Mini 576 - High School Mafia - Game Over!

WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (isolation #0) » Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:35 pm

Post by WeyounsLastClone »

/confirmation

*Looks around* Quite empty here on the schoolyard :-)
"I wish you hadn't done that."
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #51 (isolation #1) » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:36 am

So, erh, I should probably vote now class is started.
Vote babygirl86.
I'm not good with baby's, nor with girls, so logical vote...
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (isolation #2) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:32 am

death_omen wrote:What makes you think that you have to vote, lol?
So, erh, you're the one in the back of the class waiting 'til class is over. :wink:

Seriously, why shouldn't I vote? It's a good thing to get discussion started.
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #73 (isolation #3) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:27 pm

Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:WeyounsLastClone, with me! For Great Justice!

YARR!
I was still wondering what this meant, so now seems like a great time to figure it out.
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (isolation #4) » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:18 am

We do need a vote, any vote now, because having day 1 end in a no lynch without any decent discussion what so ever is really bad.

That said, the topic title still say day 0, not day 1. Could that confuse some of the players, so they wouldn't post yet, or not even read the topic yet, because they think it hasn't really started yet? (okay, they should notice there's already 4 pages and such, but still).
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (isolation #5) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:48 am

Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:My health has returned to me. Armlx's claim seems genuine.
Wouldn't it be a bit stupid to claim on day 1 to be a cop? Also, why wouldn't scum do such a claim to save their hide?
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (isolation #6) » Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:34 am

I've only played in games with town power roles until now, what good is a pro-town roleblocker? If it would block either cop or doc, I think that role would hurt town more than it benefits town.

I'm really not to sure what to think of all this claiming. Mnowax is scummy to me because of his dubious roleclaim, Natirasha seems scummy to me because her two latest posts (daring armlx to check her in the night, and defending mnowax, and trying to influence the possible doc).

Although my vote for babygirl was a random one, her posts since also didn't make a good impression on me. I can't really explain it, but somehow she still seems the most scummy to me. I'll reread the thread soon, and see if I can explain it better.
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (isolation #7) » Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:57 am

armlx wrote:If the town RB targets the mafia making the kill, the kill is stopped.
Okay, that's quite powerful then indeed.
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (isolation #8) » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:18 am

Sorry for the lack of response. Don't really know what to say, except that I find babygirl's, Natirasha's and SlySly's behavior the most scummy. The first two because they seem to jump on arguments of others sometimes, and not really being consistent with voting behavior and such. As for SlySly, I think I can't add to the reasons others already have stated.
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (isolation #9) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:55 am

Tarhalindur wrote:Can we get back to lynching, say, klebian, please?
I don't really know why, but this doesn't sit too well with me.

What's not to say he got a special mafia role, and adjusted the wording a bit? With all these claims, I really don't think they're all true. At the moment I tend to believe armlx claim, but Tar's, I don't know. It'd be more believable to me if he was just a regular townie.
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (isolation #10) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:47 am

After a quick view, I think that Natirasha and Tarhalindur are both on 3 votes, and 8 people are voting now (which would be enough as it's 2/3 of the game), and Tar was the first one to be on 3 votes, so he's in the danger zone right now.

Is everyone happy with that?

I'm really torn. I still don't like babygirl's behavior, but my vote doesn't seem to matter much here. Then I'd have to choose between Tar and Natirasha, both of whom have claimed, neither of which claims I fully belief.
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (isolation #11) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:13 pm

kabenon007 wrote:
WLC wrote:I don't really know why, but this doesn't sit too well with me.
Come on, you know there is a reason, it's okay, you can tell us.
Well, it's just because it's a useless addition. He's the only one voting for klebian. He claims a power role, and then makes it seem it's not so big of a deal, and tries to push his own point through after. If I'd find real scumtells, or good reasons, I'd surely share them with you, but really, most of the posts in this thread are one sentence remarks that don't do much. That, and a lot of claims, which are really more confusing than helping. Still, rather than not saying anything (which didn't turn out to well in my previous games were I wasn't sure), I thought I'd share at least who I suspect, even though I can't really back it up yet.
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #355 (isolation #12) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:41 am

Wow, what's with all the heat against me?

What I find strange is that the mafia didn't try to kill a power role. I find Tarhalindur and babygirl86 very suspicious at the moment.

I find it strange that yesterday nothing has been raised on me, and now the day has barely started, there hasn't been any discussion at all on what happened and what didn't happen (trying to kill some of the interesting roles).

As for the three points armlx brings up: I don't feel like I'm posting 'forced'. If that's the way it comes across, I'm sorry. Any specific examples for this? And I don't think it's really strange to be suspicious of a cop-claim first day. It's kinda stupid. And I haven't been really opportunistic. I've always found babygirl suspicious, and she's still on top of my list. And with todays and this night behaviour armlx is added to that list. Armlx, why didn't you want to share us the result of your investigation? Why didn't you investigate Tarhalindur, that'd given us useful information if we could trust him or not? If you think I'm highly suspicious, why didn't you investigate me?

Yesterday we had 3 exotic claims, with powerroles. Yet the 2 kills this far are vanilla townie? Do you really think the claims on day one are true?
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #369 (isolation #13) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:01 pm

I really don't see how I'm an obv-scum. It's mainly armlx and Tarhalindur talk. How do you know all the roles? Tarhalindur, you say armlx was targeted by two players. What makes you trust one, and not the other (me in this case)? This is still assuming you are really a watcher, and not a scum setting up some manipulative plan from armlx and Tarhalindur.

Basically I find it strange that Tarhalindur and armlx found it necessary to claim their roles, but when using those roles they don't disclose the full information they get.

I don't know if we have 2 or 3 scum (4 would be really too much, and 1 is also very unlikely), but if it's the latter and we mislynch today, we're in lylo, and it'll only take one wrong vote from a townie for us to lose, because the 3 scum can jump on it and end the game.
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (isolation #14) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:00 pm

Although I don't like all this claiming, the harm has probably been done anyway. If Tarhalindur is town, then mafia now knows I targeted armlx as the Doc this night. If Tarhalindur is scum, then it's pretty obvious whom to go after, after this day.

I'm John Bender, aka the Loner in school. Even though I don't really like to help any one of you, I can choose to protect someone from being beaten up, which comes down to me being the doc in this game.

Also, with all this talk about roles, couldn't there be a Jester in this game?
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #374 (isolation #15) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:43 pm

Wow, if you're town, you're really stupid being so blindsighted, and if you're scum, you're really good in controlling this town by force.

Again, what makes you trust the other one who you saw targeting armlx last night and not me? If town deserves to know I targeted armlx insinuating me as scum in the process, why let the other one who targeted armlx go free? You couldn't be sure about my affiliation, and you can't be sure about the other one's affiliation, so why out me and not the other?
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #376 (isolation #16) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:29 am

I've had a better look at the first few posts of day 2, and armlx clearly contradicts himself:
My investigation came up guilty. Not sure if I should claim it right now or not.

One thing that strikes me as very odd to me is none of the 3 claimed power roles is dead. What this suggests is the scum is going doc hunting.

Also, Tar, do NOT reveal your tracker results on me. The reason should be obvious.

So, where were we. OH yeah.

Vote WLC
Says he has a 'guilty' investigation. Tells Tar what to do. Says reason is obvious, probably as not to get the doctor revealed. This is really strange considering what will happen later, where actually one of the tracker results is revealed, and armlx actually agrees with it.
EBWODP: WLC is the only person I am sure is scum independant of Natashira being scum.
How can he be sure? Only if I was scum and he'd investigate me. But what does he say when babygirl asks if he got a guilty on me that night?
No. I did not get a guilty on him. Read my last post, I got an innocent on someone.
But if we read the post again, he starts with 'my investigation came up guilty.', contradicting himself.

Until armlx comes up with a believable account of what result he got this evening, or Tarhalindur explains why he seems to trust the other one who targeted armlx and not me, I believe them to be part of the scumgroup.
Vote: armlx.
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #378 (isolation #17) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:31 am

Typo, of course. Nice excuse. Pretty crucial typo for such an important role.
armlx wrote:Tar, obviously don't answer WLC's question about why you trust the doc.
How cute, holding Tar's hand like he can't do things on his own in this game. :D

Why don't you disclose the result of your observation? Any information is useful for the town at this moment to make up their mind. And what makes you sure you'll live another day (being cop should give you quite a big target for a nightkill). If I get lynched and I turn out to be the doctor, there's no one to protect you if you really are the cop.

And I start to get why Tar is withholding this information. It leaves them another option tomorrow: 'oh, WLC actually was doc. Now, then the other one who targeted armlx night one has to be scum. That person was -insert townie name here-, so we should lynch him/her today.

Maybe I'm being the same way now, but I really don't like how blindsighted armlx and Tarhalindur are focusing on one thing now, which they can't possibly know for sure.
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #382 (isolation #18) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:55 am

It was because you didn't want to disclose it at first. That's strange in my book.
armlx wrote:Or were you talking to Tar, asking him to reveal who is the doc?
Well, I'm asking Tar to tell which 2 persons targeted you, or why he trusts one, and not the other, while he can't be sure of either affiliation unless he's scum.

If he lists the two names (if he actually is a watcher, and it wasn't a ploy to get the real doc out, which succeeded), it's up to the rest of the town if they believe I'm the doctor, or the other player that targeted you this night is the doc.
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #384 (isolation #19) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:13 am

Also armlx, even though Tar hinted at watching you, you seem awefully sure with this sentence in the very first day 2 post:
Also, Tar, do NOT reveal your tracker results on me. The reason should be obvious.
Why were you sure about this? Couldn't the Natirasha lynch who turned out town, haven't switched his mind? The more I think of it, the more I think of it as an elaborate mafia-plan. But maybe I'm too focused on this idea.
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #387 (isolation #20) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:00 am

Try to paint me desperate if you want, all I'm doing is asking legitimate questions.

All your defenses are like
I actually am 100% certain I know who the other person was, and I trust them as well.
(Just like you thought Natirasha was obvscum day 1). But how do you know? How can you be 100% certain? And why do you trust that person? And why is it that you can completely trust Tar?

Cop and watcher are both very valuable roles for town, and I really think the way you go about them is quite careless.

I'm very interested in what the other players who haven't voted yet think of this.
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389 (isolation #21) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:32 am

I don't need to know who the doc is. I'm asking what makes you and Tar so sure about 'the other one' being the doctor. I don't need his/her name (although it'd be nice because it'll be useful information for everyone), but I do like to know why you've chosen to go after me instead of the other.

Right now Tar's strategy to me seems to be lynching me today, then being able to say 'oh, I guess WLC was right after all; luckily now we know [xxx] is scum, because he was the other one targeting armlx' where [xxx] is another townie, most likely sealing Tar's win if it comes through. (That is, if Tar is actually scum, and not a misguided townie routing for the wrong doc).
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #396 (isolation #22) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:51 pm

armlx wrote:You exhibited scummy behavior, did not respond to the 4 votes in a doc-like manner, etc.
You're turning things around. I got 4 votes because you 'were sure' I'm scum. You're not sure I'm scum because I got 4 votes and didn't respond well.

That I didn't respond in a doc-like manner can't be the reason Tar isn't disclosing his information, because that's actually the decision that made me get 4 votes.

Again, why the inconsistent behavior? At first you say 'Tar, don't disclose information'. Then Tar discloses information, but only selectively. I want to know why he has down that, although he couldn't possibly know for sure either one's alignment. I would have understood if he revealed no names (protecting the doctor), or if he revealed both names (useful information for town). But I don't understand the point in revealing just one name, when he possibly can't be sure which one of the two he saw was the real doctor. The only explanation to me at this point is that it's a scum-ploy, and he's saving another name for tomorrow he can indicate as scum, while the name would actually be a townie.

At least my 4 votes got an interesting discussion going, and I hope it'll prove of value later on.
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #399 (isolation #23) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:17 am

Again, where do you get that 0% from? Is that like the 100% you were sure that Natirasha was scum?

You are hunting me down based on arguments that either only you know and won't disclose, or on arguments that even don't exist.

I 'exhibited scummy behavior' day one, so you say. Can you give specific examples (you've mentioned 'too focused', not taking a stance, but I already explained that))? If my day 1 behavior was so scummy, why didn't you point it out directly?
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #405 (isolation #24) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:14 am

Okay everyone (well except armlx, and Tarhalindur who seems to trust armlx blindlessly), have a look through armlx behavior throughout the game and tell me what you think.

Also, if/when WLC claims doc, the real one should not counterclaim. We know he is scum, he is going to die regardless.

Post 24: He votes kabenon. For voting twice.

Post 65: FOS on kabenon and death_omen for the notion they found Natirasha a lurker.

Post 69: Voting death_omen

Post 77: Contradicts his own advice in this post
Just responding to the mass prod.

Seriously people, make some god damned comment containing posts.

Legitimate vote on death_omen stands.
Why would his vote be legitimate? And if you ask for comments, please give some useful comments yourself.

Post 90: Voting babygirl86

Post 105: The ‘by the way I’m cop’-post. It’s really a null-tell concerning his affiliation. If he actually is cop, it’s a logical claim. But if he is scum, it’s also a very logical claim. Basically, if he is scum he would claim it, and if he is cop he would claim it. As there are more scum in this game than cops (presumably), I think the chance is actually higher he claimed this way because he was scum than he was cop.

Post 118: Voting natashira (spelling her name wrong)

Post 147:
I trust Mno's gambit for today. He would do that.
(I'll come back to this later in this analysis)

Post 175: Has a fos on Death Omen again. Because DO pointed out something that made them look scummy? (Death omen in his post before:
But even if there is a scum role blocker, armlx and mnowax just gave them two town aligned role blocking options for free, so we wouldn't benefit from it either way..
)

Post 185:
Ok, so over the next 3 days, we need to do the following things:

1. Not get me or Mno lynched. I am now 90% sure he is telling the truth after actions I can not discuss at this point in time. This means the people voting us should unvote.

2. Get someone scummy lynched. I'm looking at natashira right now. For those of you who should be unvoting, this would be a good place to put your votes.
This is post should is so scummy, it's not even funny. Totally taking control, and laying out the way to go for the next days. Also note he trusts Mno again, but goes on to investigate him night 1.

Post 254:
I actually agree with Tar here. klebians CLAIM NOW PLEASE post was way to aggressive in the context as well as pressing a pre-replacement lynch.
Again a post with no content, only trying to manipulate someone into claiming when it isn’t necessary.

Post 268:
… a Star lynch would also be very good.
Yeah, he didn’t mention that one yet. And he continues with ‘More on this
when
I wake up.’ Not if, but when.

Post 364: FOS klebian for a difference in interpretation.

Post 319:
Natashira is obv scum.

Uhm, right.

Post 334: Out of the blue he is voting me. And what’s with the post after:
WLC is the only person I am sure is scum independant of Natashira being scum.
What does the latter part of that sentence mean? And absolutely no arguments to be found. Says he got a guilty, later says he got an innocent, and that he made an error in the first post by forgetting to put ‘not’ before guilty.

Post 340:
Mnowax is innocent. I was worried given the nature of his claim he was lying.
Clearly contradicts what he was saying in post 147/185.

Post 353:
Also, no one else vote WLC till he shows up. Quick lynches are bad. Feel free to express your support in other ways though.
Strange for someone whose first act of the day is voting without discussion or any arguments.

Post 357:
Mno, on the other hand, had a claim I was wary of and was probably 3rd or 4th on the list of target.
Again the contradiction with his stance on Mno day 1.

Post 362:
Also, if/when WLC claims doc, the real one should not counterclaim. We know he is scum, he is going to die regardless.
Suppose he’s scum, this was the best way to discredit me, and a way to not have to reveal the ‘mystery doctor’ that he and Tar pretend that’s running around.

Really, maybe I'm too focused on armlx, but he switched votes and pointed fos'es so many times it's really curious and suspicious to me. Add to that a day 1 cop-claim, strange interaction with Tar, and really manipulating town without too much arguments, just playing on emotions, acting very rushed and pushy, I'm really happy where my vote is at this moment.
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #406 (isolation #25) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:17 am

EBWODP: Sorry for the lay-out, it's not the best.
And you can ignore the second sentance, a case of bad copy/pasting, it's on it right place in the bottom of my post.
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #413 (isolation #26) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:45 am

Also, shouldn't 'townie' equal a 'student' in this game? I find it strange that armlx claims a non-student role as 'townie'. It's not like the janitor's parents are going to send him to private school when the janitor's beaten up or something.
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #424 (isolation #27) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:04 am

Tarhalindur wrote:First: I will grant that it is *possible* that armlx is scum. However, this is a) unlikely, and b) irrelevant for the time being.
The possibility that armlx is scum does not change the near-certainty that Weyoun is Mafia.

Second: Earwig, are you scum or just stupid? I referred to my role as Night Watchman in my claim, and did not make any explanation of my claim other than the standard term for my role. The logical inference here is that I am, in fact, claiming the Night Watchman role (which sees any other player that targets its target at night).

Actually, come to think of it, you're probably scum. Your attack on armlx and myself (the two claimed, uncountered information roles) is the Chainsaw Defense (see the Tarhalindur Standard Tells wiki page for explanation) for a player I am 90% sure is scum. (This knocks klebian off my scumlist, and suggests that death_omen is the SK.)
I still haven't heard what's the reason that I'm near-scum, and why you don't trust me and don't trust the other you supposedly saw this night. What do you think of (what I consider scumtells) armlx voting for almost everyone in the game, and saying Natirasha is obvscum but turns out town, and now saying I'm obvscum, while that's also bs (the arguments armlx gives are certainly not hard evidence, and they don't hold through either).

We're getting into circles now, but the thing you accuse Earwig of, you seem to do yourself now.

And don't say you being claimed but not countered says anything, because I claimed Doc and haven't been countered either.

I'm really interested in what the others in this town have to say. CES? death_omen? AP? What do you think, what points of interest did you pick up in this game, and what do you think is the most important to focus on right now?
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #425 (isolation #28) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:07 am

EBWOP: 'and don't trust the other you supposedly saw this night.' should be 'and do trust the other you supposedly saw this night.'
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #433 (isolation #29) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:56 pm

armlx wrote: I like how WLC is voting me, despite if he was Doc that would mean Tar isn't likely lying and I was also targetted for a kill, which is how likely to happen to scum?
Tar only mentioned me because you somehow think I'm and obvscum and I was the easiest target. If I wouldn't have been the doctor, and said I didn't target armlx at all this night, you'd still have said that I would be lying and that it would mean I'm scum. You can't prove your version of the story is correct, and I can't prove my version of what happened in the night is correct. I don't think there's a serial killer. I think I'm the only one who targeted armlx this night, and Tarhalindur is making things up. Or there is another nightrole, perhaps a mafiaroleblocker, or a tracker, who targeted armlx to cause this kind of confusion.

And you were the most logical target this night to protect. I didn't trust Tar either, and otherwise it'd have been guesswork who would have a real useful role. But when you start day 2 the way you did, combining it with your day 1 behaviour; that has completely lost my trust in you and put you on spot 1 of my suspicion list.

As for me being suspicious not claiming earlier: I wish I hadn't claimed at all. L-2 or not. I think it's stupid to give away a powerful role so early in the game. That's why I think armlx' and Tarhalindur's claims were quite stupid, were they town.
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (isolation #30) » Thu May 01, 2008 5:53 am

Any decent reasons I'm obvscum, and not obvdoc would still be welcome...

I guess in your theory mnowax would be the doc, but I'm very wary of the trio that seems to be armlx/Tar/mnowax.
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #449 (isolation #31) » Thu May 01, 2008 9:50 am

armlx wrote:WLC: Your attempts to dig for who the doc are getting weak.
So it is obvious who the doctor is, but digging for it is weak? Your arguments don't hold up. You are the one rehashing useless arguments, or contradicting yourself.
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #451 (isolation #32) » Thu May 01, 2008 8:47 pm

Contradiction 1: your behavior towards mnowax. You say you won't investigate him day 1, yet you do, and day 2 you say you didn't trust him, contradicting what you said day 1.

Contradiction 2: you say I'm digging for the doctor, yet you say it's obvious who the doctor is?!?

And a typo isn't a contradiction. I don't think it's a typo a real cop would make though. They should actually be careful with what they do, because they're powerful to the town.
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #454 (isolation #33) » Fri May 02, 2008 10:15 am

Your health should go first! Get better soon!
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #459 (isolation #34) » Sun May 04, 2008 10:32 am

babygirl86 wrote:welcome back mod! hope your feeling better
Anything you'd like to say on the discussion of whose claims are true? What do you think of armlx, Tarhalindur, and me?
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #465 (isolation #35) » Sun May 04, 2008 8:48 pm

babygirl86 wrote:As of right now, since we have armix's info and Tar's from night one, I have no reason to doubt their claims. You, however still remain scummy to me. I don't really buy your claim. You were off the radar most of day one and when you were there you were constantly pointing your finger at people, most of whom had claimed.
confirm vote: WLC
I really only targeted you on day 1. So this feels a bit like an OMGUS vote. Sure I had my reservations about the day 1 claims, but anyone should have, because it's not like claiming power roles on day 1 is standard townie behavior.
BTW, mno, who did you block last night?
Throwing the secrecy out of the window? Or just in this particular case?
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #467 (isolation #36) » Mon May 05, 2008 2:02 am

Any scum would have claimed cop at that moment, so it certainly isn't just town behavior. I think a real cop would have waited, and try to survive otherwise and being able to get more information. Your day 1 behavior which let up to your L-2 is what makes me think you're scummy, and your cop claim fits in that theory, because it was a safe option to do as scum at that moment.

I don't have a real problem with the target of the RB being revealed (I think all information everyone got up til now should be revealed, because although it'll give info to scum, it certainly will give useful information to town, especially after more lynches/nightkills were town can see which information is from reliable sources, and which isn't), but I think it's strange you don't have any problems with it, considering your strange behavior towards Tar revealing information.
If your stance is that scum should have as little information as possible, then the target of a RB is also information that the scum can use. And it still stands that your stance on not disclosing information is already violated by revealing me as a targeter of armlx, without knowing which of the two Tarhalindur found out is actually scum. That is, if things happened as you two accounted for.
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #471 (isolation #37) » Mon May 05, 2008 8:25 pm

armlx wrote:Tar revealing you was fine with me, as given the scenario it was probably a clear cut choice about who was scum and who wasn't.
This is the really illogical part in your (both Tars and yours) behavior. You say you don't want to give information to the scum. With you supposedly investigating a townie that night, there is no way at all (at least, if both Tar and you are town, and the roles and night actions you described were right) Tar could know for sure who of the two he saw is scum, and which one is not. Hence it is ridiculous revealing one name, and not the other, thus nailing me to the wall, either based on a wrong gut feeling I'm scum, or a scum plan to lynch me. The only explanation I see that you're not revealing the other name at this point is that you're saving this name for another play tomorrow. You're gonna say 'oh gosh, WLC actually was the doc. that means the other has to be the scum anyway'. Then you mention another name, and get another mislynch tomorrow.

But this discussion is moot, since you will again fail to explain why I'm obvscum, and the other is not.
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #480 (isolation #38) » Wed May 07, 2008 11:42 pm

Tell me then what I have done that is not consistent with being a doc? If it wasn't for Awesome pants' pressure, I still wouldn't have claimed.

Your behavior is way more suspicious than mine, you contradict yourself regarding mnowax, your first post of day 2 is a quite strange 'slip of the tongue'.

At this point I really hope some more (different) people will post, because a deadline at this point is gonna hurt town.
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #483 (isolation #39) » Thu May 08, 2008 3:33 am

armlx wrote:You stalled on claiming despite someone claiming investigative results on you.

Despite being convinced that me + Tar = scum, you protected me over Mnowax, who was the obvious other choice for a kill.

Your entire D1 is inconsistent with you being town, let alone doc trying not to die.

You attack the D1 cop claim at lynch - 8 hours, despite it setting up the E7 combo, no counter claim, etc.

Your role name of Loner also makes 0 sense.
I wasn't sure about your claim day 1, but since cop is a lot more powerful than a town roleblocker, I chose to protect you, because I wouldn't risk losing our cop. Day 1 I was laying low, and tried not to draw much attention, because I couldn't risk being lynched/nightkilled with one of the powerful town roles. How my day 1 behavior is inconsistent with being town is beyond me. If you though I was scum day 1, why didn't you bring attention to it then? Are you sure like you were sure that Natirasha was obvscum?

And what do you know of the set-up? The E7 combo in a themed game like this, where there are probably a a couple of extra non-regular roles (which could be either scum or town) is really nothing to go by.

I'm not saying a cop wouldn't have claimed when you did. But I'm saying that a scum would have claimed exactly the same. That you're not counter-claimed says nothing. I'm not counter-claimed as well.

If we go for claims that make sense: at least I'm a student, which fits with the theme of the game, and what's supposed to happen if you get lynched/NK'ed. A Janitor isn't likely to switch private/boarding school for that. You first claimed cop, to get your ass out of trouble. Then you needed to think for an appropriate role, and thought Janitor is a good description (in the Wiki the Janitor is a scum-role BTW). I know this is getting into WIFOM-territory, but I'd never come up with a Loner as Doctor as well.

And you seem to know both persons that Tarhalindur saw. But how? Tar never revealed that information? You're really awfully sure, for someone who had a large hand in lynching a townie day 1.
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #484 (isolation #40) » Thu May 08, 2008 3:50 am

Thesp wrote:Looks like you've already found the scum.

Vote: WeyounsLastClone

There is no reason for this day to continue, and I will not speculate on the other scum. Finish him.
Wow, I thought we'd get an analyzing post from you.

Glad to see you're blindly following armlx and Tar as well.

Looks like I'm at 5 votes now, so there are obviously townies voting for me. Please have a look at what happened day 1. Please analyze the ideal situation Tar and armlx have created for themselves. I think it's a bad idea to end day 2 already, because the only thing happening really is the discussion between armlx and me. I think we need to take a step back and have a good look at everyone in this game.
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #486 (isolation #41) » Thu May 08, 2008 4:11 am

But what in the discussion makes you choose me as target? If I'm the one you vote for, okay. But please give a decent reason why that is your stance. I feel I've been going circles with armlx all the time, but your view on the process could break us out of it. Just a simple vote doesn't really help but pushing the town down the abyss.

It's ridiculous to say we need to kill right now. Day 2 has been nothing but a yes/no story between me and armlx. For it to be fruitfull, I think we should get a lot more info out of today. If I'm scum in your opinion, who are my scumpartners?Do people think all roles claimed are correct (obviously mine isn't believed a lot...).

Thesp, at least have your contribution of today be more than the two posts 'I'm gonna read and analyze', and 'vote WeyounslastClone. kill kill kill and destroy'.
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #490 (isolation #42) » Thu May 08, 2008 8:52 am

armlx wrote:Natashira was more scummy, and I did bring it up D1 towards the end. As for how sure I am today, the fact that A) I was already suspicious of you and B) investigation ownage, yeah, I'm sure.
First, is there a reason you keep misspelling Natirasha? Second, I don't see how B) leads to me being scum.

The problem with your cop/doc combo is that you weren't even sure there was a doc in this game. And if the mafia has a roleblocker it can just block the cop each night, leaving the cop/doc combo useless. Especially when we keep lynching townies according your 'I'm so sure'-theories.

In the unlikely case armlx and/or Tarhalindur are town, I find Thesp's behavior quite scummy actually. If 'yes', 'no', and 'die scum die' is all we gonna get, I don't really see how that helps town.

Also, mnowax, why did you use your roleblock night 1? As far as I understand, it could do more harm than good. (If you targeted me, the supposed cop would've been without protection).

I've read the sample PM. That's not a student, and, while I don't really want to go in the outgessing the mod-situation, I think it steered away from students to be safe. As for all our roles, I do think they will be students. Especially given what happens to you when you're lynched/nk'ed. And if you look at the two townies killed. And it explains why there'd be a kind of strange choice for a doctor.
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #504 (isolation #43) » Thu May 08, 2008 7:44 pm

Damn, town is so doomed now. Good luck anyway, you'll need it.
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #506 (isolation #44) » Thu May 08, 2008 8:31 pm

Please lynch armlx asap. You don't know what nightroles scum have, so a no lynch might turn out worse than he's making you believe. Also, I thought armlx' analysis made it that there's a serial killer, and now he goes for an 'optimal play if there's no SK'?
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #732 (isolation #45) » Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:57 am

I thought mnowax was scum, together with armlx; didn't see BM coming up scum. Maybe I was too focused on the attacks armlx and Tar were placing on me to be really helpful and consider other possibillities besides at least one of them being scum. That, and I really didn't play in a game with a godfather before, so I didn't take the possibility of investigation immunity into account.

Anyway, thanks mod for this nice set-up! And congrats to BM and mnowax for the good play.
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #739 (isolation #46) » Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:55 pm

Maybe it'd been better for town if there was no cop. Basically every investigation would turn up innocent the first few nights.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”