Post Post #762 (isolation #0) » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:34 am

Post by fferyllt »

{Something Smart, Arcade Pals, 2IAM}
{Porkens}
{gerryoat randomidget}
{Chickadee, Creature}
{Action Dan}
{Ashnard}

Something Smart's reach out to us in his first post struck us as something scum-him wouldn't do after the For Us micro. I liked that he expressed a little paranoia (after the fact) about our response (calling him our page 1 townread). He kept his distance in other ways, too, especially regarding our Ashnard scumread. I have the slightest, tiniest niggles because he bought our role-use so easily. He saw us gambit as a town hydra in the earlier game we played and I feel like the question should have crossed his mind and prompted a little caution. But, on the gripping hand, he's playing very much in-the-moment in this game, and his scum play in For Us was way more pause--wall--pause-wall.

Arcade Pals - we're giving bonus town points here, also, for the reach-outs. I hope we're correct in doing so. The very natural-feeling reaction by Maria to our outing our role and targeting their townread ("I wish you'd talked to me about that!") also gives us townfeels.

2IAM has felt like brash town looking at the surface level of the game from his first post onward. I think the thing that sold this read to us so thoroughly that we bump him up to the top tier is the post where he ragged on Cabd to stop posting in txtspeak. It just didn't feel like something a scum partner of Ashnard would do right after we confscummed him.

Porkens - ffery would probably put him in the next tier up on her own. This is where he is by consensus. The paranoia felt real, and it feels like he's behind on site meta regarding roles, which makes sense given his play-frequency. Pretty sure a scum buddy would have clued him in on a couple things like the impossibility of a lyncher and more recently the nature of masons in non-bastard games, especially a scumbuddy who's claiming masons.

gerryoat is moved up a notch or two simply on the basis of his reaction to the day 1 guilty.

randomidget confuses ffery. She had him as likely scum, but the way he expressed his recalcitrance over just answering Something Smart's questions feels a little more like a town attitude than a scum one to us.

Creature has moved up from our initial gut reads; because Cabd did a bit of meta and finds the things he was scumreading to be null and something to expect from creature as both alignments. Creature generally just needs to step up his contributions to this game; or else he has no business anywhere above the line of lynchability.

Chickadee's contribution isn't terrible but it also isn't unfakeable. And we're not getting the really strong townfeel from her posts that we did in our first game with her (the ubiquitous For Us Micro)

Action Dan's posts feel really scummy to us, from his early push on Chickadee all the way to his reaction to our nailing the Ashnard guilty result.

Ashnard -- confirmed scum.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1874 (isolation #1) » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:49 am

Post by fferyllt »

Lucky, just want to say that I'm sad this intricate game design didn't get more fully exercised. You guys (and your reviewers) did a great job on the design!

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1878 (isolation #2) » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:53 am

Post by fferyllt »

ActionDan wrote:I think the game was designed well enough from the roles I see, and I appreciate the claim candy.

This would have been more of a "game" if D1 didn't open and close with that gambit. Game swung way too hard to town after. (side note: while as town I don't think I would have ever voted Morph after the results of D1,
I don't think that gambit should ever be employed again.
)
I agree, actually. It took years off my life and I'm still mourning the smoking wreckage that is my meta.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1888 (isolation #3) » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:17 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1885, Lucky2u wrote:
In post 1874, fferyllt wrote:Lucky, just want to say that I'm sad this intricate game design didn't get more fully exercised. You guys (and your reviewers) did a great job on the design!
thanks btw. I was super excited to see some of the roles payoff and I am sad they didn't. The Cthulu role was my biggest disappointment to not see used.
We loved our role, in much the way we loved the post-restriction-giver in the first boardgame upick. It became clear by day 2 that we probably weren't going to be able to use the role, but we enjoyed it anyway in a "lol we're the likeliest nk but wheee" manner.

It would have been mortifying to get lynched in late game due to never getting our ability to fire, but it was going to be even more mortifying to be lynched for gambiting AFTER we admitted we had gambited on day 2.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1930 (isolation #4) » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:59 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1929, TwoInAMillion wrote:I don't feel the game design should be changed mid game and asking for a fake claim is trying to change the game design. Asking may not be against the rules but it gives the appearance you are trying to manipulate the mod
You should probably assume that fake claim requests happen in many games at MS, especially the theme games.

I disagree that it's a change in the game design, but that's irrelevant to my point that you should expect them to happen.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1932 (isolation #5) » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:04 am

Post by fferyllt »

That's why I said "requests". Even in games where fake claims are given to scum during pregame, they often decide to claim something different and ask the mod to make the fake claim flavor fit the overall game flavor.

This is a thing that happens at MS, so it would be good for you to assume it happens when you're playing.

Idic

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”