Survivor: Civilization - Congratulations Boudica!!!

D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:32 pm

Post by D3f3nd3r »

You sent me exactly three PMs and then just dropped off the face of the earth (for comparison, I'd gotten ten from Maria in the same timeframe). Looking back those three PMs were at least somewhat fine, though people didn't really seem to be making any legit connections with you.
“The assumption of good faith is dead”

(profile pic by datisi)
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:38 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 175, D3f3nd3r wrote:You sent me exactly three PMs and then just dropped off the face of the earth (for comparison, I'd gotten ten from Maria in the same timeframe). Looking back those three PMs were at least somewhat fine, though people didn't really seem to be making any legit connections with you.
Cool, duly noted!

I really had no clue what I was doing, so good to know where my first major drawback was!
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
SummerInWonderland
SummerInWonderland
Goon
SummerInWonderland
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:33 pm

Post by SummerInWonderland »

In post 173, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 172, D3f3nd3r wrote:I don't think you were nearly talkative enough to get much further than you did, to be honest. Nobody really felt much of a connection to you on Asia and that's why we got rid of you quickly.
Really??

I thought I was doing a great job on that front!

Live and learn I guess! Ari will be more talkative than ever the next time he plays!!!

I was doing far better in the Terra until I stopped being able to. I honestly thought I had masterminded everything so I could get back into the game, setting up allies and lying to get my way. Worked out for the most part.
Perhaps I talked game instead of personal too much?
I am so happy you played in a game aristo!!! I wish we had a chance to chat in/please play another.
Curiouser and curiouser!
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:49 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 177, SummerInWonderland wrote:I am so happy you played in a game aristo!!! I wish we had a chance to chat in/please play another.
I had a blast despite being out so early! :)

I shall return and I look forward to playing with you next time! :)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:51 pm

Post by Mina »

It made me sad to see I voted you out first, Ari! And what d3f3nder said. I also found our interactions really stilted when we did talk, particularly since you mostly sent one-liners roleplaying about people being strong. It made you seem untrustworthy and difficult to work with, but also a very easy target, and everyone was looking for a convenient consensus boot. My limited experience is that it's much safer to open the game coming across as more friendly and natural. I know you're a very likeable and sunny person, so taking advantage of your people skills here would likely get you much deeper into the game.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:54 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 179, Mina wrote:It made me sad to see I voted you out first, Ari! And what d3f3nder said. I also found our interactions really stilted when we did talk, particularly since you mostly sent one-liners roleplaying about people being strong. It made you seem untrustworthy and difficult to work with, but also a very easy target, and everyone was looking for a convenient consensus boot. My limited experience is that it's much safer to open the game coming across as more friendly and natural. I know you're a very likeable and sunny person, so taking advantage of your people skills here would likely get you much deeper into the game.
Lmao! This is the exact opposite of what I was going for! XD

Good to know though! And fun playing with you, Mina! :)

I'll be more Ari and less Khan next time!
- Jingle
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:21 pm

Post by Randomnamechange »

I did exactly the same thing in my first game ari. Its kinda weird to get to grips with it
vonflare (21:40)
you suck randomidget
Iprobablysuck
Iprobablysuck
Goon
Iprobablysuck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:54 am

Post by Iprobablysuck »

Aristo! I actually thought you were pretty cool even if I didn't mention it anywhere. Too bad you fell in the same trap as StrangerCoug D:
Show
Do I REALLY suck? That's up to you to decide.

Retiring from LSG's and Mish Mash, for the most part. If you want to contact me, I suggest going outside and enjoying what the world has to offer, instead.

Definitely DID suck, in the end...Probably.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:30 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 182, Iprobablysuck wrote:Aristo! I actually thought you were pretty cool even if I didn't mention it anywhere. Too bad you fell in the same trap as StrangerCoug D:
Thanks man! =D

I agree, it kinda sucks that I did. Hopefully I can be far better next time :)

I had fun with you as well! It's been a while since we've played anything together!
- Jingle

Return to “Social Game Archive”