Survivor: Civilization - Congratulations Boudica!!!

DrumBeats
DrumBeats
Mafia Scum
DrumBeats
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (isolation #0) » Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:36 pm

Post by DrumBeats »

For what it's worth Gilgamesh, I had a blast playing with you. I only really saw the anger come out at the auction, but other than that point I thought you were a very fun person to talk to. You made this game a lot more fun for me for sure.

Huge congratulations to Broseidon, who's not only the king of the brocean, but also this game.

(Also for clarification to the spectators, me misspelling Boudica all the time was due to mobile autocorrect and me being lazy. I hated it too)
"Welcome to Whose Line is it Anyway folks where the reasoning's made up and the reads don't matter."
DrumBeats
DrumBeats
Mafia Scum
DrumBeats
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (isolation #1) » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:05 am

Post by DrumBeats »

I thought Borobudur was a frustrating but very interesting challenge. I definitely enjoy the idea of it but my biggest issue with it was that it wasn't clear how we were being judged. As I was playing I had to angleshoot about what would make more sense for the mods to judge it by, number of moves or time. That definitely had an impact on how I played it because I spent extra time trying to optimize my paths with the map that I had of it. I think it was fine for us to go in not knowing it was a maze, but I think we should've known how it was being judged.
"Welcome to Whose Line is it Anyway folks where the reasoning's made up and the reads don't matter."
DrumBeats
DrumBeats
Mafia Scum
DrumBeats
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (isolation #2) » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:10 am

Post by DrumBeats »

And on the items, the big thing was just that the auction was so over saturated with them. We could've had just 8 then, and it'd have made it much better imo. The issue with 16 was that a lot of it came down to luck on who was bidding where on the 8 mystery prizes. Yes Alex had a ton of money, but he also got lucky that people didn't bid heavy on the mystery prizes he was going for. When you have 8 mystery boxes that contain such drastically different rewards (pizza vs an idol), it's a crapshoot. At 8 items, every item is likely to be bid somewhat heavily on, so it stops one person from sweeping them.
DrumBeats
DrumBeats
Mafia Scum
DrumBeats
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #72 (isolation #3) » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:11 am

Post by DrumBeats »

In post 70, hiplop wrote:
In post 69, DrumBeats wrote:I thought Borobudur was a frustrating but very interesting challenge. I definitely enjoy the idea of it but my biggest issue with it was that it wasn't clear how we were being judged. As I was playing I had to angleshoot about what would make more sense for the mods to judge it by, number of moves or time. That definitely had an impact on how I played it because I spent extra time trying to optimize my paths with the map that I had of it. I think it was fine for us to go in not knowing it was a maze, but I think we should've known how it was being judged.
yeah, this was bullshit. challenge was weird but fine, lack of judging criteria is a major no-no
I think Boudica still beat me on moves though so it didn't matter in the end, but I was pissed about it at the time.

Return to “Social Game Archive”