Mini Normal 1946 | Classic Hits | Town Victory!

Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Goon
Virtuoso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:17 am

Post by Virtuoso »

VC 1.13

Lynching

:!:
skitter30
(5): Fykus, MariaR, Thor665, Toranaga, BlueBloodedToffee
L-2

Havo
(1): humaneatingmonkey
Sergtacos
(1): Mulch
MariaR
(1): WhyMafia
Toranaga
(1): skitter30
BlueBloodedToffee
(2): Chip Butty, Sergtacos

Not Voting
(2): Havo, Misère

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch

The day 1 deadline is in
: (expired on 2017-09-24 15:12:59)

Mod Notes
: Keep it fun.
♫ Where words fail, music speaks ♫
WhyMafia
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:31 am

Post by WhyMafia »

I oppose a skitter lynch
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:39 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

Shall we lynch you instead?
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:45 am

Post by skitter30 »

@Tor:

I'm still having trouble with your interactions with misere. You like their reads enough that you made it a point to vote with them (), but also think they may be scum because of their reads (, , ). This doesn't make much sense to me.

@Thor:
In post 626, Thor665 wrote:That Chip otherwise looks townish even if he's pushing bad logic, also he doubled down on the bad logic while you sat back and let other people push the agenda while keeping your hands clean.
I like Chip more after talking with him last night, specifically because of . I disagree with his many of his reads, but I understand where he's coming from when making them. I also don't think scum would admit to scumreading someone literally because they found them annoying lol.

I think my earlier dislike of him came from a fundamental difference in how we treat early-game PR softs/claims. I strongly believe that a claimed PR should never be the lynch day 1; if they don't get themselves killed, we can usually figure out if they're lying with a couple of days of results. On my homesite, pushing for the lynch of a claimed PR early game is a fairly reliable scumtell, but I think site meta is different here.

Where/how did I let other push agenda while keeping my hands clean?

@BBT:

Ffs, you're literally voting me because I'm the biggest wagon :facepalm:
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:47 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 652, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Shall we lynch you instead?
If you're literally voting me because I'm the biggest wagon, why are you proposing a WM lynch when he doesn't have any votes on him atm? *You're* the second biggest wagon.
WhyMafia
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:49 am

Post by WhyMafia »

Blue is an excellent vig/cop
He's either an obnoxious town troll or a scum who hopes to be too trolly to not be lynched
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:52 am

Post by skitter30 »

Yeah, I agree with you. I was just pointing out how ridiculous that proposal was under his own logic.
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:56 am

Post by Chip Butty »

Nobody on the skitter bw is higher than neutral in my Rangerlist.
Havo
Havo
Mafia Scum
Havo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:14 pm

Post by Havo »

In post 655, WhyMafia wrote:Blue is an excellent vig/cop
He's either an obnoxious town troll or a scum who hopes to be too trolly to not be lynched
Well the last game I was in BBT was town Vig and he won the Scum MVP trophy by destroying town with his Very Anti town play.
Havo
Havo
Mafia Scum
Havo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:15 pm

Post by Havo »

In post 654, skitter30 wrote:
In post 652, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Shall we lynch you instead?
If you're literally voting me because I'm the biggest wagon, why are you proposing a WM lynch when he doesn't have any votes on him atm? *You're* the second biggest wagon.
This is what he does.
Havo
Havo
Mafia Scum
Havo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:15 pm

Post by Havo »

VOTE: BBT
Havo
Havo
Mafia Scum
Havo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:17 pm

Post by Havo »

In post 651, WhyMafia wrote:I oppose a skitter lynch
Care to elaborate?
Havo
Havo
Mafia Scum
Havo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:18 pm

Post by Havo »

Is the Monkey still seriously voting me?

LMAO.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:48 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 651, WhyMafia wrote:I oppose a skitter lynch
For any specific reason(s)?
In post 653, skitter30 wrote:@Thor:
In post 626, Thor665 wrote:That Chip otherwise looks townish even if he's pushing bad logic, also he doubled down on the bad logic while you sat back and let other people push the agenda while keeping your hands clean.
I like Chip more after talking with him last night, specifically because of . I disagree with his many of his reads, but I understand where he's coming from when making them. I also don't think scum would admit to scumreading someone literally because they found them annoying lol.

I think my earlier dislike of him came from a fundamental difference in how we treat early-game PR softs/claims. I strongly believe that a claimed PR should never be the lynch day 1; if they don't get themselves killed, we can usually figure out if they're lying with a couple of days of results. On my homesite, pushing for the lynch of a claimed PR early game is a fairly reliable scumtell, but I think site meta is different here.
That is an impressive amount of defense to me saying I don't scumread him after you asked me why I didn't scumread him yet scumread you.
In post 653, skitter30 wrote:Where/how did I let other push agenda while keeping my hands clean?
Since I literally brought that up in the post you're quoting, and did so specifically as regards the push on Havo - let's go with the wild and crazy notion that I think you did it in the push on Havo.
Why are we playing empty twenty questions?
Am I being that confusing and unclear all of a sudden?
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:09 pm

Post by Mulch »

In post 626, Thor665 wrote:The Skitter case is the post Mulch pointed out paired with the wagon on Havo being filled with and on slots I otherwise townread more. Seriously, you think 0 scum voted in that one? *especially* if Havo is town but even if he's scum? Nah.
This is atrocious
Amrock#3784
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:10 pm

Post by Mulch »

In post 626, Thor665 wrote:also he doubled down on the bad logic while you sat back and let other people push the agenda while keeping your hands clean.
What do you mean by this?
Amrock#3784
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:14 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 664, Mulch wrote:
In post 626, Thor665 wrote:The Skitter case is the post Mulch pointed out paired with the wagon on Havo being filled with and on slots I otherwise townread more. Seriously, you think 0 scum voted in that one? *especially* if Havo is town but even if he's scum? Nah.
This is atrocious
Doesn't stop it from being true just because you think it sounds ugly.
It holds true in basically every game, every lynch, ever. The bell curve has scum on wagons.
In post 665, Mulch wrote:
In post 626, Thor665 wrote:also he doubled down on the bad logic while you sat back and let other people push the agenda while keeping your hands clean.
What do you mean by this?
I mean what I said - Skitter supported the wagon but didn't do any pushing of it.
Does that make sense?

Also, as long as you're noticing me, I'd still love you to field my question about your joke when Robb replaced out, that required him to be town to make sense.
What was up with that?
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:17 pm

Post by Mulch »

I have a strong suspicion that Miseré is trying to pocket me because they are coming in with my exact reads and heavily praising my game. And some of the thoughts are shallow, like liking my analysis. It's easy to say I have good analysis with a big post but if they were going to lock me town on this I would have expected to see examples. It's a big claim to make at that stage in the game. What's also weird is that it's sort of like they "decided" I was town on that and then immediately began glorifying all my other posts in that set of pages.

I feel like there is a decent chance this is scum with TMI. I also notice that a lot of their posts have pretty obvious thoughts, like pointing out fluff or agreeing with posts people make, and it dosen't really show an effort to analyze or solve. Lot's of "observations", objective facts, and mindmelds.
Amrock#3784
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:18 pm

Post by Mulch »

In post 666, Thor665 wrote:Doesn't stop it from being true just because you think it sounds ugly.
It holds true in basically every game, every lynch, ever. The bell curve has scum on wagons.
That's just false. The only reason your slightly correct in this is because on a
in a six person sample in general
I
think
due to probability there is likely one scum? But the fact it was "easy" or on Havo or early or w/e has nothing to do with this.
Amrock#3784
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:20 pm

Post by Mulch »

In post 666, Thor665 wrote:Skitter supported the wagon but didn't do any pushing of it.
Does that make sense?
No, it dosen't. Skitter pushed it to L-1, taking all of the heat and responsbility for taking one of the biggest steps to the lynch.
Amrock#3784
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:21 pm

Post by Mulch »

In post 666, Thor665 wrote:Also, as long as you're noticing me, I'd still love you to field my question about your joke when Robb replaced out, that required him to be town to make sense.
What was up with that?
It was simply because there is a high chance he was a villager, mate. Based on the fact that there are more town than scum...
Amrock#3784
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:29 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 668, Mulch wrote:
In post 666, Thor665 wrote:Doesn't stop it from being true just because you think it sounds ugly.
That's just false. The only reason your slightly correct in this is because on a
in a six person sample in general
I
think
due to probability there is likely one scum?
But the fact it was "easy" or on Havo or early or w/e has nothing to do with this
I bolded the part you're "disagreeing" with me on and would note that I agree with it.
In fact I never suggested any of those things had anything to do with scum being on the wagon or not.
So...what is your issue with what I said?
In post 669, Mulch wrote:No, it dosen't. Skitter pushed it to L-1, taking all of the heat and responsbility for taking one of the biggest steps to the lynch.
:neutral:
If you say so.
I didn't notice anyone besides me taking issue with the L-1, but maybe I missed all the attention he got.[/sarcasm]
In post 670, Mulch wrote:It was simply because there is a high chance he was a villager, mate. Based on the fact that there are more town than scum...
So...you didn't have an opinion on him being town/scum but made a joke based on his alignment 'just because'?
That feels unlikely to me, I don't think I'd make that joke.
Have you done this sort of thing before?
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:30 pm

Post by Mulch »

I really like Skitter's recent posts. They came into the game and started scumreading people that hadn't voted them yet or were not voting them, which would mean that if they are scum they are taking the risk of them voting them for a bullshit read. It was daring and showed a lack of caring about how they are perceived. I think the fact they had the awareness to point out Tort scumreading Misere after previously calling them town showed they were really trying to analyze the gamestate (and I still need an explanation for that). Their aggresive and confident and not overly defesive to anyone except Thor which I can understand cause they're tunneling them conf-bias style based on one post. I could follow their reasoning on all of their points although not particularly in depth, and especially liked how they were scumreading the putting Havo into a team after the unvote (something I completely missed). I also like their tone.

I don't want to lynch Skitter today. I think there is a decent chance that wolves are jumping on town!thor confbiasing them, specifically MariaR who really bothered me by just making a post about catching up but still is just floating by letting their non-extremely serious vote on Skitter stand. I've found that people who leave votes on for extended periods of time have a higher chance of being wolf in general.
Amrock#3784
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:32 pm

Post by Mulch »

In post 671, Thor665 wrote:I bolded the part you're "disagreeing" with me on and would note that I agree with it.
In fact I never suggested any of those things had anything to do with scum being on the wagon or not.
So...what is your issue with what I said?
The issue is that your trying to say their had to be scum on Havo's wagon, which is bad. It's pinging me in the sense that your trying to overjustify it instead of just saying, here let's take a random 6 players and someone has to be in it, your trying to make it seem like there have to be scum in the Havo wagon in particular, which is just false and slightly scummy
Amrock#3784
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:34 pm

Post by Mulch »

In post 671, Thor665 wrote:So...you didn't have an opinion on him being town/scum but made a joke based on his alignment 'just because'?
That feels unlikely to me, I don't think I'd make that joke.
Have you done this sort of thing before?
Robb was already getting into his tunnely mode, it was a harmless joke, stop pressing on this or your getting into scummy territory.

People who push perspective slips>>>>> wolf than people who "do" "perspective" slips
Amrock#3784

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”