Snakes
I Will Survive
Snakes
I Will Survive
I Will Survive

The Genius: GAMEOVER(JINHO WINNER!)

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:33 am

Post by Snakes »

Snakes, Pickemgenius, and Mallowgeno present...

Currently, a package is being delivered to somebody. This story begins with this invitation.

Welcome to The Genius game. In this game, you'll be able to experience the limits of human psychology. We have prepared games that require you to exhibit your logical thinking and social skills.

The reason you have been invited is because of your special talent. Conversational skills that draw people towards you. High intelligence and adaptability. Poker face and a killer instinct. Crisis management skills built up through hardships. The charisma to lead people.

However, The Genius game will present several dilemmas. The journey and the result. The group and the individual. Beautiful defeats and ugly victories.

In the end, one person will be left and will become The Genius. Will that player be you?

If you would like to be involved, whether playing or spectating, please

{ IMPORTANT NOTES }

The Genius is not a typical Survivor game. In each round, there will be a Main Match and a Death Match. Everybody will compete in the Main Match, which will decide who will go to the Death Match. Two players will compete head to head in the Death Match, with the loser being eliminated. If you would like more information on what these matches are like, here is the first season

There will be a lot of live rounds.
These are rounds that start at a certain time, and last until the match is over. Everyone is expected to show up to these rounds, but we will do our best to accomodate everybody's schedule.

This will be a
PMless
game. PMs have been disabled, and communication will take place in private forums called Rooms.

Spoiler: Rules
{ GENERAL RULES }

{01} This is a game. The main objective is to have fun; so no excessive flaming, spamming, or otherwise being a jerk.

{02} This is a game. The secondary objective is to win.

{03} We are not infallible, so if we make a moderating mistake, please point it out and we will correct it if needed.

{04} We have worked extensively to produce a game that is enjoyed by all involved. As such, we promise to offer each player respect but expect to be shown the same in return.

{05} The Genius is ANONYMOUS. All participants are strictly prohibited from so much as hinting to their own identities or implying another player's identity. If you are talking with other people outside of this forum, you must not state or imply that you are playing in this game. If you are talking with other players on this forum, try not to say anything that would allow people to easily ID you. Failure to follow this rule can result in a variety of consequences ranging from a terse warning to one's elimination from the game. We reserve the right to determine the severity of possible infractions.

{06} The Genius is about using loopholes and game mechanics. That said, there is a fine line between using loopholes and cheating. If you are unsure as to whether an action conflicts with the rules, ask. All questions about the rules will be answered privately, unless we determine that the question is necessary to clear up a confusing rule.

{07} Private communication with eliminated players is strictly prohibited. Any player found in violation of this rule will be penalized.

{08} Any and all posting about this game outside the provided forums unless SPECIFICALLY STATED is illegal.

{09} The posting of communication, whether Private Messages or posts made in Rooms in a public forum is explicitly disallowed. Paraphrasing is fine, but you are not allowed to copy paste or post a screenshot. You may, however, post them in your confessional. You are allowed to copy paste messages and share them privately, but be warned that messages can be faked.

{10} The moderators may discipline any player that breaks the rules however we see fit, depending on the specific situation. We also reserve the right to implement new rules if needed.

{GAME MECHANICS}

{01} PM's are only to be used when allowed and cannot be used to communicate to eliminated players.

Main Matches:

{02} Every round will possess a Main Match. If there are multiple winners, they will each get a Token of Life, granting them safety from the Death Match. If there is only one winner, they will get two Tokens of Life: one for themselves and one for any player they choose that is not the Elimination Candidate.

{03} The loser of the Main Match will be the Elimination Candidate and automatically enter the Death Match. If there are multiple losers, the winner(s) must unanimously agree on an Elimination Candidate.

{04} The outcomes of all Matches are final. That said, however, be sure to keep Rule 03 of General Rules in mind.

{05} We appreciate the fact that prospective contestants will enter this game with a range of skills. With this in mind, understand that we as mods can't cater to all players' needs and time constraints in challenges.

Death Matches:

{06} Every round will also possess a Death Match. If there is only 1 loser in a Main Match, that player will choose a player without a token of life to duel in a Death Match.

{07} Scheduling and rules for Death Matches will be posted in their respective forums.

{08} The winner of the Death Match will receive half of the losers' Garnets (rounded up). The other half will be distributed as the loser sees fit.

{09} The loser of the Death Match will be eliminated from the game.

{GARNETS}

{10} All players start with 1 Garnet. More may be acquired later on.

{11} Garnets that will be gained from a main match will be announced prior to the beginning of said main match.

{12} Garnets will be used to gain advantages in Main Matches. Having more might also give you an advantage in a Death Match (but they won't be spent in Death Matches)

{13} Garnets may be given to other players.

{14} Once a Main Match result is posted, players can no longer give Garnets to other players until the Death Match contenders are decided. Once that is determined, non-death match players may resume gifting of garnets. Once the Death Match concludes, the victor may gift garnets again until the next Death Match.

{15} The garnet count for all players will be revealed at the start of each Main Match and at the end of each Main Match.

{16} Each Garnet is worth $1,000 in Mish Mash Cash!

{FINAL 2}

{17} When 2 players remain we will enter the final stage of the game. The final 2 will play in 3 Death Matches.

{18} All eliminated players will post who they wish to support in the final 2. For every player that supports a finalist, that finalist will earn an item they can use in these Death Matches. The player with the most garnets will earn an additional item.

{19} The final 3 Death Matches will consist of 2 games that have been played before along with 1 that has not been played.

{20} The first player to win 2 Death Matches will be the winner and earn all of their opponents garnets!
Last edited by pickemgenius on Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Snakes
Snakes
I Will Survive
Snakes
I Will Survive
I Will Survive

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:12 pm

Post by Snakes »

Only four days left to sign up!

In the meantime, enjoy this song:
Snakes
Snakes
I Will Survive
Snakes
I Will Survive
I Will Survive

Post Post #3 (isolation #2) » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:45 am

Post by Snakes »

Fun fact: Hongchul from The Genius appeared in the Gangnam Style music video!

Another fun fact:
You have (expired on 2017-10-06 14:45:32)
to sign up for this game!
Snakes
Snakes
I Will Survive
Snakes
I Will Survive
I Will Survive

Post Post #5 (isolation #3) » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:49 pm

Post by Snakes »

Signups for this game have closed, but you are still welcome to sign up to spectate

Logins will go out tomorrow at 12 PM Eastern!
Snakes
Snakes
I Will Survive
Snakes
I Will Survive
I Will Survive

Post Post #7 (isolation #4) » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:19 am

Post by Snakes »

This game has started. 13 players have signed up and are competing to see who will be the Genius.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Snakes
Snakes
I Will Survive
Snakes
I Will Survive
I Will Survive

Post Post #9 (isolation #5) » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:14 am

Post by Snakes »

After over four months, the game is over and a winner has been crowned. IDs and awards will be revealed live
tonight at 10:30 PM Eastern
. I hope to see you all there!

Return to “Social Game Archive”