New Player Feedback Methodology

For large social games such as Survivor where the primary mechanic is social interaction.
DrumBeats
DrumBeats
Mafia Scum
DrumBeats
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (isolation #0) » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:27 pm

Post by DrumBeats »

Late to the party, but I don't have too much to add to this conversation. The two biggest things I didn't realize when I was playing were a lot of the site mechanics of zetaboards and how exactly to operate the confessionals.

With the zeta board interface as a whole, I was lost, and though I began to figure it out a bit as I went, there were some huge missteps. I remember specifically trying every bbcode reference that existed in that table of them in the post thing to see if there was an idol in any of them. I also accidentally changed my profile picture looking for idols and had to quickly figure out a way to change it back. I just think a mechanical guide to important features of the board and some examples of frequent idol hiding mechanics would help new players navigate that.

Then for confessionals, I'd just suggest linking some good ones in the new player guide. The big thing I noticed when reading the spectator stuff on me was that people were much more high on me when I was getting promoted with detailed questions because they led to detailed answers. I had no idea going into this game how much people were using them, so I went with what I thought seemed sufficient and mostly waited for questions.
"Welcome to Whose Line is it Anyway folks where the reasoning's made up and the reads don't matter."

Return to “ORGs and Large Social Games”