Mini Normal 1946 | Classic Hits | Town Victory!

Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1375 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:58 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

VC 2.06

Lynching

Fykus
(4): WhyMafia, Toranaga, Sergtacos, humaneatingmonkey
Misère
(3): Thor665, Mulch, Fykus
Chip Butty
(2): BlueBloodedToffee, skitter30
skitter30
(1): Chip Butty

Not Voting
(1): Misère

With 11 alive it takes 6 to lynch

The day 2 deadline is in
: (expired on 2017-10-04 11:52:50)

Mod Notes
: Keep it fun! Please let me know if I mess up. The automatic vote counter doesn't work :(

Misère is being replaced.
Last edited by Virtuoso on Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1376 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:21 pm

Post by Toranaga »

vote: chip
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1377 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:25 pm

Post by Chip Butty »

In post 1376, Toranaga wrote:
That's laughably OMGUS, dude.
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1378 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:27 pm

Post by Toranaga »

In post 1377, Chip Butty wrote:
In post 1376, Toranaga wrote:
That's laughably OMGUS, dude.
^ we're lynching this. at this point of the game, to say I'm OMGUSing him. whatever. get lynched chip.
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1379 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:28 pm

Post by Toranaga »

In post 1357, Thor665 wrote:
In post 1354, Toranaga wrote:I honestly feel really bad for flipping on y'all yesterday. let's try lynching a wolf. it could be misère after all. why is she wolfy? why not fykus instead? why is chip villagery?
Misere is wolfy for offering little and being present on a town flip and being among the rather sketchy Havo pushers.
Fykus, well, there is his current hum drum, I suppose, but has at least felt more involved to me than Misere - this is basically a rotten tomato to a rotten egg, neither are pleasent, both stink, but I can say which I'd much rather be hit by.
Chip looked good Day 1. He looks pretty bad Day 2. I'm choosing to guardedly lean him as maybe a person I don't like rather than particularly obv. scum though, as most of what I don't like is his tone more than the specific thoughts he's pushing, and I did rather like him Day 1 - so the idea that he's more pissy today tends to softly suggest to me he's town as town is the one doing the sucking this game (also I think he is feeling raw about Havo and working overtime to suggest Havo is terrible to salve himself - which also feels like a potential town mindset)

What are your thoughts on the three?
I think fykus has been soft or hard defended by a lot of people when his entire play so far has been objectively pro-scum and I don't see anything townie about him. Misère has done scummy stuff but everyone wants to lynch her, so I'm highly skeptical.

Chip has to be scum at this point. he stopped making any sense a long time ago and everything he pushes is illogical and anti-town.
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1380 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:33 pm

Post by Chip Butty »

In post 1367, Chip Butty wrote:
In post 1267, Toranaga wrote:there wasn't even any fucking case against him, it was just lack of reads super early in the game. total bullshit pressure and I'd be hard scumreading both of you if I knew you enough to respect your games.
In post 1334, Toranaga wrote:
In post 97, Toranaga wrote:
In post 72, Havo wrote:I have zero experience with a Miller best I can remember. The site I used to play at never used them that I recall.

So Wiki says they are a negative role and usually used to counter or lessen the power of the town cop. And the correct play is to claim early although it's debatable.

And I think a good argument has been made by both sides or at least I can see both sides.

I would hate to have to resolve the slot in LyLo tho. But my gut says scum wouldn't do this on D1.
As the Wiki says the claim usually gets lynched or night killed anyway. Or maybe that was one of you guys that said it.
I haven't found any reasonable argument against openclaiming. I wouldn't do it with certain player fields that I am confident to read me well, and I can see an argument for not claiming if you're trying to keep cop equity and if your kill create cop hunt cleared town. The fact is, claiming miller on later gamedays isn't as believable, and claiming miller after getting peeked scum will get you lynched everytime. Certain players with certain fields in certain games can play it in a different way, but this is not the game for that.

I wanna say this post is a little scummy. Bare in mind this is extremely thin, and I don't want to out all the reasons for it. But this is too much commentary instead of adding something to the discussion. Your post is fine otherwise, I get where you're coming from etc. Just think it comes more from scum than town.
this was the fucking reasoning I had for voting Havo

He hasn't refuted it. How can you reconcile these two posts? First he says it was a BS wagon, then he gives his reason for being on it.

If not for his hardclaim I'd be voting him.

Actually i might still be voting him, so

UNVOTE:

For now...
@Toranaga: instead of ranting like a madman again, tell me how these posts of yours don't conflict. ie how you haven't been caught in two lies now...
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1381 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:34 pm

Post by Toranaga »

1182 - are you positing Chip/Fykus/??? Because I don't get your point about Fykus otherwise?
1190 - this is basically exactly what i'm thinking lolololol
1199 - why are you tryng to get chip to work with you on a fykus wagon here? Especially cuz it seems your fykus scumread is partially colored by the fact that chip was defending him?
1264 - this lolololol

lemme respond to this:

I think it's chip, mulch and fykus yes. and I wanted to see if chip would ever vote fykus here, which he won't, which makes me feel better about it.
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1382 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:36 pm

Post by Toranaga »

In post 1364, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1358, Chip Butty wrote:So Toranaga has been caught in a lie, and you're just going to disregard that?
I don't think he lied.

He votes Havo in and is the second vote on the wagon.
HEM is the third vote in .
Tor posts at 11:36am
WM is the fourth vote in .
You're the fifth vote in
I'm the sixth vote in .
Havo softs in at 3:40pm.
Tor switches his vote in at 4pm.

The Havo wagon developed from L-4 to L-1 in around five hours, and he wasn't around for the second half of the wagon. He unvoted in his next post after the soft.

Given that he wasn't here when that happened, and unvoted at the first opportunity, and this whole thing unfolded over like five hours, I don't think you can fault him for being on the wagon when it go to L-1 even if he disagreed with the later votes.
chip just read this. if you still think I should be pushed for whatever you're saying I contradicted myself with, then I'm sorry. I'm not gonna engage in the same weak ass push over and over again.

also, get lynched please.
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1383 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:37 pm

Post by Toranaga »

love skitter's work. lock town.
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1384 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:45 pm

Post by Chip Butty »

In post 1382, Toranaga wrote:
In post 1358, Chip Butty wrote:So Toranaga has been caught in a lie, and you're just going to disregard that?
I don't think he lied.

You're the fifth vote in
I'm the sixth vote in .

The Havo wagon developed from L-4 to L-1 in around five hours, and he wasn't around for the second half of the wagon. He unvoted in his next post after the soft.

Given that he wasn't here when that happened, and unvoted at the first opportunity, and this whole thing unfolded over like five hours, I don't think you can fault him for being on the wagon when it go to L-1 even if he disagreed with the later votes.
chip just read this. if you still think I should be pushed for whatever you're saying I contradicted myself with, then I'm sorry. I'm not gonna engage in the same weak ass push over and over again.

See? You are still townreading me. This makes no sense as an appeal to scum.

Yet you are still voting me.

You've been conflicted in this way for a long time now. It doesn't look good.
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1385 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:47 pm

Post by Toranaga »

zzzzzzzzzzz
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1386 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:52 pm

Post by Chip Butty »

In post 1383, Toranaga wrote:love skitter's work. lock town.
Just like that, huh? Okay, sounds reasonable /sarcasm
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1387 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:52 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1381, Toranaga wrote:1182 - are you positing Chip/Fykus/??? Because I don't get your point about Fykus otherwise?
1190 - this is basically exactly what i'm thinking lolololol
1199 - why are you tryng to get chip to work with you on a fykus wagon here? Especially cuz it seems your fykus scumread is partially colored by the fact that chip was defending him?
1264 - this lolololol

lemme respond to this:

I think it's chip, mulch and fykus yes. and I wanted to see if chip would ever vote fykus here, which he won't, which makes me feel better about it.
I think this is the first team that's been proposed that I find kinda plausible. Chip/Mulch have made similar pushes (notably the Havo thing) and are also both defending Fykus to various degrees.

And yeah, I was kinda considered about the fact that you were willing to work with Chip after all of this, but that makes sense.
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1388 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:54 pm

Post by Toranaga »

chip: yes just like that, you know why? he is pushing scum hard and intelligently.
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1389 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:56 pm

Post by Toranaga »

kinda think BBT is town reacting to chip btw

rest of your reads list is good skitter
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1390 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:56 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1384, Chip Butty wrote:
In post 1382, Toranaga wrote:
I don't think he lied.

You're the fifth vote in
I'm the sixth vote in .

See? You are still townreading me. This makes no sense as an appeal to scum.

Yet you are still voting me.

You've been conflicted in this way for a long time now. It doesn't look good.
I don't get where he's indicating he's townreading you in this post. I think he's just telling you to drop it cuz this push is kinda ridiculous and you're annoying him. I feel like you're ignoring the context (ie the timeline I posted above) in order to push this narrative.

p-edit (I'm a she)
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1391 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:58 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1389, Toranaga wrote:kinda think BBT is town reacting to chip btw

rest of your reads list is good skitter
Yeah, I get what you're saying. I still think BBT by himself is kinda scummy, but I noted that I don't think BBT/chip can be scum together.
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1392 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:03 pm

Post by Toranaga »

oh skitter if you were always as analytical as that we'd have a different game in our hands now. I was almost checking out of the game mentally lol.
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1393 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:07 pm

Post by Chip Butty »

Can you guys get a room please? Or get out of each other's pockets?
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1394 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:21 pm

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

In post 1367, Chip Butty wrote:
In post 1267, Toranaga wrote:there wasn't even any fucking case against him, it was just lack of reads super early in the game. total bullshit pressure and I'd be hard scumreading both of you if I knew you enough to respect your games.
In post 1334, Toranaga wrote:
In post 97, Toranaga wrote:
In post 72, Havo wrote:I have zero experience with a Miller best I can remember. The site I used to play at never used them that I recall.

So Wiki says they are a negative role and usually used to counter or lessen the power of the town cop. And the correct play is to claim early although it's debatable.

And I think a good argument has been made by both sides or at least I can see both sides.

I would hate to have to resolve the slot in LyLo tho. But my gut says scum wouldn't do this on D1.
As the Wiki says the claim usually gets lynched or night killed anyway. Or maybe that was one of you guys that said it.
I haven't found any reasonable argument against openclaiming. I wouldn't do it with certain player fields that I am confident to read me well, and I can see an argument for not claiming if you're trying to keep cop equity and if your kill create cop hunt cleared town. The fact is, claiming miller on later gamedays isn't as believable, and claiming miller after getting peeked scum will get you lynched everytime. Certain players with certain fields in certain games can play it in a different way, but this is not the game for that.

I wanna say this post is a little scummy. Bare in mind this is extremely thin, and I don't want to out all the reasons for it. But this is too much commentary instead of adding something to the discussion. Your post is fine otherwise, I get where you're coming from etc. Just think it comes more from scum than town.
this was the fucking reasoning I had for voting Havo

He hasn't refuted it. How can you reconcile these two posts? First he says it was a BS wagon, then he gives his reason for being on it.

If not for his hardclaim I'd be voting him.

Actually i might still be voting him, so

UNVOTE:

For now...
Yeah, but he was talking about WhyMafia's Miller claim. Why are you always misrepresenting shit?
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1395 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:22 pm

Fykus has claimed basically. Let's wagon Chip. VOTE: Chip Butty
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1396 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:24 pm

Post by Toranaga »

I just skimmed Mulch's ISO and is pretty much exclusively pushing town. we should never lynch misère, for no other reason, because Mulch wants that.
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1397 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:26 pm

Post by Toranaga »

yeah that's good. chip and mulch wagons FTW.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1398 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:26 pm

In post 1365, Mulch wrote:Not reading that wall but why am I scummy?And why is misere only null?
The question is: why is Fykus only null?
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1399 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:27 pm

Post by Chip Butty »

That's toal BS. Go back and read, if you're town. Otherwise, just keep on doing what you're doing.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”