Survivor: Civilization - Congratulations Boudica!!!

Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #79 (isolation #0) » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:56 am

Post by Mina »

In post 71, DrumBeats wrote:Yes Alex had a ton of money, but he also got lucky that people didn't bid heavy on the mystery prizes he was going for. When you have 8 mystery boxes that contain such drastically different rewards (pizza vs an idol), it's a crapshoot. At 8 items, every item is likely to be bid somewhat heavily on, so it stops one person from sweeping them.
Yeah, I didn't mind this with the techs, because I thought the flavour clued you into which ones were good. But when it's completely random, it feels like bidding on the right one is a crap shoot. Eight probably would have been the perfect number.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #80 (isolation #1) » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:46 am

Post by Mina »

Btw, I would be up for playing a Civ 5 reunion game with you guys if anyone is interested.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #106 (isolation #2) » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:05 am

Post by Mina »

I didn't realize that players normally got spectator accounts once they were eliminated. I thought all those ex-players who kept showing up online were just really avid fans of the game and reading our confessionals!
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #179 (isolation #3) » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:51 pm

Post by Mina »

It made me sad to see I voted you out first, Ari! And what d3f3nder said. I also found our interactions really stilted when we did talk, particularly since you mostly sent one-liners roleplaying about people being strong. It made you seem untrustworthy and difficult to work with, but also a very easy target, and everyone was looking for a convenient consensus boot. My limited experience is that it's much safer to open the game coming across as more friendly and natural. I know you're a very likeable and sunny person, so taking advantage of your people skills here would likely get you much deeper into the game.

Return to “Social Game Archive”