Survivor: Civilization - Congratulations Boudica!!!

SummerInWonderland
SummerInWonderland
Goon
SummerInWonderland
Goon
Goon

Post Post #37 (isolation #0) » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:12 pm

Post by SummerInWonderland »

if yall gave me the win we could have knocked hiplop down a peg!!!
Curiouser and curiouser!
SummerInWonderland
SummerInWonderland
Goon
SummerInWonderland
Goon
Goon

Post Post #43 (isolation #1) » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:02 pm

Honestly I feel like every problem we have here is fixed if you make me supreme LSG overlord.
Curiouser and curiouser!
SummerInWonderland
SummerInWonderland
Goon
SummerInWonderland
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (isolation #2) » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:46 am

I didn't think returneers were happening bc Gilgy was super confident in it because of a discussion he had with the mods
so I was like "if the mods said something that could be taken as someone being 100 percent sure dead ppl were coming back the mods would either confirm it to everyone or the twist wasnt happening"
but like then dead people did show up and I was like >.>

I was convinced dead people were not coming because because of how mods/players interacted/game was not described as high twist.
Curiouser and curiouser!
SummerInWonderland
SummerInWonderland
Goon
SummerInWonderland
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (isolation #3) » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:43 am

I think the gold thing is fine because it fit the theme, I just wished the mechanics on it were clear.

I didn't hate it but of course it encourages one play style over another. I think it was a good idea to try tho because being good at challenges isn't really a great thing in these games, like usually it should give you some saftey to reach merge in real survivor but in these games the challenges are so different that there aren't maany people who are like these huge assets to a tribe. This game gave people who are good at challenges more reason to perform well but it wasn't explained and no one had any idea what it did. like if it said "hey doing well on challenges will benefit your game later!" would fix it a lot.

my biggest thing was that there was really little clarity. I had no idea how Oslo interacted with certain things and I had to directly ask the mods/I felt bamboozeled because the mods gave me the information for the most part but I had to ask like 20 questions/at final 5 I was shocked I couldnt play it on the vacation bc I was given misleading information which I didn't think was fair at all.
Curiouser and curiouser!
SummerInWonderland
SummerInWonderland
Goon
SummerInWonderland
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (isolation #4) » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:53 am

In post 130, Haschel Cedricson wrote:but this community UNDERvalues challenge performance to a ridiculous extent and this was a direct challenge to that.
yeah I thought the coin thing was fun for that reason.
Curiouser and curiouser!
SummerInWonderland
SummerInWonderland
Goon
SummerInWonderland
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (isolation #5) » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:56 am

In real survivor you work hard for your tribe and you are usually rewarded for that.
I don't think that happens here so it was nice to get something in return for carrying a tribe.
Curiouser and curiouser!
SummerInWonderland
SummerInWonderland
Goon
SummerInWonderland
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (isolation #6) » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:41 am

In post 139, Cephrir wrote:the solution to this problem is less swaps
taddaaaa

this is super important imo
even in the real thing challenge ability is less valued when you think you are only going to be on a tribe for like 2 rounds

like in neds I gave zero fucks for challenges because I knew I was going to be safe/control the vote. Like even in here Boudica didn't perform great pre merge but at merge the switch is flipped. I don't understand why anyone would try in a challenge and get labelled "challenge threat" when they are going to be lots of swaps.... like here people are stilled considered threats if they perform well in challenge, it may not be "this person is a challenge beast" but it will be "this person is a threat, they are goood at challenges and such and such" I believe on MS you are still punished within the game for being good at challenges, especially if you show that in premerge. I think if anything it acts an excuse to target someone at merge. "Blair is so amazing at challenges (and like really hard to talk to) we need to vote her out"and things like that. Being goood at challenges pre merge raises your threat level but it also gives you no saftey during the premerge period. If it was valued more/A LOT less swaps then people who are stronger socially but are horrible at challenges might suffer more premerge which I am happy with because there is still the flip of at merge people being wary of others who performed welll in premerge challenges. I think there are quite a few people here who are better at challenges/not as social who we see leave premerge all the time because no one really cares about how people perform. I also think its more than people being challenge beasts its that there are people who really suck at challenges, like will always get the lowest scores/least helpful in a challenge who get by because they are likable.

Like Dan in School Survivor should have been in a little bit of danger because I showed up to like 2 challenges and did nothing but because of a lot of swaps/my social game I was never worried. I just think as of right now the people who are good at challenges have no reason to perform well, which is weird because in real survivor people are not itching to throw challenges, I am not even sure how many people who are good at challenges feel like its fine to throw them here but I see it as a good strategy if you are positioned well to survive to merge. That also is weird when you have people who are good at challenges/not particularly likable doing their hardest to win immunity for their tribe with also people who are likable/good at challenges not caring about the challenges.

basically rn performing well premerge still gives you a target (to some extent)
if you suck at challenges that will not hurt your chance of surviving premerge
so why would anyone who is both likable/good at challenges try in a challenge?

need someone to talk me out of why this isn't the best strategy for players like myself with how most of games on ms are very swapy
Curiouser and curiouser!
SummerInWonderland
SummerInWonderland
Goon
SummerInWonderland
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (isolation #7) » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:33 pm

In post 173, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 172, D3f3nd3r wrote:I don't think you were nearly talkative enough to get much further than you did, to be honest. Nobody really felt much of a connection to you on Asia and that's why we got rid of you quickly.
Really??

I thought I was doing a great job on that front!

Live and learn I guess! Ari will be more talkative than ever the next time he plays!!!

I was doing far better in the Terra until I stopped being able to. I honestly thought I had masterminded everything so I could get back into the game, setting up allies and lying to get my way. Worked out for the most part.
Perhaps I talked game instead of personal too much?
I am so happy you played in a game aristo!!! I wish we had a chance to chat in/please play another.
Curiouser and curiouser!

Return to “Social Game Archive”