Large Normal 206: World Record Mafia! (GAME OVER)

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4175 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:05 am

Post by Nero Cain »

*shrugz* I think it's somewhat possible that you claim vig as sk. I think its a normal thought. I still think it's a little odd that Kid didn't investigate you.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4176 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:06 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Titus is scum so it's not like she'll say anything that makes sense.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4177 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:07 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 4165, Nero Cain wrote:I think anyone saying that I
have
to go is just lazy. I get that I'm un-confirmable and jazz and I guess I could see the paranoia in "OMG Nero is a scum Ascetic" but why? Why am I scum Ascetic over town Ascetic? As of yet, no one has (seriously) answered that. So that's your homework for today while I watch football.

There is a snowball's chance in hell this is less than 5 scum. So we aren't even close to LYLO. So the idea of policy lynching me today seems pointless.

There has been a shitload of town power claimed, while it's likely that one or more is lying you'd think scum would have some power to back it up. So far we've had a scum encryptor and since you guys think I'm scum-a scum Ascetic. Why are you guys so content with lynching a passive pr vs. trying to lynch something alot more harmful?

I'll be back later with a breakdown of my wagon and my others reads.
bruh, lets ignore your alignment for a sec. why would policy lynching you later be better in ANY way? the later in the game the more each lynch matters. earlier is when you policy lynch your millers, your ascetics, your momomans. you aren't a "passive pr", you're neg util, plus if you're scum we have no way of knowing if you're ascetic roleblocker or ascetic strongman or whatever because you can't be touched by prs.
TwoInAMillion
TwoInAMillion
Mafia Scum
TwoInAMillion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4178 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:08 am

Post by TwoInAMillion »

I didn't say there's not chance I'm a sk. There's no way for a vig to prove they are a vig except by investigation and flip. But if I am a vig I am incredibly valuable to the town and to just assume otherwise is anti productive.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4179 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:10 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

[quote="In post 4178, TwoInAMillion"][/quote]
you ready to agree yet?
TwoInAMillion
TwoInAMillion
Mafia Scum
TwoInAMillion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4180 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:11 am

Post by TwoInAMillion »

You ready to trust me yet?
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4181 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:21 am

Post by gerryoat »

i trust you, even if you are SK you know maf could kill you eventually so you need to shoot maf.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4182 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:26 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 4177, Eddie Cane wrote:bruh, lets ignore your alignment for a sec. why would policy lynching you later be better in ANY way? the later in the game the more each lynch matters. earlier is when you policy lynch your millers, your ascetics, your momomans. you aren't a "passive pr", you're neg util, plus if you're scum we have no way of knowing if you're ascetic roleblocker or ascetic strongman or whatever because you can't be touched by prs.
I like how you are selectively "ignoring" me.

You can't really say "ignore your alignment" since that's why my "policy lynch" is dumb. When I asked you earlier if you pushed for policy lynchs on millers/ascetic claims your response didn't seem to indicate so. It was just word salad about your games
WITH
ascetic claims. Based on that alone I think you are scum that's going for an easy lynch.

If you were really worried about me being an ascetic + other power I'm not really getting why you'd ask me if I had any other powers if you weren't gonna believe me anyways.

Ultimately, I'm not seeing a huge difference between a policy lynch on me d3 and a pl on d5. You bring up prs but I mean it's not like town will be targeting me and if the town prs catch scum then I'm POE town anyways. Are you worried that your easy mislynch is slipping away?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4183 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:27 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 4178, TwoInAMillion wrote:I didn't say there's not chance I'm a sk. There's no way for a vig to prove they are a vig except by investigation and flip. But if I am a vig I am incredibly valuable to the town and to just assume otherwise is anti productive.
I mean I agree. No point in lynching you or anything until later.

Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4184 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:41 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 4182, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 4177, Eddie Cane wrote:bruh, lets ignore your alignment for a sec. why would policy lynching you later be better in ANY way? the later in the game the more each lynch matters. earlier is when you policy lynch your millers, your ascetics, your momomans. you aren't a "passive pr", you're neg util, plus if you're scum we have no way of knowing if you're ascetic roleblocker or ascetic strongman or whatever because you can't be touched by prs.
I like how you are selectively "ignoring" me.

You can't really say "ignore your alignment" since that's why my "policy lynch" is dumb. When I asked you earlier if you pushed for policy lynchs on millers/ascetic claims your response didn't seem to indicate so. It was just word salad about your games
WITH
ascetic claims. Based on that alone I think you are scum that's going for an easy lynch.

If you were really worried about me being an ascetic + other power I'm not really getting why you'd ask me if I had any other powers if you weren't gonna believe me anyways.

Ultimately, I'm not seeing a huge difference between a policy lynch on me d3 and a pl on d5. You bring up prs but I mean it's not like town will be targeting me and if the town prs catch scum then I'm POE town anyways. Are you worried that your easy mislynch is slipping away?
ahahahaha

I haven't had an ascetic to deal with on this alt in... ever. That's why I cited similar examples. You flat out refused to go into your meta and show me similar ascetic games. Based on that alone I still think you're an obnoxious moron. You aren't getting out of the lynch though.

I asked if you had other powers because you could've been an ascetic cop. Which is the singular ascetic game I've had on this alt. Hence why I asked. Guess I'm just scum going for an easy lynch.

I don't need to explain grade 2 math to normal people as to why lynching a liability earlier is better than later, but fine, you're special enough I'll do it. :*
Mafia is a game solved by flips. That is why games that don't show flips are bastard.
Mafia need a certain number of town deaths to win the game, mainly achieved by lynches. That is an empirical fact.
So, mafia are significantly closer to winning the game after two town mislynches.
Lynching you now gets us two flips from the night we can use, along with yours, and any pr results. That is a significantly large gain in info that we can use tomorrow (d4)
However, lynching you later still gets that info, and we still have the same number of flips after today, right?
The problem is, we are literally roped into lynching you. It HAS to happen before lylo. Later, if we have a guilty claimed and we get a 1v1 or something like that, we won't necessarily have the lynches to deal with that and you. There's so many scenarios that make lynches more important later on. Earlier is when you deal with things like you. Yknow, d1 scum lynches have a lower town win rate than d1 town lynches. Don't really know why, but they do. That's when you're supposed to deal with millers/ascetics/whatever. Instead, you decided not to claim. Now we are left here. We need to get rid of you sooner, rather than later, and the only logic for an "old, experienced" player playing so self-preserving is that he's scum trying to delay his lynch.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4185 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:42 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 4180, TwoInAMillion wrote:You ready to trust me yet?
Not really. 70/30 town/sk, but if we come back into the day with dead!pr along with the scum kill we pretty much just lost our advantage.
TwoInAMillion
TwoInAMillion
Mafia Scum
TwoInAMillion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4186 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:44 am

Post by TwoInAMillion »

I think I learn more about other players by not leashing myself. I've said the vigpool is likely.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4187 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:50 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

okay,
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4188 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:21 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

i actually didn't remember nero telling ppl not to talk to him so now i have to read his posts
wave's inno being claimed as hard and subsequently being soft is meh
the mulch slot is probably not scum- the replace in particular was really town and the mulch slot was generally pretty good w/ the game wagon. he could be scum bussing but if he didn't enjoy the game that's meh. i guess if titus does scummy things i'd consider lynching it but for now i don't want to touch that slot.
i somewhat liked dave's post.

VOTE: Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4189 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:42 am

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

blank vote? or u got reasoning?
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4190 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:44 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

i already gave my reasoning.
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4191 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:28 am

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

ok
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #4192 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:29 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 4172, TwoInAMillion wrote:dave assuming I'm a sk is kinda scummy.
There is a question mark there for a reason. Explain your target selections.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Mary Saotome
Mary Saotome
Goon
Mary Saotome
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4193 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:40 am

Post by Mary Saotome »

It feels to me that people are voting Nero just to give an excuse to lynch obvious town and I don't like it. Let's vote Flairs pretty sure if we just kill Flairs Mario Wave dave and massive we'd win. (Maybe two but I don't think it'll come to that)
My life is mine! I won't hand it over to anyone!
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4194 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:42 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 4193, Mary Saotome wrote:It feels to me that people are voting Nero just to give an excuse to lynch obvious town and I don't like it. Let's vote Flairs pretty sure if we just kill Flairs Mario Wave dave and massive we'd win. (Maybe two but I don't think it'll come to that)
show me how nero is obvious town
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4195 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:42 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

i'm not in that poe pool of yours and i'm the one strongly advocating nero's lynch so it feels to me that people are defending nero just to give an excuse to not lynch their partner
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4196 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:42 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

wow look i can use general terms in reference to one person too!!
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4197 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:43 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

and anyways, my vote doesn't move from nero this game, so if you don't want a useless town slot you need to lynch him.
Mary Saotome
Mary Saotome
Goon
Mary Saotome
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4198 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:47 am

Post by Mary Saotome »

I don't see a lot of Nero's post that have scum motivation and when he was scumreading me I enjoyed our talk and I understood (at least somewhat) where he was coming from and the fact a wagon is just now starting to kick off after he claimed and people are gonna use the excuse that "it's his claim" is really bad, If this wagon happened before it wouldn't be so bad but it just reeks of opportunistic scum
My life is mine! I won't hand it over to anyone!
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4199 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:49 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

scum motivation: delaying lynch

"lynch me d5 not now"

response?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”