Micro 738: Fountain of Tired Souls [Endgame]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1150 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:26 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Nexus' are more likelier to be scum than town so bar mod meta I don't get why ascetic is more likelier to be scum then nexus?
Impoetic
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: off in space, absentmindedly pouring coffee grounds in the water reservoir.

Post Post #1151 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:28 am

Post by Impoetic »

In post 1148, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Scum probably picked up that Math was a UB but didn't think they would gladiate scum.
Did jaereed claim before or after gladiating?

If you lean towards it being random, why are you telling jaereed that if it's the same target they're confirmed? Clearly they aren't. If choosing who to gladiate to is nightly, randomness could also be nightly. There's no reason to claim random if you're not random and then choose to redirect to LUV. That's too weird. You just don't claim in that case, or you don't target LUV. And why would jaereed think math wasn't gonna gladiate them if they knew math was gladiator?
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1152 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:28 am

Post by JaeReed »

In post 1132, Impoetic wrote:
In post 1124, Impoetic wrote:was targeting math random too? I assumed it was only the recipient of the targeted power that was random. When did the redirect happen?
Can someone please answer me so I can understand these arguments?
Math gladiated me despite me hinting to them to read my ISO so they knew I was basically ascetic (either in a PGO sense or "I'm ascetic enough that my role and LUV being ascetic and both being town doesn't make sense" sense).
I am loud nexus so when they did so they got a message they were redirected to LUV. I don't choose who it's redirecting to, it's random. the redirect happens whenever I'm targeted.
"Jae defends his townreads like a fanatic" - Charloux
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
Impoetic
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: off in space, absentmindedly pouring coffee grounds in the water reservoir.

Post Post #1153 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:28 am

Post by Impoetic »

In post 1143, Impoetic wrote:
@jaereed:
In post 1121, Impoetic wrote:OK jae, to clarify, was the lie I accused you of just me asking you to roleclaim, or was it your alignment? Sorry, I want to be sure.
I really want to see you answer this at this point.
Purple Nurple
Purple Nurple
Mafia Scum
Purple Nurple
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1154 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:29 am

Post by Purple Nurple »

In post 1043, MathBlade wrote:Scum may use factional and individual actions simultaneously. Nowhere here does it refer to a kill. 2 v 7 is the classic nightless noflip well balanced mountainous VT/Goon only game. I find it unlikely Mafia have a kill.
This is wrong on so many levels.
ONE: We aren't just a roleblocker. We are a fucking split jailkeeper, meaning WE ALSO HAVE A DOCTOR. What's the point in being a doctor if there's no kill?
TWO: Jill is Macho.
In post 6, Alisae wrote:
PASSIVE

Protagonist (Parital Public Information): It will be known that you are in the game, and your role pm will be posted, however only your passive abilities will be shown. Your alignment will be redacted.
Smoking Addiction (Macho): Smoking is bad but you do it anyways, so any protection action that is preformed on you will be prevented.
THREE: Okay so scum can use factional abilities in addition to individual abilities--tell me. WHAT THE FUCK IS A FACTIONAL ABILITY. That's right. A nightkill. Literally that's the only universal thing.
Hydra of Eddie Cane and mastina.
Impoetic
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1155 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:31 am

Post by Impoetic »

In post 1152, JaeReed wrote:
In post 1124, Impoetic wrote:was targeting math random too? I assumed it was only the recipient of the targeted power that was random. When did the redirect happen?
Math gladiated me despite me hinting to them to read my ISO so they knew I was basically ascetic (either in a PGO sense or "I'm ascetic enough that my role and LUV being ascetic and both being town doesn't make sense" sense).
I am loud nexus so when they did so they got a message they were redirected to LUV. I don't choose who it's redirecting to, it's random. the redirect happens whenever I'm targeted.
So did the mod inform you it would redirect to LUV at the start of this night? Or were you claiming ascetic because it was a redirect and you thought Math was town at the time and therefore thought it was bad for them to gladiate a random individual?
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1156 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:31 am

Post by JaeReed »

@jaereed:
In post 1121, Impoetic wrote:OK jae, to clarify, was the lie I accused you of just me asking you to roleclaim, or was it your alignment? Sorry, I want to be sure.
The implication was that I'd lie about my claim, yes. The same thing Math and LUV had been pushing up til you entered that was getting under my skin.
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1157 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:34 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 1151, Impoetic wrote:
In post 1148, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Scum probably picked up that Math was a UB but didn't think they would gladiate scum.

If you lean towards it being random, why are you telling jaereed that if it's the same target they're confirmed? Clearly they aren't. If choosing who to gladiate to is nightly, randomness could also be nightly. There's no reason to claim random if you're not random and then choose to redirect to LUV. That's too weird. You just don't claim in that case, or you don't target LUV. And why would jaereed think math wasn't gonna gladiate them if they knew math was gladiator?
After.

They aren't but I think its a gambit scum Jae would make here to frustrate Math and cause confusion. A confused and frustrated Math could run the timer down all by themselves and prevent town from securing a lynch.

They probably were banking on Math's town play which is known to tunnel town more than not.
Impoetic
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1158 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:34 am

Post by Impoetic »

also i've seen like 3 abilities that sort of imply a nightkill, and factional abilities are usually nightkills. There's not much else that would be useful to scum, and if they don't have a nightkill then town has a lot of PRs that are investigative and we have a lot of mislynches iirc
Impoetic
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1159 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:35 am

Post by Impoetic »

In post 1156, JaeReed wrote:
@jaereed:
The implication was that I'd lie about my claim, yes. The same thing Math and LUV had been pushing up til you entered that was getting under my skin.
OK so you wouldn't lie about your roleclaim even if you were scum? That part's correct?
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1160 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:36 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Flavour is the only thing I can think of that would explain roles contradicting Math's argument.
Impoetic
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1161 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:36 am

Post by Impoetic »

I ask these things but I am serious about being confident jaereed's town. If they were scum I would be genuinely shocked.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1162 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:37 am

Post by JaeReed »

In post 1153, Impoetic wrote:
@jaereed:
I really want to see you answer this at this point.
I read things in order for the most part as I respond so my responses will be in order. Fair warning I'm now pushing it on whether I'll be late for work so I'm leaving soon. I defer everything to you and mastina, she'd know how my role works and my answers to the questions at this stage since it feels like she's one of the few people actually giving half a damn to read my posts alongside nahdia, so if there's anything you don't know ask her.
Impoetic
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1163 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:39 am

Post by Impoetic »

sorry i thought i saw you answering a couple posts after i quoted it the first time and it started to scare me. I'm sorry for not knowing you well enough to be quicker on the uptake. I'll go and try to start catching up now
Impoetic
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1164 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:40 am

Post by Impoetic »

I am trying to read your posts FTR, it's just that there are a lot of posts and i can't even keep up with what's being posted now + there was a lot of stuff I missed and I was clicking around rather than reading things in order so i could understand what was going on at that moment
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1165 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:40 am

Post by JaeReed »

In post 1155, Impoetic wrote:
In post 1152, JaeReed wrote:
So did the mod inform you it would redirect to LUV at the start of this night? Or were you claiming ascetic because it was a redirect and you thought Math was town at the time and therefore thought it was bad for them to gladiate a random individual?
Mod doesn't inform me who I'm redirecting to, no. I don't even know if I've been targeted, just the other person knows and gets the message on who they were redirected to.
I claimed ascetic way earlier. :/ Like back when talking about LUV's ascetic and thinking on roles and when I was in the back and forth with gerry about his target to cop. I pointed Math there on the chance they were town. I think it's bad to gladiate a random person regardless. I think gladiator is a shit role because it messes with town's ability to do what they need to do.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1166 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:41 am

Post by JaeReed »

In post 1157, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
In post 1151, Impoetic wrote:

After.

They aren't but I think its a gambit scum Jae would make here to frustrate Math and cause confusion. A confused and frustrated Math could run the timer down all by themselves and prevent town from securing a lynch.

They probably were banking on Math's town play which is known to tunnel town more than not.
No.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1167 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:44 am

Post by JaeReed »

In post 1159, Impoetic wrote:
In post 1156, JaeReed wrote:
@jaereed:
OK so you wouldn't lie about your roleclaim even if you were scum? That part's correct?
I claimed doc as scum doc so yeah. My role is true regardless of alignment. The way my role works is true regardless of alignment.
If I could claim targets that becomes iffy because I would say I targeted x when really it was y, but I wouldn't lie about not being able to choose a target. there's literally no point to that kind of lie so it becomes a lie for the sake of lying.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1168 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:44 am

Post by JaeReed »

In post 1160, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Flavour is the only thing I can think of that would explain roles contradicting Math's argument.
ftr there's another reason to not bother to flavour claim and it peeves me off that no one sees this.
scum would have fake flavour claims that match well enough.
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1169 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:45 am

Post by gerryoat »

Why does everyone ignore me lol
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1170 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:46 am

Post by JaeReed »

In post 1163, Impoetic wrote:sorry i thought i saw you answering a couple posts after i quoted it the first time and it started to scare me. I'm sorry for not knowing you well enough to be quicker on the uptake. I'll go and try to start catching up now
I missed it the first time but I responded the 2nd time you quoted <3
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1171 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:46 am

Post by JaeReed »

Actually can someone explain why von art delay would be ascetic?
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1172 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:47 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 1169, gerryoat wrote:Why does everyone ignore me lol
Not ignoring

Just don't know what's the plan now lol
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1173 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:47 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Think we just wait for Math and see if they gladiate or not.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1174 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:48 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

So in about 6 hours.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”