Survivor: Civilization - Congratulations Boudica!!!

Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #13 (isolation #0) » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:33 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

BROS BROS BROS BROS
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #18 (isolation #1) » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:40 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

I would like to make a public statement that I AM NOT XOFELF HOW DID YOU EVEN GUYS
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #40 (isolation #2) » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:48 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

I am thankful the mods moved as quickly as they did to fix the auction rather then let it run as it stood, I think you guys did a great job salvaging that.
Borodir was a great concept! But if 8/11 people don't finish and most people tried to look for trick answers, I think it did need clarification when the challenge started.
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #51 (isolation #3) » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:05 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

Make a points system and assign twists points values, so instead of eyeballing it we have like

1-5: basically TV Survivor
5-10: Got some game specific mechanics and probably a few swaps
10-15: game specific mechanics, possibly one or two bastard elements
15-20: Basically Arkham
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #57 (isolation #4) » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:08 am

Post by Shadoweh »

The most sensible thing to do would be to just score the survivor seasons for a comparison.
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #58 (isolation #5) » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:09 am

Post by Shadoweh »

Hey you said you did soccer as Booty Ka, we never got proof of that!
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #62 (isolation #6) » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:43 am

Post by Shadoweh »

PSV had tribes picked by the worst voted players, two double votes, two interesting tribe swaps and a bonus vacation. It felt very organic because everything was being explained as it happened, there weren't many surprises. It wasn't twisty for a site game! It's twisty say, compared to the first 15 seasons of survivor. That's the kind of comparison I mean.
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #87 (isolation #7) » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:55 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

I still say the pizza giftcard should have been an announced item just to see who would bid on a real world gain versus a random box >.>

Most auctions have random boxes and the MS expectation is that they have varying results, usually a few empty/bad boxes and one idol somewhere. Civ at least guaranteed no one got literally nothing for their dollar. So that's more of an MS problem. The items didn't end up mechanically affecting the game other then Alex's, and Alex told quite a few people about his stash. It's kudos to him that no one targetted him before it was too late.

In my opinion more weaker items is still better then less stronger items ie the idol brigades that happened in Eon and Nexus.
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #109 (isolation #8) » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:33 am

Post by Shadoweh »

In post 108, Cephrir wrote:yes those are the only problematic returnees we've had! yup yup.
At least Washington and Hannibal didn't design the next set of tribes, right? Hannibal's Old World and Washington's New World!
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #148 (isolation #9) » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:33 am

Post by Shadoweh »

In post 145, Aronis wrote:I don't really feel like challenges not being important is a bad thing?? I think in most cases survivor is and should mainly be a social game. Plus I don't really feel like there's a good way to make challenges more meaningful either.
The game is Outwit, Outplay and Outlast. Which parts of that are more important to each person is debatable, but the hardest part of each game to design is the mechanics and the 16 or so minigames in the form of challenges so they should be important in some way. Honestly, I think the reason no one likes challenge winners is people begin to see them not as people, but as mechanics in the game fucking with them, basically the npc obstacles they have to work around and defeat.

D3f3nd3r wrote:I agree, you don't need pre-merge challenge performance to mean things post-merge. Especially since on the real show, it usually means bad things. And there's not really any dominant post-merge challenge performer a lot of the time...first two I can think of other than this game were Jesse in Season Finale and Tyrion in Thrones. Both several years ago.
I dunno, I think Summer is getting good at this. :V The last 5 games including this one had someone go on an immunity run, 2 had the run stop short of the finals and 2 had the immunity runner go to FTC when they would have been voted out instead. I don't know if Azmodan "needed" to win FIC but boy howdy was he @#$^ing good at it.
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #160 (isolation #10) » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:57 am

Post by Shadoweh »

Watching people freak out because OW/NW wasn't ending was hilarious.

Return to “Social Game Archive”