Open 695: Making Friends and Enemies [Mafia Win!]

Quick
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: October 11, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #125  (ISO)  » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:35 pm

In post 124, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 122, Awoo wrote:He's scumhunting, town usually does that.


Well glad to see I'm going to be playing with a brick wall Awoo.


So, what did you learn from your OMGUS again?

Chisa Yukizome
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: October 20, 2017

Post Post #126  (ISO)  » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:36 pm

please halt stupid needless attacks that are hardly designed to figure out alignment

now bye im out

Quick
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: October 11, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #127  (ISO)  » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:39 pm

In post 126, Chisa Yukizome wrote:please halt stupid needless attacks that are hardly designed to figure out alignment

now bye im out


I will try.

Jamiet99uk
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: September 09, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #128  (ISO)  » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:18 pm

Why do you all quote each other all the time??

Quick, you were literally replying to the post above yours just there. We can see what Chisa wrote. If it was a quote from 3 pages ago, sure. But I don't get why you constantly cut and paste each other's quotes?

What am I missing?

Jamiet99uk
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: September 09, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #129  (ISO)  » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:21 pm

I'm partly complaining because you'd get a lot more on a page if you guys didn't constantly feel the need to quote each other - because the quotes take up space on the page. They actually make it harder to follow the thread because of the space they take up.

Quick
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: October 11, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #130  (ISO)  » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:22 pm

In post 128, Jamiet99uk wrote:Why do you all quote each other all the time??

Quick, you were literally replying to the post above yours just there. We can see what Chisa wrote. If it was a quote from 3 pages ago, sure. But I don't get why you constantly cut and paste each other's quotes?

What am I missing?


I have WAY WAY more posts that have quotes in them. I think it's important for context. Granted I prolly didn't need to quote there, but someone could have posted in between my post and theirs, which then people would have to try and figure out who I was responding to. I guess I just got into the habit early to quote people rather than just replying. People have a hard enough time understanding me as it is, I don't need another reason for people to wonder what the hell I am doing.

P-Edit: Phones are the devil.

Jamiet99uk
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: September 09, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #131  (ISO)  » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:24 pm

@Quick:

"someone could have posted in between my post and theirs, which then people would have to try and figure out who I was responding to"

You could just start your reply with "@Chisa", like I just did with you. That would make it just as clear you were responding to Chisa, and would take up less space on the page.

Quick
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: October 11, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #132  (ISO)  » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:26 pm

In post 131, Jamiet99uk wrote:@Quick:

"someone could have posted in between my post and theirs, which then people would have to try and figure out who I was responding to"

You could just start your reply with "@Chisa", like I just did with you. That would make it just as clear you were responding to Chisa, and would take up less space on the page.


Taking up less space on the page isn't really a concern of mine.

Aubrey
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 17, 2016
Location: Southern USA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #133  (ISO)  » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:27 pm

In post 0, Torque wrote:During one night during the game, the mason team may attempt to recruit another member. If you attempt to recruit town, they will be added to the masonry as "Recruited Mason". If you attempt to recruit mafia, the attempt will fail.


In post 102, Jamiet99uk wrote:I'm thinking about our Masons. Important we keep them alive if we can. They effectively have a 1-shot copscan.


@Jamiet, I don't see any difference or innovation between what you said, and what should already be common knowledge though. That is where I'm coming from.

--

Spoiler: Response to Jamiet's Quote Issues
Pre-Edit: It's common to quote what it is you're responding to in order to make it easier for players to understand what was being talked about in the future and at times in the present. Especially when people look through your ISO. If you don't know already, click the (ISO) Button beside my post#. You'll now see every post I've posted in the thread. Imagine how confusing it could be to understand what/who someone was talking about after 5 or 6+ weeks pass, and you're looking at posts from the very beginning of the game. Or if you notice something a few pages back. Or use it like I've done to compare or contrast. It also acts as a nice File'n system between what you're talking about & what someone else said.

Jamiet99uk
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: September 09, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #134  (ISO)  » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:29 pm

@Aubrey:

"I don't see any difference or innovation between what you said, and what should already be common knowledge though."

You are entitled to your views about what should be common knowledge, but in practice you'll notice that Quick hadn't realised this point about the Mason's abilities, as it happened.

Jamiet99uk
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: September 09, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #135  (ISO)  » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:30 pm

Now, Scooby, do you scumread me for my post about the Masons, or do you just like to feel superior?

Jamiet99uk
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: September 09, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #136  (ISO)  » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:41 pm

Current Townreads:

Jamiet99uk
CheekyTeeky
Quick
Cheesy Yukizone

Current Scumreads:

Awoo
Lucca261
Assemblerot

Current Nullreads:

Aubrey
CommKnight
Non-posters

Aubrey
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 17, 2016
Location: Southern USA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #137  (ISO)  » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:42 pm

I seriously hope he just didn't understand your word choice, and already understood that mason concept. Regardless, that post to me still is a basic post I can see coming form scum in order to generate content during the awkward opening phrase of the game. Say or do something that I think would more than likely come form a town mindset, and my nerves may settle about you.

--

I also don't understand where you get this idea that I'm acting all high and mighty towards you. If you just hate being suspected, then why are you playing mafia? If it's because I'm trying to be nice, and help you with the MS interface like I wish people would have done more with me, than I'll keep my mouth shut & let you just figure it out on your own.

Aubrey
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 17, 2016
Location: Southern USA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #138  (ISO)  » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:47 pm

In post 136, Jamiet99uk wrote:Current Scumreads:

Awoo
Lucca261
Assemblerot


So, what's the deal with the first 2. Assembl I can guess.

lucca261
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: February 28, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #139  (ISO)  » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:50 pm

can you explain your townread on cheeky, and scumread on me, jamiet? with your own words, I want to see how you got to this conclusion.

cheeky, : if I want to make a case on you, I'll do it. currently, there are other people on my line of thinking. so you're just saying you didn't have a case on me, since you didn't provide any reason, didn't engage me until I talked to you, and was expecting a response to a question you didn't provide. why were you wasting your vote, then?

overall, I don't get how people can have this crazy readlists so quickly. this game has been mostly theory, and abrasiveness. I don't see much from any player on any alignment, except for maybe scum!cheeky and town!aubrey. how can someone have these full readlists?

CheekyTeeky
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 04, 2017
Pronoun: She

Post Post #140  (ISO)  » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:51 pm

In post 136, Jamiet99uk wrote:Current Townreads:

Jamiet99uk
CheekyTeeky
Quick
Cheesy Yukizone

Current Scumreads:

Awoo
Lucca261
Assemblerot

Current Nullreads:

Aubrey
CommKnight
Non-posters


Jamie why do you have assemble as a scum read? I thought his ISO which consists of 2 posts is null at best. I can only assume that it your anti-lurker bias?

Awoo
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: September 01, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #141  (ISO)  » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:00 pm

You seem to be taking everything very personally jamiet, is something the matter?

Heaven forbid people actually start confronting you on game related points.

CheekyTeeky
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 04, 2017
Pronoun: She

Post Post #142  (ISO)  » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:01 pm

In post 139, lucca261 wrote:cheeky, 118: if I want to make a case on you, I'll do it. currently, there are other people on my line of thinking. so you're just saying you didn't have a case on me, since you didn't provide any reason, didn't engage me until I talked to you, and was expecting a response to a question you didn't provide. why were you wasting your vote, then?


I didn't vote you straight away because I thought you'd explain the vote on me at some point, which you didn't so I found it odd that you just blank voted me under an unrelated discussion. It pings me that you say everyone else was thinking along the same lines because it's a little early to be sheeping unless you're trying to remain undetected by voting with what you perceive to be the consensus. I use my vote to sort people until it's time to hammer. I said OMGUS vote because I didn't like the sly vote without a reason and because scum usually try to use OMGUS against me, which you haven't and funnily enough, quick picked up on. Your questions to others bring you up a bit but I just don't get the purpose of your vote or the context of it.

CheekyTeeky
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 04, 2017
Pronoun: She

Post Post #143  (ISO)  » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:06 pm

Awoo do you have any finished town games I can look at?

Quick
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: October 11, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #144  (ISO)  » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:08 pm

In post 136, Jamiet99uk wrote:Current Townreads:

Jamiet99uk
CheekyTeeky
Quick
Cheesy Yukizone

Current Scumreads:

Awoo
Lucca261
Assemblerot

Current Nullreads:

Aubrey
CommKnight
Non-posters


How sure of these reads are you at this time?

Awoo
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: September 01, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #145  (ISO)  » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:13 pm

Sorry, I'm unmeta-able at the moment :lol:

Any reason the only thing you've said about my vote is calling me a wall?

CheekyTeeky
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 04, 2017
Pronoun: She

Post Post #146  (ISO)  » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:46 pm

In post 145, Awoo wrote:Sorry, I'm unmeta-able at the moment :lol:

Any reason the only thing you've said about my vote is calling me a wall?


It wasn't your vote I was calling a wall it was your town read explanation, but yep keep twisting my words to suit your narrative.

Awoo
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: September 01, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #147  (ISO)  » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:08 pm

Funny that you're doing the same thing I did in my scumgame now.
Ok cool, my bad, you've said nothing about my vote.
Why?

Awoo
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: September 01, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #148  (ISO)  » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:10 pm

While I'm at it, how does saying
"You called me a wall because of my vote"
suit "my agenda" more then
"You called me a wall because of my townread"
?

Jamiet99uk
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: September 09, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #149  (ISO)  » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:19 am

@Aubrey - I'm sorry, maybe it's just a communication clash because this is the first time we've encountered each other. Your tone struck me as condescending - but perhaps that was just how I interpreted it, and not your intention. Not to worry, let's move on.

I've explained my scumread on Awoo, who I'm currently voting for.

My scumread on Assemblerot is based on a combination of his behaviour in this game so far, and something he said in the original game which was re-rolled. What he said back there was that he realises he often lurks, and will try to be much more involved on this occasion. When the re-roll happened, he posted early and looked like he was trying to be (or appear) involved, but then melted away and hasn't posted again.

Over on webDip / vDip we've got this guy, VashtaNeurotic, who combines horrible lurking with regular promises not to lurk. There was a game a while back where I think he made 20 posts in the whole game, of which 11 or 12 were "I'm just catching up with the thread, I'll have some comments soon" and then never did.

Assemblerot is currently striking me as that kind of lurker, and I don't like it. So it's not *just* anti-lurker bias, but anti-lurker bias linked to Assemble's promise that he'd be active in this game.


@Lucca261: Reasonable question - my scumread of you is based primarily on the manner of your vote for Cheeky, which you made without giving any kind of proper reason - yet you felt the need to say this was a "serious vote". Then your subsequent unwillingness to explain yourself. Townies explain their votes because this helps other townies to investigate. Also Awoo, who I scumread, defended you but with little explanation. That could be confirmation bias, I accept. We'll see.

For the second part of your question, I'm leaning town on Cheeky because she's explaining her thoughts and actions, and is asking questions and scumhunting. Also she's buddying me and I like being buddied (jk).


@Quick: "How sure of these reads are you at this time?"

- Not very. It's Day 1 mate. Anyone who is sure of their reads on Day 1 is probably scum. Or massively over-confident. Lucca is one or other of those things.

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to Completed Open Games