Mini Normal 1946 | Classic Hits | Town Victory!

Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:59 pm

Post by Toranaga »

whymafia, Fykus, Mulch and humaneatingmonkey I'm kind of strong townreading considering how early this is and how good I feel about their slots. I think Maria's 'you're not wrong' is a little scummy but if you ask me why I probably can't explain it in simple terms and it's not worth the hassle really. misère's one read on monkey is a good read but it's the kind of stuff you notice harder with TMI on roles, so I'd say is a little >rand scum, especially if misère is good at being scum. I find Havo's commentary mode post a little scummy and said that already.

I guess this is where I'm at mostly. I like that misère is voting Havo... I hope I'm not spamming too hard, lmk if you want me to participate less than this. Never played a 2 week gameday before...
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:01 pm

Post by Toranaga »

In post 99, MariaR wrote:People have reads already? What the fuck. o_o I got nothing from these blur of 5 pages.
I have a bunch of them lol

I'm feeling a little bad for having such a high pace, just know I'm aware of it and I'm working on it. IDK how to play something so long! should have signed up for something else...
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:02 pm

Post by MariaR »

I place with no RVS and no 2 week gameplay? What are you used too?
Pedit: Honestly no play how you feel comfortable if you like the way you're playing then keep going fuck anyone who says otherwise.
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:04 pm

Post by MariaR »

If you play to others needs you'll come off forced and that really doesn't help anyone. Do you normally play forum games or a java site? having so many townreads early is a bit uh...worrying
~Firebringer
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:05 pm

Post by Toranaga »

thank you Maria :) I'm an old player, back when 2+2 community POG was the best place for mafia. RVS was never a thing, I actually don't know what RVS stands for, I just know it refers to randomly voting people. our games used to have 12 hour day, 12 hour night times...
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:07 pm

Post by Toranaga »

Randomly voting people at d1 SOD. I know what it means, IDK what it stands for. I ate a word there.

and yeah I agree this is very worrying. I'd be scumreading me too I guess...
Fykus
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:08 pm

Post by Fykus »

I thought the same kind of thing but about rob. Then he replaced out.

Mariar go back and read the last few pages and try get some
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:09 pm

Post by MariaR »

In post 104, Toranaga wrote:thank you Maria :) I'm an old player, back when 2+2 community POG was the best place for mafia. RVS was never a thing, I actually don't know what RVS stands for, I just know it refers to randomly voting people. our games used to have 12 hour day, 12 hour night times...
It stands for (R)andom (V)oting (S)tage basically people random vote until people see something they don't like and the vote becomes real and talk happens. Also 12 hour days and nights? The FUCK?????? holy shit lol ok thank you. Can you try to give a sentence on your tr's and sr's for me.
Pedit: I didn't mean worrying as in "wow you're scummy" I meant it in townreading people so easy isn't good at least in my mind because everyone has time to type out posts and plan and where your from that isn't really a thing. I know you just talked about your reads but more detail would be nice.
Pedit 2: I mean I can give you half assed reads if you wished it's not hard to out reads on gut feelings you have but if you ask me "who do you confidently tr" I'd say no one.
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
Fykus
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:21 pm

Post by Fykus »

Dont be discouraged toronaga, the day will unlikely drag on to the deadline. Depending on peoples votes itll probly only be a week
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:52 pm

Post by Toranaga »

In post 107, MariaR wrote:
In post 104, Toranaga wrote:thank you Maria :) I'm an old player, back when 2+2 community POG was the best place for mafia. RVS was never a thing, I actually don't know what RVS stands for, I just know it refers to randomly voting people. our games used to have 12 hour day, 12 hour night times...
It stands for (R)andom (V)oting (S)tage basically people random vote until people see something they don't like and the vote becomes real and talk happens. Also 12 hour days and nights? The FUCK?????? holy shit lol ok thank you. Can you try to give a sentence on your tr's and sr's for me.
Pedit: I didn't mean worrying as in "wow you're scummy" I meant it in townreading people so easy isn't good at least in my mind because everyone has time to type out posts and plan and where your from that isn't really a thing. I know you just talked about your reads but more detail would be nice.
Pedit 2: I mean I can give you half assed reads if you wished it's not hard to out reads on gut feelings you have but if you ask me "who do you confidently tr" I'd say no one.
alright I can expand on my townreads anyway:

Mulch: I enjoy the forthcoming defense of whymafia the way he did it. while the level of confidence in his read may seem excessive/TMIish, I think he actually presented strong reasons and I'm sure I'd be strong defending that slot if I knew it wasn't the type of player who would come up with miller claiming d1 strategy as scum. I find his -nasty- comment on a player townie back in the previous page, and I can't really expand on it without discussing things that shouldn't be discussed. I also like his tone overrall, seems relaxed and flowing well with the thread.

Monkey: this is already 90%ish town in my book (notice =rand is 75% or something). Monkey is strong reading into everything and is coming to the game with an objectively suspicious mindset. I don't think his position on the miller claim is anything to read him or anyone else for, but I do agree with misère his refusal to soften the stance is villagery. I enjoy that he actually clicked and tried reading the games Mulch pasted for him, it shows he is not faking his engagement and is excited to read into the game and solve it. There's some tonal phrasing kinda stuff that's thin, but it's there and it's villagery too.

WhyMafia: I think claiming miller the way he did it makes him miller almost everytime. Other than that, his reaction to pressure is very villagery, as he is showing a mindset of carelessness that people are scumreading him for his claim. He doesn't seem too concerned with convincing people he is miller, which would be an angle he'd probably go for if he planned to claim miller d1 SOD in the first place. His 'don't be lazy, read me for my posting not my claim' is always townie mindset. If I'm wrong about this I'll at least enjoy the fact that this is my first game here :P

I'll expand on Fykus at some other time. It's nothing particularly good so far. Let's call it a tone read for now.

Also I probably like the way you're interacting with me here, so I'm just gonna:

VOTE: Havo
with misère :)
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:53 pm

Post by Toranaga »

and I'd love to read your half assed reads, they sound delicious
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:06 pm

Post by skitter30 »

Yay I'm back :)

@HEM: Do you think WM is scum? Or are you pushing a policy lynch on him? Similarly, do you
actually
want to lynch him today?

@Virtuoso: Was the scum thread open before the game started?

I'm townleaning WM atm. I think immediately claiming negative utility like that is inherently pro-town. Yes, he could always be scum lying to us so that he has an out if he's ever investigated, but I'm not really getting that vibe from him. Like, from and , he's fine with being suspected or tunneled
so long
as people evaluate him beyond his claim and actually try to sort him. He isn't trying to hide behind the claim, but wants people to interact with him
despite
it.

I don't think I'd support a day1 lynch him atm; I want to lynch someone I, like, don't townlean.
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:08 pm

Post by Chip Butty »

WM: probtown for reasons others have stated. Not int in lynching him today. Instaclaiming miller is reasonable play for town.
Monkey: probtow. Concerned a bit with the early train on him.
Mulch: edging town but only just.

Most others neutralish atm.

Getting scum vibes from Maria, mainly because fluff, advice etc but no detailed reads. Yeah it is d1 but a reluctance to go on the record always looks suspicious, esp since she is encouraging others to give rads. So...

VOTE: Maria
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:18 pm

Post by Chip Butty »

Actually, forgot to say Misere also townish. The more i read Toranaga the more he seems slightly scummy, though that's just an impression, can't put my finger on anything yet...
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:17 pm

Post by Toranaga »

I like Chip's posting here in terms of being villagery. I am townreading all the people he is townreading, so he should come around on me pretty soon :P

I love this read from skitter and it's phrased much better than the way I said the same thing before:
Like, from 63 and 66, he's fine with being suspected or tunneled so long as people evaluate him beyond his claim and actually try to sort him. He isn't trying to hide behind the claim, but wants people to interact with him despite it.
that's exactly the vibe!

I do think skitter's post was a little scummy apart from that very nice read.
Misère
Misère
Townie
Misère
Townie
Townie

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:17 am

Post by Misère »

In post 98, Toranaga wrote:
In post 95, Misère wrote:I think humaneatingmonkey is town for taking an unpopular (because wrong, but still) stance w.r.t. WhyMafia's claim, and refusing to soften it under pressure. If he were scum hiding behind policy I would expect him to just say "oh, good point" and back down when everyone disagrees with him.
this is a great read on monkey and I agree with it. this is such a good post I wonder if you got there from a perspective of actually knowing he is town.
I don't know if I dislike this more for the scumread or for the bizarre appeal to my ego. This is not a hard read to get if you actually look at humaneatingmonkey's posts. Overall I don't scumread you though, it's just this one post that bothers me.

Incidentally, can you link to where it is you normally play?

Havo
has just fluffed his way through so far. His is chatter, his is chatter, his is IIoA, and his is parroting the town consensus on WhyMafia. I don't like this slot.

MariaR
is pretty bad too; her ISO consists mostly of excuses for not having reads and expressing surprise that anyone else does. I am pretty sure she has played on this site before, so there is nothing to be surprised about and this comes off disingenuous. There is something especially troublesome about :
In post 107, MariaR wrote:Pedit: I didn't mean worrying as in "wow you're scummy" I meant it in townreading people so easy isn't good at least in my mind because everyone has time to type out posts and plan and where your from that isn't really a thing. I know you just talked about your reads but more detail would be nice.
Maria could not really have meant this in since she didn't know where Toranaga had played previously or what sort of format it was.

skitter30
's replace-in has unfortunately robbed us of the chance to look at Robbnva's progression on WhyMafia. If Robb himself had reversed his position when the town consensus formed, that would be suspicious. Instead he transformed into a different person who has the opposite opinion on WhyMafia, and it's impossible to do anything with that. Frustrating.

As for
WhyMafia
himself, I am comfortable with giving him the benefit of the doubt. I am not comfortable with saying that claiming makes him town. I would like to see him actually offer some analysis of other slots instead of just talking about himself, now that it's obvious he's in no immediate danger of being lynched.
ननु वक्तृविशेष नि:स्पृहा गुणगृह्या वचने विपश्चितः
Havo
Havo
Mafia Scum
Havo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:49 am

Post by Havo »

In post 115, Misère wrote:
Havo
has just fluffed his way through so far. His is chatter, his is chatter, his is IIoA, and his is parroting the town consensus on WhyMafia. I don't like this slot
Yes I have fluffed my way thru so far.

Maybe, just maybe it's because we are literally less than 24 hours into a 14 day Day 1 and I've only made my introductory posts of the game.

Holy cow, there's some serious pushing going on right now.

Nice to see I'm in a game with such good players who can develop serious reads less than 24 hours in. That's quite impressive. This should be a quick and easy town win.
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:53 am

Post by Toranaga »

Misère, I plan on not revealing myself this game but sure, I can link you to a game played on that website anyway (I'm not necessarily in this, just the last game they played there):

https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/59/p ... d-1686742/

I wouldn't be appealing to your ego unless I was a wolf, and I wouldn't be appealing to your ego unless I was trying to buddy you, which I couldn't do while scum reading you in the first place :P I may have considered your thoughts very good because I thought the same things, which is an appeal to my ego more than anyone else's!

I like that you've come to very similar scumreads, and I like your reasons.
Havo
Havo
Mafia Scum
Havo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:01 am

Post by Havo »

This site could be a problem for you then. The name of the game here is patience.
I have no issues with people developing early reads, I'm just not putting a lot of faith in them period.

WM claiming has basically changed the usual dynamic by eliminating the RVS. Which personally was something I liked to evaluate. But I do like the amount of discussion being laid down. The more content the better for me. I have no early reads at this point, nothing I care to bring up. But we're still very early. We have players who have yet to post.
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:02 am

Post by Toranaga »

You guys should probably try a quick game once in a while. I can already see how many of you struggle with early reads. this game had no RVS at all! and look how easily we all got into reading everyone! There's a sign up on POG somewhere for a vanilla+ anyway... :)
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:03 am

Post by Toranaga »

By 'this game' I meant the game on POG. Havo's post came in between.
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Goon
Virtuoso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:04 am

Post by Virtuoso »

In post 111, skitter30 wrote:@Virtuoso: Was the scum thread open before the game started?
Day talk is enabled and so there was an open mafia thread for pregame.
♫ Where words fail, music speaks ♫
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:11 am

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

VOTE: Havo
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:39 am

Post by Chip Butty »

In post 114, Toranaga wrote:I like Chip's posting here in terms of being villagery. I am townreading all the people he is townreading, so he should come around on me pretty soon :P
That does absolutely nothing to make me feel better about your slot. Sorry.5
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Goon
Virtuoso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:43 am

Post by Virtuoso »

And
♫ Where words fail, music speaks ♫

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”