skirt skirt
skirt skirt
Mafia Scum
skirt skirt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #316 (isolation #0) » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:04 pm

Post by skirt skirt »

In post 315, RadiantCowbells wrote:Unabombah could go under Rising Star.

I don't think that they're paragon level.
agreed, rising star but not paragon
skirt skirt
skirt skirt
Mafia Scum
skirt skirt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (isolation #1) » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:16 am

Post by skirt skirt »

not just about having good reads but being able to do something with it

thirded
skirt skirt
skirt skirt
Mafia Scum
skirt skirt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (isolation #2) » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:49 pm

Post by skirt skirt »

Didn't someone say 1 game can earn you paragon anyways if it's that deserving? I thought we had a discussion on this a while ago
skirt skirt
skirt skirt
Mafia Scum
skirt skirt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (isolation #3) » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:01 pm

Post by skirt skirt »

i would support her for rising star, better than the other noms i've seen for it

think you're overblowing with paragon, having been in a couple of her games, think she's definitely a good addition to the site and a good new player but i personally wouldn't ever say her play in my games with her was "outstanding" but hey, good luck if you do stick to that over rising star. no reason she can't be nommed for both either.
skirt skirt
skirt skirt
Mafia Scum
skirt skirt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #363 (isolation #4) » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:11 pm

Post by skirt skirt »

In post 360, RadiantCowbells wrote:
In post 358, skirt skirt wrote:i would support her for rising star, better than the other noms i've seen for it

think you're overblowing with paragon, having been in a couple of her games, think she's definitely a good addition to the site and a good new player but i personally wouldn't ever say her play in my games with her was "outstanding" but hey, good luck if you do stick to that over rising star. no reason she can't be nommed for both either.
Her completed game history of the year as town includes four games of which two of them were absolutely spectacular, one was better than great, and one was a loss but she was still one of town's best players.

I would understand why people would be slow to nom her for paragon because her play doesn't look like what one would imagine the paragon as but she's extremely near the top in terms of reads and night actions and generally gets her scumreads lynched while avoiding being lynched herself and that's what a paragon is supposed to be. I think going off of an admittedly small four game body of work she deserves the win more than anyone currently nominated so I will absolutely nominate her off of that regardless of the fact that she doesn't play like Eliberetta, or Spiffeh, or most of the other paragon winners who try to be town leader directly do.

Newbie 1813 where she successfully predicted several scum nightkills, caught scum and won the game for town despite a no lynch.

Ari's Game where she helped lynch scum day 1 and successfully PRed scum N1 for the win.

Just Mafia where she hard led on scum D1 and got a perfect town win in the process.

Vanilluxe Mafia where she lost but generally played well and helped catch one scum.
I mean, I've specced a couple of her games and it looked reasonably good, but Vanilluxe (the one I was in) I wasn't overly impressed which is why I don't really feel paragon. I had her pretty pocketed (Frogger and I were the two most townread players by a significant margin going into d2) and we leveraged that along with our personality differences into bussing me and letting Frogger literally coast to a win. viewtopic.php?p=8926331#p8926331 didn't change until we wanted it to. GL was the only chance town really had, not Sobolev who was just another one of the hard pocketed townies. She didn't play any worse than the other players (all of which had far more experience than her) but she didn't play better either. Like, at no point did we think "ugh, sobolev is gonna be an issue", moreso in the mislynch pile. I remember most of my completed games almost perfectly because I study them to see where I could have improved. She was no worse than those other more experienced players, and she did better in the other games you linked, but as Alisae said the players there were mostly meh and that's why I see her more as rising star than paragon.

Are we actually supposed to be discussing/debating the noms or do people just do it? lol
skirt skirt
skirt skirt
Mafia Scum
skirt skirt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #368 (isolation #5) » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:29 pm

Post by skirt skirt »

In post 365, RadiantCowbells wrote:You both had extremely strong games there in general. Should everyone who has been crushed by me as town be automatically excluded from consideration because they weren't a threat to me?
She was no worse than those other more experienced players, and she did better in the other games you linked, but as Alisae said the players there were mostly meh and that's why I see her more as rising star than paragon.
I think this works the opposite way that you think it does.
I mean, yeah, no points against her when 6 far more experienced players didn't catch us either. As a rising star, she has a good record and is consistently good. The town players being meh would be points in her favour for sure, but the scum being even meh-er takes that away.

Dunno, when I envision paragon one of my completely subjective requirements is a person I, as scum, consider a threat from pregame purely as a player. Eli/you/alisae are good examples. Sobolev isn't. That clearly means nothing, but its why I don't see it. I'll probably nom her for rising star later if nobody does though.
skirt skirt
skirt skirt
Mafia Scum
skirt skirt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #464 (isolation #6) » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:09 pm

Post by skirt skirt »

In post 403, Assemblerotws wrote:There is finally a nomination for Hannibal Lecter. I chose Mary Saotome from Large Normal 206, who managed to completely hide that there even was a third party despite the same evidence that caught a mafia member saying that there were no more Mafia left.
if there's no other noms this wins by default and i dont really care because maria is a good enough player but that was not impressive play by any measure. they got extremely lucky with kills and won because of it. and, a mafia member saying there's no members left isn't evidence lmfao what
skirt skirt
skirt skirt
Mafia Scum
skirt skirt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #541 (isolation #7) » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:10 am

Post by skirt skirt »

In post 493, Mulch wrote:Mary played an exceptional game and it’s a crime if they don’t win the serial killer award

All 3p wins rely on some luck so fuck those salty town members who don’t want them winning

They played all their cards right and escaped suspicion the entire game

One of the best scum performances I’ve seen this entire year on mafiascum
bullshit
skirt skirt
skirt skirt
Mafia Scum
skirt skirt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #544 (isolation #8) » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:19 am

Post by skirt skirt »

mary was mass suspected. cool, whatever. she won purely off the luck of her kills failing n1-n3 - if a single night had double kills we wouslve known there was an sk. then, after the final scum lynch, it was a 50/50 between investigating and vigging her so even after her incredible luck with kills she almost lost and it was of no consequence of her play thst she won. moreso, a bad setup, lucky as fuck with actions, and that wasn't even one of the better games I've seen maria play as any alignment, she lurked and wss useless the whole game and won on luck while not influencing town at all. I can guarantee tiam almost vigged her on multiple occasions, she wss in his vig pool for a long time.

this isn't a slander against her as a player but that debacle of a game was not won by any play on her part whatsoever. I'm not salty over shit, they didn't "fool" me. I don't consider losing to a garbage neutral killing a real loss anyways but that's a different discussion. fuck off.
skirt skirt
skirt skirt
Mafia Scum
skirt skirt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #551 (isolation #9) » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:29 am

Post by skirt skirt »

In post 545, Nexus wrote:
In post 544, skirt skirt wrote:fuck off.
How many times do you need to be told about being civil to people, dude?
this site honestly confuses me a ton with what you can and can't say, and how sensitive some people are and how bullish others are. im a part of a lot of forums, and i always expect one basially centered around arguing with people to habe thick skin, but guess my judgments off cause it seems a lot stricter here than even reddit. mulch's reply brought it personal with "your just salty she outplayed you". is fuck off over a line there? I legit don't get it. sorry :/
Last edited by skirt skirt on Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
skirt skirt
skirt skirt
Mafia Scum
skirt skirt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #557 (isolation #10) » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:43 am

Post by skirt skirt »

In post 555, Nexus wrote:I mean literally telling someone to fuck off that you disagree with in a discussion thread is totally obviously not okay. Seriously.
I don't mean to be annoying but I dnt get why? like do you consider fuck off an unassailable reply? he tried to make it personal with saying I was salty, I told him to fuck off because that is a bullshit path to go down.ypu say it's totally obvious...? maybe we should pm I don't understand where you're coming from at all and you seem to believe it should be blindingly obvious so we aren't seeing eye to eye.

and to the topic: it was a normal queue game, 3 kills is very uncommon so for Mary to be sk we had to accept that they were an sk who didn't kill for 3 days and started the exact night after the final mafia lynch, there was 3 unrestricted kills in a normal game, the gunsmith had a second false negative (we had already known a false positive and a false negative), and on top of that Mary was in the vig or lynch pool anyways.

Return to “Scummies and Mashies Archives”