Survivor: Civilization - Congratulations Boudica!!!

xofelf
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #17 (isolation #0) » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:39 pm

Post by xofelf »

I had a lot of fun this game, and thanks to everyone for one of the best games I've experienced in a long time. You're all great :)
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #19 (isolation #1) » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:41 pm

Post by xofelf »

I am flattered people thought I was a brick to the face though. I've never been such a big threat like that. Thanks guys! <3
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #22 (isolation #2) » Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:00 pm

Post by xofelf »

I was trying something new! Also, knowing I was traveling meant I had to play in a way that being away unexpectedly wouldn't completely fuck me over and the way Shadow plays that's possible.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #29 (isolation #3) » Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:39 pm

Post by xofelf »

She was on my list!!
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #47 (isolation #4) » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:20 pm

Post by xofelf »

In post 39, xRECKONERx wrote:#2- We really need a better way to classify games. It doesn't have to spell out every twist, sure. But I think there are very distinct levels in Survivor that people should be able to anticipate. In Mafia games, people label their games in various ways. "Bastard" means "oh fuck here I go with some bullshit". "Role madness" means the game will be more focused on role interaction than day deduction. "Normal" means a game that features a set list of mechanics. I'm not saying we have to be so granular, but there was a misunderstanding here between what the game entailed versus what the game ended up being. When I signed up for Arkham City, I knew it would be buckwild and expected it. When I ran #2016, we told people that there would be some wild mechanics regarding delegates. Here, I had no way to anticipate three tribe swaps PLUS returnee twist PLUS 16 items entering the game at merge. I just think it'd be nice for people to know what to expect. It's possible I'm operating in a vacuum and that shit doesn't matter to other people, so I would welcome feedback.
The Mish Mash mods have already started discussing some things with this and will be getting feedback from the community in order to help define what fits where. One of the bigger problems is that what one person considers heavily twisty isn't something that everyone across the board can agree is extremely twisty. It's easy to put games like the Arkham games and Doctor Who solidly in bastard/heavy twist territory, and games like Nexus and 2016 into very twist. But when it comes to games like Pretty Super Vanilla, Hogwarts, or Eon there isn't clear agreement on whether these are low twist games or not. So the plan is to figure out a standardized labeling system so that people know what to expect when they sign up for the games and we don't fall into this sort of problem again.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #50 (isolation #5) » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:38 pm

Post by xofelf »

Explain?
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #119 (isolation #6) » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:47 am

Post by xofelf »

Arkham City and Seafoam didn't announce their returnees, and the living players didn't have any say in those. This isn't the first time returnees have been a surprise. And Seafoam had the dead vote people back in rather than vote people out.

Serious question, does the show announce all of their twists to the players ahead of time? Or does it also surprise the players with new things to have to play around suddenly? I've only seen a few seasons so I'm not sure what the norm is.

Return to “Social Game Archive”