Not Voting
(4): Sakura Hana, TheWayItEnds, Regfan, drealmerz7

With 8 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Dream Timer:

Day 5 Dream Choice
1. "Was That All Just a Dream?"
2. "Its so nice here in my little box where I'm safe"
3. "I Can't Make Up My Mind"

Vote for the dream of your choice by PMing the mod.

At the end of day 5, information about the dream that receives the most votes will be revealed.

You will be able to finalize your dream choice during the Moonrise phase.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4076 (ISO) » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:52 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 4072, hebichan wrote:But the dreams have been 1. useless 2. bad all game. The best we've gotten is a bullet proof.

Why wait on something that could be negative?
There was a watcher in there. That's not bad and I would like another.

Because I think our chances are pretty awful right now and a small chance to improve them is better than nothing.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
hebichan
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her/Hisss

Post Post #4077 (ISO) » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:00 am

Post by hebichan »

In post 4076, Cephrir wrote:
In post 4072, hebichan wrote:But the dreams have been 1. useless 2. bad all game. The best we've gotten is a bullet proof.

Why wait on something that could be negative?
There was a watcher in there. That's not bad and I would like another.

Because I think our chances are pretty awful right now and a small chance to improve them is better than nothing.
Awful to do what?

Like waiting for something that could be shit seems bad, you scum read drealmz, I scumread drealmz, we all scream for drealz.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4078 (ISO) » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:05 am

Post by Cephrir »

win

i mean sure but that doesn't mean i have to bet the game on it right now. i still want lld first
Bartleby the Scrivener
hebichan
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4079 (ISO) » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:07 am

Post by hebichan »

You either bet the game on it now or bet on it tomorrow when we potentially get a worse result.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #4080 (ISO) » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:13 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 4078, Cephrir wrote:win

i mean sure but that doesn't mean i have to bet the game on it right now. i still want lld first
There is no more fucking first. If you are town and you fucking lynch me because you're apathetic and checked out of the game you are throwing this game the fuck away.

You don't get to say "oh but Maria first" or "Oh but Nos first" anymore.

Drealmerz has been scum for days, why do you keep saying "oh he's scum" and then back down whenever he gets closer to being lynched?
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4081 (ISO) » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:34 am

Post by Cephrir »

Because I'm his scumbuddy. Eyeroll.

I'm lynching you for being scum. It's what I'm the most sure about. I'm not sure that dreal isn't the last mislynch you need.

I didn't even want to lynch nos especially so don't come at me with that. But any other firsts I've had have been first before you, not first before anyone else.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #4082 (ISO) » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:47 am

In post 4081, Cephrir wrote:Because I'm his scumbuddy. Eyeroll.

I'm lynching you for being scum. It's what I'm the most sure about. I'm not sure that dreal isn't the last mislynch you need.

I didn't even want to lynch nos especially so don't come at me with that. But any other firsts I've had have been first before you, not first before anyone else.
and why exactly am I scum, Cephrir?

Like, fucking, just think about this for a moment. None of the actions, claims or things I've done make sense for me as scum. Why bother claiming to save Hebi? Unless you think she's scum with me too? Like, it feels like you're just coasting on the "plan" that people put forward from previous days, and that "plan" is losing us the game.

And then you turn around and say we probably don't win this game, but you still want to lynch me. It sounds a lot like you know lynching me will lose us this game but you don't give a fuck.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4083 (ISO) » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:53 am

Post by Cephrir »

Because you had no town motivation for 4 days.

She could be scum with you; I haven't completely ruled that out. I suppose it's true that that appears risky otherwise and Im not gonna vote tomorrow without having a sit down and thinking about it first. I made that mistake in ep's game.

I just don't have much confidence in our ability to get it right 3 times in a row.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4084 (ISO) » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:55 am

Post by Cephrir »

I also didn't buy your reasoning for hiding with smith, and frankly I expected you to get it right last night and die. Have some BoP.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #4085 (ISO) » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:56 am

In post 4083, Cephrir wrote:Because you had no town motivation for 4 days.

She could be scum with you; I haven't completely ruled that out. I suppose it's true that that appears risky otherwise and Im not gonna vote tomorrow without having a sit down and thinking about it first. I made that mistake in ep's game.

I just don't have much confidence in our ability to get it right 3 times in a row.
No town motivation? Don't mistake having NO motivation for having no TOWN motivation. I was demoralized, and having to fight with people, and having to restrain my fucking anger and frustration and my real life was being a shitter.

Cephrir, like... this has been your consistent claim all game, and every time you bring it up, I am forced to remind you that I am trying not to yell, rage or otherwise express my emotions in a manner I have done in the past and it fucking sucks.

Your claims I have no town motivation because I'm not "engaged" with the game are clearly answered by prior circumstance and current effort trying to get people talking and engaging wiht me. So then, if this is the case, I need more from you.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4086 (ISO) » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:57 am

Post by Cephrir »

Also I think you'll find my borderline giving up attitude is pretty consistent in xylo with multiple scum alive. I just stop trusting anyone or myself when I get into this position.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #4087 (ISO) » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:57 am

In post 4084, Cephrir wrote:I also didn't buy your reasoning for hiding with smith, and frankly I expected you to get it right last night and die. Have some BoP.
You're not the only one who expected me to be fucking dead by now.

I've targeted people I believe are sensible, and I've been clear about the whys, and you know me well enough I don't target normally or by expectation.

The fact is, it is VERY possible my role is strict negative utility with how dream sensitivity works.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #4088 (ISO) » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:59 am

In post 4086, Cephrir wrote:Also I think you'll find my borderline giving up attitude is pretty consistent in xylo with multiple scum alive. I just stop trusting anyone or myself when I get into this position.
Alright but, weren't we in this position you and I once before in a recentish game? And wasn't the circumstance different?

Like, you need to look at my motivations right now. Do I think you could be scum? Possibly, but I need to find that out because we're going to need EVERY TOWNIE on board tomorrow.

So you blowing me off like this does nothing but guarantee that if we are both town, which is more than possible, boarding on probable, we lose this game.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4089 (ISO) » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:03 pm

Post by Cephrir »

My head isn't completely here right now. I'm also posting from a phone at this exact minute.

The thing I am positive about is that no lynch is just mechanically right here especially with no one unequivocally clear barring maybe sakura who can't die.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4090 (ISO) » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:04 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Also, if the dream is a "this affects the game tomorrow" I move that we switch it because fuck this shit.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4091 (ISO) » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:04 pm

Post by Cephrir »

If you are town and the scum are immune to your ability and there are 4 scum then I'm perfectly tly happy taking a loss and blaming the setup but I really doubt that is what's up.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #4092 (ISO) » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:13 pm

Yeah well I'm not ok with losing, so maybe fucking check that attitude and understand this game is a fucking weird game that potentially offered a "Loved" day in MyLo. '

So, like, let's try and fucking win.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4093 (ISO) » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:28 pm

Post by Cephrir »

All roads to trying lead through No Lynch.
Bartleby the Scrivener
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4094 (ISO) » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:31 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

I don't see ceph being scum here, neither by play nor by role. I also don't see town!lld's claimed role existing, but being useless. I think lld has painted herself into a corner, as there really isn't a sensible gamestate with her as town.

I think she's bussing one of twie and drealmerz, and falsely cleared one of hebi and regfan. Of the former, I'm not really sure, but between the latter I do think being able to receive and send on the dream mildly suggests reg is more likely town. I guess there's also a chance it's twie and drealmerz, so I'm looking at lld + 2 of {twie, dreal, hebi}.

I don't really see this game making sense otherwise, so I think it's worth considering lynching lld today on the off chance we get a vig/doc or something giving us another shot to spare (maybe dream 2?). OTOH maybe whatever ability we get when no-lynching is going to do more to clear this up.
Wandering but not lost
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4095 (ISO) » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:39 pm

Post by Cephrir »

i'm feeling ambitious right now but if i'm alive tomorrow i might just reread the entire game.

i probably won't do that, but man i sure feel like i should.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4096 (ISO) » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:41 pm

Post by Cephrir »

also gdamn could you fuckers try and town a little help me out here
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4097 (ISO) » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:42 pm

Post by Cephrir »

feel like i'm gonna end up being the town leader. it seems to be something i fall into in endgames because it takes everyone most of the game to notice how town i am and i'm not big enough to kill off in scary player lists.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4098 (ISO) » Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:37 pm

Post by Regfan »

I really liked Cephrir's repsonse towards my question in , can follow his throught process there very easily and he's not wrong in that I've not really put in the amount I normally do in this game or that I should and can understand him reading that as a scum-tell. Think if he was playing the angle of attempting to try and get me mslynched here the interaction between Hebichan<-> him in wouldn't have occurred, in Ceph!Scum & Hebi!Town worlds he'd be happy with a townie misvoting on someone he's set himself up being able to vote and join on and in Ceph!Scum & Hebi!Scum worlds he'd let her see if she can get any traction going on it. Think that and the whole "I'm going to have to become a town leader" type attitude is very unlikely to come from mafia here.

Don't actually hate LLD's run through of everything from her point of view in , been waiting for something like this from her for a while and while the whole "My results might be false positives!!!" type thing feels like a huge cop out since if she thought that was potentially the case the whole "Let me live so I can find out Regfans alignment" thing feels fake it's something that's semi-understandable given we're approaching end-game and contemplation of false-positives is somewhat needed. She's also at a very similar place to me in that Sakura>Serra>Ceph>[Gap]>Everyone Else is where I'm at right now too. I'd like to hear some more words from her on Dreamlz>TWIE and why she thinks Hebichan is town via play here outside of a "I know her!" "meta!!" type answer.

Serras point about lynching today having the gain if a doctor + vig type role comes up gives us a mslynch back is actually decent. Add to that by lynching today it means mafia can't ever shoot Sakura without giving us a mslynch too and the fact that it's not impossible the dream could be something bad for us ie. If todays twist happened tomorrow if we NL'ed we automatically lose and while I don't rate the chances of us winning from here massively high (Even though if my town reads on Sakura/Serra/Cephrir are right then we
should
have a good chance) I'd rather lose by misreading someone than losing via mechanics which means we probably should actually contemplate lynching here which does mean everyone, myself included making it clear where their heads at/why.

I'm pretty much down to a TWIE/Draemlz/Hebichan/LLD scumpool. Going to do some rereading on those today and probably look at a few dead players reads.

Time for people to chime up though;

Present a strong reason why no lynching today should be the play over lynching -- does the potential for the extra dream being a big thing outweigh the risk that it could hurt (and possibly outright lose us the game) and does lynching here provide more potential benefit down the line than no lynching today?

Gun to head, you had to vote someone right now, who is it and why?
hebichan
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4099 (ISO) » Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:51 pm

Post by hebichan »

In post 4097, Cephrir wrote:feel like i'm gonna end up being the town leader. it seems to be something i fall into in endgames because it takes everyone most of the game to notice how town i am and i'm not big enough to kill off in scary player lists.
Please no, literally anyone but you, don't even suggest this.

I will literally pull you into a lync by the freaking ears cephrir dammit.

VOTE: DREALMZ

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”