serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4225 (ISO) » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:43 am

Post by serrapaladin »

Yeah I just don't see at all how it would make sense for scum, nor how ceph's play with it makes any sense if he is scum. Do you disagree?
Wandering but not lost
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4226 (ISO) » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:54 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

well I disagree that ceph is more likely town than I am

I also play pretty paranoid and think ceph's role could be an easy fakeclaim to make, especially if it was provided for him rather than come-up-with on his own

I try not to make alignment assessments based on claims alone and there's nothing with his role and claim that makes me go "ohhyeah that is definitely true / makes sense to be in the game and is absolutely a town role" - not even close
balance among all things
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4227 (ISO) » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:32 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

It's not just the role though, it's also when he decided to use it and claim, and how defensive he got over suggestions he misplayed it.
Wandering but not lost
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4228 (ISO) » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:45 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

none of that is stuff scum can't do if they're good at scum

I'm not trying to make a case for him being scum, just saying it doesn't make him town (doesn't make him more likely town) - for me

at the time it did make me lean town on him, but now looking back I don't feel it/see it and I see more from maria's view on him potentially being scum now that I know maria is town

for me ceph is pretty null and that is annoying, so I like hashing it out
balance among all things
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4229 (ISO) » Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:08 pm

Post by Regfan »

Welcome Math! I'll be getting to this game tonight.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4230 (ISO) » Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:13 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3992, morph the cat wrote:

It's this, again, is it?  You know exactly how everything ends.  Or won't end.  

The poor child.  You never got over the look on the parent's faces.  That look of determination and hope.  But you knew.  There was no hope here.  Those faces would soon bear nothing but agony and anger.  

The kid never had a chance.  The park would never be the same again.  You knew this.  

The stages of the
investigation
are so clear to you now.  
The murder.  The cover-up.  The hunt.... at first for a missing person, but then for a body

You feel for the officer that would eventually find him.  It's not something they'll ever un-see.  

It was in the
Japanese Gardens
, of all places.  A collection of floating reeds marked the spot.  Not that they'd know right away.  
The heat-based camera they'd use wouldn't find him; cold and stiff.

And now it was time for the confession.  
A man, a simple Radio DJ.
 Did he actually do it?  Or was he just insane?  Nobody would ever know.  And what sort of closure is that, anyways?

Sometimes, dreams have good endings, but for this town,
it was a never-ending nightmare

The results of the players night actions have been inserted into the flavor opening up the day. Emphasis mine.

Welcome Regfan!
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4231 (ISO) » Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:15 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 993, morph the cat wrote:

The sun peeks over the horizon finally. The long night is over.

But, not everyone awakens. Floodgates, eyes frozen wide, doesn't stir and doesn't rise.

Floodgates were:

Spoiler:

Baku, Dreamer
was terrified to death

One dream ends. Another begins.

There were no night actions impacting the death that night hence short flavor. Baku was a VT.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4232 (ISO) » Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:19 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2469, morph the cat wrote:
Space Fleet scuttlebutt warned you this would be a strange assignment. The earliest deep space probes had suggested the
2nd planet (Two Deaths)
in the system was habitable, but would need serious terraforming to increase atmospheric protection from a punishing sun. But, later scouting had indicated the planetary conditions were almost too far in the other direction. It's an unusually watery world dotted with a multitude of islands from huge to miniscule, enfolded in thick clouds and near-constant rain.

The advance expedition wasn't going well and the call had gone out for more ecologists.

And here you are. The shuttle is flying beneath the heavy canopy of clouds over a vast rainforest. The huge trees break occasionally, revealing wide rushing rivers or great, still lakes. You're over one of the largest islands, perhaps one third of the area of Australia.

An ugly gash in the forest looms ahead. Your home for this assignment:
Outpost 3. (NoticeMeSenpai is third in the playerlist)

You debark the shuttle into near-twilight darkness, though you know this planet's sun is high overhead. Your boots sink into muck, squelching down and sucking against each effortful step. You squint. Somehow, even through dense cloud cover and darkness, your eyes dislike the sun's intensity. Strange.

You come to the plasteel path leading to the labs and living quarters. Though tracked with mud, walking is considerably easier on the artificial surface. A few meters from the main lab entrance, a creature with long ears, huge, blunt incisors, and mottled brown fur over lean limbs and muscles sits impassively on the plasteel walkway as you approach. It watches you and your companions with wide, unafraid eyes.

"What's this?"

"Eh. We call 'em rabbits. They're everywhere. Harmless. They have no idea what they're up against once we open this planet up, sadly."

The "rabbit" stares at you, long whiskers twitching and ears swiveling in directions no terrestrial rabbit could emulate. The level gaze glides away, and the creature hops off the walkway with a giant splash, making for the trees. The huge hind legs apparently distribute its weight well enough to conquer the squelchy, sinking mud.

In the days that follow, you spend most of your time in the lab, avoiding the unending rain. The crop-plants your predecessors had introduced here are not doing well. You'd already known to expect that it wasn't an overwatering problem despite the climate. Earlier ecologists had ascertained that much. If anything, the crops you're studying show signs of dry-climate stress. The burnt-edged foliage agree with your eyes that the sun you still haven't seen even once through the heavy clouds is a formidable presence.

Even 20 minutes outside without adequate skin protection results in painful sunburn (not protected)
. Your eyes are red and stinging for hours when you come back indoors. Polarized sunglasses and goggles provide little relief.

Everywhere, and always, there are at least three or four "rabbits" hanging around the lab buildings, watching curiously.

When you learn a scouting vehicle has broken down, stranding its crew miles from Outpost 3, you groan. You've been putting off a trip out into the forest to learn more about the way native plants have adapted to this curious climate. So, of course, you are assigned to the rescue group.

At least the vehicle is enclosed and air-conditioned.

You stare through the vehicle's window out into the gloom. The forest floor is muddy, with huge rock outcrops the driver has to navigate around, as well as the wide tree trunks and underbrush. Rushing streams occasionally test the amphibious vehicle's ability to ford them. The day is nearly done by the time you reach the stranded scouting party hunkered down in their disabled vehicle.

The drivers decide to wait out the night before heading back to the outpost.

You stretch out across a bench seat, resting your head against your crossed arms and look out the windows again, into the deep and now dark forest.

Odd, how little animal life the forest holds. Occasional reptilian-looking animals slither through the muck, but there are no winged creatures flitting through the branches. There are no strange calls from hidden creatures either. Just the rabbits.

Lots and lots of rabbits.

Watching.

The next morning, the driver is furious when the vehicle won't start. He wades out into the muck to check the engines, air intakes and anything else that might have become clogged overnight. The vehicle is a muddy mess, but there is no obvious cause for the breakdown.

After a brief discussion with Outpost communications, the drivers decide to wait for the orbiting ship to send a shuttle down.

But, you'll have to wait out a raging storm that should hit in a couple hours.

And you'll have to find (or make) an open space large enough for the shuttle to land.

You decide to spend a little of the time before the storm scouting around for a small clearing. You and the rest of the expedition crews fan out, struggling through the deep mud. You climb a huge boulder jutting out of the muck, hoping to have a better view from the top. The rabbit that has been following you across the mud sits patiently at the foot of the rock, watching as you clamber.

You're hit was an awful wave of dizziness as you near the top of the boulder. You cling to the rock like a barnacle, hoping it will pass. Your head is pounding, and you can hardly open your eyes against the harsh...sunlight?

You look up. A huge, blinding sun beats down on you. You narrow your eyes to tiny slits, looking down onto the vast desert surrounding you. Here and there are your companions, comically raising their boots high off the rocky ground as though struggling through deep mud. In the distance, structures -- buildings? -- glitter in the harsh sunlight like faceted gems.

The sun is like a huge spinning mandala overhead in a hot, orange, cloudless sky.

The rabbit stares morosely at you.
How unfortunate.
(The only dream with a buddy. Foreshadowing neither person was protected)

Your eyes fly open. What a strange dream. With relief, you stare up at the bright moon, not some swollen monstrosity of a sun.

You eventually calm down and get back to sleep.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4233 (ISO) » Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:23 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3575, morph the cat wrote:
VC 4-1
Day 4 Begins!

Not Voting
(10): serrapaladin, hebichan, drealmerz7, Sakura Hana, Lady Lambdadelta, mhsmith0, Regfan, TheWayItEnds, MariaR, Cephrir

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Dream Timer:

Day 4 Dream Choice
1. "I dreamed I joined Toastmasters"
2. "Where's My Ouija?"
3. "A Refreshing Night's Sleep!"

Vote for the dream of your choice by PMing the mod.

At the end of day 4, information about the dream that receives the most votes will be revealed.

You will be able to finalize your dream choice during the Moonrise phase.
Look at the picture for the Japanese gang.

The Japanese gang has been mentioned MULTIPLE times in flavor.

Hebichan has "chan" in it. A
Japanese
Honorific

I am thinking when Hebichan performs the kill that Hebichan is LOUD and the flavor reflects that kill or action.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4234 (ISO) » Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:27 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Mainly I wanted scum to flavor claim however the hesitance towards claiming something that frivolous and I could have easily been placated over means likely scum didn't want anyone to see this connection.

So I am pretty sure one of the scum has a Japanese flavor or hebichan is scum and much more likely the latter.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4235 (ISO) » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:03 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 4233, MathBlade wrote:Look at the picture for the Japanese gang.

The Japanese gang has been mentioned MULTIPLE times in flavor.

Hebichan has "chan" in it. A Japanese Honorific

I am thinking when Hebichan performs the kill that Hebichan is LOUD and the flavor reflects that kill or action.
Are you okay?
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4236 (ISO) » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:08 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

I'm actually not sure whether this is a joke or math has gone full conspiracy-nut.
Wandering but not lost
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4237 (ISO) » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:41 pm

Post by MathBlade »

viewtopic.php?p=9103326#p9103326

Dude....I have seen it before and since then I look out for it. The first post foreshadows it.

Like seriously. This is not a joke. I think Brian Skies watched scum and I think that scum is Hebichan.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4238 (ISO) » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:50 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

so I LLD scum with hebichan then?
balance among all things
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4239 (ISO) » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:50 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

is
balance among all things
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4240 (ISO) » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:51 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 4238, drealmerz7 wrote:so I LLD scum with hebichan then?
That is my opinion yes.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4241 (ISO) » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:57 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

I can support a mass flavor claim at this point
balance among all things
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4242 (ISO) » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:59 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 4241, drealmerz7 wrote:I can support a mass flavor claim at this point
It only worked earlier before I pointed this out.

I am however in favor of mass flavor claim at this point because it is MyLO.

@Drealmerz -- I am Rene Descartes. You are?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4243 (ISO) » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:02 pm

Post by MathBlade »

I am just super happy I get to be one of my absolute favorite mathematicians in a Mafia game that wasn't a UPick :D :D
GTKAS -- MathBlade
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4244 (ISO) » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:03 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

remaining patient while you hopefully continue to read the game (:

I claimed when I was put to L-1 and it is best you read it in context
balance among all things
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4245 (ISO) » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:08 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 4244, drealmerz7 wrote:remaining patient while you hopefully continue to read the game (:

I claimed when I was put to L-1 and it is best you read it in context
I generally play and read at the same time. However it is super amazing to summarize for replace ins (assuming they are trusted) It takes a good 5 hours to read a hundred + pages straight through and I find it more efficient ( see Gay mafia where I did this and nailed the scums ) and read while playing.

Although admittedly my predecessor dug my slot into an irredeemable mess and I quit reading from that point on but ...yeah now that my slot isn't in a shitty ass spot I can take more time tonight and figure out what I am doing.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4246 (ISO) » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:10 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Nailed in the sense that a broken clock is occasionally right. Lol.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4247 (ISO) » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:11 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

aye, you've got some time, no need to plow through the 166 with speed

just stay at it, game was pretty stagnant until you came in anyway so there probably won't be a lot going on from now til deadline that doesn't have to do with your catchup
balance among all things
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4248 (ISO) » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:16 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 4246, Cephrir wrote:Nailed in the sense that a broken clock is occasionally right. Lol.
...You mean how I am right in Gay Mafia and pinged you and you did the exact same thing?

How I identified scum on page one of the newbie I IC'd?
How I identified nancy scum in Civ and Grendel til I got convinced of Gamma?

I am tired of you saying "Math sucks" as a defense rather than addressing the points.

In Memory I nailed RM and Vaxkiller despite Titus trying to tell me otherwise.

If you think I am sucking you need to say why. Show people where I suck.

Show us how Regfan Drealmerz aren't conf Town.

Show us what makes you think LLD is town.

Because just attacking me saying that it is me only makes you very very scummy.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4249 (ISO) » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:17 pm

Post by Cephrir »

It's difficult to argue with someone irrational.

Those people aren't conf Town because there is no reason to claim they are.

I don't especially think LLD is town.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”