ironstove
ironstove
Mafia Scum
ironstove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:10 am

Post by ironstove »

UC Voyager easy town read. You can mark myself and UC off as town for the rest of this game.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:24 am

Post by Jingle »

Hmm. Disappointing.
This is a Parachute.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:44 am

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

OHHH MY GODDDD

Why do these people even sign up to this site? I honestly don't understand it at all. They don't wanna play so why do they waste everyone's time and steal a player slot from someone who would actually contribute to the enjoyment of the game...
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:48 am

VOTE: ironstove
kill it with fire. i'm not dealing with this bullshit.
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:49 am

There seriously needs to be some site rules regarding this kind of behavior.
Art is cool.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:52 am

Post by Jingle »

Okay, in the meantime, thoughts about my response to you?
This is a Parachute.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:12 pm

Post by Not Known 15 »

Dunker:
Post:This third vote on a wagon so early could be scum trying to hide.
PostDunker, who was also the first one to post after Awoo's 49 is now unconditionally, without explaining, making multiple people town based on when they posted. This is bad.
UCV:
skitter:
Two in a millon:
Iron:
Post: First post, and slightly suspicious (because it is nothing more than "Hi I am town!")
Post:Second post, and nothing more than refusal to read the thread. Also excusing UC from it, indirectly.Really bad for town.
Awoo:
Post: That post looks bad. Confusing language paired with a BS claim("Next one to post is town")
Post: Evading questioning of a bad post with jokes? That's bad.
Jingle:
Post: Affirms dunker? Or joke? Either way, not helpful, thus bad.
ETL/Two in a million:
Post+-:Thread gets slightly into argument definitions and the like. That looks a bit scummy here. And it continues later...
Fykus:
The reasoning for Skitter being scum is bullshit, and we are way, way past RVS there.
Skitter had a really bad post, and then another bad post. Probably bad. Number 1 scumread so far.
Generally, Dunker's ISO is just horrible. Number 2.
Two in a million: Short not really useful posts, and a bad vote.
Fykus: One post, and not really helpful, promising something that did not happen so far.
I also don't like what Iron and UCV are saying about their activity. Additionally UCV had that selfvote, and Iron their bad first post.
Awoo had a bad start, later posts were better. Still, bad starts are worrying.
Jingle: A good portion of the posts looks good, but not everything.
ETL: The ETL/Two in a million fight is a bit scummy, but I haven't found anything else, and they have posted plenty.
VOTE: skitter30
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:14 pm

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

holy crap that wall is hard to read
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:14 pm

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

i actually gut nk15 as scum
Awoo
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:16 pm

Post by Awoo »

I've actually never seen formatting like that. I'm impressed and repulsed.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:21 pm

Post by skitter30 »

Spoilered cuz I write a lot and I'm trying to keep things organized:

Spoiler: @Jingle
In post 173, Jingle wrote:She actively avoids interacting with the information in the thread when she comes in, including an L-3 wagon, a softclaim and two naked votes to naked vote an unrelated person who hasn't posted yet, and immediately after suspicion is brought up about her doubles back to ask a bunch of questions about the things she just ignored while focusing in on the ramifications of the read on her, not what it says about any of the other players.
In post 125, Jingle wrote:
Third, it's not an available information thing, it's a I think town you is more likely to engage in the things actually worth discussing than to ignore them and throw out a shitty RVS vote when there's a wagon ready made.
This is . . . a surprisingly accurate assessment given that before yesterday, I don't think I ever interacted with you. And very fair too.

It was a combo of:

a) Not having enough sleep over the past couple of days to the point where I can tell my thinking has been a bit fuzzy. Like I can tell that things *happened*, but I don't necessarily have the brain power at the moment to actually figure out what it means.

b) I think I saw something in the you/dunker/wicked/flubber interaction there that I wasn't really ready to explore at the time and still want to hold off on for a bit, especially cuz (going back to a) I then and now think that I might be seeing things that aren't there and I want to look at it again while I'm actually awake and thinking properly. Nothing else had happened and I didn't really have anything else to say so I basically just said 'hi I exist' cuz I didn't have things I wanted to talk about yet. After thinking about it a bit more, I decided to poke at it obliquely to try to see whether or not I'm seeing things. I wasn't ignoring anything. I wanted (and want) to mull on it a bit more.

Question: have you looked at any of my other games here (specifically a scumgame), or just that newbie game?

(stance on Two)
(Specifically @ETL and awoo and p-edit nk15)

Spoiler:
In post 131, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:Why did you select this game? I specifically did not select the PR game because the point is not as clear as it is in his vanilla games. It's like, "I have a good point but I'm going to make sure I present it in the most convoluted way, even though it's salient in all of his other town games."
I was actually in the game you linked originally. Yes, I replaced out just as he replaced in, but I was following it rather closely after that. He replaced into a universally townread slot (rb) and kinda said some odd things during the great PR cc clusterfuck of day 4. The conflict he generated there I thought resembled what he said here.

Namely, your convo with him on page 4, specifically posts 75-86, greatly reminded me of the convo Thor had about/with him at the bottom of the following link and the following two pages: viewtopic.php?f=53&t=72708&start=3025

I thought his tone in that incident is similar to how he's behaving here, so I'm not really getting the meta-tone basis for a scumread.

I linked the second game cuz I was actually following that one in real-time and I, again, think that his tone matched the game you linked, and the game here. I wasn't trying to present things in a convoluted fashion, but was just linking the other game that I remember spectating him in cuz I didn't really have time yesterday to pull up other towngames and read them to compare to him here.
In post 137, Awoo wrote:Fence sitting detected. VOTE: skitter30 Like what, he's all sorts of ick, but it's too easy to vote for him? Usually when I (hear this/have done it in the past myself as scum), it's scum worrying about whether or not their target is too "lynchbait-ey" to vote for. Sometimes they make it real obvious and slip the word lynchbait into their post. Since I just read two conflicting statements, what do you think of TIM?
I think there's a difference between bad play and scummy play, and that it's easy to confuse the two. The post I didn't like was bad and awkward. Since he says bad and awkward things as town too, I don't think scumreading him for that alone is warranted. That's why I was poking at him a bit, because I need to try to see what his thought process before I can assess it as being bad or scummy. I think that its easy to conflate the two states, and that scum could try to take advantage of that.

Given that I remember his play in the game above, most of what I've seen here thus far matches his towngame or is NAI imo, and he's pretty much null. I think, if he's town, votes on him are at this time are incredibly opportunistic.

The closest thing I have to read on him comes from 84, which is a small scumlean: he sounds overly defensive. If he's scum, he sounds kinda like caught scum who thinks they got caught for the wrong reasons.
In post 131, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:Also, just because someone is new doesn't mean they are town. I need to scumhunt everyone regardless of how new or old they are. Saying this is equivalent to saying, "He's been around this site for ages and ages, obviously he's big bad and scary, so let's lynch him."
Yes, obviously new doesn't mean town. It does mean that a particular player is more likely to lack experience than a player with an older join date though. Heck, you even said, 'skitter seems skittish but it might be a towntell cuz of her joindate'.

And I never said that new = town. What I said is that he's new, and that he sounds kinda bad, and that I don't know if that makes him scum. I still don't know cuz he hasn't posted any more since then lol, and I need to hear more from him. I never said that I thought he was town, or that we should give him a pass cuz of his join date. I don't think that my stance is at all equivalent to suggesting a policy lynch on an older player, and I dislike that you made that equivalency.

Basically what I don't really get is why you're discounting the possibility of bad!new!town.

Other assorted things to ETL:

Spoiler:
In post 64, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:hiya jingle! so glad you're here. i don't like your angling at me. stop it. ask me real questions if you're actually trying to get a read instead
of just trying to make it seem like you have reasons to scimread me
Can you elaborate on this please? Namely, why do you think he was doing the bolded?
In post 131, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:How is saying that this pings you any different from me disliking UVC's posts or Two's attitude?
I don't understand what you're asking here. Can you rephrase this?
In post 131, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:How well do you know scum!wicked?
Not at all, even remotely. I wasn't talking about wicked's scum meta in particular, but making a general statement that I think it would be kinda weird for scum to try to undermine a townread on them.
In post 144, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
In post 124, Fykus wrote:Sorry for being late.
Skitter might be scum becauae every single game we have together is her as scum.
Dunk seems a bit off this game. Illpost more thoughts later
Anyone know where Fykus is from? Anyone play with him before?
I've played with ~4 times, and I've been scum in each of those games, while he's been town. He's noted the fact that I've always been scum with him at the beginning of every one of those games I think lol.

I've never had to read him before, and I've never played with scum!fykus, but this is a pretty typical town!fykus post.

I disagree with him on Dunker though.
In post 148, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:Explain it to me cuz I've got Tai as a straight null due to lack of content.
I dislike their vote on Two for reasons explained above at length.

More later cuz I really need to sleep I think.

p-edit: hi dunker :)
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:21 pm

Post by Jingle »

I've got nk15 as a going to get replaced for posting delinquency before the end of D1 read, so...

The first step to proving me wrong, btw, is to get an avatar.

Also, a brief meta dive suggests that UC and IS are both high risk for shitposting, but will likely increase in usefulness and content as the thread gains content, so I'm content to push things that are likely to be scum until it's proven that I need to ridicule them for not playing the game.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:40 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 185, skitter30 wrote:a) Not having enough sleep over the past couple of days to the point where I can tell my thinking has been a bit fuzzy. Like I can tell that things *happened*, but I don't necessarily have the brain power at the moment to actually figure out what it means.

b) I think I saw something in the you/dunker/wicked/flubber interaction there that I wasn't really ready to explore at the time and still want to hold off on for a bit, especially cuz (going back to a) I then and now think that I might be seeing things that aren't there and I want to look at it again while I'm actually awake and thinking properly. Nothing else had happened and I didn't really have anything else to say so I basically just said 'hi I exist' cuz I didn't have things I wanted to talk about yet. After thinking about it a bit more, I decided to poke at it obliquely to try to see whether or not I'm seeing things. I wasn't ignoring anything. I wanted (and want) to mull on it a bit more.

Question: have you looked at any of my other games here (specifically a scumgame), or just that newbie game?
Nope, just the one, so far. I will eventually get around to meta diving you, but I'm likely to be a lower profile this game than normally, due to a bunch of RL factors.

I've read a dunker game, (at least one, possibly more) but he's unaware of me AFAIK. I was in one of Flubb's first games on site. I tunneled the shit out of Wicked's towngame for like 3 games in a row back in 2015. ETL and I have a long and storied history that amounts to her being one of my best friends, despite the fact that we haven't talked in a while. If she said she needed help with something I'd get in the car and drive across the country tonight because I'd know it was that important.

Don't worry about ETL so much, there's a method to my madness and I'll have a solid read on her one way or another in a couple more pages.

What did you hope to gain from ?
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:51 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 181, Not Known 15 wrote:Skitter had a really bad post, and then another bad post. Probably bad. Number 1 scumread so far.

Generally, Dunker's ISO is just horrible. Number 2.

Two in a million: Short not really useful posts, and a bad vote.

Fykus: One post, and not really helpful, promising something that did not happen so far.

I also don't like what Iron and UCV are saying about their activity. Additionally UCV had that selfvote, and Iron their bad first post.

Awoo had a bad start, later posts were better. Still, bad starts are worrying.

Jingle: A good portion of the posts looks good, but not everything.

ETL: The ETL/Two in a million fight is a bit scummy, but I haven't found anything else, and they have posted plenty.
Formatting wise, you want line breaks between your paragraphs/player divisions.

Bad =/= Scum, and you appear to be using them as synonyms. You should fix that.
This is a Parachute.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:54 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 187, Jingle wrote:Nope, just the one, so far. I will eventually get around to meta diving you, but I'm likely to be a lower profile this game than normally, due to a bunch of RL factors.

I've read a dunker game, (at least one, possibly more) but he's unaware of me AFAIK. I was in one of Flubb's first games on site. I tunneled the shit out of Wicked's towngame for like 3 games in a row back in 2015. ETL and I have a long and storied history that amounts to her being one of my best friends, despite the fact that we haven't talked in a while. If she said she needed help with something I'd get in the car and drive across the country tonight because I'd know it was that important.Don't worry about ETL so much, there's a method to my madness and I'll have a solid read on her one way or another in a couple more pages.

What did you hope to gain from 27?
K, I was wondering cuz I think my towngames and scumgames are rather different imo, and I think you were able to get a pretty good feel for my town meta based on that one game, so I think you'd probably be able to get a pretty decent grasp of my scumgame too and tell the difference.

You said that you knew there were masons, and you made immediate townreads on Dunker/Wicked but neglected Flubber. I wasn't sure if you were crumbing that *they* were the masons, or if I was reading things that weren't there, but if you were crumbing that, I didn't see the utility in calling attention to it page 1. My next post was trying to see if that was actually a thing or if I was reading too much into it.

Based on the second paragraph above, I was reading too much into it.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:04 pm

Post by Jingle »

Why would you want to hunt for who the masons were, especially if I was unwilling to share that information right out?
This is a Parachute.
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:27 pm

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

oh yeah, i don't think you ever explained why you think you know there are masons
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:34 pm

Post by skitter30 »

I wasn't hunting for them. That's what I first saw when I read the first page. I was aware that I was a tad sleep-deprived at the time, and that I wasn't thinking clearly, and that I probably wasn't looking at that properly. The more I thought about it, the more unlikey I thought it was, specifically because the odds of just the two of them posting right after each other within minutes of you posting that was kinda slim.

Since I was pretty sure I made it up, I wanted to know why you were reading Flubber/Dunker differently.

That's why my first line of 27 was an observation instead of a question. I wanted to leave it open-ended. If I wasn't making things up, you could ignore it. If I was seeing things that weren't there, I wanted an answer for why it seemed like you were treating Dunker/Flubber differently for the same post, and that was an invitation for you to talk about it more.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:10 pm

on phone, at trivia so i only have until this song ends, but jingle i'm tracking now. will elaborate more and respond to posts i couldn't respond to earlier probably tomorrow morning before or during class

VOTE: skitter
Art is cool.
TwoInAMillion
TwoInAMillion
Mafia Scum
TwoInAMillion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:37 pm

Post by TwoInAMillion »

VOTE: skitter
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:49 pm

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

VOTE: tiam
UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:37 pm

Post by UC Voyager »

I love how ESL (especially the lies) has so far tried to be the town leader or something. He has been drawing attention to everyone, but it almost as if he is trying to avoid bringing attention to himself! He has very ineffective scum hunting tactics, and it makes me think he is scum!
so...i don't get enough sleep
UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:37 pm

Post by UC Voyager »

VOTE: ETL
UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:38 pm

Post by UC Voyager »

In post 196, UC Voyager wrote:I love how ETL (especially the lies) has so far tried to be the town leader or something. He has been drawing attention to everyone, but it almost as if he is trying to avoid bringing attention to himself! He has very ineffective scum hunting tactics, and it makes me think he is scum!
Spoiler:
sorry. as you might have figured out. i fixed my mistake. is said ESL originally, which was incorrect. i meant to say ETL
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:41 pm

Post by jjh927 »

One pagetop please!
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”