Mini Normal 1946 | Classic Hits | Town Victory!

Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:51 pm

Post by Chip Butty »

In post 264, Toranaga wrote:, and your reads list doesn't look very great and my position on it is probably terrible.
Probably? How could you not be sure?
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:35 pm

Post by Toranaga »

In post 325, Chip Butty wrote:
In post 264, Toranaga wrote:, and your reads list doesn't look very great and my position on it is probably terrible.
I'm self aware enough to know when I'm supposed to be town read harder.
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:35 pm

Post by Chip Butty »

In post 326, Toranaga wrote:
In post 325, Chip Butty wrote:
I'm self aware enough to know when I'm supposed to be town read harder.
Everybody always believes they should be townread harder. It's the 'probably' that caught my eye. It just seems...odd.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:51 pm

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

Okay. I'm gonna catch up now.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:29 am

Post by Thor665 »

I'm still back on Page 7, but I'm already looking at my tabs and figure I should post at least some things so the wall doesn't become too obnoxious.
In post 82, Mulch wrote:
In post 80, Virtuoso wrote:
Robbnva has requested replacement. Searching now.
I hate to say it but I think that in all likelihood a chance of a town win just went up lol
By saying this, are you claiming Robbnva's slot as town?
Why? Like, he literally has no town vibes worth speaking of, and you're cracking a joke that requires him to be town - what's up?
In post 105, Toranaga wrote:Randomly voting people at d1 SOD. I know what it means, IDK what it stands for. I ate a word there.

and yeah I agree this is very worrying. I'd be scumreading me too I guess...
People who actually vote randomly in RVS don't understand RVS.
In post 125, Virtuoso wrote:
VC 1.03

:!:
humaneatingmonkey
(5): WhyMafia, Thor665, Mulch, BlueBloodedToffee, fykus
L-2

Considering my current reads, this tells me to consider lynching Mulch, BBT, or Fykus.
In post 143, WhyMafia wrote:This doesn't seem natural. It makes me think of "WTF I'm caught for BS reasons"
Because...town never react like that?
In post 150, Virtuoso wrote:
VC 1.04

:!:
Havo
(5): Misère, Toranaga, humaneatingmonkey, WhyMafia, Chip Butty
L-2
With my current reads this one makes me want to lynch...no one, which is frustrating because I really like my current reads.
But I'd wager there's one scum in there somewhere voting or voted.
Looking at my weakest reads - Misere or maybe...Havo/Toranaga. But that wagon is very frustrating to look at.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:44 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 154, skitter30 wrote:You seem rather concerned about defending yourself and trying to undermine people's reads on you, and don't seem that interested in looking for scum.

VOTE: Havo

L-1.
I feel better about my reads from that last wagon discussed in my last post now.

Unvote: humaneatingmonkey
Vote: Skitter

In post 160, Havo wrote:"I seem rather concerned about defending my self"

BECAUSE I WAS BEING ACCUSED OF NOT DEFENDING MYSELF!!
I have to say, Havo is owning this defense.
In post 181, MariaR wrote:
In post 173, Fykus wrote:
In post 164, MariaR wrote:Hello? Why do we have Havo at L-1 7 pages in when there clearly softing PR. Get off this wagon the fact it picked up so fast with no counter wagon is red flags all over.
If you think Havo is scum we can come back later. Let's vote the band wagon jumper.

VOTE: Chip
How is chip a wagon jumper but skitter (the one that put havo at l-1is not?

VOTE: skitter
I never said he wasn't I was just picking a wagon I thought I could get going.
But since you're helping
VOTE: Skitter
I don't like the MariaR slot much, and don't like the way this shift happened, but agree the Skitter slot looks bad.
Let's test.

@MariaR - why did Chip look like an easier wagon to get going than one on Skitter to you making you choose it instead of Skitter?
In post 183, Havo wrote:My tone is probably coming off horrible because it's Sarcasm. I honest to God can't believe how people are spitting out reads, serious reads, 18 hours into the game. If anyone wants to post reads fine, have at it, but don't accuse me of being scum just because I haven't posted a facking read list by hour 36.
And the claim's not bullshit.
As a defense for the fast read people.
What makes a read need to come from a post 18 days in as opposed to 18 hours or 18 minutes or 18 seconds? Isn't a read simply someone doing something that you personally get a feel about, or have a history of understanding about?
I've played in quick games with 24 hour days.
I've played live with ten minute days.
I've had good reads in all of them.
I've had bad reads in all of them.
Time seems to be an unconnected element.
So don't knock it.
In post 189, Mulch wrote:That's not why I scumread you, and the claim is bullshit 101. You heavily softed power role, I want you to claim. Now.
Do you scumread Havo for any substantive reasoning *besides* his claim?
Because if no - I fail to see the point of the claim demand.
If yes, describe it and as long as I buy it I'll support the claim.

But there are always people who will soft and derp in early gameplay, and though I dislike it, it's not a valid logic to demand full claims on.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:56 am

Post by Thor665 »

Caught up.

Happy with my vote and stances from above.
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:17 am

Post by MariaR »

I don't you should call it a test if you wanna test me :lol:
I voted chip cause he voted me if stood out plus skit was the Robb spot so I didn't want to at first but if I can get a wagon going by all means
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:34 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 332, MariaR wrote:I don't you should call it a test if you wanna test me :lol:
Yet, somehow I think it will work regardless.
In post 332, MariaR wrote:
I voted chip cause he voted me if stood out
plus skit was the Robb spot so I didn't want to at first but if I can get a wagon going by all means
I bolded part of this - could you rephrase it? Maybe I'm being dense but I actually have no idea what you're saying.
Why did you not want to vote the Robb slot - you townread it for some reason? You clearly were fine voting it later, so what changed?
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:58 am

Post by MariaR »

Chip voted me and it stood out so me being bias felt the want to vote back a bit if I could start a counter wagon
Didn't want to vote Robb slot because the tone felt like town Robb and so did the mod question.
It's the only reason id unvote skit
~Firebringer
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
Sergtacos
Sergtacos
Mafia Scum
Sergtacos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:59 am

Post by Sergtacos »

In post 151, Chip Butty wrote:
In post 149, Havo wrote:
In post 148, Chip Butty wrote:I don't think sarcasm is an adequate defence...sorry...
What's the accusation against me exactly?

That I'm scummy? That I haven't defended my self well enough?
Yeah, those.

Sorry, but someone has to go and there isn't any solid evidence on D1. Not sure there is any value in dragging D1 out to a two week talkfest. We just have to go on people's reactions, and yours have been anything but reassuring.
This is pinging me. Yeah we have to lynch someone and we have 2 weeks to dig out some information. It seems to me you want to rush things.
Sergtacos
Sergtacos
Mafia Scum
Sergtacos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:03 am

Post by Sergtacos »

In post 154, skitter30 wrote:
In post 141, Havo wrote:
In post 140, WhyMafia wrote:Don't like his defense
What's not to like?

The only thing I see that I've actually been accused of is Not Scumhunting.

24 hours into the game. And we've still got a handful of people who has barely posted anything.
The fact that you're 'Not Scumhunting' is precisely the problem.

You have a relatively significant number of posts, but very few of them are advancing the game. Instead, you're fluffposting and using sarcasm to discredit people's reads (, 'nice to see I'm in a game with such good players who can develop serious reads less than 24 hours in').

You seem rather concerned about defending yourself and trying to undermine people's reads on you, and don't seem that interested in looking for scum.

VOTE: Havo

L-1.
This is pinging me as well. Like I mentioned, we have 2 weeks to figure out. I think this and the other argument Chip made is weak. I'm not convinced.
Sergtacos
Sergtacos
Mafia Scum
Sergtacos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:04 am

Post by Sergtacos »

In post 157, Havo wrote:L - 1.

This is where I'd normally say go ahead and lynch me, cause town could do worse.

But this time town could literally NOT do worse.

Lynching me is the worst thing town could do.
PR slip?
Sergtacos
Sergtacos
Mafia Scum
Sergtacos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:06 am

Post by Sergtacos »

In post 164, MariaR wrote:Hello? Why do we have Havo at L-1 7 pages in when there clearly softing PR. Get off this wagon the fact it picked up so fast with no counter wagon is red flags all over.
If you think Havo is scum we can come back later. Let's vote the band wagon jumper.

Finally someone noticed Chip was a band wagon jumper. I was going to through his ISO after catching up.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:13 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 334, MariaR wrote:Chip voted me and it stood out so me being bias felt the want to vote back a bit if I could start a counter wagon
Didn't want to vote Robb slot because the tone felt like town Robb and so did the mod question.
It's the only reason id unvote skit
This kind of curls my toes - why are you voting a town read?
In post 337, Sergtacos wrote:
In post 157, Havo wrote:L - 1.

This is where I'd normally say go ahead and lynch me, cause town could do worse.

But this time town could literally NOT do worse.

Lynching me is the worst thing town could do.
PR slip?
:neutral:
If you think it's a PR slip, why would you point it out?
Havo
Havo
Mafia Scum
Havo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:15 am

Post by Havo »

***** My first Read List *****

I'm heavily Scum reading the guys STILL voting me after I have claimed a town PR.

This action alone, a day and a half into a 14 day 1, is scummier than anything I'm

Being voted for in the first place.
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:16 am

Post by MariaR »

It wasn't a strong townread, Nothing was that early in the game for me.
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
Sergtacos
Sergtacos
Mafia Scum
Sergtacos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:19 am

Post by Sergtacos »

In post 169, humaneatingmonkey wrote: Skitter
"@HEM: Do you think WM is scum? Or are you pushing a policy lynch on him? Similarly, do you actually want to lynch him today?"
Not overwhelmingly. It's a policy lynch, technically. I want him out so we don't have to deal with the slot later, and then analyze based on what happened to the slot later. I think it's because scum would advocate for his survival to the point of LYLO, where it would be too late.
This tone and your statement on Whymafia sounds like whymafia is actually a miller and you're scum. You're back and forth on my reads. I can understand why we should policy lynch him however I do get a sense that whymafia is town because his interaction from all this and this post. This post is giving me scummy vibes. It feels like to me YOU know which is why I won't be surprised if whymafia flips miller so you would get "Credit." that won't work on me.
Sergtacos
Sergtacos
Mafia Scum
Sergtacos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:27 am

Post by Sergtacos »

In post 245, Chip Butty wrote:
In post 237, Sergtacos wrote:
In post 30, humaneatingmonkey wrote:What's your meta-analysis on him from what games, Mulch? Even if scum don't know if there are millers in the game, this can be a scum gambit that has been premeditated. I don't get a town-angle where you would trust that immediately. So you don't think a lynch of WhyMafia is beneficial?
If he flips miller then we waste our day. If he flips scum, then that would be beneficial. How about we analyze and bring in discussions before we actually proceed with this lynch?
I know you won't see this until you finish reading through, but how about next time reading the whole thread first THEN commenting?
Nah, I like doing what I do better lol. sorry
Sergtacos
Sergtacos
Mafia Scum
Sergtacos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:29 am

Post by Sergtacos »

In post 249, Chip Butty wrote:About the Havo soft: If he really is a PR then drawing massive attention to himself by obstinately refusing to provide reads and doing all that complaining was a terrible way to play it. Also the alleged soft was so obvious he might as well have just hardclaimed a big PR. I agree we need to see a fullclaim at this point.
My question is why does Mulch and Chip want a fullclaim from Havo? What if he has an important role? Like jesus, know how scummy that sounds for wanting a fullclaim out of havo and its only the D1, jesus fuck.

Sergtacos
Sergtacos
Mafia Scum
Sergtacos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:32 am

Post by Sergtacos »

In post 268, Mulch wrote:VOTE: havo

Hardclaim or I will tunnel you for the rest of the day
Pinging me scum.
Sergtacos
Sergtacos
Mafia Scum
Sergtacos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:34 am

Post by Sergtacos »

In post 276, Mulch wrote:
In post 274, Havo wrote:So you're completely fine with outing me? No matter what role I could be?
No, once you claim a very important power role and are not cced, most likely I will unvote
Because Mulch doesn't want to look bad for actually lynching an important role.

Lean scum- Monkey
Strong scum- Mulch and Chip
Sergtacos
Sergtacos
Mafia Scum
Sergtacos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:40 am

Post by Sergtacos »

In post 310, Mulch wrote:longer deadlines benefit scum.

And more importantly, I feel like getting Havo to L-1 will elicit a claim from him.
Funny how you want a hard claim from him and not from everyone else? we might as well say fuck it and announce all of our roles.

So far, Whymafia= Miller

Anyone else want to hardclaim?

See how stupid this is? Why are you so demanding for Havo's full claim when there's still 2 weeks ahead of us for D1! Like I would expect a hard claim in D3 and/or D4, maybe D2 depending on the situation but wth.

VOTE: Mulch
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:42 am

Post by Chip Butty »

In post 344, Sergtacos wrote:
In post 249, Chip Butty wrote:About the Havo soft: If he really is a PR then drawing massive attention to himself by obstinately refusing to provide reads and doing all that complaining was a terrible way to play it. Also the alleged soft was so obvious he might as well have just hardclaimed a big PR. I agree we need to see a fullclaim at this point.
My question is why does Mulch and Chip want a fullclaim from Havo? What if he has an important role? Like jesus, know how scummy that sounds for wanting a fullclaim out of havo and its only the D1, jesus fuck.

It's simple. Havo said that lynching him is the worst thing town can do. That is, he is claiming the strongest PR. So he is already going to be a prime target for NK. So there is no greater risk to town if he actually specifies what he is claiming.

Atm he has made it clear he is seeking the protection from lynching that a claim usually affords, while dodging the risk of being cc-ed that comes with a specific claim.

Thus a specific claim has upside for town and no downside. Leaving things as they stand just opens up the possibility of letting scum.havo cruise. Downside for town with no upside.
Sergtacos
Sergtacos
Mafia Scum
Sergtacos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:44 am

Post by Sergtacos »

In post 315, Mulch wrote:I don't think lynching Havo right now is terrible at all

Also, it's true. The longer the deadlines go on the more town tend to get frustrated.

It's also why shorter deadline sites like Mafia Universe have better functioning towns.
IDK if thats true or not but I think longer deadlines benefit town? We have more posts and time to analyze and we get a better conclusion out of it. You sound like you want to rush this lynch, which is a tactic a scum would do. Found scum!

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”