Dance of the Title Fairy: Accepting Applications

A subforum entirely dedicated to the discussion of titles. The title fairy has carte blanche in this subforum.
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3272 (isolation #0) » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:53 pm

Post by GreenLiquid »

Nominate Not_Mafia for
Hab SoSlI' Quch!
Avatar courtesy of Chickadee! | GTKAL
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5537 (isolation #1) » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:04 am

Post by GreenLiquid »

vonflare asked me to chime in, and I wanted to propose an idea: doing this for only untitled users seems a little unfair to people who already have titles -- what if an extra info field was added to user profiles with a list of their scummies? That way, nobody would be left out, and users with multiple awards would have them all represented.

As for the original proposal, I think it's a nice idea even if it might be kind of weird seeing as nobody really knows me for modding games anymore. I guess it's just a neat nod to people's pasts.
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5593 (isolation #2) » Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:45 pm

Post by GreenLiquid »

The Title Fairy's role has always been to veto titles that aren't up to snuff, and in that regard automatically tallying the noms/nths for a title doesn't really change anything. All it really does is make it easier / more objective for the Title Fairy to see what level of support or opposition a title has in the thread, which is something they would need to ascertain anyway. It doesn't preclude their role in vetoing bad titles.

I guess the concern would be that the Title Fairy would lean too heavily on the votes when deciding titles to the point of okaying a title that goes against their judgment if it has overwhelming support. That may be so, but I don't see how that counts as an argument against the vote count mechanism itself.

Return to “Player Titles”