Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4250 (ISO) » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:19 pm

Post by Cephrir »

I'm aware that my reaction to you replacing into this game and that other one are quote similar. It's because that's how I react to nonsense. If anything I'm more annoyed this time because I'm actually town and have to wrangle you into voting correctly and understanding the game state in addition to actually figuring out who is scum.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4251 (ISO) » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:34 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 4250, Cephrir wrote:I'm aware that my reaction to you replacing into this game and that other one are quote similar. It's because that's how I react to nonsense. If anything I'm more annoyed this time because I'm actually town and have to wrangle you into voting correctly and understanding the game state in addition to actually figuring out who is scum.
Let's start there.

You say I am being irrational. Why?

Which of my premises are irrational to you:

1) This is MyLO.
2) Mass claim should occur in MyLO/LyLO.
3) Flavor seems to be important based on the mod's first post.
4) Using meta and comparing reactions.
5) Questioning why LLD didn't policy lynch herself despite her saying on day four she would.
6) Flavor seems to follow each person's death highlighting important actions.
7) The Japanese mafia has been mentioned in multiple flavors.
8) The only player with a Japanese name is Hebichan.
8.5) Therefore Hebichan is likely scum.
9) LLD said she is a hider.
10) LLD said she visited Hebichan and mhsmith0.
11) Hebichan was not killed on the next night despite being an "innocent" and mhsmith0 was.
12) This means that Hebichan is a godfather to hiders or LLD is scum with Hebichan assuming point 8.5 is true.

What is "nonsense" about this?
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4252 (ISO) » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:01 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 4251, MathBlade wrote:3) Flavor seems to be important based on the mod's first post.
OK, reading it I can see why you think this, but I think that the "puzzle" just refers to the game of mafia.
In post 4251, MathBlade wrote:5) Questioning why LLD didn't policy lynch herself despite her saying on day four she would.
As much as I never agreed it was the right move for her to do this; it is a bit suspicious and I do suspect her.
In post 4251, MathBlade wrote:6) Flavor seems to follow each person's death highlighting important actions.
7) The Japanese mafia has been mentioned in multiple flavors.
8) The only player with a Japanese name is Hebichan.
8.5) Therefore Hebichan is likely scum.
I am not convinced this follows. It's pretty rare for flavor to be significant, and if it is, I would expect the mods to be a bit less amateurish than essentially hinting the name of the person who did it. Plus, if this is a mechanic, what happens if you get a scum kill from a player who there isn't a way to easily hint at the name of? Me, for instance? If I changed my avatar you'd be SOL on making a mechanic like that apply to me which suggests it's not a good mechanic and wouldn't be done. Overally though, I'm really hesitant to think the flavor posts are just going to give away who is scum, I haven't seen that since 2005 on the first site I played on and I think it would be pretty lame.
In post 4251, MathBlade wrote:9) LLD said she is a hider.
10) LLD said she visited Hebichan and mhsmith0.
11) Hebichan was not killed on the next night despite being an "innocent" and mhsmith0 was.
12) This means that Hebichan is a godfather to hiders or LLD is scum with Hebichan assuming point 8.5 is true.
There's no rule that says scum have to shoot innocent results. Perhaps they were more afraid of Brian, who was universally townread and a pretty good scumhunter, than hebi, who while possibly clear is a low-impact player.

Also, I'm just not really interested in considering the "hebi is scum without LLD" angle. I think the whole idea of putting hider-godfathers in this game where hider is essentially the only town power would be very lame.
Bartleby the Scrivener
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4253 (ISO) » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:41 pm

Post by MathBlade »

"I am not convinced this follows"

Which premise do you find doesn't follow?

Are you attacking the idea a mod wouldn't do it? >> See Gay Mafia where it was "amatuer ish" but still done and you were in that game. I have seen multiple games where results were posted there. Gay Mafia is the most recent one to memory.

Or are you saying given 6 >> 8.5 doesn't apply?

In regards to give away scum, it is 50/50 when there is flavor announcements.

And I see you aren't interested in that but did you forget I am a claimed power role? And I can distribute the other PRs.

And my predecessor had given all the shots to Town?

Yes there isn't a hard and fast rule but it is -EV. If you don't shoot confirmed Town scum has to deal with it down the line and that conf townie having more influence.

E.g. Scum are probably going to try to kill me to stop the randomness.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4254 (ISO) » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:41 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 4253, MathBlade wrote:"I am not convinced this follows"

Which premise do you find doesn't follow?

Are you attacking the idea a mod wouldn't do it? >> See Gay Mafia where it was "amatuer ish" but still done and you were in that game. I have seen multiple games where results were posted there. Gay Mafia is the most recent one to memory.

Or are you saying given 6 >> 8.5 doesn't apply?

In regards to give away scum, it is 50/50 when there is flavor announcements.

And I see you aren't interested in that but did you forget I am a claimed power role? And I can distribute the other PRs.

And my predecessor had given all the shots to Town?

Yes there isn't a hard and fast rule but it is -EV. If you don't shoot confirmed Town scum has to deal with it down the line and that conf townie having more influence.

E.g. Scum are probably going to try to kill me to start the randomness.
Ebwop
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4255 (ISO) » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:58 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 4254, MathBlade wrote:Are you attacking the idea a mod wouldn't do it? >> See Gay Mafia where it was "amatuer ish" but still done and you were in that game. I have seen multiple games where results were posted there. Gay Mafia is the most recent one to memory.
No.... it wasn't.... they didn't do that.... you just thought they did..............
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4256 (ISO) » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:00 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 4253, MathBlade wrote: And my predecessor had given all the shots to Town?
Did she? How do we know that?
In post 4253, MathBlade wrote:Yes there isn't a hard and fast rule but it is -EV. If you don't shoot confirmed Town scum has to deal with it down the line and that conf townie having more influence.

Meh. I don't think anyone is scrambling to fall in with hebi's reads since she hardly posts any.

Brian's reads were probably good. They usually are. And he was never getting lynched, which is close enough to confirmed town.
Bartleby the Scrivener
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4257 (ISO) » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:02 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 4255, Cephrir wrote:
In post 4254, MathBlade wrote:Are you attacking the idea a mod wouldn't do it? >> See Gay Mafia where it was "amatuer ish" but still done and you were in that game. I have seen multiple games where results were posted there. Gay Mafia is the most recent one to memory.
No.... it wasn't.... they didn't do that.... you just thought they did..............
Arrogant Gay doctor

The docs were literally in the Flavor Cephrir...Do I have to quote end game and dead chat?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4258 (ISO) » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:04 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 4256, Cephrir wrote:
In post 4253, MathBlade wrote: And my predecessor had given all the shots to Town?
Did she? How do we know that?
In post 4253, MathBlade wrote:Yes there isn't a hard and fast rule but it is -EV. If you don't shoot confirmed Town scum has to deal with it down the line and that conf townie having more influence.

Meh. I don't think anyone is scrambling to fall in with hebi's reads since she hardly posts any.

Brian's reads were probably good. They usually are. And he was never getting lynched, which is close enough to confirmed town.
They are all dead except Regfan and Regfan is town because reasons.

So yes.

And Brian's reads we're LLD and Hebi scum. You realize that right?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4259 (ISO) » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:31 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

@morph
: Hey, random question: would you put thinly veiled references to the player names of scum in the flavour? Thanks.
Wandering but not lost
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4260 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:39 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 4257, MathBlade wrote:
In post 4255, Cephrir wrote:
Arrogant Gay doctor

The docs were literally in the Flavor Cephrir...Do I have to quote end game and dead chat?
do you know what flavor is
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4261 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:40 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 4258, MathBlade wrote:They are all dead except Regfan and Regfan is town because reasons.

So yes.

And Brian's reads we're LLD and Hebi scum. You realize that right?
Giving a bulletproof vest to someone doesn't make you town

I hadn't checked.
Bartleby the Scrivener
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4262 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:53 am

Post by MathBlade »

Subject: Gay Mafia III - Deadthread / Spec Thread
Titus wrote:
In post 39, Tammy wrote:I will laugh if Fedora is really just a loud messenger and decided to claim loud doc and everyone is just buying it up.
I would never do this as town. I never really considered it as scum. Wouldn't seem pro win con.
The actions Titus did were put in the flavor and Titus was killed on Easter when her flavor was Jesus Christ. How the hell do you forget/not check that?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4263 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:55 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

the myth of Jesus doesn't say he was killed on Easter though
balance among all things
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4264 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:01 am

Post by MathBlade »

viewtopic.php?p=8964830#p8964830

^^ @Cephrir really??? You "forgot" you've seen this exact same thing before and I am unreasonable for seeing a flavor pattern?

@drealmerz that is why it is funny. The myth says that is when Jesus came back to life. So being killed on Easter was hilarious. Can't believe Cephrir forgot that.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4265 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:16 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 4262, MathBlade wrote:Subject: Gay Mafia III - Deadthread / Spec Thread
Titus wrote:
In post 39, Tammy wrote:I will laugh if Fedora is really just a loud messenger and decided to claim loud doc and everyone is just buying it up.
I would never do this as town. I never really considered it as scum. Wouldn't seem pro win con.
The actions Titus did were put in the flavor and Titus was killed on Easter when her flavor was Jesus Christ. How the hell do you forget/not check that?
Her role was that her actions were announced. Not in the flavor. Just announced. In a flavorful way, sure. It wasn't hidden in a fucking puzzle.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4266 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:17 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 4264, MathBlade wrote:viewtopic.php?p=8964830#p8964830

^^ @Cephrir really??? You "forgot" you've seen this exact same thing before and I am unreasonable for seeing a flavor pattern?

@drealmerz that is why it is funny. The myth says that is when Jesus came back to life. So being killed on Easter was hilarious. Can't believe Cephrir forgot that.
I didn't forget anything.
Bartleby the Scrivener
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #4267 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:39 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 4259, serrapaladin wrote:
@morph
: Hey, random question: would you put thinly veiled references to the player names of scum in the flavour? Thanks.
We would not.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4268 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:42 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 4267, morph the cat wrote:
In post 4259, serrapaladin wrote:
@morph
We would not.
Okay then someone of scum has Japanese flavor.

I hope someone is a flavor cop in this.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4269 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:47 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

as a moderator who heavily uses flavor I would absolutely use flavor to tell what has mechanically happened and not necessarily do it explicitly, as long a the setup and mechanics of the game allow for that, I wouldn't do it arbitrarily, and I can see 'loud' applying to what math is pointing out in the flavor (except it would absolutely have to be tied to the role flavor and not player name/avatar flavor)

p-edit: exactly
balance among all things
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4270 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:52 am

Post by MathBlade »

What do you make of Cephrir trying to shut that idea down?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4271 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:00 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

I don't know

I know if I were scum and it were true of a scumbud, I wouldn't try to shut the idea down, but I could see it being done

I might be swinging back to my D2 stance of lynch hebi THEN LLD though
balance among all things
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4272 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:05 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 4271, drealmerz7 wrote:I don't know

I know if I were scum and it were true of a scumbud, I wouldn't try to shut the idea down, but I could see it being done

I might be swinging back to my D2 stance of lynch hebi THEN LLD though
VOTE: Unvote

That isn't the proper order.

We have to nail scum every time. We need to make sure we hit scum. If Hebi is scum then most likely LLD is.

Honestly LLD is the answer today if anyone because of her refusal to policy lynch d4.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4273 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:06 am

Post by MathBlade »

I have to go to work but if someone could summarize all the claims and such (flavor and mechanics) that would be amazing.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4274 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:08 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

errr, more because she's been a total scumfuck all game, but, I hear ya (:
balance among all things

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”