grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:04 am

Post by grapes »

I'm gonna take some time to look at iceguy again but..
In post 592, DuckWorth wrote:I got prodded.

Seems we haven't got long left.

I don't want to vote Una so I will vote iceguy instead as there doesn't appear to be any traction for a ChipButty or Grapes lynch.

VOTE: Iceguy
Can we lynch this instead guys?
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:10 am

Post by Chip Butty »

In post 625, grapes wrote:I'm gonna take some time to look at iceguy again but..

I don't want to vote Una so I will vote iceguy instead as there doesn't appear to be any traction for a ChipButty or Grapes lynch.

I'd lynch Duckworth in a heartbeat if there was support for it. Worried about the looming deadline though...
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:26 am

Post by UnaBombaH »

In post 624, grapes wrote:Didn't mind una's response to me but I wanna follow up with this a touch.
In post 608, UnaBombaH wrote:I meant that it worried me, that I townleaned CommKnight, and rather strongly scumleaned GameNBurger.
I was also weighing in whether GnB would have been outright scum for me, if CommKnight hadn't "cleared" him based on meta.
Taking into consideration how my feelings on CommKnight shifted today, this actually pops up to me too.
Good of you to point it out.
Was there anything else besides the townread? Because i wasn't so much pointing anything out as I was alarmed at how the only thing you had to say about gamenburger was something about another slot's read on them when they were apparently a strong scumlean.
I wrote in length because I suddenly realized there was possibly something deeper there.
I sort of had a big moment there while writing to you :lol:
"If Unah’s scum, consider me a random $20 on the ground, cuz I am pocketed."
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:34 am

Post by Chip Butty »

[Luca]
[Alch, grapes]
[IceGuy, Realeo, Ironstove, Mulch]
[UnaH, GNB, Assembler, CK]
[Duckworth]

Latest version. My overall faith in humanity has been eroded somewhat. 3 players demoted and none promoted. If Mulch was almost anyone besides Mulch, would probably promote to tl, but I'll hold off for now. Assemble demoted for not posting any substance as deadline looms. Will discuss CK when i get back. Haven't been super impressed with IceGuy's recent stuff. More about that later too.
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:10 am

Post by grapes »

Just looked at iceguy again and I'd still be kinda surprised if he flipped scum.

Like I've said he's just a more 'traditional' player and comes across stern as a result but I really like his thoughts in places.

This for instance;
IceGuy wrote:Begging for town reads is not towny behavior, being useful to town and getting read as town is.

His first reads in #269 are lazy: he townreads a player pretty much everybody townreads, calls me scum for voting him (after two other people have also called me scum), and has a "slight townlean" on the guy that started the wagon on me. There's not a single original thought in that post except for "I was doing it ON PURPOSE!" which isn't really believable.

He then continues to post fluff until two hours ago, where he posts a read list. However, those reads are mostly useless. The three reads from before carry over, except that Chip Butty is now town instead of a "slight townlean", but the justification is the same. Five players are read "mainly on gut", two players are neutral as lurkers (which I understand, they really lurk). The Mulch read is useless fluff ("for the catch-up", yeah we know he caught up, but WHY?) and the Realeo read is the only useful read, except many have said essentially the same thing.

The read on me is based on posts from way back and basically parrots Luca a few days ago. Considering I'm his only scum read, I'd think he post something about my reads or the "first place on the townie list" thing, but he doesn't.

tl;dr: There is not a single original thought in any of his posts, but he keeps up appearances of contributing.
Just feels really town.
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:18 am

Post by grapes »

I feel like a shitter for slacking this game and trying to make things happen now.
But at the same time you'd be surprised what you can accomplish in a little less than a day.

If deadline were in five seconds and things were still the same I'd vote unabombah to get a lynch because I'm a little less sure there but still am currently thinking he flips town. The traction there is slightly better for the fact that I'm currently debating in my head who scum on that wagon would be if I happen to be wrong on game and kinda coming up short.

I'll try and give an organized post on duckworth to make that more enticing because I realized I haven't really done that yet and I can see why town would chalk that up to a lurker lynch which always sounds a little less than exciting.
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:43 am

Post by UnaBombaH »

I have to go sleeping now - I honestly hope to be alive when I come back.
If you decide to lynch me during the time I'm not around, I want to give my honest top three scum-reads/guesses:
IceGuy
CommKnight
GameNBurger

Go for IceGuy D2 if I'm not around, that should give a ton of context as a flip, even if I'm wrong on my read on him.
There should be zero chance there's not a scum on my wagon if I get hammered. (currently there is a SMALL chance, but I doubt it)
"If Unah’s scum, consider me a random $20 on the ground, cuz I am pocketed."
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:21 am

Post by grapes »

I do think that it's null he didn't claim the alt slip straight away; being shy is a personality tell.
In post 249, DuckWorth wrote:I tr Commtown, his reads list is solid and I agree with it for the most part.

I also tr Realeo based on his posts in Page 8/9 about mafia analysis and his general tone when stating his philosophy on the game.

Chip's vote in 171 is strange and has little basis to it, especially so as we are out of RVS now. Many of his votes are reactionary and trigger-happy at mild issues and therefore they give me a scumvibe.

I still dislike the amount of reads that grapes good so early in the game.

VOTE: ChipButty
So let's start with the post that initially made me vote him.

I don't think that townreading commknight for his readslist makes sense all that much when you dig a little deeper and realize that;
1) Most of comm's reads that weren't neutral were based on meta that I don't believe duckworth shares experience of outside realeo and alch; one of which was just a null-town read

2) His two scumreads are chip and I, so as far as scumreads go (the reads that actually matter) he only agrees with one thing; that chip is scum. Which is what duck's vote here is essentially in my opinion; capitalizing on comm's chip push but scraping up what he can to try and make it sound original.

The line "His votes are reactionary based on mild things, therefore they give me a scumvibe" makes me think he's trying more to sell us that he believes what he's saying rather than sell us on chip being scum; but is also as chip mentioned earlier on, a modified echo of one of the things comm was getting on chip about but just in broader terms.

--

My favorite part;
I still dislike the amount of reads that grapes got early game

Is very 'cover your tracks' for my taste. Or, "let's not be left open to questions".

But is also calling me town and scum at the same time.

Scum don't "get" reads.
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:46 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 625, grapes wrote:I'm gonna take some time to look at iceguy again but..

In post 626, Chip Butty wrote:

I'd lynch Duckworth in a heartbeat if there was support for it. Worried about the looming deadline though...
I'd also vote him if we can get it through before deadline.
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:06 am

Post by grapes »

Hey alch
In post 631, UnaBombaH wrote:I have to go sleeping now - I honestly hope to be alive when I come back.
If you decide to lynch me during the time I'm not around, I want to give my honest top three scum-reads/guesses:
IceGuy
CommKnight
GameNBurger

Go for IceGuy D2 if I'm not around, that should give a ton of context as a flip, even if I'm wrong on my read on him.
There should be zero chance there's not a scum on my wagon if I get hammered. (currently there is a SMALL chance, but I doubt it)
You think this is a scum post?
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:33 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 634, grapes wrote:Hey alch
In post 631, UnaBombaH wrote:I have to go sleeping now - I honestly hope to be alive when I come back.
IceGuy
CommKnight
GameNBurger

You think this is a scum post?
It does seem more Towny that scummy in that it's trying to give Town something to go on after he dies and with the wagons being what they are I don't think Ice and Una could be scum together so it's not likely a distancing attempt. It could be an attempt to get sympathy but that's the only scummy thing about it. Seeing this post makes me more comfortable about switching to another wagon, I'm just not sure if we have the time for another wagon (16 and a half hours currently). Let's start the Duckworth wagon and see if we can get votes for it. I'll switch back if we can't.

VOTE: Duckworth
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:42 am

Post by grapes »

We got time.

Chip and ice said they're down.

I'd imagine una wouldn't mind switching.

I'm not sure what realeo's opinion on this lynch is but he'll be around I'll ask him then.
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:55 am

Post by grapes »

And according to the last vc ironstove and assemble aren't voting which is kinda unnacceptable at this point.
Maybe they'll find it in their hearts to contribute to a scum lynch in time.
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:57 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

I don't think Ironstove can find it in his heart to contribute to anything.
IceGuy
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:23 pm

Post by IceGuy »

In post 634, grapes wrote: You think this is a scum post?
It's the towny thing to do, but scum also knows this and can easily fake it.

As said before, I'm open for a Duckworth lynch. His recent posts do not give me a reason I shouldn't be.

Also willing to switch back.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:00 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

I'd prefer a Duckworth lynch to an Una one, so for that reason....

UNVOTE:

Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:02 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 613, IceGuy wrote:
In post 608, UnaBombaH wrote:
Not fully committing to a strong scumread.

That is what I meant: he says he is willing to vote any of the lurkers, so he has an easy escape if anyone scumreads him, for voting me.
Other people (such as Luca) have done the same thing and you sort them firmly into the "town" category. Why am I scum for it, and Luca is town for the same thing?
You're just making this up - I have done the exact opposite of this.
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:17 pm

Post by Chip Butty »

UNVOTE:

At this point i think i am as likely to switch to IceGuy to break a tie between him and UnaH.
Assemblerotws
Assemblerotws
Goon
Assemblerotws
Goon
Goon

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:28 pm

Post by Assemblerotws »

Yeah, I'm willing to compromise.
VOTE: DuckWorth
Show
Check my wiki for my meta.
"Yeah, when I see an intelligent paragraph, I'll know it's Assemble" -Jay
"I thought Assembler was quite good. I was surprised he was the NK because he's often in the lynch pool, but tunnelling scum will do that to your life expectancy!" -ffery
"assemble GOAT mod" -Mulch
"Anyone who plays with assemble knows silence is NAI" -Maki
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:43 pm

Post by Mulch »

In post 612, UnaBombaH wrote:
In post 611, Realeo wrote:
In post 609, UnaBombaH wrote:Realeo unvoting IceGuy COULD be susp. actually: if he is scum with IceGuy, he might want to keep an appearence of joining the IceGuy-wagon, but wouldn't want to go all the way to a lynch?
Dislike the idea, but it's possible.
Same with Duck: dislike his straight away vote
You couldn't dislike both my unvote and his vote. That is contradiction.
No, the motives could be different.
He would be distancing from IceGuy by joining - you would avoid lynching your buddy by jumping off.
Obviously the two things ARE mutually exclusive, but I'm not making a contradiction.
Why are they mutually exclusive?
Amrock#3784
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:44 pm

Post by Mulch »

Man I really think ice flips scum
Amrock#3784
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:48 pm

Post by Mulch »

Need a vote count... Up for the next 3 or so hours
Amrock#3784
GameNBurger
GameNBurger
Goon
GameNBurger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:16 pm

Post by GameNBurger »

Ducks vote is nasty

But given his tiny post history I'm not really comfortable with calling him scum

But I'll admit there's a good chance he might be scum

Initially I thought that duckworths vote indicated possible scum in una and maybe grapes as traitor but I need to check if that holds water given his interactions

Give me within the hour

This changing dynamic is why I haven't gotten around to putting a full readslist, duck was going straight in the null before his vote
GameNBurger
GameNBurger
Goon
GameNBurger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:18 pm

Post by GameNBurger »

Scratch that I'm an idiot there's no way grapes is traitor with duckworth

Okay I'm very tempted for what this says about grapes and others

Let me think about it and count the votes
PMysterious
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:19 pm

Post by PMysterious »

Vote Count 1.6

With 13 alive, it will take 7 to lynch.

Assemblerotws- 0
Realeo- 0
Chip Butty- 0
GameNBurger- 0
ironstove- 0
IceGuy- 3 (UnaBombaH, Mulch, Duckworth)
Luca Blight- 0
Duckworth- 6 (grapes, Alchemist21, Iceguy, Luca Blight, Chip Butty, Assemblerotws)
Mulch- 0
Alchemist21- 0
grapes- 0
CommKnight- 0
UnaBombaH- 2 (GameNBurger, CommKight)
Last edited by PMysterious on Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:14 am, edited 3 times in total.
Show
PM, here with a calmer nature.

Modded Games
Open 469: Medical Mafia
Open 698: Stack the Deck

Currently Modding Games

Return to “Completed Open Games”