drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4775 (ISO) » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:54 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

ceph, can you please handhold me slowly through why sakura/MB can't be scum?
balance among all things
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4776 (ISO) » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:58 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 4774, drealmerz7 wrote:how about focus on the actual game

elaborate on your "something is missing" wtf are you talking about?
I am and if I say while LLD is not online it spoils it.

There is something missing and I want to have LLD respond.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4777 (ISO) » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:00 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 4775, drealmerz7 wrote:ceph, can you please handhold me slowly through why sakura/MB can't be scum?
You know I'm actually realizing maybe I don't have as great a reason for this as I thought I did.

Maybe I'll remember something after sleeping on it.

I was gonna say that role isn't ever scum.

But actually it's only proven by Reg saying so?

Still, I don't see how it could be scum without him if I'm recalling that D2 interaction correctly.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4778 (ISO) » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:02 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

maybe it's just a scumrole that can detect 1x in the game who received the dream and nothing more
balance among all things
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4779 (ISO) » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:03 pm

Post by Cephrir »

I guess I'll look back at some point and see if I can articulate that more sensibly or realize I'm wrong.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4780 (ISO) » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:04 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

thanks
balance among all things
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #4781 (ISO) » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:07 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

I'm here, what do you want Math?
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4782 (ISO) » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:11 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 4781, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:I'm here, what do you want Math?
Describe the traditional LyLO voting strategies. Just a simple overview as if I am a newb.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #4783 (ISO) » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:19 pm

You don't vote until you've talked with everyone, because the goal of today is not to be an egotist and use your vote as pressure, but rather to ensure that all the town are on a wagon together. We cannot afford to call a townie "Stupid" and leave them off it, because we will lose.

So voting early, no matter how certain, is horrific. You think my vote wouldn't be on him right now if it wasn't LYLO?

Baring that, if a situation arises where votes do get put down, then you will either see the scum try and coordinate a quick hammer (admittedly harder with 3 people) or you will find out that the people who are voting in cross are not town together.

You should then lynch in that pool, because it's at worst 50% to hit scum.

Does that sum it up for you?

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4784 (ISO) » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:23 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 4783, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:You don't vote until you've talked with everyone, because the goal of today is not to be an egotist and use your vote as pressure, but rather to ensure that all the town are on a wagon together. We cannot afford to call a townie "Stupid" and leave them off it, because we will lose.

So voting early, no matter how certain, is horrific. You think my vote wouldn't be on him right now if it wasn't LYLO?

Baring that, if a situation arises where votes do get put down, then you will either see the scum try and coordinate a quick hammer (admittedly harder with 3 people) or you will find out that the people who are voting in cross are not town together.

Almost.

Describe cross voting.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #4785 (ISO) » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:26 pm

In post 4784, MathBlade wrote:
In post 4783, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:You don't vote until you've talked with everyone, because the goal of today is not to be an egotist and use your vote as pressure, but rather to ensure that all the town are on a wagon together. We cannot afford to call a townie "Stupid" and leave them off it, because we will lose.

Almost.

Describe cross voting.
See the bolded?

If one person votes another, one of two things happen

Either scum organize a quick hammer (which is harder at 3 people, you have to expect the scum are prepared).

or

One or both of the players involved are scum, and you won't see a quick lynch.

As I explained above, in this situation you always lynch in the duo, because at MINIMUM you have a 50% chance of hititng scum and it's easier to unite a town around a dichotomy than having multiple egos crying for different lynches.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4786 (ISO) » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:28 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Correct.

And if we are lynching in Drealmerz and you

Then why wasn't your vote on Drealmerz?

In your eyes he would be conf scum?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #4787 (ISO) » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:36 pm

In post 4786, MathBlade wrote:Correct.

Of course he is. Ask yourself what I said earlier. My interest is in talking to all of the townies and get them on the same page. My vote doesn't matter right now.

More importantly, look who hasn't really been around. Regfan and TWIE. One of them is scum, one of them is town. I need to figure out which one it is.

Right now, Drealmerz is scum, he's always been scum, but he's a distraction. I need to find the townies.

It's Drealmerz/Cephrir/???

Got it?

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4788 (ISO) » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:38 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 4787, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:

Of course he is. Ask yourself what I said earlier. My interest is in talking to all of the townies and get them on the same page. My vote doesn't matter right now.

More importantly, look who hasn't really been around. Regfan and TWIE. One of them is scum, one of them is town. I need to figure out which one it is.

Right now, Drealmerz is scum, he's always been scum, but he's a distraction. I need to find the townies.

Got it?
And you aren't voting Drealmerz because?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4789 (ISO) » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:39 pm

Post by Regfan »

Jesus christ the thread exploded while I was away.

Reeeeeeeeeally contemplating a LLD/Hebi/Dreamlz world right now, I'm going to read through the meta links that Dreamlz provided and see if voting his quickly is something he does as town but the vote being that early, the response towards the vote being removed and the interaction about why he hadn't voted again afterwards combined with Hebi playing the "I want to put these two to the side and lynch elsewhere, can I vote TWIE" feels like scum just creating a theatre situation where they'll win by trying to make to make us think X/Y are unaligned and leverage that to potentially either get a lynch elsewhere or have the other cleared upon their flip.

Still don't really see the scum reads on Cephrir, so if that's a read you still hold and somewhere you're even contemplating voting today Math then I need to you to promise me you'll talk it out before dropping down a vote there.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #4790 (ISO) » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:40 pm

In post 4788, MathBlade wrote:
In post 4787, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:

Got it?
And you aren't voting Drealmerz because?
You're fucking stupid.

I just explained it to you.

Why are you so fucking stupid, are hyou being deliberately dense? Are you trying to make me mad? is that your goal? IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT? OH LLD IS SO TOWN WHEN SHE'S ANGRY, LET'S MAKE HER ANGRY?

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4791 (ISO) » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:40 pm

Post by Regfan »

Cephrir, would like this though;

Try and type your read on ever player in two lines per play, completely unfiltered ad unedited first thoughts that come to your mind.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4792 (ISO) » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:41 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 4789, Regfan wrote:Jesus christ the thread exploded while I was away.

Reeeeeeeeeally contemplating a LLD/Hebi/Dreamlz world right now, I'm going to read through the meta links that Dreamlz provided and see if voting his quickly is something he does as town but the vote being that early, the response towards the vote being removed and the interaction about why he hadn't voted again afterwards combined with Hebi playing the "I want to put these two to the side and lynch elsewhere, can I vote TWIE" feels like scum just creating a theatre situation where they'll win by trying to make to make us think X/Y are unaligned and leverage that to potentially either get a lynch elsewhere or have the other cleared upon their flip.

Still don't really see the scum reads on Cephrir, so if that's a read you still hold and somewhere you're even contemplating voting today Math then I need to you to promise me you'll talk it out before dropping down a vote there.
The vote by Drealmerz makes a vote anywhere else besides LLD and Drealmerz is impossible.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4793 (ISO) » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:42 pm

Post by Regfan »

@LLD - The point that Math is getting at is that from your point of view if Dreamlz is town the games over if he's not going to unvote you and most scum teams would have had a chance to blitz you at this point (Think TWIE is the only person that hasn't been online since) so therefore he's either confirmed scum to you or the world where you're both town is a world we are never winning.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #4794 (ISO) » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:42 pm

Drealmerz is a fucking distraction, I want to spend my time finding the 4th Townie.

It's you, it's Hebi, it's me and there's one more.

Why would I vote Drealmerz, when I can do that at any time, instead of just focusing on figuring out which of TWIE and Reg is scum?!?!!

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4795 (ISO) » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:43 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

regfan you're overthinking it, AND, trying to figure me out based on how I've played in previous games is a BAD idea (which I say in so many games)

omg, LLD, you are so fake

CAN'T PPL TELL THE FAKE?!?!?!
balance among all things
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #4796 (ISO) » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:44 pm

In post 4793, Regfan wrote:@LLD - The point that Math is getting at is that from your point of view if Dreamlz is town the games over if he's not going to unvote you and most scum teams would have had a chance to blitz you at this point (Think TWIE is the only person that hasn't been online since) so therefore he's either confirmed scum to you or the world where you're both town is a world we are never winning.
And I acknowledged this, and I've never thought he was town.

I'm saying that my vote is irrelevant. I don't want to vote him and have him beetlejuice in here and create 10 pages of worthless fucking noise.

And I especially am not going to do it because fucking Math asked me to, of all fucking people.
Last edited by morph the cat on Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4797 (ISO) » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:44 pm

Post by MathBlade »

TheWayItEnds -- Town lurksac maaaybe??
Regfan -- ObvTown
Cephrir -- Weird vibes
drealmerz7 -- Fake as fuck
MathBlade -- me myself and I
hebichan -- extremely anti Town play unsure how to label. Likely only scum with LLD if scum
Lady Lambdadelta -- Confusing
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #4798 (ISO) » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:44 pm

In post 4795, drealmerz7 wrote:regfan you're overthinking it, AND, trying to figure me out based on how I've played in previous games is a BAD idea (which I say in so many games)

omg, LLD, you are so fake

CAN'T PPL TELL THE FAKE?!?!?!

YOU SEE THIS BEETLEJUICE SHIT?

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU START TALKING ABOUT HOW SCUMMY DREALMERZ IS.

HE SHOWS UP AND MAKES NOISE.

THIS IS ON YOU MATH. LET ME FUCKING TRY AND READ TWIE AND REGFAN SO I CAN FUCKING WIN THIS GAME FOR YOU GOT IT?

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
hebichan
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her/Hisss

Post Post #4799 (ISO) » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:45 pm

Post by hebichan »

In post 4789, Regfan wrote:Jesus christ the thread exploded while I was away.

I don't want to sort LLD/Drealmerz because I'm not confident I can read LLD.

It's really that simple.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”