mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #3650 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:37 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 3647, Sakura Hana wrote:To my surprise not only did he survive, but also i was given the BP Vest, with that then i increased my activity as there was no need for me to be worried about a NK anymore.
:facepalm:

well "who got the BP vest" completely didn't need to be shared with the class, so that's fun :lol:

@Reg: why did you give Sakura the BP? That seems like a fairly non-obvious action, VERY curious what the gain there was in your mind
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #3651 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:38 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 3648, mhsmith0 wrote:
In post 3646, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:You wanna talk +/- EV? It is directly -EV to lynch me when we still have 2+ mislynches to work with.
I'm presuming we only have 1 more mislynch to afford, barring us getting fairly lucky and getting a BP save (which probably depends in substantial part on whether scum received the BP or the ability to give out the BP - if either of those happened, obviously that's never gonna help us out), so yeah I'm kinda thinking it's basically crunch time here.

Of course, I have no real idea of what the mods like for town power, so at any rate seeing the mass claim results at least MAY be helpful in terms of sorting out what exactly we have to work with here.
ok, but, think about the inverse situation.

You lynch me today, doing the scum's dirty work for them, I flip town and tonight, you probably die for being confirmed town.

Now what happens? Do you think town wins the game from that scenario, or does Regfan steamroll everyone?
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #3652 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:39 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

Like, taking exactly 10 seconds to think about it...
In post 987, morph the cat wrote:baku and munna (9): Regfan, Brian Skies, NoticeMeSenpai, drealmerz7, Cephrir, hiplop, MariaR, Sakura Hana, Varsoon
For starters, why didn't you send a BP to Brian or NMS, who were early on the baku wagon with you? A townie who can self-clear via day posting and live a long time is super valuable, so why did you think that Sakura was the optimal recipient there?
Show
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #3653 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:39 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 3651, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 3648, mhsmith0 wrote:
In post 3646, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:You wanna talk +/- EV? It is directly -EV to lynch me when we still have 2+ mislynches to work with.
I'm presuming we only have 1 more mislynch to afford, barring us getting fairly lucky and getting a BP save (which probably depends in substantial part on whether scum received the BP or the ability to give out the BP - if either of those happened, obviously that's never gonna help us out), so yeah I'm kinda thinking it's basically crunch time here.

Of course, I have no real idea of what the mods like for town power, so at any rate seeing the mass claim results at least MAY be helpful in terms of sorting out what exactly we have to work with here.
ok, but, think about the inverse situation.

You lynch me today, doing the scum's dirty work for them, I flip town and tonight, you probably die for being confirmed town.

Now what happens? Do you think town wins the game from that scenario, or does Regfan steamroll everyone?
I am thinking on it, part of why I don't have a vote down rn.
Show
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #3654 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:40 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 3650, mhsmith0 wrote:well "who got the BP vest" completely didn't need to be shared with the class, so that's fun
Yeah your post right after i was like "ooops?"
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3655 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:41 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

Anyway, that's my info regarding regfan and why i strongly townread him, also why it was fairly obvious i cant be scum with him town. There was literally no reason to target me if he was scum, he could've targeted a buddy instead.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #3656 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:41 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 3655, Sakura Hana wrote:Anyway, that's my info regarding regfan and why i strongly townread him, also why it was fairly obvious i cant be scum with him town. There was literally no reason to target me if he was scum, he could've targeted a buddy instead.
Why was reg town for giving you the vest?
Show
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #3657 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:43 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

^I mean, uh, pocketing is a thing, and if scum figured that town wasn't going to get vig shots (or at most like maybe 1?) then there's pretty limited utility to giving it to a buddy. As scum, in most cases you're probably best off giving it to a townie who you don't think is going to threaten you (and/or who you think can buy off town cred), and just making sure you never shoot there.
Show
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #3658 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:44 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

Also as part of mass claim everyone's gonna claim dream receptive or not.
Show
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3659 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:44 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 3656, mhsmith0 wrote:
In post 3655, Sakura Hana wrote:Anyway, that's my info regarding regfan and why i strongly townread him, also why it was fairly obvious i cant be scum with him town. There was literally no reason to target me if he was scum, he could've targeted a buddy instead.
Why was reg town for giving you the vest?
From my PoV it at first came out of nowhere, but why would he not have given the vest to a buddy instead, that seems kind of anti-scum no? There was no way he could've thought a townie had targeted him for him to get the BP vest giving ability, so he literally didnt need to fake a towny way of using that ability.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3660 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:46 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 3657, mhsmith0 wrote:^I mean, uh, pocketing is a thing, and if scum figured that town wasn't going to get vig shots (or at most like maybe 1?) then there's pretty limited utility to giving it to a buddy. As scum, in most cases you're probably best off giving it to a townie who you don't think is going to threaten you (and/or who you think can buy off town cred), and just making sure you never shoot there.
IF he is scum, then scum knows i have the BP, so me revealing that fact was in the best interest to do anyway as scum would never shoot me.
But as I said if he's scum that was his mistake, and only since yesterday i've starting doubting my TR there, because im self aware, that buddying is a weakness of mine, and he's not only done that but he's also hard defended me all game, me not soaking a bullet nor him dying last night may also have contributed.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
hebichan
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her/Hisss

Post Post #3661 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:46 pm

Post by hebichan »

We have 3 mafia left most likely, 10 players alive.

If we assume that LLD is telling the truth about smith and I being town regardless of her alignment, we have a 3/8 change of hitting scum most likely.

Aka, I think we have a pretty good chance of hitting that today.

Out of all the possible scum team members I think Reg and LLD being left as scum would be the scariest, and getting either one away from scum (if they are scum) would make scum weaker.

So, unless someone brings something pretty damning, I think my lynch pool is at least heavily focused on those two.
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #3662 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:48 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 3657, mhsmith0 wrote:^I mean, uh, pocketing is a thing, and if scum figured that town wasn't going to get vig shots (or at most like maybe 1?) then there's pretty limited utility to giving it to a buddy. As scum, in most cases you're probably best off giving it to a townie who you don't think is going to threaten you (and/or who you think can buy off town cred), and just making sure you never shoot there.
I mean, this is probably gonna be jerkish of me, but reg giving you the vest instead of targeting whoever he thought was the #1 strongest townie (combination of rep, play this game, and how sure he was of target being town) is kinda
as a reaction. REALLY want to know what reg was going for there and why.

Like, I don't think you're bad and dont want to imply that, but I don't understand why town!him isn't giving the vest to generically high-reputation slots like Imperium, NMS (Jae head is a paragon nom this year), Brian (idk what reg thinks of brian as a player? and if he was lock town on him n1?), nancy/prism hydra (iirc they're supposed to have a decent rep? and they seemed like a generically plausible kill there?), hip (IIRC he has a good rep? could be wrong?), etc
Show
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #3663 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:49 pm

In post 3661, hebichan wrote:We have 3 mafia left most likely, 10 players alive.

If we assume that LLD is telling the truth about smith and I being town regardless of her alignment, we have a 3/8 change of hitting scum most likely.

Out of all the possible scum team members I think Reg and LLD being left as scum would be the scariest, and getting either one away from scum (if they are scum) would make scum weaker.

So, unless someone brings something pretty damning, I think my lynch pool is at least heavily focused on those two.
You also lose the game if you lynch incorrectly there.

The plan is to lynch scum from the remaining pool and have me target Regfan with my ability tonight. That will solve both of us, one way or another.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
hebichan
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3664 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:51 pm

Post by hebichan »

In post 3663, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 3661, hebichan wrote:We have 3 mafia left most likely, 10 players alive.

The plan is to lynch scum from the remaining pool and have me target Regfan with my ability tonight. That will solve both of us, one way or another.
Except if you're lying about your role, it won't and you can say "Oh hey, Reg was town, I was wrong."
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3665 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:51 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

Oh also we now knowing that Regfan has no BP could prevent any sort of "Oh i was shot but i had BP" situations for him to get out of a hider guilty.
That being said if LLD's gonna target Regfan 100% tonight then that kills 2 birds with one stone, either LLD dies, or both die (or scum kills elsewhere for some weird reason). Scum literally has all the incentive to shoot Regfan tonight if Regfan and LLD are both town now.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3666 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:53 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 3662, mhsmith0 wrote:Like, I don't think you're bad and dont want to imply that
Yeah now that you mention it.
At that point i was still playing very low radar due to not wanting to get shot or ML'd as that would leave dreams literally at RNG mercy.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #3667 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:53 pm

In post 3664, hebichan wrote:
In post 3663, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:

Except if you're lying about your role, it won't and you can say "Oh hey, Reg was town, I was wrong."
and if we're both alive tomorrow, we have this conversation.

But right now it makes no sense to do what you're suggesting.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3668 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:53 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

Wait if smith is town does that mean we're gonna lose the game?
</joke>
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
hebichan
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3669 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:55 pm

Post by hebichan »

In post 3668, Sakura Hana wrote:Wait if smith is town does that mean we're gonna lose the game?
</joke>
Smith is town, LLD is lying regardless of alignment.
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3670 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:57 pm

Post by TheWayItEnds »

In post 3621, drealmerz7 wrote:
In post 3618, TheWayItEnds wrote:
In post 3614, drealmerz7 wrote:ugh, please read, it's been like 12 short posts
i did read the posts.

but since they were stupid im pointedly ignoring them.

thanks for your concern.
ok then I'm not sure I get where your "what's going on" post is coming from

we're playing mafia

we're trying to find scum

some of us are displeased at LLD's play to a high degree

I'm inclined to agree that we could just lynch maria today and let LLD have 1 more Day

what do you think about the gamestate? what's going on with you?
oh well the deal with that was originally the post ended "or are we all gonna sit around and ask really stupid questions instead."

and then i realized that everyone was already doing that so i deleted it and put or whats going on.

but whats going on really meant

can you all stop being stupid.
As the last rays of sunlight fade, one killer chases another through the tangled madness of the city.
A flash of steel announces the presence of his quarry.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3671 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:57 pm

Post by TheWayItEnds »

sorry for any confusion.
As the last rays of sunlight fade, one killer chases another through the tangled madness of the city.
A flash of steel announces the presence of his quarry.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #3672 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:58 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 3669, hebichan wrote:
In post 3668, Sakura Hana wrote:Wait if smith is town does that mean we're gonna lose the game?
</joke>
:?:
Show
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #3673 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:58 pm

In post 3672, mhsmith0 wrote:
</joke>
Yeah I've got a big ass fucking ????? for that statement too

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
hebichan
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3674 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:59 pm

Post by hebichan »

In post 3673, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 3672, mhsmith0 wrote:
</joke>
Yeah I've got a big ass fucking ????? for that statement too

Uhh sorry, that was supposed to be not lying

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”