Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #139 (isolation #0) » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:41 am

Post by Egg »

Reading up now...

Shea, have you played with boon before?

Lickety,
what were you hoping to accomplish by outting boon's claim as a possible reaction test before most people had reacted?
<- EP beat me to it. I'm keeping it here though because I didn't like it. In case it's not obvious, the reply didn't satisfy me either.

EP, what felt town about lickety's first few posts to you?

Lalendra, you called claiming immediately a "tactic". Can you explain what the goal of doing so would be?

Acid, why is lickety probably town? Any reads other than lickety and tchill?

phone battery is gonna die. will pick up at post 64 from a computer semi shortly.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #151 (isolation #1) » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:18 pm

Post by Egg »

lickety wrote:I think Acid could be Town here for giving me a quick Town read. I've played with them a few times.
lickety wrote:Good player. Sniffed me out pretty handedly in our second game together on D1. We had quite the 1v1 there. I caught him in the previous game. Its kinda ballsy for Acid to give me a quick Town read unless they don't really respect my play. I think they are a tone reader for the most part, but they are actually good at it
These two things together feel weird to me. The first feels like lickety is shrugging him off as town with little reason. The second feels a lot more calculated. This could be buddying a player who caught him before in hopes that he gets overlooked this time. But then at the same time, some of the language doesn't feel like buddying. It feels more...bitter? Like he has some kind of animosity towards acid. I'm looking at "kinda ballsy" and "don't really respect my play". But then he goes right back into a compliment by saying he's a good tone reader. It just feels so unnatural to me.
acid wrote:quick i respect your town play but based on f+v i don't think the statement that i'll be certain of your alignment soon enough is unfair at all

i don't think i've seen your scum play
Funny. These don't seem to go together either unless the first statement didn't have to do with meta but that wasn't the impression I got.
Tchill wrote:Alright it's day one and we're on page 5 I'm not sure what I should be talking about yet. What do you want me to discuss?
This bothers my gut, but it's also the kind of thing that made me scum read tchill the last time we played together and he was town there. Ugh.

Shea. I asked you if you've played with boon because of this:
Boon wrote:I’m known for claiming like 5 different times as town. I’m THE reaction test player on site. I believe every post matters.
The types of thing Boon would say in a game:
1) "I'm a VT lol... I was reaction testing... I always do this as town... I swear it's not a trust tell but maybe it is...Shit did I break rules confirming myself as town?"
2) "I think this person is town but I wanna hammer lol...Is that L-1? I'm gonna hammer...VOTE HAMMER VOTE.... lol I always do stuff like that as town"
3) "I'm a VI... Yeah whatever I do is because I'm VI not because I'm scum...SELF VOTE, I claim scum... UNVOTE nah I'm just VI...You should probably vote me, I'm claimed scum"

You get the idea. I understand just about anyone scumreading Boon the first time they play with him. It was interesting though seeing him post in the dead thread of a game he modded because he showed an understanding of mafia I never knew he had. I haven't played with him since that. He's just so hard to read and it's now one more thing I'll have to factor in. But yeah, I like Boon but he's just so frustrating to play with sometimes.

EP, some of Tchill's pointing out obvious things might be because he's still a somewhat newer player. I think I played a good 20-30 games before I stopped coming into LYLO with a post along the lines of "Nobody vote, scum can win with a quick hammer, omg!". I'm really not sure how to read Tchill yet though. I'm 0 for 1.

Lalendra,
-I wouldn't rule out Boon pulling a "ballsy" move as scum. This is kinda devil's advocate because I'm not scumreading him, but your logic just doesn't apply here.
-What about Havo's posts is "aggressively pro town" and why is that risky for scum? This definitely stands out to me as a weird read.
-I can't tell what your read on EP actually is. Care to clarify?
Lelendra wrote:Mumble and Egg, where you at?
I disappear for a couple of days every week. I work 16 hour days 2-3 days at a time with zero internet access at work and my time between shifts is dedicated to sleep and getting ready for the next shift (although sometimes I can check in on a slow game before I go in). So yeah I may have some trouble keeping up at times. I'm off til Friday though.

I'm pretty surprised at Lickety's post 101. The Boon vote seemed to be following a town read (Shea) while 101 gives the impression that that never happened like that. I'm trying to think what changed in that time and Shea voting Lickety is the obvious thing there. It seems like Shea, in Lickety's mind, very quickly went from solid town worth following to a guy that makes no sense when he talks. I understand the vote somewhat changing Lickety's view here, but it's almost like he's trying to alter the past. The whole "double down, triple down" thing sounds like Lickety was never satisfied with Shea's play when the Boon vote suggested otherwise. The jump OFF of Boon two posts later is pretty convenient too but I might just be at the point of comfirmation bias there.

Lelandra wrote:Can you elaborate on what this means? I'm also confused about why you voted me and then continue your dialogue with TSQ. If you think what he is doing is scummy/bad play, why wouldn't you vote him instead? (Not saying I think you should, I'm not getting a strong scumlean on him; just trying to understand your thought process here.)
Lickety is probably worried OMGUSing would look bad.

Lil, can you translate those smilies to actual text? What were you trying to point out in Tacos' posts? What is your opinion on them?

lol, what? You lost me. I mean yeah she's played before but what does saying "lunch" have to do with that? lol
Lickety wrote:She wraps up her reads saying "The people that have contributed a goose egg are my Scum reads" when earlier she said she had no read on those players.
Where do you see that?
Lickety wrote:Then she takes Acids harmless comment as an accusation and finds the need to defend themselves. Why do you feel the need to defend yourself against that?
Maybe it's just me but that felt more like acknowledging a request that Acid made than a defense.
EP wrote:As for why I townread LQ:
1) He's dominating the game in a way that makes me really feel like he's town without a filter.
2) I know meta is very unreliable especially with such a small sample size but I use it to ground my early game reads-- looking at his town and scum games, I get the sense that he tries to be helpful more when he's scum, trying to take a strong supporting role with questions and pushes. (This is very common for people when they play scum I feel). There's none of that here.
3) Some of his posts, like 26, are something I can't really imagine coming from scum.
1) This is more of a playstyle tell than alignment for most people. Can you explain why it's town here?
2) Hmm. k.
3) Why not?
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #171 (isolation #2) » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:08 pm

Post by Egg »

In post 153, acidphoenix wrote:i mean

based on the one game i had with quick i honestly feel i could tell 99+% of the time if he wasn't that

mostly, quick in that game was the most sure townread i've ever had and i got the impression that that was how he played most games

including, so far, here
I thought lickety said he was scum in that game. Well, if not, you have no way of knowing if he as scum is good at playing to his town meta or not. With one game, yeah you have some basis and something to go by. But your level of confidence in meta reading someone you've played one game with just makes no sense.

Havo, based on what you said about him I don't see why you have boon as a null read and not at least a slight scum read. Also, do you think that lickety and shea (thestatusquo) could be scum together? I found it interesting that they are your top two scum reads.

Lalendra, it's in quotes because it was your word, not mine. And your answer to that question is fine. But I think you have a different definition for pro town than the one I'm used to but if you are saying havo is trying too hard to look town, that would make sense as a reason why someone could be scum. But where is havo doing that?

I forgot to vote lickety in my last post

Vote Licketyquickety
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #174 (isolation #3) » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:16 pm

Post by Egg »

In post 172, Sergtacos wrote:
In post 171, Egg wrote:
In post 153, acidphoenix wrote:i mean

based on the one game i had with quick i honestly feel i could tell 99+% of the time if he wasn't that

mostly, quick in that game was the most sure townread i've ever had and i got the impression that that was how he played most games

including, so far, here
I thought lickety said he was scum in that game. Well, if not, you have no way of knowing if he as scum is good at playing to his town meta or not. With one game, yeah you have some basis and something to go by. But your level of confidence in meta reading someone you've played one game with just makes no sense.

Havo, based on what you said about him I don't see why you have boon as a null read and not at least a slight scum read. Also, do you think that lickety and shea (thestatusquo) could be scum together? I found it interesting that they are your top two scum reads.

Lalendra, it's in quotes because it was your word, not mine. And your answer to that question is fine. But I think you have a different definition for pro town than the one I'm used to but if you are saying havo is trying too hard to look town, that would make sense as a reason why someone could be scum. But where is havo doing that?

I forgot to vote lickety in my last post

Vote Licketyquickety

WTF!!!! WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU VOTING FOR LICKETY?!
You can't be bothered to read the like 3 posts in my ISO?
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #234 (isolation #4) » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:51 pm

Post by Egg »

In post 175, Lalendra wrote:I wasn't saying Havo is trying too hard to look town. I was saying that being that aggressive can be risky. I don't necessarily have a read on Havo either way yet.
Which brings me back to wondering why it's risky and where you saw him being aggressive...
Acid wrote:egg how to improve your reads rn

step one: don't vote for quick
Someone who I'm not impressed with so far tells me to change my vote and doesn't give me a reason. Let me think on that. Oh wait, nah, don't need to.
Lickety wrote:I think you missed the part about Acid NOT being the person I thought they were?
That doesn't erase the weird buddying/animosity combo I saw there. It's more about where your head was at when you thought Acid was that person. Your thoughts felt calculated there and even if those are no longer your thoughts because of a mistake you made, I still didn't like possible motivation behind those posts.
Lickety wrote:Not sure if you are saying my read on Shea has change or if you are talking about Shea's read on me. In any case. My read on Shea has not really changed.
The way you talk about him appears to have changed.
Lickety wrote: Look at her reads on Toco and Shadd. In her reads list it appeared like they were a Null read considering she tagged them as "I need to see more from you" or something like that. Then she lists them as her strongest Scum reads.
Oh, I thought you were trying to say she had mumble and myself as her biggest scum reads. Hmm. I dunno, the "would like to see more" felt more like an afterthought tagged on to a scum read. Like if you remove the more content part you have:
"Tacos voted Havo for voting Boon, then jumped on schadd policy wagon on TSQ, then voted tchill without explanation.
Schadd policy voted TSQ, and said "Acid is a little yikes," but did not elaborate."
^which while maybe a little IIOA, sounds more like scum reads than null reads.
Lickety wrote:Did Acid ask a question to Lalendra? I forget.
Seemed like Acid wanted more from the reads list and lalendra explained that there wasn't really any more to it. I definitely didn't read it as defensiveness.
Lickety wrote:Not quite sure why you think it was YOUR question when Egg was the person who made that comment.
Lelandra asked the question. I just chimed in.
EP wrote:Egg: In response to our LQ discussion--
1) I think "unfiltered" sort of roughly matches up with "town." Scum playing like they're unfiltered are always filtering at least something, I feel. I don't think that's what's happening here. I acknowledge I could be wrong on this.
2) Yup :>
3) I dunno, doesn't it seem like such a careless thing for a hypothetical scum to throw out there? Does LQ scum normally open with something like "yeah I'm stupid and say stupid things?"
*shrug*. Some scum are very good at coming off as unfiltered even if they aren't. I like to think I'm good at it. I know Nacho is good at it. Lickety, I'm not familiar enough with to say for sure. But whether you are town or scum, owning it when you fuck up goes a long way towards not getting lynched over something stupid. And outing reaction tells is definitely something that can get you run up, and with good reason. There's no possible town motivation to stop a reaction test dead in it's tracks. But as scum it can stop your buddies from falling into traps. Now if you do that and then react poorly, yeah, you open yourself up to being lynched. But by owning that you did something that doesn't help town, people tend to be more forgiving. So yeah, I can see scum doing that just as much as I can see town doing it.
Lil wrote:Egg, I was trying to express that I didn’t get Taco saying he should be a strong town read and then using tchill not having him as his strongest town read as a way to further strengthen his scum read on him. I’m not sure what to make of Taco yet but that interaction pinged me.
Ah. Yeah, that makes sense. I also found it weird, but not necessarily scummy.
Lil wrote:I have never heard of that actually. Has anyone else? Fishy reads are fishy reads regardless if you’re just starting out or a vet.
New scum can definitely have trouble coming up with "reads" but they tend to lurk and not contribute rather than give horrible reads. I didn't read Lelandra's reads as "fabricated" though so I don't see why it applies here unless Lickety wants to be more specific.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #463 (isolation #5) » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:50 pm

Post by Egg »

Ugh, 6 pages again. Catching up...

Tchill, you said mumble falls under the category of scum tending to lurk. What in his posting up to page 10 makes you think his lack of activity was alignment related? I'm also surprised to see TSQ in your null pile. Are you doing anything to try to sort him?
In post 243, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 64, LicketyQuickety wrote:I could prolly vote Boon. tsq makes a decent point on them. Plus they only have one post. The fact that they have one post doesn't invalidate that they could be doing a reaction test. On the contrary it actually bolsters my argument. But you can't read what you can't read.
@tsq and anyone else accusing me of having no progression on Boon.
The fact that he only had one post at that point meant nothing more than that he went on V/LA. It doesn't strengthen your argument. It means nothing.
Tchill wrote:this is why mumble is suspicious. Only time i played with him he lurked.
One game isn't a good sample size of this. You'd have to have a bunch of examples showing a pattern of more activity as town than as scum.

On the mumble vs taco thing...

If I was gonna vote one of them, it would be taco. Mumble looks like he's actually trying in his interactions with lalendra, and not just in the sense of trying to get town read by her. He's trying to understand her points and counter them effectively and he's trying to sort her with his questioning on why she isn't after taco. Taco just...blatantly isn't playing. He'd be more of a policy vote for me than anything and I'm still with Shea as far as having bigger fish to fry with Lickety.

I don't at all agree with Shea that their argument looked stage, or at least not in a scum/scum way. Sure, maybe Taco saw mumble posting and decided it was an opportune time to make an appearance, but even that feels like a stretch. Yes, it's weird that the two of them dominated the thread for a bit after previously doing nothing, but I don't see it being a calculated "hey let's shit up the thread so we look active" move by buddies.
Taco wrote:I really don't like this. usually town would answer any question brought up about or against them or whatever. but to be like, im not gonna answer to your question until you answer mine sounds scummy to me.
I could understand if you were reading it as poor town play, but what benefit does scum have for doing that? To me, it sounds more like town who wants his question answered.

I might be warming up to Acid with his spew your alignment game. He looks townier since he started playing it.

I'm still trying to figure out what to make of Lickety vs Havo. I'll probably just wait until one of them flips to figure that one out because I'm not getting anything more than associative tells off of those interactions and I don't want to mess around with those too much pre-flip.

Mumble wrote:Sorry for real-life stuff? I get a lot from real-time interaction, but we have a 14 day deadline. Disappearing for 30 minutes at a time and then being called out for it is a bit nonsensical.
Mumble, get used to hearing shitty arguments about activity. Everyone assumes that town has nothing to do but post here and scum is scared of any interaction at all. And a lot of the time it is subconscious. People put way too much stock into activity here.

So you have flipped out a reaction test on me, after you called out Boons reaction test.

Seems like someone who really liked to reaction test would let another players reaction test have a chance to give results. No?
Very good point

If that's true, then the limited interactions he DID have (like voting havo) give us a decent amount of information. If not, then his death will be in vain because he hasn't helped us do any scum hunting whatsoever, and I'm not going to be very happy.
I really think you're overthinking with the bolded. A lot of players feel that early reads/tells are useless and some even believe that it's impossible to figure anything out without real info (flips, results, etc). Mumble strikes me as this type of player at least on some level. Personally, I think that early in the game when everyone's role PMs are fresh in their mind is a great time to get a read, but not everyone thinks like me and I've seen the other side of things more times than I care to count. Look at Tchill showing this lol:
Tchill wrote:and day 1 is like shooting fish in a barrel i'll stand by that. literally the least amount of info we'll ever have.

Mumble wrote:I'm done. Literally, no one is reading what I write. I am being extremely transparent with my actions and comments (and my "meta scum" read is relevant since it was brought in this game).

You think I'm scum, vote me. This town obviously has no interest in honestly interacting, but would rather push meta and thoughts and games, or bend to manipulation.

Tell me at which spot my vote on myself should be at and it will be there. This is ridiculous.
It's probably a good idea to step away from the thread for a bit. Please don't vote yourself unless you are scum.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #555 (isolation #6) » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:17 am

Post by Egg »

Lickety wrote:But it would mean something if he wasn't V/LA. You are being results oriented and not process oriented.
Except...that...he IS on V/LA...? He told us this. Unless you think he's lying, I don't see the point in you saying this.
Lickety wrote:Well he left just as the thread was getting hot. Again, you can't look at what happened later after I said what I said, you have to consider what the context was at the time. And its not like he really did much, lets be honest here.
Didn't he "leave" for like 30 minutes? I've been leaving for more like 20 hours at a time. Why aren't you after me for "avoiding the thread"?
Lickety wrote:How? They were not indicating how they were reading people at all because of that. At least that is what it looks like to me.
The way he's going about it feels like he's attempting to sort the people who step up to play his game.
Lickety wrote:Make a damn stance and man up. There is nothing wrong with my case on him.
I don't believe that there is anything wrong with your case, no. Like I said, the biggest things I see in you vs havo are associative, so I'm gonna reserve judgement on those interactions. I'm not town reading Havo if that's what you are after.
Lickety wrote:Not really considering I didn't really want to cause a pile on Boon environment at the beginning of the game. That is how quick lunches happen and I try to avoid those because I have seen them happen in the past. I've talked to tsq in sitechat a bit - enough to know what he is like. And it was demonstrated that he's like a dog that doesn't let go of the rope so that's more reason to not want quick pressure on someone early from someone like him. Plus that was done at the beginning of the game when there is like nothing to go off of. Plus all it shows is that I am inconsistent, not that I am Scum.
No, the fact that you see the value in reaction tests shows that as town you'd want to let his play out. As scum, maybe you are worried about how your partners will react to it which isn't just inconsistency. It's possible scum motivation. The whole avoiding a quick lynch thing is a big change from the stupidity you first claimed too.

I'd be surprised if both lead wagons on Day 1 were on scum, but I guess them pushing you as a counterwagon is something I can't say is a crazy thought. Why is Acid on your list though? This is the first time I can recall you mentioning a scum read on him unless you count your questioning of his vote on Shea. Was that your only issue with him or is there more to it than that? There's also this:
Lickety wrote:I mean, this is Pre-Flip and I shouldn't have to explain why Pre-Flip is a bad idea

Shea, be honest with me here. Was that Mumble vote a policy or pressure vote or do you really think Mumble is scum for "staged" interactions with taco and a defeatist attitude from a newer player who got run up early in a game?

Before there’s a lynch.

Especially EPs thoughts.
Why especially EP?

Page 21 and I finally have something resembling a read on tchill. I like his posting on that page as town.

Ok, finally caught up again...
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #564 (isolation #7) » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:49 am

Post by Egg »

Lickety,
I made the comment before he went on V/LA
*checks* ... oh. Well why didn't you just say that? lol
Because you have left the thread for 20 hours consistently.Mumble has done this thing where he has been engaging in the thread and then suddenly disappears without any reason given for why they are suddenly not there.
Uhhh...
Mumble wrote:Sorry for real-life stuff?
His reason is the same as mine.
That's weird because I haven't seen Acid really make any stances during the time he was supposedly doing this.
What do you think he was doing if not trying to sort people?
If by associative you mean its pretty likely we are not SvS, then I think that should be pretty obvious at this point. I don't like you just saying "well if one flips Town the other is Scum" and I shouldn't have to explain why.
Why should it be obvious you aren't both scum? I find it interesting that you'd say that. I agree with you on the second one though.
I think you are dumbing it down to be less complicated than it really is.
And I think that these two posts don't make sense as answering the same question (why you outted boon's post as a possible reaction test):
Stupidity, mostly. Sometimes it works in my favor tho. Like when I say stuff like that it can end RVS in a heartbeat.
I didn't really want to cause a pile on Boon environment at the beginning of the game. That is how quick lunches happen and I try to avoid those because I have seen them happen in the past
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #577 (isolation #8) » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:49 pm

Post by Egg »

Lickety wrote:Yeah, but I think (not as sure on this one) that its basically the same thing again - that he said he had real life shit after I mentioned him disappearing.
No, the difference is that the first one was you showing something you'd said earlier and where your head was at at that time. This one is something we are discussing now. We have the information that mumble claims real life pulled him from the thread for 30 minutes. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you seem to still believe he chose to intentionally avoid the thread. I think that lying about RL is unethical, so I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt when it comes to RL. Do you disagree?
Lickety wrote:Trying to Look like he was trying to sort people. I am completely undecided on Acid atm. Still trying to figure them out tbh.
Fair on being undecided, but was there something about his posts that didn't feel genuine? Because I say he was sorting people and you say he was trying to look like he was sorting people. That means if you are town and this is a genuine read, we are seeing the same thing but seeing it in different ways. Is there something that stands out as just giving off an appearance there rather than actually doing it?
Lickety wrote:Because when I am looking for instances where people are not SvS I look for intent and I just assume people have come to the same kind of idea that I have about it.
That's good because that's what I do too. And it's entirely possible that the intent from a hypothetical you/havo team is "oh shit lickety is going down, better get havo some town points after the lynch happens". To be fair, it could also be scum-you trying to swing things to a havo lynch (but then I'd have to ask "why not mumble" or scum-havo going after an opportunistic lynch on a town-you who genuinely believes havo is scum. All of these are possibilities, but all of them are based on associative tells so I don't want to sort through the possibilities before I have a solid answer somewhere. But you completely ruling out the scum/scum one even from MY point of view is very interesting. Bussing happens and this would be a decent time to do it if you were both scum.
Lickety wrote:Yeah, cuz I realized I prolly should have just let what boon did run its course right after it was brought up by EP(?). In the second quote I just give the reason for why I did it in the first place.
I dunno, I'm not really following you. If you were trying to get out of RVS, that implies that without your post we stay in RVS and boon is in no danger. The second quote implies that danger. I still feel like the main ideas of those two quotes don't fit.
Lil wrote:TSQ, I think you’re still stretching with the staged thing.
I second this.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #610 (isolation #9) » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:33 am

Post by Egg »

Lickety,

If you no longer believe that mumble was avoiding the thread, I no longer have an issue there. On the whole thing with acid, I do see what you are trying to say now. I just see it differently.
lickety wrote:I am not sure what you want me to say here. I am Town and I think Havo is Scum. I don't think my read is as strong as I originally thought because I have an added perspective that not everyone can make the distinction between a wagon vote and a lynch vote.
It's really not about your read. It's more that you tried to make it sound impossible for someone who doesn't know your alignment or havo's to see you both as scum. As for me wanting you to say something, uhhh...I dunno. That's a weird way to look at it. It caught my attention and I pointed it out.
lickety wrote:My mind comes up with conclusions faster than my ability to weight out the consequences of my actions. In this specific instance, I didn't want Boon to get a huge wagon on him if he was doing a reaction test because as we have seen from what I have done with Havo, that can get you into trouble. I don't like games that have a fast start to them when it comes to wagons. I like getting out of RVS asap, but I don't like people just wagoning someone for zero reason with their reason being "pressure" because I have seen where someone hammers and then goes "oops" and then it turns out that its oops on us for not putting pressure on the hammer vote. In short, what I did with boon is make a precautionary play so that there wouldn't be a quick wagon on Boon because I don't like quick wagons because they can lead to quicklyches.
I feel like the quick wagon thing was something you thought sounded good later and when I called you out on it, I didn't think you'd run with it the way you have. I don't believe what you are saying and if I'm wrong then I'm wrong but you haven't changed my mind and obiously I'm not gonna convince you of your alignment. Everything we've discussed so far, either I'm satisfied or probably won't be. Obviously, I'll discuss new events as they happen, but I'm satisfied with ending this back and forth on old stuff if you are.

EP, why do you scum read that mumble post? I agree with a lot of what you said about him and I'm having trouble connecting the dots as far as why he's scum in all of that.

I'm also surprised that you don't see paranoia in my posts about tchill or read progression on acid, but meh. I know I tend to be guilty of tunneling because I believe in early reads/tells more than most people do.

I hate to do this but I'm hitting submit before I finish reading because I have to step away and don't want to lose my post.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #611 (isolation #10) » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:53 am

Post by Egg »

In post 585, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Don’t go to college Carca!
Wish I hadn't. All that debt just to end up in a career that doesn't require a degree.

I agree with tchill's assessment that lickety has responded worse to pressure than havo. Lickety has given off a vibe that he' pretty upset to be getting wagoned. However, I don't put as much stock into that as most people do because when I get a couple of votes or even like 3 people saying I'm scum, it gets to me regardless of my alignment. So I can see where people are coming from when they are upset and I can understand it not being an alignment thing at all.

Boon, sorry to hear all of that. I'll be hoping and praying for the best for you.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #642 (isolation #11) » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:17 am

Post by Egg »

mumble wrote: think Havo is town now because he's voting me upon request.
You don't think scum would do that?

Anyone wondering why lickety would OMGUS havo over shea as scum...simple. Which of the two is easier to win an argument with and which is an easier player to lynch? Did anyone say Shea? I didn't either.

Tchill, the "scum wouldn't attract attention" argument is one I've never liked. I don't think people who get wagoned are usually attracting negative attention intentionally. I don't see why town would do it any more than scum. Hell, I once advised a scum buddy to do it because we had a great fakeclaim lined up for him to coast to endgame with. But most people who do these things do it out of genuine frustration or from not understanding things. It's not normally an alignment tell to be run up early in a game. Even playstyles like taco tend to be styles they use as both alignments.

V/LA until Monday night

Depending on the pace of the game, you might see me post about 24 hours from now and I might make some time Sunday. But I'm working today and tomorrow 16 hours each, watching football Sunday then working over night, then sleeping most of Monday away. So mafia takes a back seat.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #674 (isolation #12) » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:23 am

Post by Egg »

Mumble, while you are right that some scum will avoid a lynch to avoid suspicion, they are perfectly satisfied with any lynch that isn't on scum. I would be pretty surprised if you are lynched, flip town, and no scum is on your wagon. This is especially true if lickety is scum because it is very important to them to swing the lynch in your direction. You saying "go ahead, lynch me" gives the an excuse to do so.

Boon, you said there's no way you're lynching lickety. I assume that means you have a strong town read. Can you explain why? (I see 659 now, but still want to know where the town read came from). Why isn't taco on your list for power role targets? He's been in my mind as a number one investigative target for most of the game (you're probably number two). Hypothetically speaking of course.
tchill wrote:Yeah we get two wagons near a Lynch and all of a sudden naked/crappy votes are going on havo.i wonder why.
This is making me uneasy as well.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #854 (isolation #13) » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:57 pm

Post by Egg »

Too many pages. Will catch up tomorrow night.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #973 (isolation #14) » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:51 pm

Post by Egg »

im behind by more than I realized. Need to sleep tonight because I've got to be up in the morning. Tomorrow I'll be at the Yankees game so that leaves Wednesday as my next opportunity to catch up.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1013 (isolation #15) » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:47 am

Post by Egg »

Vote Lickety

Can we get it right this time?
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1020 (isolation #16) » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:47 am

Post by Egg »

What's loyal? is that something new?
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1052 (isolation #17) » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:07 pm

Post by Egg »

In post 1040, Boonskiies wrote:Scum killed on the wagon, which near guarantees scum to be off the wagon. They might have one one the wagon, but could potentially be an all town wagon.
Near guarantee is a bold statement for something so rare. It's entirely possible that when making the kill scum payed no attention to the lynching wagon.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1255 (isolation #18) » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:15 pm

Post by Egg »

I'll catch up tomorrow night. Today was busy
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1287 (isolation #19) » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:59 am

Post by Egg »

Ok, so I was on Page 27 when I fell behind. I was going to just read from Day 2 start on and call it good, but I have the next four days (including today) free to read and I feel like there's a lot of info to be found in the way the Mumble wagon built compared to the Lickety and Havo votes. I'll keep my comments minimal for things that seem outdated, but I do want to read it all, so bear with me while I do that. That read is starting now. After I'm caught up, my to do list which I may or may not get to includes looking closer at stances on those wagons and an ISO of EP to see if he his reads may have factored in to the NK (obviously I'm assuming taco was a vig shot).

This vote count is old even to where I'm reading, but I stumbled on it because tchill quoted it:
Mumble(4): Sergtacos, Lalendra, Errantparabola, Tchill13 (L-3)
LicketyQuickety(4): Thestatusquo, Egg, Lil Uzi Vert, Havo (L-3)
^ Interesting that two dead townies make up half the mumble wagon. Tchill also seems to really believe in his vote. Maybe Lalendra deserves more scrutiny than I previously gave her. If she and tchill are both town, I may need to reconsider my lickety read because that implies that scum were either on lickety or perfectly content with gamestate (mumble vs lickety). If that's the case, scum are pretty hard to nail down just from this vote count. But sorting the players on Mumble is probably the first step here.
Tchill wrote:You (Acid) cconveniently all of a sudden think mumble is town and no reason is given. Nice.
This is actually a good point if it's accurate and Lickety turns out to be town because it could be a sign that Acid knows mumble is town and doesn't want/need to be on the wagon. A search for Mumble's name in Acid's ISO shows that yes this town read is new at that point. I'm already starting to believe I may have been wrong on both Acid and Lickety.
Tchill wrote:LQ and mumbles were the leading wagons. We get close to aLynch . Havo wagon gets pushed with crappy votes then the game dies. Yeah that's not questionable at all.
Tchill, I'm curious what your thoughts are here knowing that Mumble was town. After Tchill answers, I want Havo's thoughts on it too. Tchill, you also later listed Schadd as one of your four preferred lynches. Can you go into that read a little bit for me if you still believe he is scum?
Mumble wrote:I still think I should be the lynch though. There's at least one scum trying to protect/town read me. Not sure who.
mumble wrote:acid
Hmm. Did mumble get something right? Boon, you said you didn't like this. Why?
schadd wrote:hey acid u r locktown can u locktown me back
More useful later than now, but I don't think this is scum/scum.

I'm through page 34. Will do more after the kids go to bed so I can focus on just this.

Unvote
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1292 (isolation #20) » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:32 am

Post by Egg »

Ah, ok. I was looking at the second sentence, not the first. That makes more sense.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1303 (isolation #21) » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:04 pm

Post by Egg »

Lalendra wrote:Regardless of whether Mumble flips scum or town (even if I think it will be scum), we will get a lot more information from the flip and be able to start making some more informed decisions once we're out of D1 circlejerk.
Just noting that this was said so some kind of follow up hopefully happened after the flip. Otherwise it feels like justifying a mislynch before it happens.

Page 39 vote count:
Mumble(6): Lalendra, Errantparabola, Tchill13, Boonskiies, Havo, Sergtacos (L-1)
LicketyQuickety(3): Thestatusquo, Egg, Lil Uzi Vert, (L-4)

Again, two dead townies on Mumble. Lalendra and Tchill are still there. Boon and Havo have jumped on. First instinct is to say scum in Boon/Havo, but that would mean the wagon I looked at earlier is all town or two scum are on the wagon. Two scum is possible, but like I mentioned before if Lickety is town, scum don't care who is lynched. So that looks like maybe Lalendra/acid/schadd or Lickety/Lalendra/Havo (I town read Boon). Lalendra is the common name there. Another thing I want to note is that Lickety never voted Mumble. I almost feel like desperate scum at some point would realize it was one or the other and place that vote late on the wagon. Lickety feels like town who was town reading Mumble here. So that Lalendra/acid/schadd pool is looking good to me. I feel like I should add havo to that pool because that Mumble vote still makes sense from scum regardless of Lickety's alignment. Shea's hammer looks fine by the way. Day was basically over, he had mumble in his scum pool, and he gave 12 hours notice. I'm interested to see how the mumble and taco flips affect his reads though.
Lalendra wrote:Mumble, my sincere apologies if we were wrong about you.
Did this feel weird to anyone else?

So that's Day 1. End of day reads...Town-[Boon, Shea, Tchill]....Null/on fence-[Lil, Lickety, Havo].....Scum pool-[Lalendra, acidphoenix, schadd]
Acid wrote:also more importantly

dumb assumptions like that are why half decent scumteams will consider specifically throwing off that assumptions

I've totally killed the only town not voting d1 for the explicit reason that both scum were off wagon (in newbies)
You're not wrong but I've played a ton of mafia and have only seen scum stay off of a Day 1 mislynch a handful of times.
Tchill wrote:only reason i don't want to call egg obv town is because i feel like he's the only one making an effort to LOOK towny in this game.
I mean there's value in looking town as town because getting mislynched does hurt your team. But I'd argue that I've put more effort in keeping up with the pace of the game and getting reads than I have in looking town so I'm not really sure where that comes from unless maybe it's just the size of my posts like acid said which, again, comes from catching up all the time.
Tchill wrote:which would mean uzi is continually skating by while even though schadd hasn't posted much it's not like schadd is making a consistent effort to skate by.
I've had trouble reading Lil, but I wouldn't say he's skating by.
Lil wrote:Yeah I’m not a fan of vigilantes shooting players based on policy. Simply getting the majority to request for a player to be replaced is always better.
I like the shot. He had a reasonable chance of being scum and wasn't helping us as town. It's not policy if the shot came from someone who was even slightly leaning scum. I actually can't think of a better shot. But does it actually matter after the fact if it was the right shot or not?
Lil wrote:Hard claiming miller doesn’t make you confirmed town
It doesn't but he stuck to his guns when Boon started changing the details of his "result".
Lickety wrote:The Lynch is going to be between me an Uzi today. Is that ok with everyone?
If you'd asked me Day 1, I'd have said sure because I wanted to lynch you anyway. But now, no.

I'm through 44. Gonna watch the end of the football game. Might get back to this if my wife isn't home from work yet. If she is, sorry but she takes priority over mafia.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1305 (isolation #22) » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:52 pm

Post by Egg »

Maybe change is the wrong word, but this is what I was talking about:
In post 1035, Boonskiies wrote:I’m a role cop. You want to change that Miller claim and play it off as a joke? I’ll allow that.
In post 1036, Tchill13 wrote:nope. i'm a miller.
When you went from "might be loyal", implying you got a "no result", to role cop after he claimed miller, scum tchill would probably go "oh fuck" and say something stupid. I like him sticking to miller after that. I mean obviously he's not gonna go "um, lol yeah I was joking" but some kind of "oh yeah here's the result you probably got but I'm miller too" or something that covers all bases. It's not 100% because he knows you are a reaction tester and may have assumed you were bluffing, but there's always the chance you actually had a result so it's risky to lie and get a 1v1 if he's scum.

Anyway, football is over so back to reading. Not sure how far I'll get. I think I have about half an hour though.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1307 (isolation #23) » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:37 pm

Post by Egg »

Lickety wrote:Town should always have some doubt.
Lil laughed this off but yeah when someone isn't confirmed, I don't see how you can have no doubt. No one is that good.
Havo wrote:This is my first game with you, and I'm gonna have a really hard time sorting your slot.

I firmly believe in Lynch all Liars as town, period. And your play style as town obviously is to lie several times a game.
I don't get this. If you firmly believed in lynch all liars "period" and saw Boon as someone who has lied several times, why are you not voting him? Not that I think he should be voted, but this feels inconsistent.
Havo wrote:I believe EP was pretty much universally TR, that's why scum killed him.
Probably.

I'm reading Boon vs Acid, but I don't have much to say other than that I side with Boon so it didn't change my reads at all.
Lickety wrote:If Chills claim is true, we know there is a Cop in the game. This is obvious but it hasn't been said yet.
Why does it need to be said? The only reason to need to know this is if someone is scum who is power role hunting. Pointing it out helps scum but doesn't help town.
Lalendra wrote:PL wagons are NAI, as far as I'm concerned. Though there may be some scum who would hop on at the end, it's even easier to do this as scum when it's a PL than when it's a wagon with legitimate reasoning. What did YOU glean from the wagon?
Didn't like everyone on the wagon at some point say they were scumreading him? I don't think it was a policy lynch. It was people misreading poor play as scum play.
Acid wrote:nevermind was going to reread but gamestate makes it unnecessary
It does? Why?
Tchill wrote:Not sure if this is just random timing for Lalendra to post this right before egg pointed that out but i'm not crazy about lalendra stating her vote was half PL/ half scum vibes.
Yeah... The pre-flip reaction to the hammer was bad too (apologizing in case of being wrong). The fact that she was ok with lynching either mumble or lickety. And now that Acid's name has come up so much, she likes that too. She's either very impressionable or scum looking to just agree to every lynch. If it's the second option, that makes Acid probably town. *sigh*

I'm caught up and plan on doing real stuff here tomorrow. In the mean time:
Vote Schadd

Can we make this a wagon?
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1309 (isolation #24) » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:26 pm

Post by Egg »

I see where you are coming from but it's also the kind of thing I would say as scum to get people to town read me so I shrugged it off as non info even though it stood out when I saw it.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1315 (isolation #25) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:31 am

Post by Egg »

In post 1311, Thestatusquo wrote:Egg, perhaps I missed it but why are you not voting acid?
Because I want to vote Schadd right now.
Lalendra wrote:It's me admitting that I had some doubt about whether he was scum or not, because while I scumread him, I'm not confident enough in my reads to say that he is definitely scum, as opposed to just apathetic/bad townie.
Ok, but usually when you say a flip will give info, you start the next day by sorting through that info. Not by saying it was a policy lynch and there is no info to get from it.
Lalendra wrote:It shouldn't, it was sincere. Being a mislynch sucks, regardless of how scummy/bad your play might have been, and he reacted emotionally to the pushing a few times, so I felt the apology, in the case of a ML, was warranted. Because
Yeah, townies should have doubt. But my first thought when the lynch I want goes through isn't "sorry if I'm wrong". It's "I hope I was right". So it felt weird. Like it wasn't doubt, but knowledge that he was town and you felt bad for putting him through that.
Lalendra wrote:I'd like to think that I'd play better than that as scum.
But not as town? Because what I said isn't good play for town either. It really does feel like you just agree to every wagon. I went back and looked and maybe you aren't quite as on board with Acid today as it felt like initially though. But still, you don't seem to oppose it. Or really any wagon that comes up. I mean, maybe havo? The way you were ok with both major wagons yesterday though was in the back of my mind and mumble's town flip combined with my new town read on Lickety has pushed it towards the front.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1318 (isolation #26) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:24 am

Post by Egg »

In post 1316, Tchill13 wrote:I'm still leaning town on lalendra. While her method of getting to her reads maybe questionable her actual reads are in the same ball park as mine. Egg seems to be putting a lot of pressure on lalendra without actually voting her.
Can I only have one scum read now?
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1323 (isolation #27) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:39 am

Post by Egg »

In post 1319, Thestatusquo wrote:I think what hes saying, and what I am confused by as well, is that you seem to be devoting a lot of your attention to explaining why Lalendra is scum while voting schadd while not doing all that much to pressure schadd/explain your vote.

Its certainly an interesting thing to look at if you or lalendra ever flip scum.
That has more to do with Lalendra's activity vs Schadd's than it does with my own views. I can't exactly have a back and forth with Schadd in less than a 24 hour period like I have been with Lalendra. Kind of thought the vote might draw him out considering he admitted he's paying attention but it really hasn't... I'm also not entirely convinced on Lalendra yet, so I want things clarified. Depending on what specifically you look at, things point to her making perfect sense as scum (her willingness to join most any wagon for example) while other things look really genuine (believing she was the biggest proponent of the mumble wagon is one example). She also kind of reminds me of someone I know very well (xofelf) but tend to always scum read because she understands the game very well but doesn't tend to formulate her own thoughts even as town. So Lalendra is someone I feel I need to interact with to read better. The same is true with Schadd but he just doesn't give me as much to work with. You also asked me about Acid before, and as I said before I do scum read him. I'll probably be fine with switching my vote there later in the day. I just wanted to see if Schadd would come out of hiding if I could get a wagon going on him.
Lalendra wrote:I wouldn't be on board with a havo wagon, at present. I'm having a really tough time sorting Acid so I would be more open to swinging either way on that one. It was a coincidence yesterday that I felt that LQ and Mumble were both scummy, but my view on LQ has since changed. Though he pushed me a lot, his points made sense, and I get an overall town vibe from his play.
See, this is where I'm just not sure what to think. Your thoughts on Lickety mirror my own so I can understand the process obviously. But you seem to be keeping thoughts on Acid close to your chest. You say you are on the fence. Why is that? What are you doing to try to change that? It almost seems to me that you want to wait and see if he's gonna be one of today's wagons before deciding.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1324 (isolation #28) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:25 am

Post by Egg »

I did the EP ISO thing, but I don't feel like it means a ton. It took some work so I don't really want to just get rid of it. It will be here spoilered. Consider it an info dump that I might come back to later. Biggest take away is that if the following were scum, EP made perfect sense as a kill [schadd, shea, havo], if the following were scum the EP kill was ok for them [lil, boon, acid], and if the following were scum they probably wouldn't have suggested an EP kill [tchill, lalendra, lickety]. The problem is this far from clears that last group because they could have buddies in the other groups or could have just killed EP for looking town. All it does is slightly implicate the first group.

Spoiler: EP stuff
Ok, I have EP's ISO up. I'm gonna look at mentions of all living players other than myself (I have no reason to analyze this but if anyone cares 579 was EP's most meaningful mention of me). I'm also only putting limited stock in this because I realize a player's reads are only one of many reasons they can be NK'd.

1.Lil Uzi Vert

-LUV feels incredibly not-scum but IDK if I'm underestimating his scum game, and I might evaluate more closely in the future. We'll say town for now.
-Does anyone with good LUV experience/Shea have a reads justification on him
Bunch of people randomly saying he's town or he's scum without anything discrete i feel
-I'd like to think they're town, have some maybe doubts: LUV (maybe no doubt though?),
-LUV has been incredibly low impact to me as a player
What scum-lil would probably feel
:
Low priority kill, but could be fine. Appears to be townreading me but might change later.

2.Boonskiies

-Boon's response is fine in this context IMO.
-also Boon is another person who should be allowed nowhere near LYLO
-I like Boon's set of posts
-i'm not saying boon is town, I'm just saying I like his reads because his reads are great.
what scum-boon would probably feel
:
He seems to like me for now but could be a threat later. Decent kill

3.Tchill13

-VOTE: Tchill
Shea and others join me on this wagon and we shall ride to great justice
-1) Fact remains that Tchill is still a fine wagon as someone who has had 7 posts to advance the game but has actually done almost nothing.
-I'm not gonna put the whole thing here but post 89 is a bunch of points against tchill <- These are my words, not EP's
-I know its a really stupid thing to be falling for if you're scum, but this deliberation into revote seems pretty transparently towny
-LQ/Lal/Chill I have some concrete reasons to feel are not scum at this point in time
-The only difference I see between Tchill's unjustified vote that resulted in you VI-reading him and LQ's unjustified vote that resulted in you scumreading him, to me, looks like a real reach to find motives that I strongly believe comes from scum a lot less than you think it does
-Some reasons to believe they're town: chill, LQ, egg guy
-acid I think I missed your reasoning on why chill is your top scumread
Actually I'll say two things,
1) I'm worried that my townread on chill is stagnating from some early game interactions,
so 2) anyone who scumreads chill please let me know why so it saves me the trouble of figuring out why myself
What scum-tchill would probably feel
:
Ok, he came after me but I seem to have passed all of his tests. The stagnating read thing stands out but we don't need to kill here.

4.Lalendra

-I'm feeling Lalendra, LQ town. May commit to a short meta-dive on those players in the early game, in the near future
-LQ/Lal/Chill I have some concrete reasons to feel are not scum at this point in time
-Interested in looking closer at lalendra
-Second shea on lalendra here. (Again my words, not EP's after this disclaimer but for context Shea had said he liked something of Lalendra's)
What scum-lalendra would probably feel
:
Ok, not sure why but he town reads me. Not sure what he wants to look into but I want to keep him alive.

5.LicketyQuickety

Uhhhh. This has 38 matches for a search of "LQ" and 7 more for "Lick", but to summarize EP had Lickety as a strong town read and later said Lickety is fine as a lynch if we need to push one through.
What scum-lickety would probably feel
:
Let's not kill this guy. He's actually on my side.

6.acidphoenix

-Was actually thinking of maybe voting him until 148 which was something i summarily agreed with and now I'm slightly more hesitant
-I'd like to think they're town, have some maybe doubts: LUV (maybe no doubt though?), acid
-3) Acid
The whole "spew your alignment" shenanigans makes acid look townier, but I'm still very unsure. The way that acid is approaching this game makes me seem he's very comfortable, which is pretty towny under mild/consistent pressure that I feel like would generally get a scum reaction. Ultimately it's a weak read :<
-acid I think I missed your reasoning on why chill is your top scumread
What scum-acid would probably feel
:
I wish he'd solidify that town read, but so far so good. Possible threat later?

8.schadd_

-schadd-- What I'm reading might just be a facet of his GD posting style. But I am wary of early townreads that seem confident ("LQ/ep townblock"). I think scum easily put forward that (and often do) in early game as a non-harmful way to seem engaged and productive. In the end, that's not really a reason to be scumreading someone.
My words again: There are a couple more mentions but nothing noteworthy.
What scum-schadd would probably feel:
I'm not really on his radar but he doesn't seem to have a favorable opinion of me either. Might be worth killing before he gets around to looking closer.

9.Thestatusquo
(Again there are a bunch of mentions but here are the ones that stand out)
-*lurks harder*
VOTE: Thestatusquo
-You're right conceptually but also being unfair I think.
-*insert quip here*
-Shea, I think your LQ push is questionable.
-while I think that Shea is being perfectly reasonable saying he thinks the same about Mumble as I think about Havo, I also think that he is wrong.
What scum-Shea would probably feel
:
He's not going after me hard or even calling me scum but man this guy doesn't agree with me on anything. Could be a problem later. Decent kill.

12.Havo

-2) Havo's 31 is unnecessarily chip-on-shoulder. Unfortunately I couldn't find any scum games from him, so there's really nothing to look into there (and perhaps there wouldn't be anything to look into even if there were scum games to read). But early Havo ISOs in other games have him being pretty personable. Thoughts, Havo?
-IDK about Havo but I would like an answer to 2) in 69 (it's not that important, but still)
-4) Havo
I would be very okay with a Havo lynch. He's getting frustrated by pressure on him and stagnating his approach to the game around it. Scum does that a lot. Over the past few pages my reads have actually developed closely in the direction of what schadd says in 468 -- acid townier, Havo scummier, and less confident about scumble. In the end I'm actually still okay with a mumble lynch, despite disagreeing a lot of the reasons people are bringing up for scumble, and my Havo read isn't actually strong enough to counter the inertia of my vote just yet.
-Maybe I didn't express myself well enough but I think that LQ and mumble responded to pressure differently (from both each other and from Havo) that I think is quite telling in a way that makes Havo seem more suspicious in my eyes. I have quotes to back this up and while I think that Shea is being perfectly reasonable saying he thinks the same about Mumble as I think about Havo, I also think that he is wrong.
-Post 629 has a bunch against Havo <-my words, not EP's
-In any case-- I think Havo is a better wagon than Mumbles.
What scum-havo would probably feel
:
oh shit.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1333 (isolation #29) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:09 pm

Post by Egg »

Boon, that was about EP not me.

Tchill, so schadd is a complete null for you? I ask because yesterday you seemed to scum read him and were cool with a lynch on him even though it was never close to happening. Today you call him a policy lynch and are borderline defending him. It has me confused.

Lickety, I think you're right. I don't believe I used the quote button. But I've definitely stated my issues with schadd today.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1335 (isolation #30) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:30 pm

Post by Egg »

It makes perfect sense. Schadd was supposed to be a pressure wagon to get him talking and read him better. I'm much more comfortable with acid as a lynch and maybe even lalendra (although there are still things to sort with lalendra).

Unvote, Vote Acid
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1356 (isolation #31) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:32 pm

Post by Egg »

In post 1340, Havo wrote:
In post 1307, Egg wrote:
Havo wrote:This is my first game with you, and I'm gonna have a really hard time sorting your slot.

I firmly believe in Lynch all Liars as town, period. And your play style as town obviously is to lie several times a game.
I don't get this. If you firmly believed in lynch all liars "period" and saw Boon as someone who has lied several times, why are you not voting him? Not that I think he should be voted, but this feels inconsistent.
Because I don't see what Boons done as an outright lie. It was a Gambit IMO.

And my views on LAL don't work here. The majority of players on this site don't agree with it, so I either spend my game tunneling a policy lynch or I can play the game.
Every bit of this is fair, but you were the one who brought up lynch all liars. So why bring it up if you don't believe it applied?
Boon wrote:I was in this game and was directly interacting with Why in that situation. He was playing around because I claimed SK, also page 1. It is no where near the same thing, but if you were just making a joke, then that’s fine.
Completely irrelevant, but this reminded me of one of the funniest things I've ever seen in mafia. Player calls someone a SK in RVS. Alleged SK claims SK, accuses first player of being scum day cop. Alleged SK is lynched and ACTUALLY flips SK.
viewtopic.php?f=54&t=9690
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1383 (isolation #32) » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:48 am

Post by Egg »

Lil wrote:Schadd, who do you think is scum and why?
schadd wrote:mmmph i don't wanna do this rn
Uhhhh....
Schadd wrote:in a waiting for reactions way and also in an i just took a midterm and my thoughts on everyone aren't plastic enough to be able to do the why part well atm way
Fair, but any estimate when you'll have the time?
Lickety wrote:Uzi still isn't really doing anything. I could lynch that.
People keep saying this but I don't understand why.
Lickety wrote:I'm not going to hammer this early in the day.
Lickety wrote:Not sure if I want to vote Acid or not due to self hammer (which I think is a likely possibility).
What are we still waiting on?
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1398 (isolation #33) » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:05 pm

Post by Egg »

In post 1397, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 1335, Egg wrote:It makes perfect sense. Schadd was supposed to be a pressure wagon to get him talking and read him better. I'm much more comfortable with acid as a lynch and maybe even lalendra (although there are still things to sort with lalendra).

Unvote, Vote Acid
I did not even see this. This is why everyone should use vote tags. There is really no excuse not to use vote tags.
I joined the site when vote tags didn't exist. Bolding votes is second nature. How is it any harder to see than vote tags? And why does it matter that Shea "altered" a vote count? He gave a more current one than what we had.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1415 (isolation #34) » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:18 pm

Post by Egg »

In post 1408, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 1404, Boonskiies wrote:If there’s a vig, I suggest LQ.
I am the vig dumbass.

Like how is that not obvious at this point?

I said over and over and over that I wanted toco lynched. Look who gets viged? You really think that is a coincidence? Honestly I thought people would be able to piece it together because of how fucking obvious it was.
It was possible scum hadn't noticed. And by naming possible targets, you've helped scum. If you don't know why, we'll talk post game.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1418 (isolation #35) » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:27 pm

Post by Egg »

In post 1417, Tchill13 wrote:It's pointless to discuss. Seriously.
^This.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1723 (isolation #36) » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:13 pm

Post by Egg »

I'll look at this tomorrow. Sports were too good today.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1797 (isolation #37) » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:37 am

Post by Egg »

I read up through Page 62 and a little into 63 and lost my post.

Basically...

My head is very close to where Boon's is. The lynch should be between Lil and Schadd. Difference is I prefer Schadd.

I also saw the possibility of Lickety as SK until Schadd pointed out the 10:3 mod confirmation. Lickety is town unless someone else claims the Taco kill.

I don't agree with Lalendra being in Lickety's proposed town block.

I saw that I'm confirmed as either town unless Boon turns out to be scum. Cool.

Boon is pretty much town, but paranoia reminds me he could be a scum rolecop.

I feel that Boon, Lickety, and myself NEED to be on the same page. So Lickety claiming Boon slipped followed by Boon's self vote pissed me off. Lil or Schadd. Pick one. Those are the only acceptable lynches today. After that, we figure out the other of the two along with the pool of [Havo, Lalendra, Shea]. Any tinfoil theories surrounding claims come later. Lickety, I'm asking you to temporarily trust Boon and Tchill and keep anything else in the back of your mind. Boon, I'm asking you to ignore Lickety's suspicion on you for now and work together to solve this game.

I'm going back to reading now.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1798 (isolation #38) » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:43 am

Post by Egg »

Actually, kids are screaming and crying. Will come back to this when they are sleeping.

Happened to see on this page Boon suspects me now though. Does a vanilla result include goons or something?
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1805 (isolation #39) » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:04 am

Post by Egg »

Don't town read me for not knowing your role's details. It's something I would fake as scum.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1812 (isolation #40) » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:55 pm

Post by Egg »

In post 1809, Boonskiies wrote:
In post 1806, Lalendra wrote:I don't think we're anywhere near the point at which we would want to massclaim. That only helps scum.
I disagree, and I find the people backing off of it at this point scummy.
I'm actually with lalendra here. It's not like we're at a loss as far as who needs to be lynched. The info isn't needed and will only help scum with their actions.

Also have unexpected plans so probably won't have a chance to finish that read tonight.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1851 (isolation #41) » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:06 pm

Post by Egg »

In post 1815, Boonskiies wrote:Why should Egg be 100% for me? He easily could just be a goon, which I expected from the start.

LQ is the only one I can be -00%, technically. Also, I believe Havo is town 100%
Huh? Why havo?
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2258 (isolation #42) » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:30 am

Post by Egg »

I said I'd stay out of this but I need to know ow.

Boon why exactly did you think I was scum? Is it because I did a few things to try to look town?
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2297 (isolation #43) » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:54 am

Post by Egg »

Eddie this was me trying to bring town together:
In post 1797, Egg wrote:
I feel that Boon, Lickety, and myself NEED to be on the same page. So Lickety claiming Boon slipped followed by Boon's self vote pissed me off. Lil or Schadd. Pick one. Those are the only acceptable lynches today. After that, we figure out the other of the two along with the pool of [Havo, Lalendra, Shea]. Any tinfoil theories surrounding claims come later. Lickety, I'm asking you to temporarily trust Boon and Tchill and keep anything else in the back of your mind. Boon, I'm asking you to ignore Lickety's suspicion on you for now and work together to solve this game.

I'm going back to reading now.
I fucked up choosing lil/schadd but had the right idea there. She was in my next pool. And after that was sort boon and tchill if they were still alive. I was far from perfect but I think this was a good post by me. I wouldn't have picked right but maybe the three of us as a group could have if we'd worked together for a couple of lynches.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2298 (isolation #44) » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:55 am

Post by Egg »

Uhhhh that should read Shea was in my next pool. Duck auto correct
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2299 (isolation #45) » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:55 am

Post by Egg »

Fuck
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2301 (isolation #46) » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:21 am

Post by Egg »

I wouldn't say that. My reads were terrible. I pushed lickety acid schadd taco and lalendra before getting to any actual scum. Oh add havo to that too
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2303 (isolation #47) » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:42 am

Post by Egg »

Ok
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2376 (isolation #48) » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:53 am

Post by Egg »

I agree with Quicks shot on taco being a good one. Taco, you weren't obvtown. Your "style" was going to lead to a mislynch and it's not town's fault for not townreading you. If you keep playing that way, you will run into that a lot.

I also agree that Boon's replace out was frustrating. Sorry boon but it wasnt the right thing to do. If you are worried about becoming toxic, you are self aware enough to check yourself without replacing out. I almost never like seeing replace outs. They change the game too much.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”