Survivor: Civilization - Congratulations Boudica!!!

Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:33 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 18, Shadoweh wrote:I would like to make a public statement that I AM NOT XOFELF HOW DID YOU EVEN GUYS
Lies, everyone is Xof.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
DrumBeats
DrumBeats
Mafia Scum
DrumBeats
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:36 pm

Post by DrumBeats »

For what it's worth Gilgamesh, I had a blast playing with you. I only really saw the anger come out at the auction, but other than that point I thought you were a very fun person to talk to. You made this game a lot more fun for me for sure.

Huge congratulations to Broseidon, who's not only the king of the brocean, but also this game.

(Also for clarification to the spectators, me misspelling Boudica all the time was due to mobile autocorrect and me being lazy. I hated it too)
"Welcome to Whose Line is it Anyway folks where the reasoning's made up and the reads don't matter."
Iprobablysuck
Iprobablysuck
Goon
Iprobablysuck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:37 pm

Post by Iprobablysuck »

I am utter shit at IDing

I thought Gilgamesh was Xof at one point

Then that tree behind Hannibal
Show
Do I REALLY suck? That's up to you to decide.

Retiring from LSG's and Mish Mash, for the most part. If you want to contact me, I suggest going outside and enjoying what the world has to offer, instead.

Definitely DID suck, in the end...Probably.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:39 pm

Post by BROseidon »

Oh yeah my biggest disappointment in this game is that nobody played as Wu Zetian.
xofelf
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:39 pm

Post by xofelf »

She was on my list!!
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:43 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Thanks mods for a really fun game. I'm so glad I had the chance to replace in.

I'm really sorry Klick for not giving you a chance. Shrek fooled me good. Though honestly it was for the best that I didn't return. I was struggling to stay active even while in the game, and life actually got quite a lot busier after I was eliminated. Still wish we could have worked together though. <3
Skelda
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Zee Retiree

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:14 pm

Post by Skelda »

I had a blast guys! This game was so much fun!

BRO, you were amazing to work with and congrats on the win buddy!
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:15 pm

Post by BROseidon »

<3
Iprobablysuck
Iprobablysuck
Goon
Iprobablysuck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:20 pm

Post by Iprobablysuck »

So I get to stay up past bedtime to read conessionals and spec thread

i'm like yay

five minutes later

now I am said
Show
Do I REALLY suck? That's up to you to decide.

Retiring from LSG's and Mish Mash, for the most part. If you want to contact me, I suggest going outside and enjoying what the world has to offer, instead.

Definitely DID suck, in the end...Probably.
Aronis
Aronis
Just here for the Pagetop!
Aronis

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:29 pm

Post by Aronis »

Congrats BRO!
You were amazing, I had a blast watching you dominate!!!
mv_gimmick
mv_gimmick
Watcher
mv_gimmick
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:47 pm

Post by mv_gimmick »

Congratulations Bro and to all players, a game well played. Everyone made an exciting series with unpredictable moments and incredible storylines. Well done and all the best.
CuddlyCaucasian
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
Professor of Being a Dog

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:06 pm

Post by CuddlyCaucasian »

ELOs are updated and Summer is still below hiplop

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
"CC is very [whatever the equivalent of photogenic as it applies to videos]" - racefan12

"CC is an objectively attractive person." - Crazy

"You look like a happy version of Trent Reznor." - LicketyQuickety

"Do you practice sounding like you're high all the time?" - xofelf
SummerInWonderland
SummerInWonderland
Goon
SummerInWonderland
Goon
Goon

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:12 pm

Post by SummerInWonderland »

if yall gave me the win we could have knocked hiplop down a peg!!!
Curiouser and curiouser!
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:14 pm

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

Congratulations to BROseidon for a very well-deserved win. So many times we were convinced you were on your last legs and you kept proving us wrong all the way to the end.

All in all I am thrilled with the way this game went. While there were some hiccups along the way for the most part the twists worked out mostly how I expected and hoped they would. I'm not too happy about Klick winning 75% of the premerge rewards when I specifically tried to make it less likely for him to sweep, and I acknowledge that the first draft of the auction was not as well-received as I thought it would be, but overall this is a game I will look back on fondly.

To the players: You all were wonderful. I feel like this game had a stellar cast. We had three players who had never played before reach the jury. We had interesting personalities and players of just about every archetype. I loved seeing how you all worked together and how you all tackled the challenges of this game.

To the spectators: Thank you for keeping the spectator forum lively and giving interesting thoughts on the game. Special shoutouts go to hiplop for his lovely Edgic and mv_gimmick for being every players' favorite spectator, but seriously, all of you were great.

To my comods: As many of you know, I have actually ran most of this game before for a group of IRL friends. I did that by myself, with no comods. Having Radja and Animorpher on board was truly an amazing experience. You both were incredibly helpful finishing the design, running the game, talking me off the metaphorical ledge when things were going wrong, and coming up with solutions when we needed emergency challenges or other things like that. This was Radja's first game as mod and he did a wonderful job. If any of you are looking for an addition to your mod team see if he's available; you won't be disappointed. I am not being hyperbolic when I say that without Radja and Ani this game would not have been nearly as good as it was.

Thanks again for everything, all of you.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:32 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

@Mods: You guys dealt with my over the top bullshit with grace and poise. While I stand by some of the points I was
trying
to make, I ripped you guys a new one and crossed a line that shouldn't have been crossed. As I told BRO earlier, I was not my best self this game, and you guys naturally wound up on the receiving end of it. That wasn't fair to you, and I apologize.

Without going too much into the weeds on this game specifically, I'd like to speak more broadly to mechanics in Survivor in order to try to foster a better environment for future games.

#1- I don't think we need the 24 hour starter-but-just-kidding period in games anymore. If we're gonna set a start time for games, then start the game at those times, I think. It has gotten to the point where I think it has lost its "surprise" factor and the issue it was trying to correct isn't really prevalent anymore

#2- We really need a better way to classify games. It doesn't have to spell out every twist, sure. But I think there are very distinct levels in Survivor that people should be able to anticipate. In Mafia games, people label their games in various ways. "Bastard" means "oh fuck here I go with some bullshit". "Role madness" means the game will be more focused on role interaction than day deduction. "Normal" means a game that features a set list of mechanics. I'm not saying we have to be so granular, but there was a misunderstanding here between what the game entailed versus what the game ended up being. When I signed up for Arkham City, I knew it would be buckwild and expected it. When I ran #2016, we told people that there would be some wild mechanics regarding delegates. Here, I had no way to anticipate three tribe swaps PLUS returnee twist PLUS 16 items entering the game at merge. I just think it'd be nice for people to know what to expect. It's possible I'm operating in a vacuum and that shit doesn't matter to other people, so I would welcome feedback.

#3- There has to be a better level of game review/design. Two listmods were involved in the review of this game and the fact that the auction passed review was pretty insane. The Ghost challenge? Yeah, I was drunk and rambling about that. I'll concede the latin argument was cartoonish in nature and stupid. I don't think it necessarily takes away from the rest of my complaints about the game's challenges. (And though some people loved the maze challenge, I'll contend that players should always have some sort of descriptor for what they're trying to do. There wasn't anything other than flavor in terms of instruction for that challenge.)

These are the three main points I want to raise. I understand it may be difficult to separate my arguments from the bullshit I spewed during the game, and I hope I'm not doing a disservice to the community by wrapping these points within a layer of toxicity. But I do think there's some meat and potatoes beneath all of this.
green shirt thursdays
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:48 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

I am thankful the mods moved as quickly as they did to fix the auction rather then let it run as it stood, I think you guys did a great job salvaging that.
Borodir was a great concept! But if 8/11 people don't finish and most people tried to look for trick answers, I think it did need clarification when the challenge started.
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:52 pm

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

Well a lot of people I think would have finished but we cut them off because they had gone way over Bro's time. But yes, probably just saying "this is a maze of sorts" might have encouraged more people to actually try and diagram things.
Shrek
Shrek
Goon
Shrek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:02 pm

Post by Shrek »

Good game. Had fun being a power player in Terra Incognita.
SummerInWonderland
SummerInWonderland
Goon
SummerInWonderland
Goon
Goon

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:02 pm

Post by SummerInWonderland »

Honestly I feel like every problem we have here is fixed if you make me supreme LSG overlord.
Curiouser and curiouser!
Skelda
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Zee Retiree

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:02 pm

Post by Skelda »

The maze challenge was probably my favorite challenge of all time in a game that I've played anyway. I liked the excitement of figuring it out as you went along, it was like an Escape the Room or something

But I get why people have complaints too, but if you said too much before the challenge then people would do tons of prepwork which I think would make it less fun.

But as someone who loathes traditional challenges, I thought it was a breath of fresh air.
Shrek
Shrek
Goon
Shrek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:07 pm

Post by Shrek »

No worries about Hannibal. He can't vote for you.
Out of all of the iconic quotes in this game, this gem from Nostradamus in Willem's confessional was my personal favorite.
Vijarada
Vijarada
Goon
Vijarada
Goon
Goon

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:23 pm

Post by Vijarada »

I did want to check if this game was done! Excellent timing, I think, having not checked the site for a month or so. Well done to BRO, Phant, Skelda, SIW and whoever else did really well. Lots of cool fan favourites as well eg Willem, Pocatello, Maria-Theresa. Will probably read all the shit because I'm bored. #endalltwists. Hiplop's edgic was incredible. Gimmick/Nostradamus was incredible and I should have guessed it. Welcome Drumbeats, Aristo, StrangerCoug, Mina, Vedith whoever else!

brb scrambling my password and reinstalling blocking toolbars.
get a warrant
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:20 pm

Post by xofelf »

In post 39, xRECKONERx wrote:#2- We really need a better way to classify games. It doesn't have to spell out every twist, sure. But I think there are very distinct levels in Survivor that people should be able to anticipate. In Mafia games, people label their games in various ways. "Bastard" means "oh fuck here I go with some bullshit". "Role madness" means the game will be more focused on role interaction than day deduction. "Normal" means a game that features a set list of mechanics. I'm not saying we have to be so granular, but there was a misunderstanding here between what the game entailed versus what the game ended up being. When I signed up for Arkham City, I knew it would be buckwild and expected it. When I ran #2016, we told people that there would be some wild mechanics regarding delegates. Here, I had no way to anticipate three tribe swaps PLUS returnee twist PLUS 16 items entering the game at merge. I just think it'd be nice for people to know what to expect. It's possible I'm operating in a vacuum and that shit doesn't matter to other people, so I would welcome feedback.
The Mish Mash mods have already started discussing some things with this and will be getting feedback from the community in order to help define what fits where. One of the bigger problems is that what one person considers heavily twisty isn't something that everyone across the board can agree is extremely twisty. It's easy to put games like the Arkham games and Doctor Who solidly in bastard/heavy twist territory, and games like Nexus and 2016 into very twist. But when it comes to games like Pretty Super Vanilla, Hogwarts, or Eon there isn't clear agreement on whether these are low twist games or not. So the plan is to figure out a standardized labeling system so that people know what to expect when they sign up for the games and we don't fall into this sort of problem again.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
Drench
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
crucial waukesha voter

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:26 pm

Post by Drench »

In post 39, xRECKONERx wrote:"Bastard" means "oh fuck here I go with some bullshit"
proud to announce that my life is permanently bastard
join your union
Drench
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
crucial waukesha voter

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:28 pm