For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:23 pm

Post by Jingle »

Spoiler: Wall of Quotes!
In post 101, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
In post 99, Flubbernugget wrote:I'm also surprised you're up and down a new guy's tone yet haven't said anything about me. I've had a shift after a job change a lot of older players immediately picked up on.
because i've determined that you're town.
Oh? Please tell.
In post 102, Awoo wrote:General question, how often making a dumb move like self voting in RVS is an actual scumtell as opposed to a weird/noob playstyle tell?
Rarely, but it's frequently worth exploring in RVS due to the low impact nature of RVS.
In post 104, Wickedestjr wrote:Eh. Not a lot for the first three pages. I kind of liked Dunkerdoodles saying "everyone on this page is town". I think UC's entrance felt kind of townish to me too, if anything - felt slightly relaxed/fearless. I kept my vote on Jingle for a reason - I don't understand his 1000% confidence comment that he made earlier - especially when I feel like I could have easily made those posts as scum. I feel good about everything else I've seen from him, but want him to explain that still. Reading the last page, more then.
Could have? Yeah, mosdef. Would have? Not if you remember who I am and what I'm like.
In post 105, TwoInAMillion wrote: I don't see anything wrong with being aggressive. I have a history in my games of being town, and being town read, so I know what I need to do to catch scum. There is no downside to being aggressive early unless you are
scum
lynched for it.
FTFY. And there are actually other downsides, but getting into them now is both a waste of my time and directly harmful to my win condition as town.
In post 110, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:maybe hats what he was saying was mastin-inspired... ? i don't know. i've never been great at reading jingle so i'll let him prove it elsewise i guess. i'm not feeling awesome about him but i don't want to go down that road just yet. i'd like to compare notes with the two of you until something doesn't click and go from there while sorting the people i don't know actively.
Pshhh. You wouldn't lynch me day one if I were a guilty child.
In post 117, skitter30 wrote:
In post 58, Jingle wrote:Not alt, but think more along the lines of Xayzeck than a normal newbie. Particularly, he played a game with aphix where his play rather impressed me as town, and I'm not seeing the same thingies here.
(She please)

I dunno who that is so I'm assuming this is a compliment lol. I also replaced into that game day2 and had a lot more to work with than ~20 posts made by people who clearly have a lot of history/context with each other that I'm missing.
First, I apologize in advance if I mess up any genders. It's something that matters 0% to me personally, so I frequently forget that it matters to other people. It's not intentional, but there's a good chance I will slip up and refer to people by the wrong gender later on in the game.

Second, yes, it is a compliment. While Xay doesn't play much (if at all) anymore, he was my pet newbie for a while (the newbie I would follow around and give advice to after his games) because he impressed me with his first on site game.

Third, it's not an available information thing, it's a I think town you is more likely to engage in the things actually worth discussing than to ignore them and throw out a shitty RVS vote when there's a wagon ready made.
I was asking about the Dunker/Wicked/Flubber votes cuz I thought it was odd that you were townreading Dunker and nullreading Flubber for making literally the same post right after each other, but I'm seeing that you are familiar with Wicked/ETL/Flubber so I'm now getting why you had a different reaction to the same post made by different people.
They were actually very different posts, but I'll leave that topic for a few days from now.
In post 36, TwoInAMillion wrote:I'm a fan of double wagons day 1
VOTE: Fykus
This is all sorts of ick. Why do you want to form a double wagon on someone who still hasn't posted? Why is this a good thing (you're a fan of it?) and what info would you get out of it? And why on Fykus in particular, out of everyone who only had one vote on them at the time?

Also, I'm feeling like votes on Two are kinda opportunistic/easy? Like, he's blatantly new, and awkward and bad does not necessarily mean scum. I kinda feel like he's an easy place for scum to go at that point (ie I'm talking about Taiho's vote on Two). I vaguely feel the same way about UC.
This, to borrow a phrase, is all sorts of ick.
In post 37, ironstove wrote:Hello, I rolled town again this game.
Pinging me, dunno why atm, I'll try to figure it out.
In post 104, Wickedestjr wrote:I kept my vote on Jingle for a reason - I don't understand his 1000% confidence comment that he made earlier - especially when I feel like I could have easily made those posts as scum. I feel good about everything else I've seen from him, but want him to explain that still. Reading the last page, more then.
This is also kinda ick? You like what you're seeing from him besides for the fact that he thinks he knows your meta? I feel like this is a weird thing to vote someone for, and to *deliberately* keep your vote on someone for, especially when there are sketchier people around and you like what you see from that person otherwise.

But I'm also not sure if scum!wicked would be trying to undermine a townread town!jingle has on him if they apparently have a relationship (like why take this approach instead of buddying him or something?), and I don't think this interaction comes from scumpartners with a prior history with each other.
:neutral:
In post 123, Wickedestjr wrote:It didn't sound at all random... By disagreeing with Jingle town reading me, that seems to imply you had some reason for thinking I might be scum.
+1

Also someone mentioned the words "I don't think Jingle as scum would do that". You are objectively wrong. Things scum me has done: laugh in the post game when ETL says at least her Jingle townread was accurate (Post reveals, mind you), get shot by his own scumteam because "he was so town we'd never be able to get him lynched", play an entire game using speech to text from his phone and nothing else, begin a game by getting into a giant fight with a hydra of two of the people who know me best on site for shits and giggles, hardbus my partner D1 as a policy lynch because he was rude, take conftown thor into LYLO... Etc. Simply put, nothing is sacred and I will do whatever I damn well please as either alignment. Well... Until scum shoots me for being so obvtown they'll never get me lynched.
This is a Parachute.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:42 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

Yawn
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:43 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 123, Wickedestjr wrote:It didn't sound at all random... By disagreeing with Jingle town reading me, that seems to imply you had some reason for thinking I might be scum.
If I straight up admitted my vote was rvs it would have never rocked the bushes, no?
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:32 am

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

In post 127, Flubbernugget wrote:
If I straight up admitted my vote was rvs it would have never rocked the bushes, no?
why ya gotta go kill my first town read man....
Art is cool.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:46 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

Can't always be town read
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:22 am

Nevermind I misread that as "that would have rocked the bushes".
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:36 am

In post 116, Jingle wrote:Ooh, etl saw the things. Good.
WHAT THINGS?!
In post 117, skitter30 wrote:I was asking about the Dunker/Wicked/Flubber votes cuz I thought it was odd that you were townreading Dunker and nullreading Flubber for making literally the same post right after each other, but I'm seeing that you are familiar with Wicked/ETL/Flubber so I'm now getting why you had a different reaction to the same post made by different people.
Jingle I like this. Why don't you?
skitter wrote:I'm feeling like votes on Two are kinda opportunistic/easy? Like, he's blatantly new, and awkward and bad does not necessarily mean scum. I kinda feel like he's an easy place for scum to go at that point (ie I'm talking about Taiho's vote on Two). I vaguely feel the same way about UC.
I would have to disagree. There's something to be said for people going after "low hanging fruit" as it were, but in the RVS-gamemode transition, that's all you've got.

Also, just because someone is new doesn't mean they are town. I need to scumhunt everyone regardless of how new or old they are. Saying this is equivalent to saying, "He's been around this site for ages and ages, obviously he's big bad and scary, so let's lynch him."

I feel pretty strongly about Two at the moment. Unless he proves me wrong, or someone else shows me they are more worthy of my vote, it will stay on him.
Pinging me, dunno why atm, I'll try to figure it out.
How is saying that this pings you any different from me disliking UVC's posts or Two's attitude?
In post 82, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:JINGLE. WICKED. YALL. IVE LEGIT FOUND THE FIRST REAL SCUM. Check Two's tone in this game: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=72708
other town games readily available as well.

TOTALLY DIFFERENT.

VOTE: twoinamillion
What do you think about this: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=73333&user_select[]=30239
I think he had a power role in that game which changes the dynamic incredibly. However, the tonal shift isn't as dramatic. In that game, he's still asking questions, with actual question marks...
AND
you can tell that he emphasizes the night game there thinking that his ability will be more useful than his interaction/engagement in the thread.

Why did you select this game? I specifically did not select the PR game because the point is not as clear as it is in his vanilla games. It's like, "I have a good point but I'm going to make sure I present it in the most convoluted way, even though it's salient in all of his other town games."
In post 104, Wickedestjr wrote:I kept my vote on Jingle for a reason - I don't understand his 1000% confidence comment that he made earlier - especially when I feel like I could have easily made those posts as scum. I feel good about everything else I've seen from him, but want him to explain that still. Reading the last page, more then.
This is also kinda ick? You like what you're seeing from him besides for the fact that he thinks he knows your meta? I feel like this is a weird thing to vote someone for, and to *deliberately* keep your vote on someone for, especially when there are sketchier people around and you like what you see from that person otherwise.

But I'm also not sure if scum!wicked would be trying to undermine a townread town!jingle has on him if they apparently have a relationship (like why take this approach instead of buddying him or something?), and I don't think this interaction comes from scumpartners with a prior history with each other.
How well do you know scum!wicked?
In post 124, Fykus wrote:Sorry for being late.
Skitter might be scum becauae every single game we have together is her as scum.
Dunk seems a bit off this game. Illpost more thoughts later
It's later. Please elaborate on these empty comments.
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:37 am

In post 125, Jingle wrote:Oh? Please tell.
Tis but a feeling.
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:38 am

In post 125, Jingle wrote:when ETL says at least her Jingle townread was accurate
Dude when...
Art is cool.
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:08 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Back.
In post 110, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:maybe hats what he was saying was mastin-inspired... ? i don't know. i've never been great at reading jingle so i'll let him prove it elsewise i guess. i'm not feeling awesome about him but i don't want to go down that road just yet. i'd like to compare notes with the two of you until something doesn't click and go from there while sorting the people i don't know actively.
It bugs me when mastin does this too. :lol: The last (and only) time someone was super confident in my alignment on page 2, it was mastin so I guess you have a point there, though.

I'm starting to townread you. Your apology in 113 seemed genuine. I also felt good about your posts in your exchange with Two. My only reservation is the idea that your exchange with Two could be scum v scum theater. Either way, you might be right about your Two vote and I need to look at him more closely.
In post 125, Jingle wrote:
In post 104, Wickedestjr wrote:Eh. Not a lot for the first three pages. I kind of liked Dunkerdoodles saying "everyone on this page is town". I think UC's entrance felt kind of townish to me too, if anything - felt slightly relaxed/fearless. I kept my vote on Jingle for a reason - I don't understand his 1000% confidence comment that he made earlier - especially when I feel like I could have easily made those posts as scum. I feel good about everything else I've seen from him, but want him to explain that still. Reading the last page, more then.
Could have? Yeah, mosdef. Would have? Not if you remember who I am and what I'm like.
I hope that this is another topic you will be explaining a few days from now?
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:16 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

I didn't vote him for the 1000% confidence comment. I voted him before that happened. I disagree when you say there were sketchier people around. When I made that post, Jingle's comment was the only post that interested me - and there wasn't anything else that had bothered me enough for a new vote.
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:29 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

In post 86, TwoInAMillion wrote:That's because your refusal to wagon a bad vote made me scum read you.
In post 119, TwoInAMillion wrote:Why do you think I was questioning his logic? Because I was town reading him?
*her

I think I understand what you were saying in that post. You are scum reading ETL for not joining the taiho wagon? Correct? That seems to be the implication in post 86.

Also, I disagree with your comment here. First, just because you're questioning someone doesn't mean you're suspicious of them. I hope you're not making that assumption about anyone else's posting. Second, you actually only asked ETL one question and it was about the tone differences. So why is her "refusal to wagon a bad vote" making you suspect her?

Something doesn't feel right here.
Unvote. Vote: TwoInAMillion
-Wickedestjr
Awoo
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:37 am

Post by Awoo »

Oh nice, only one page of ETL accumulated while I slept? This game isn't going to be as hard to read as I thought. I liked ETL's , it feels honest.

I think someone asked why I was voting taiho? One of the people I've got my eye on. I don't like his opening string and I want to see where he goes now that we're game on. I cannot speak for 2mil or his vote.
In post 27, skitter30 wrote:Apparently I should've voted for you to be townread by you too lol
Don't like this particularly, it got my attention.

DD's string this game has been naked early reads. I don't know how easy it is to fake something like that, but ultimately I TR it since he looks like he's having fun.

town.
[a post by 2iam]
is all sorts of ick. Why do you want to form a double wagon on someone who still hasn't posted? Why is this a good thing (you're a fan of it?) and what info would you get out of it? And why on Fykus in particular, out of everyone who only had one vote on them at the time?

Also, I'm feeling like votes on Two are kinda opportunistic/easy? Like, he's blatantly new, and awkward and bad does not necessarily mean scum. I kinda feel like he's an easy place for scum to go at that point (ie I'm talking about Taiho's vote on Two). I vaguely feel the same way about UC.
Fence sitting detected. VOTE: skitter30 Like what, he's all sorts of ick, but it's too easy to vote for him? Usually when I (hear this/have done it in the past myself as scum), it's scum worrying about whether or not their target is too "lynchbait-ey" to vote for. Sometimes they make it real obvious and slip the word lynchbait into their post. Since I just read two conflicting statements, what do you think of TIM?
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:30 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

Wicked, your read on etl is strange.

You gave etl a town read based off a self meta post ([p]113[/p]). I also don't think weaker players should be on the table for playing scum theater.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:31 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

Tee hee
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:17 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

In post 138, Flubbernugget wrote:You gave etl a town read based off a self meta post ([p]113[/p]).
I wouldn't say it's groundbreaking evidence, but why can't I town read a self meta post?
Flubbernugget wrote:I also don't think weaker players should be on the table for playing scum theater.
I've seen people bus with less experience than him. Disagree with you calling him too weak for that. And as I said before, I think it's more likely that ETL is town even though that's a thought that entered my mind.
-Wickedestjr
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:32 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

1) You can dismiss literally anything as "that's just how I play"
2) self meta is invalidated by the player being aware of it
3) im sure there's another point that's been rehashed to death that I'm missing

Your particular town read also has the grossness that etl is describing an activity tell, all of which are bad tells.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:13 am

In post 141, Flubbernugget wrote:1) You can dismiss literally anything as "that's just how I play"
2) self meta is invalidated by the player being aware of it
3) im sure there's another point that's been rehashed to death that I'm missing

Your particular town read also has the grossness that etl is describing an activity tell, all of which are bad tells.
I was apologizing for being a spammy thread hog, which is a tendency I have, and which people get mad about in almost all games. It's completely irrelevant to alignment... It's not like I said "If I was scum, I'd be doing this and see looky I'm not" or "I do XYZ as town."

It's NAI.
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:21 am

Furthermore.... it's not like mafia games are deleted when they finish? Lying about "this is just how I play" would be pretty fucking stupid when a monkey could go and verify or disprove it in 10 seconds.
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:40 am

In post 124, Fykus wrote:Sorry for being late.
Skitter might be scum becauae every single game we have together is her as scum.
Dunk seems a bit off this game. Illpost more thoughts later
Anyone know where Fykus is from? Anyone play with him before?
Art is cool.
UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:41 am

Post by UC Voyager »

Will catch up and make a post after school
so...i don't get enough sleep
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:44 am

This is literally this person's ONLY POST. WTF.

HELLO? DO SOMETHING.

Disgusting.
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:46 am

NotKnown15 hasn't posted at all. I guess it's only been 24 hours but like... It's not like they even said hi or RVS or ANYTHING.
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:50 am

taiho might as well be invisible. they have absolutely zero presence.

the tai wagoners need to seriously consider the strength of their argument and back it up because there's so little content in that ISO...

Explain it to me cuz I've got Tai as a straight null due to lack of content.
Art is cool.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:55 am

Post by jjh927 »

Is that a pagetop I see?
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”