Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:19 pm

Post by Lalendra »

I wasn't saying Havo is trying too hard to look town. I was saying that being that aggressive can be risky. I don't necessarily have a read on Havo either way yet.
acidphoenix
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:19 pm

Post by acidphoenix »

egg how to improve your reads rn

step one: don't vote for quick

step two: i haven't read your other reads so who knows

pagetop too

pedit dammit lalendra
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:23 pm

Post by Lalendra »

In post 176, acidphoenix wrote:pagetop too

pedit dammit lalendra
:lol: :lol: :lol:
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:38 pm

Post by LicketyQuickety »

In post 151, Egg wrote:
lickety wrote:I think Acid could be Town here for giving me a quick Town read. I've played with them a few times.
lickety wrote:Good player. Sniffed me out pretty handedly in our second game together on D1. We had quite the 1v1 there. I caught him in the previous game. Its kinda ballsy for Acid to give me a quick Town read unless they don't really respect my play. I think they are a tone reader for the most part, but they are actually good at it
These two things together feel weird to me. The first feels like lickety is shrugging him off as town with little reason. The second feels a lot more calculated. This could be buddying a player who caught him before in hopes that he gets overlooked this time. But then at the same time, some of the language doesn't feel like buddying. It feels more...bitter? Like he has some kind of animosity towards acid. I'm looking at "kinda ballsy" and "don't really respect my play". But then he goes right back into a compliment by saying he's a good tone reader. It just feels so unnatural to me.
acid wrote:quick i respect your town play but based on f+v i don't think the statement that i'll be certain of your alignment soon enough is unfair at all

i don't think i've seen your scum play
Funny. These don't seem to go together either unless the first statement didn't have to do with meta but that wasn't the impression I got.
I think you missed the part about Acid NOT being the person I thought they were?
In post 151, Egg wrote:I'm pretty surprised at Lickety's post 101. The Boon vote seemed to be following a town read (Shea) while 101 gives the impression that that never happened like that. I'm trying to think what changed in that time and Shea voting Lickety is the obvious thing there. It seems like Shea, in Lickety's mind, very quickly went from solid town worth following to a guy that makes no sense when he talks. I understand the vote somewhat changing Lickety's view here, but it's almost like he's trying to alter the past. The whole "double down, triple down" thing sounds like Lickety was never satisfied with Shea's play when the Boon vote suggested otherwise. The jump OFF of Boon two posts later is pretty convenient too but I might just be at the point of comfirmation bias there.
Not sure if you are saying my read on Shea has change or if you are talking about Shea's read on me. In any case. My read on Shea has not really changed.
In post 151, Egg wrote:
Lelandra wrote:Can you elaborate on what this means? I'm also confused about why you voted me and then continue your dialogue with TSQ. If you think what he is doing is scummy/bad play, why wouldn't you vote him instead? (Not saying I think you should, I'm not getting a strong scumlean on him; just trying to understand your thought process here.)
Lickety is probably worried OMGUSing would look bad.
Funny guy. I can see why you like the name egg. Nope not afraid of OMGUS, I've done it a few times (ask Uzi).
In post 151, Egg wrote:
Lickety wrote:First, she says lunch, which means she has played before
lol, what? You lost me. I mean yeah she's played before but what does saying "lunch" have to do with that? lol
I wanted to see if she had played off site before playing here. Most people do play somewhere else before coming here now days. Lalendra, have you played off site?
In post 151, Egg wrote:
Lickety wrote:She wraps up her reads saying "The people that have contributed a goose egg are my Scum reads" when earlier she said she had no read on those players.
Where do you see that?
Look at her reads on Toco and Shadd. In her reads list it appeared like they were a Null read considering she tagged them as "I need to see more from you" or something like that. Then she lists them as her strongest Scum reads.
In post 151, Egg wrote:
Lickety wrote:Then she takes Acids harmless comment as an accusation and finds the need to defend themselves. Why do you feel the need to defend yourself against that?
Maybe it's just me but that felt more like acknowledging a request that Acid made than a defense.
Did Acid ask a question to Lalendra? I forget.
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
acidphoenix
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:41 pm

Post by acidphoenix »

wait lol

did lalendra actually reply to "unexplained readslists goat" with "i know i don't have enough explanation.."

hahaha

also no i didn't
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:43 pm

Post by schadd_ »

In post 130, Errantparabola wrote:schadd-- What I'm reading might just be a facet of his GD posting style. But I am wary of early townreads that seem confident ("LQ/ep townblock").
kinda late for me tbqh.

lq is pretty lmao and stretchy but still mostly within town boundaries

egg's wall didn't have any bangers. like if it were a gun it would have a silencer.

acid seems town actually. in the turbo game i played with him he was scum and rather unnatural, and he isn't like that here which as i mentioned i would be hesitant about but he's also posting as though this were a turbo so. somewhat strong tr.

uzi guttown

ep has some small town telly things that idk if they are good at faking.

ep vs tchill is probably some alignment vs. some alignment

tea's queue vote sorta not RVS
free darius mccollum
todays featured user: mith

Mumble
Mumble
Mafia Scum
Mumble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:49 pm

Post by Mumble »

In post 176, acidphoenix wrote:egg how to improve your reads rn

step one: don't vote for quick

step two: i haven't read your other reads so who knows

pagetop too

pedit dammit lalendra
Hi. Who are your partners?

VOTE: acidphoenix
acidphoenix
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:51 pm

Post by acidphoenix »

i have 9 of em
thinking they include quick, errant, schadd_
probably egg and tchill too

not as sure about the other four
acidphoenix
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:53 pm

Post by acidphoenix »

who are yours
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:55 pm

Post by Lalendra »

In post 178, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 151, Egg wrote:
Lelandra wrote:Can you elaborate on what this means? I'm also confused about why you voted me and then continue your dialogue with TSQ. If you think what he is doing is scummy/bad play, why wouldn't you vote him instead? (Not saying I think you should, I'm not getting a strong scumlean on him; just trying to understand your thought process here.)
Funny guy. I can see why you like the name egg. Nope not afraid of OMGUS, I've done it a few times (ask Uzi).
Okay then, answer my question. If it wasn't fear of OMGUS what was it?
In post 178, LicketyQuickety wrote:Lalendra, have you played off site?
I played like two games on another site, three years ago I think? MS is the only other site I've been on.
In post 151, Egg wrote:
Lickety wrote:Then she takes Acids harmless comment as an accusation and finds the need to defend themselves. Why do you feel the need to defend yourself against that?
Maybe it's just me but that felt more like acknowledging a request that Acid made than a defense.
was more of a suggestion than a question, but I was asking a question in return (not sure I got an answer actually).
acidphoenix
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:56 pm

Post by acidphoenix »

maybe not tchill i might be thinking of not this game

given lalendra reminding me of that

i don't remember why i voted him now
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:56 pm

In post 169, Lalendra wrote:
In post 143, LicketyQuickety wrote:First, she says lunch, which means she has played before, and its not typical of people on this site to say Lunch as much as elsewhere on the net.
Actually that was my phone autocorrecting lynch to lunch. I caught it the second time, but not the first. Reading way too much into autocorrect lol. Plus you can look at my history on this site to see how many games I've played, I think it's maybe six? (Not taking the time to check right now) I would consider myself a newbie compared to most others on this site, yes.
My mistake, I don't have a cell phone so I don't know about that stuff.
In post 143, LicketyQuickety wrote:Second, She says she is not on board with my lynch... because she was also considering claiming VT straight out of the gate... Wut? Like I feel she is trying to say its Townie of me to point out that it could be a reaction test, but instead she goes into full detail of giving too much info about her role for zero reason. I can see how VT might want to claim to survive longer, but as I already stated, the fact someone else already claimed VT it takes away any ability to use "I'm VT" as a reaction test. So given that she HAS played before (assuming she played a newbie game here) Its likely she already knows not to just claim your role for zero reason. That's why I posited that either she is just a poor player or is Scum in so many words.
I never claimed to be good. It was an approach I had never tried, and really, why would two VT claims be any less effective than one? It gives people more to talk about, if anything.
We are talking about doing the same exact reaction test that was just discussed. Do you think that would actually work? When it was discussed that the first time it could have been a reaction test?
In post 143, LicketyQuickety wrote:"I'm a fan of reads list, especially this early" This is not something a newb should be saying... like.. at all.
Why not? It helps me organize my thought process and get feedback from other people, maybe consider angles I hadn't yet. Not sure why that makes me not a newb.
I'm not saying it doesn't make you a newb. What I meant was that it implies you have some knowledge about why reads lists are a good practice to do early. This is a very hot button issue and some people think D1 in general isn't good for getting reads. The way you phrased it seemed like you had some insider knowledge about this.
In post 143, LicketyQuickety wrote:In her read on Chill, she is basically saying she disagrees with someone who is much more experienced than herself. Then she says she hasn't done a meta dive on Chill yet. OK, but like, what are you waiting for?
I was at work and have other shit to do?
K, as long as that is all it is.
In post 143, LicketyQuickety wrote:Their read on me... "I'm thinking Town, but not sure" Does it get any more hedgy than that?
Pretty sure I flat out said that I wasn't super confident in any of my reads yet and that's why I didn't vote.
Yeah, but earlier you said you didn't want to lynch me. Seems like a knee jerk reaction when you first said that?
In post 143, LicketyQuickety wrote:tsq... Take not of the "on that one" This looks like it could be a kind of coverup based on word choice. Not to mention that generating content is what you are
supposed
to do as either alignment.
Okay? I'm not sure how "on that one" is a coverup, can you elaborate?
Its the only time you have used that phrase. It implies there is something special about your read on that person.
In post 143, LicketyQuickety wrote:How the absolute FUCK is playing as aggressively Pro-Town risky? Like that is what you are supposed to do to get a Town read, right?
If you're aggressively pro-town as scum, it's risky because it can be transparent. Trying TOO HARD to be town. If you're aggressively pro-town as town, it can lead to you being mistaken as scum who is trying too hard.
I try to be aggressive as both Town AND Scum because if I just do it as Town and not as Scum then people pick up on that and it ends up being an easy read to make.
In post 143, LicketyQuickety wrote:She wraps up her reads saying "The people that have contributed a goose egg are my Scum reads" when earlier she said she had no read on those players.
I didn't say that, but nice way to spin via paraphrasing.
In the information you gave on your reads, you gave no indication that you thought either Schadd or Toco did anything Scummy. All you said is that you need to see more from them.
In post 143, LicketyQuickety wrote:Then in her P-Edit she does exactly what tsq accused me of doing, but does tsq even look at Lalenda? Why not? Because they are a newb so all is forgiven?

I said I was open to the idea if I was presented with more evidence, but obviously was not confident enough to vote, because...well, because I didn't.
I was more addressing this to Shea than you.
In post 143, LicketyQuickety wrote: Then she takes Acids harmless comment as an accusation and finds the need to defend themselves. Why do you feel the need to defend yourself against that?
I didn't think I was defensive in this post, I was just responding to something that was said.
I could be reading too far into it.
In post 143, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 114, Lalendra wrote:
In post 103, LicketyQuickety wrote:VOTE: Lalendra

This needs rope.
Can you elaborate on what this means? I'm also confused about why you voted me and then continue your dialogue with TSQ. If you think what he is doing is scummy/bad play, why wouldn't you vote him instead? (Not saying I think you should, I'm not getting a strong scumlean on him; just trying to understand your thought process here.)

Havo - Are you serious about Mumble? If so, why not vote him?
LAMIST.
How is that LAMIST?
This wasn't really addressed to you either.

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:01 pm

In post 184, Lalendra wrote:
In post 151, Egg wrote:
Okay then, answer my question. If it wasn't fear of OMGUS what was it?
Not sure I got this question from you the first time around. Not quite sure why you think it was YOUR question when Egg was the person who made that comment. We will see how good Uzi's memory is shortly.
In post 178, LicketyQuickety wrote:Lalendra, have you played off site?
I played like two games on another site, three years ago I think? MS is the only other site I've been on.
Thanks for the info.
In post 151, Egg wrote:
was more of a suggestion than a question, but I was asking a question in return (not sure I got an answer actually).
OK

Mumble
Mumble
Mafia Scum
Mumble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:02 pm

Post by Mumble »

In post 183, acidphoenix wrote:who are yours
Obviously 3-4 of the ones you listed. Not sure yet.
acidphoenix
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:03 pm

Post by acidphoenix »

what about the other 5-6

:think:
Mumble
Mumble
Mafia Scum
Mumble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:05 pm

Post by Mumble »

Welp. Not sure yet. Not enough info.
acidphoenix
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:09 pm

Post by acidphoenix »

well who's on the other team

like good guesses not like the last one
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:10 pm

Post by Lalendra »

I'm satisfied with my dialogue with LQ for the moment. I'm getting tired and it seems like I thought some stuff was directed at me that wasn't so tell me if there were any questions that I didn't answer.
acidphoenix
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:10 pm

Post by acidphoenix »

lalendra who's town
Mumble
Mumble
Mafia Scum
Mumble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:13 pm

Post by Mumble »

In post 191, acidphoenix wrote:well who's on the other team
I think you're better able to tell me, not that I think you will.

But, you are helping to clear people, so....thanks!
acidphoenix
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:14 pm

Post by acidphoenix »

pls do to mafia, is more effective

tyty
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:23 pm

In post 192, Lalendra wrote:I'm satisfied with my dialogue with LQ for the moment. I'm getting tired and it seems like I thought some stuff was directed at me that wasn't so tell me if there were any questions that I didn't answer.
Hang on a minute. I did ask you a few questions in my response.

Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:49 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

In post 159, Tchill13 wrote:Errant or licketey quickety what do you think of acid?
Was actually thinking of maybe voting him until which was something i summarily agreed with and now I'm slightly more hesitant
I feel like there's something I'm missing here-- definitely townreading at least one scum imo

Egg: In response to our LQ discussion--
1) I think "unfiltered" sort of roughly matches up with "town." Scum playing like they're unfiltered are always filtering at least something, I feel. I don't think that's what's happening here. I acknowledge I could be wrong on this.
2) Yup :>
3) I dunno, doesn't it seem like such a careless thing for a hypothetical scum to throw out there? Does LQ scum normally open with something like "yeah I'm stupid and say stupid things?"

Guess I'll just quickly toss out some of my own list again

Some reasons to believe they're town: chill, LQ, egg guy
I'd like to think they're town, have some maybe doubts: LUV (maybe no doubt though?), acid
Generally agreeable but no real impression: Havo
Cannot be allowed anywhere near LYLO: tacos
did another ms user do something lovely? recognize their achievements here!

Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops.
--implosion
provided
Mumble
Mumble
Mafia Scum
Mumble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:50 pm

Post by Mumble »

In post 195, acidphoenix wrote:pls do to mafia, is more effective

tyty
Disagree. Clearing town is much more effective than thinking you've found mafia.
acidphoenix
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:52 pm

Post by acidphoenix »

i may have misinterpreted 194 then

?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”