Normal 1934: Civilization Mafia Mafia (Endgame)

nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1275 (ISO) » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:54 pm

Post by nancy »

Disastrous results?
:2017-2018:
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1276 (ISO) » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:00 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Yes.

Ginngie's naked claiming only "caught" me because they insisted on something that wasn't required.

So I kept telling the truth scum have a bus driver.

It frustrated me that Town wouldn't use logic in night and day and got lucky in lynching myself and Nos and when it became clear I was the lynch I just made enough wifom for Alisae and Quantum to win.

Information has to have a controlled release as Town. It feels like Ginngie believes the opposite.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1277 (ISO) » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:27 pm

Post by Ginngie »

kinda prodge but not really cuz content?

Math/
Drixx/
massive/
Dark Horse/
nancy!
Grendel/
Gamma Emerald/
Game Replacement?

Also
In post 1261, Gamma Emerald wrote:Actually Ginngie, why did you claim day 3 IC? What was the benefit?
1. scum have no reason to think I'm a liar.
2. The longer I live with the IC claim, the more I learn my reads are ass.
3. Useless IC's usually live a long time actually.
4. point 3 helps keep me alive to do other things.
5. My favorite point, because I couldn't be assed to try and deal with the playerlist the way it was lmao
Shoutout to PJ and Nahdia for making my amazing new avi :)

Following the previous dozen pages that cropped up in the last 10 hours I would like to congratulate Ginngie for being drunk with distinction. - Vi
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1278 (ISO) » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:27 pm

Post by Ginngie »

I will have words probs tomorrow because I'm doubting Game Replacement will have anything to say

Following the previous dozen pages that cropped up in the last 10 hours I would like to congratulate Ginngie for being drunk with distinction. - Vi
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1279 (ISO) » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:32 pm

Post by nancy »

Gamma when you get back I'd really like it if you could go over your Grendel/Korts/Eddie reads for me because those are the ones I understand least from you; I have some pretty specific concerns there but I'd like it if you ran me through what each of your reads there is / how you got there before I go into more detail on that. If you think the flips have affected your read at all I'd like it if you talked about that / why too.
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1280 (ISO) » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:53 am

Post by massive »

Neither Game Replacement nor Vedith have posted on-site since August 31.

My ISO has my general read progression on Gamma. Some of it is gut but I was ok with Sunlit Diamond D1.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1281 (ISO) » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:44 am

Post by Grendel »

I've fallen behind in my Graphic design classes and will be on V/LA for a few days while I get caught up.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1282 (ISO) » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:59 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Meow, for now.

Civilization Mafia Mafia:

Votecount 3.52:

Gamma Emerald (1): Mathblade
Mathblade (0):
Game Replacement (0):
nancy (0):
Drixx (0):
Grendel (0):
massive (0):
Ginngie (0):
Dark Horse (0):

Not Voting: Gamma Emerald, nancy, Ginngie, Dark Horse, Grendel, Drixx, massive, Game Replacement

With 9 alive it's 5 to lynch.

The day has begun and will end in (expired on 2017-09-17 23:00:00).

Spoiler: Remaining Posts:
Drixx: 69
Ginngie: 66
Game Replacement: 70
Gamma Emerald: 52
Mathblade: 52
Grendel: 67
massive: 66
Dark Horse: 68
nancy: 59
Last edited by RadiantCowbells on Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1283 (ISO) » Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:18 pm

Post by Drixx »

So I'm sitting here waiting for the info drop and ... it's going so slowly I got prodded. Holy shit this game is like molasses at the south pole ... only I think the molasses moves faster.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1284 (ISO) » Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:49 pm

Post by massive »

The burden of role madness games -- everyone starts depending on the roles.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1285 (ISO) » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:03 pm

Post by nancy »

If you're able to talk in any more depth than that massive I'd really appreciate it; not really concerned with your progression there so much as what you're actually seeing right now. I think the reasoning you've given so far is pretty shallow and not really anything I can follow so walking me through your read there a little would be pretty helpful. If you want to talk about your Sunlit read too I'd welcome that.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1286 (ISO) » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:40 am

Post by MathBlade »

Okay yeah this lack of activity to me further looks like the majority of "active" players are scum.

If you aren't scum and are struggling to post things look at the last two VCs and provide thoughts.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1287 (ISO) » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:30 am

Post by Ginngie »

In post 1254, Gamma Emerald wrote:I didn't Target TChill.
But this rings oddly familiar. Grendel and nancy I ask you to recall the first trustthedeceived game.
This is the first point with a spin.

Gamma Emerald shades my claim by referring to a scum game I played on a different sight where I hastily claimed a guilty on a player for the win in LyLo.

THIS IS okay to think because a guilty in LyLo is always sus, however it was pointed out by massive and Gamma acknowledged this point, that it was not MyLo.

so with me obviously not doing what I did before, the scum read expressed here:
In post 1265, Gamma Emerald wrote:Honestly I'm kinda shaken up now. Ginngie might actually be my top scumread for now. Still townread you and GR, but I'm feeling doubtful on Math.
Makes no literal sense.

It also doesn't make sense to scumread a player who basically has a guilty outside of MyLo.

Really tho, Math sums it up nicely with:
In post 1267, MathBlade wrote:Gamma's responses to the PR claims are notably different than Rematch and he seems more interested in shading Ginngie than asking questions or finding out the truth. Him being shaken up could be shocked. Gamma's comment about Watcher cop reads like someone who knows too much or is complaining about setup balance for scum. She didn't claim Watcher. This sounds like Gamma rolecopped or guessed.
Also fun fact: "A Mafia or Serial Killer aligned Ninja is considered Normal on mafiascum.net. A Ninja cannot be seen performing a kill by Tracker, Watcher, Voyeur, Follower, or Motion Detector."

There isn't really a reason to think "too much power" when there are roles that can directly counter such things and there are really no scum flips.

MATH I KNOW YOU HATE GAMBITS. I AM SORRY. HOWEVER I HAVE BEEN WAITING A WHOLE DAMN YEAR TO PULL THIS OFF SO PLEASE FORGIVE ME

As for nancy, I'm waffling really hard to be honest. I didn't expect an actual claim to happen.

So my lynch pool is {Gamma, nancy, Game Replacement}

Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1288 (ISO) » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:32 am

Post by Ginngie »

Alrighty, I learned this trick from my boy CKD, or curiouskarmadog. He's done this 3 times in his maf career and I waited an entire year and a playerlist that wasn't involved with Hunger games 2.
Spoiler: Also lol plagiarism
Subject: Hunger Games II [GAME OVER]
curiouskarmadog wrote:so lets play a game.

I know who targeted Ted last night. Here is the problem, there are two people. one is scum the other is a town power role.

dilemma time.

Now I will take a 1v1 town/mafia trade all day, but would like to avoid it if possible (technically 2, since I am outing myself too but whatever)

so, on your next post, claim if you targeted Ted.
DO NOT TELL ME WHAT POWER YOU USED
, just that you targeted him.

here is what is going to happen, scum is going to (probably) wait as long as they can to claim to see who the other player is. Also scum might just straight out lie (which is what I am hoping). If they do that, then we know for sure which one is scum and the other doesnt have to claim. Time to see who starts to lurk.

not going to post again until the two players claim or someone lies about targeting Ted.

Spoiler: Here is the handy dandy guide to how to use the gambit
Subject: Hunger Games II [GAME OVER]
curiouskarmadog wrote:Gambit –“ something done or said in order to gain an advantage or to produce a desired result”

I have done said gambit twice ever in my mafia career and both times landed scum with it. There has to be certain factors in play that make it work. There are several ways it could go wrong, but it has never failed to get scum.
So I claim to know that two people have targeted the person who died. One we are assuming is town the other we are assuming is scum. I ask for claims. I specifically don’t ask for roles, just claims.

Scum freak out.

If they lie, I supposedly will know. They will look bad. If they tell the truth, they look better and get in front of the supposed inevitable. They will lose a member, but take another (supposedly) town power role with them and hopefully first.

So scum will do one of three things.

1- They claim quick usually with a “great CKD you ousted two powers roles, you suck” type of post.

2- Claim that they don’t want to because (stupid) reasons.

3- Lurk as long as they can and completely ignore the question

So this is what we have.

Dunn- claimed to target Ted then took it back. (have not seen this happen before)

Froot- went this route.
In post 1954, Froot Loop wrote:
STOP TALKING ABOUT ROLES AND WHAT HAPPENS AT NIGHT AND WHAT YOU DID OR DID NOT DO.

I swear, if this is something that needs to be said, this town will lose in record time.

Dunn/Jin/CKD are scum.
Lets be perfectly clear here, all I am asking is “who targeted the dead guy”, he refused to answer the question. Furthermore, he called me scum based on this? Really? He “thought” Creeps was town, when all things pointed to him being scum, but I claim to see someone target a dead guy and I am scum?

And Pine -
In post 1923, Pine wrote:
Fuck you for rolefishing, I'm not telling you who I visited, if I visited anyone, or what my role it. I am hugely not a fan of this paradigm of rolefishing.

End this. Pick the scummier and push a case on them. If they flip Town, THEN you should out yourself and lynch the other with fire.
In post 1929, Pine wrote:
@Town PR: Please do not reveal yourself. Even this bunny doesn't want you to.
This is a little more interesting. Again with the "don’t rolefish", but then follows up and asked the town power role not to claim. This is strange. I have already said I know who targeted Ted, why ask just the town not to claim? Why not say, no one claim? While appeal to just one of the people versus both of the people? Almost feels like you know who the other person is.

UA, midget ignored the question.

Hiphop hasn’t posted.

So yeah, I don’t have a watch type ability.

But if I had to guess,

At least one scum (maybe more) is among Dunn, Froot, and Pine in that order.

the gambit has never...never let me down.

and dunn claimed to target the dead guy.

VOTE: dunnstral
In post 1254, Gamma Emerald wrote:I didn't Target TChill.
But this rings oddly familiar. Grendel and nancy I ask you to recall the first trustthedeceived game.
This is the first point with a spin.

Gamma Emerald shades my claim by referring to a scum game I played on a different sight where I hastily claimed a guilty on a player for the win in LyLo.

THIS IS okay to think because a guilty in LyLo is always sus, however it was pointed out by massive and Gamma acknowledged this point, that it was not MyLo.

so with me obviously not doing what I did before, the scum read expressed here:
In post 1265, Gamma Emerald wrote:Honestly I'm kinda shaken up now. Ginngie might actually be my top scumread for now. Still townread you and GR, but I'm feeling doubtful on Math.
Makes no literal sense.

It also doesn't make sense to scumread a player who basically has a guilty outside of MyLo.

Really tho, Math sums it up nicely with:
In post 1267, MathBlade wrote:Gamma's responses to the PR claims are notably different than Rematch and he seems more interested in shading Ginngie than asking questions or finding out the truth. Him being shaken up could be shocked. Gamma's comment about Watcher cop reads like someone who knows too much or is complaining about setup balance for scum. She didn't claim Watcher. This sounds like Gamma rolecopped or guessed.
Also fun fact: "A Mafia or Serial Killer aligned Ninja is considered Normal on mafiascum.net. A Ninja cannot be seen performing a kill by Tracker, Watcher, Voyeur, Follower, or Motion Detector."

There isn't really a reason to think "too much power" when there are roles that can directly counter such things and there are really no scum flips.

MATH I KNOW YOU HATE GAMBITS. I AM SORRY. HOWEVER I HAVE BEEN WAITING A WHOLE DAMN YEAR TO PULL THIS OFF SO PLEASE FORGIVE ME

As for nancy, I'm waffling really hard to be honest. I didn't expect an actual claim to happen.

So my lynch pool is {Gamma, nancy, Game Replacement}

can't believe I forgot to add those together. Hate wall posting, sorry about that

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1289 (ISO) » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:46 am

Post by MathBlade »

Ginngie

I think we are synergizing for completely different reasons lol.

IC what you are doing ;)

And I agree with your reads list. It is a freaking shame I had to compromise yesterday. *sigh*

How about let's not do the whole wait until deadline to play thing?

Game Replacement I think might be Town. The other two yes please on lynching them. I think Gamma is the lynch pin holding the group together.

Let's start a Gamma wagon? I have my vote contributed. :)
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1290 (ISO) » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:55 am

Post by Ginngie »

I'm honestly taken aback.

Something just doesn't feel right about you and me actually agreeing on something :?

I guess it's because neither of us have been the aggressive we usually are?

VOTE: Gamma

nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1291 (ISO) » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:06 am

Post by nancy »

Math I don't understand why it's a shame you had to compromise yesterday when you wanted to lynch monkey? Why is Vedith town?

Vote: Gamma
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1292 (ISO) » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:52 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1168, MathBlade wrote:
In post 23, nancy wrote:Fuck I am gonna get roasted so hard this game.

@robbnva I'm not really sure why you're reading Persephone's vote as non-RVS? Unless I'm misreading you here saying "we must have blood" seems pretty obviously a joke to me and you seem to have missed that entirely; is there some reason why you expect that kind of reasoning to be serious? I can see how you might read her as backtracking there if you did take her initial vote on you for not posting seriously but you don't seem to have brought that up; don't really get why you reiterate yourself in 16 without taking into account that she's said it was an RVS vote or why her not making sense is your main sticking point here if she is out of RVS.

@Persephone don't entirely see what you're doing here to get out of RVS if that's what you're genuinely trying to do; robbnva's issue with you seems to be that he thought your vote on him for not voting was something you actually found scummy, rather than an RVS vote; you don't seem to have made much effort to correct that misconception. Unless that actually was the case I'm a little confused by your approach here overall.
VOTE: nancy

Cmon nancy this is just bad. Stalling out conversation when it begins and wordy as fuck for no real good reason.

And you almost always have a true correct read on me in my first two posts [is dead serious].

You can have a vote. Let me know when you realize I am Town. Oh wait..:That goes against the scum agenda to give a conf!town. Carry on flailing.
I originally wanted you.

When I kept reading I found something was off on Titus (mainly her lack of activity) but figured out correctly that they (Titus and Monkey) were the wrong alignment.

Vedith is town because I know Vedith. #reasons

And nice shade while joining the wagon. Common scum tactic. At least shade me correctly if you're gonna dish it out.

@Ginngie -- Yeah I am less aggressive due to post count restriction and IRL stuff.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1293 (ISO) » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:00 am

Post by nancy »

Math I'm trying to understand you. If you want to scumread me that's fine but can you please at least try and put that aside when you engage with me? I didn't get the sense you were compromising on your read on me given that you townread me after I responded to you + you realized you had misunderstood me; don't really understand why that changed.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1294 (ISO) » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:12 am

Post by MathBlade »

Why would I put aside a scumread when I talk with someone?

That only gives fake appearances to onlookers.

Having a scumread of someone doesn't hinder conversation. In fact being open and honest about thoughts and potential biases helps.

Simple answer: I pulled a nancy.

I have not once townread you for reals. I thought you were crumbling something and read the crumb so something felt off so I called you obvTown to see what you'd do. Your vote on Titus was opportunistic as fuck. You manipulated me pretty damn well into thinking those were the options. Furthermore targeting Tchill doesn't match it. So if you obvTown (which I don't think you can) then I will treat you as such.

Mainly I am throwing caution to the wind like a child riding a bike for the first time alone.

@Ginngie you're like the big sister I never had this game. <3
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1295 (ISO) » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:14 am

Post by MathBlade »

@nancy you gonna chit chat about Gamma anytime soon? You know the person you are voting?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1296 (ISO) » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:25 am

Post by nancy »

Math I voted Titus because it was the only viable wagon that I thought had a chance of flipping scum; I don't understand why you think that I manipulated you. Gamma isn't back yet.
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1297 (ISO) » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:26 am

Post by Ginngie »

I mean, you can still say stuff about Gamma, you literally didn't say anything about him.

nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1298 (ISO) » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:41 am

Post by nancy »

I'm not really interested in talking more about my read there when I haven't engaged with him in the ways that I want to yet.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1299 (ISO) » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:36 am

Post by MathBlade »

I'm not really interested in stall tactics from someone who says she hasn't interacted with him despite it is day three when we've had multiple lulls.
GTKAS -- MathBlade

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”