New Player Feedback Methodology

For large social games such as Survivor where the primary mechanic is social interaction.
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #17 (isolation #0) » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:02 pm

Post by Realeo »

What makes some people enjoy playing or not enjoy playing?
I think the reason that I finally quited Survivor was simply I don't know how much to talk?

On my first game, I did the routine "talk to other people, introduce yourself", but during TC, one of the person PMed saying "Hey, you are not talking enough" before I got blindsided unanimously.

So I simply don't know how much to talk? I think I talked more in my first Survivor than IRL so when I can't gauge the bar of "How much talking is enough," I lost hope.
"The debate on whether short multi postings or a long wall of post is good or not is like a debate on gun control--we would never understand each other and we have to make peace with it." -Realeo

I'm mabye a serious player, but I'm capable of joke. Ok?
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #24 (isolation #1) » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:24 pm

Post by Realeo »

In post 19, BROseidon wrote:Generally speaking a good heuristic is "if I have a pm sitting in my inbox and real life isn't in the way, I should respond to it now."
Hmm. I think I'm quite responsive. I have my laptop on pretty much all the time?

Maybe time zone issue? I usually log off from midnight to 9 am (for sleeping reason. I HAVE LIFE) which translates to noon to 9 pm on "American time" which is usually the peak time?
"The debate on whether short multi postings or a long wall of post is good or not is like a debate on gun control--we would never understand each other and we have to make peace with it." -Realeo

Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #111 (isolation #2) » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:05 am

Post by Realeo »

I just remember something.

Is it possible for game mods to release PM made by players during game?

I have been garbage-dumping confessional and I see a lot of moment where the only reason why they decided to boot someone is because "I don't like it," which implies there is an implicit meta of a good PM technique than just "keep replying and try to make it full of meat instead of one liner".

The reason I asked for this is in Ned's school, there is a thread that gives us a list of password and I have been accessing people's account. Some have changed their password and some didn't and seeing other's people PM gives me a more clearer picture of demanded "PM dynamic".

I think from Ned's school--the most helpful account is McMenno's Spongebob account who one of the biggest reason he got sacked is because he happened to be rubbing people the wrong way and now it makes more senses why I get voted out quickly and why my attempt to make social connection flat down in Abridged.

Return to “ORGs and Large Social Games”