Open 695: Making Friends and Enemies [Mafia Win!]

Quick
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: October 11, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #175  (ISO)  » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:44 pm

If you could please clean up quotes after yourself, I would really appreciate it. If you are wondering why I think its "ok" for me to quote posts against Jamie's wishes while asking Maki to clean up their quotes, I will say that when ISOing people, context is important. And if you have all the context in the ISO already, it saves time.

In post 158, Maki Harukawa wrote:
In post 47, Quick wrote:
In post 43, Jamiet99uk wrote:Also, you guys, I'm sorry if I'm coming across badly because I'm new, but there are now 5 votes on me and two more would end the day while it's still in the random shitposting phase. I don't think that's a good idea.


I'm inclined to agree actually.


Correct me if I'm wrong here but the way this is put makes it sound like you think sometimes rvs wagons going through are alright? Or am I reading into this too much?


Nope! The opposite of that.

In post 158, Maki Harukawa wrote:
In post 51, CheekyTeeky wrote:You killed it Awoo :/

Jamie's reaction did feel pretty town, albeit delayed. Not sure what to make of Quick getting all high and mighty. I'll lean town on that for now.

Why did you let quick influence you Awoo?

VOTE: Awoo
This feels gross the comment is question didn't really feel that bad at all


I am inclined to agree.

Maki Harukawa
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: September 30, 2017
Pronoun: She

Post Post #176  (ISO)  » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:47 pm

Cheeky and Awoo are people I both scumread but Cheekys jump on Awoo feels super slimy
UNVOTE:
I don't know who I want to vote in the 2 because I doubt it's scum vs scum
Pedit: Ah alright I understand.
Kids are...weird. They come to me on their own. I'm not that good at taking care of them... I'm not that friendly either."

northsidegal
no expectations
 
User avatar
Joined: August 24, 2017
Happy Scumday!
Pronoun: She

Post Post #177  (ISO)  » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:50 pm

hmm, interesting questions! i don't doubt the claim that you were asking questions on things you found strange or didn't understand and i don't think you're scum because of the questions you asked. i guess you could say it's the questions you didn't ask that matter more to me. i don't mean anything rude by this but it didn't seem like you commented on the game in a really meaningful way. i don't see any real motivation to sort people or to follow up on reads from your initial posts. it might be a little bit unfair to expect that of someone who's just replaced in, but that's part of the reason why i voted you - to try to get more out of you. i know it's cliche enough to not worth mentioning, but your vote is a tool, and it's got a lot of uses. i didn't only vote you because of 3 things, like i said i had a lot more reasons behind my vote that i didn't necessarily say.

you ask why shouldn't you scumread me because of those things? well, why would you scumread me because of those things?

Quick
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: October 11, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #178  (ISO)  » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:54 pm

In post 169, northsidegal wrote:alright, full reread complete. to address a few of the more prominent discussions at hand, i townread jamie, don't like lucca's posting and think this is probably cheeky's towngame. also, i find myself agreeing with awoo's . maki's questions / comments seem rather empty and her vote seems relatively weak. out of the entire thread the thing you vote someone for is a comment about getting the game moving on page two?
VOTE: maki

@mod, any word on epic fial?


I didn't see anything Scummy in what Maki posted. Looked to just be feeling things out.

Maki Harukawa
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: September 30, 2017
Pronoun: She

Post Post #179  (ISO)  » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:58 pm

In post 177, northsidegal wrote:hmm, interesting questions! i don't doubt the claim that you were asking questions on things you found strange or didn't understand and i don't think you're scum because of the questions you asked. i guess you could say it's the questions you didn't ask that matter more to me. i don't mean anything rude by this but it didn't seem like you commented on the game in a really meaningful way. i don't see any real motivation to sort people or to follow up on reads from your initial posts. it might be a little bit unfair to expect that of someone who's just replaced in, but that's part of the reason why i voted you - to try to get more out of you. i know it's cliche enough to not worth mentioning, but your vote is a tool, and it's got a lot of uses. i didn't only vote you because of 3 things, like i said i had a lot more reasons behind my vote that i didn't necessarily say.

you ask why shouldn't you scumread me because of those things? well, why would you scumread me because of those things?
I feel like me and you will get along just fine. My questions might not have been that meaningful (I somewhat disagree but I understand the standpoint) but they're mostly for me to get groundwork set hopefully my questions get answered and the thread moves along and I can give more detailed opinions this isn't an excuse saying "Oh I just replaced in so you shouldn't sr me" just me saying how I act on replace ins I like seeing content in real time and catching up mostly leads to questioning from me unless I have a solid outlook on anyone in the game.

Why would I scumread you? Because the reason you voted me for being scummy would you basically admitting you're doing a scummy action yourself and that would mean you shouldn't sr me on it because in your eyes you're town so you can see that action coming from town. Unless you think it's more likely to come from scum
Kids are...weird. They come to me on their own. I'm not that good at taking care of them... I'm not that friendly either."

northsidegal
no expectations
 
User avatar
Joined: August 24, 2017
Happy Scumday!
Pronoun: She

Post Post #180  (ISO)  » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:59 pm

In post 178, Quick wrote:
In post 169, northsidegal wrote:alright, full reread complete. to address a few of the more prominent discussions at hand, i townread jamie, don't like lucca's posting and think this is probably cheeky's towngame. also, i find myself agreeing with awoo's . maki's questions / comments seem rather empty and her vote seems relatively weak. out of the entire thread the thing you vote someone for is a comment about getting the game moving on page two?
VOTE: maki

@mod, any word on epic fial?


I didn't see anything Scummy in what Maki posted. Looked to just be feeling things out.

i guess i should clarify that me and awoo diverge in thinking in that i don't overtly scumread maki based on her initial posts, i just agree with the assessment that they're rather lacking when it comes to game-advancing content.

Maki Harukawa
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: September 30, 2017
Pronoun: She

Post Post #181  (ISO)  » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:00 pm

In post 180, northsidegal wrote:i just agree with the assessment that they're rather lacking when it comes to game-advancing content.

That wasn't the purpose of the questions.
Kids are...weird. They come to me on their own. I'm not that good at taking care of them... I'm not that friendly either."

northsidegal
no expectations
 
User avatar
Joined: August 24, 2017
Happy Scumday!
Pronoun: She

Post Post #182  (ISO)  » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:07 pm

In post 179, Maki Harukawa wrote:I feel like me and you will get along just fine. My questions might not have been that meaningful (I somewhat disagree but I understand the standpoint) but they're mostly for me to get groundwork set hopefully my questions get answered and the thread moves along and I can give more detailed opinions this isn't an excuse saying "Oh I just replaced in so you shouldn't sr me" just me saying how I act on replace ins I like seeing content in real time and catching up mostly leads to questioning from me unless I have a solid outlook on anyone in the game.

alright! for now my vote will be staying where it is but i can definitely believe what you're saying here.

Why would I scumread you? Because the reason you voted me for being scummy would you basically admitting you're doing a scummy action yourself and that would mean you shouldn't sr me on it because in your eyes you're town so you can see that action coming from town. Unless you think it's more likely to come from scum

i can see your point here but i think there's a difference between my vote and yours that you're not taking into account. i thought your vote was suspicious because it was responding to completely non-recent events, whereas my vote was responding to pretty much the most recent event. your vote seemed relatively pointless to me and unlikely to garner any useful information from awoo, whereas i'm already pretty satisfied with the results of my vote! with that in mind i think any element of hypocrisy that you're seeing isn't really there.

Epic Fial
Goon
 
Joined: October 07, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #183  (ISO)  » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:30 pm

FIRTS!

AT LAST I CAN POST. HI EVERYONE. I WILL READ WHAT POEPLE HAVE WRITEN AND THEN POST MORE.

Maki Harukawa
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: September 30, 2017
Pronoun: She

Post Post #184  (ISO)  » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:31 pm

Are you saying I should only comment on events in the thread that were recent when I'm catching up? My vote wasn't for reaction it was for someone I scumread I don't really understand your outlook. It's...interesting
Kids are...weird. They come to me on their own. I'm not that good at taking care of them... I'm not that friendly either."

Epic Fial
Goon
 
Joined: October 07, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #185  (ISO)  » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:34 pm

MY NAME IS ERIC BUT POEPLE CALL ME EPIC BECAUSE OF MY LAST NAME.

Awoo
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: September 01, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #186  (ISO)  » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:46 pm

On maki:

On : Notice how in , the game gets started by a serious vote as a direct consequence of my action of jumping on a bandwagon? If she was really looking for scum, she would have continued reading four posts down. The way this could have come from town is by just doing a single read through and haphazardly posting your notes at the end.

On , the same logic applies, since (it is implied that she thinks) jamie is content to have the game stall, but then he votes me 9 posts later, doing the opposite of what is implied.

..I expected to see more when finding examples, but that's what I meant by removing context.

You sure rip on jamie a lot during your catchup, saying you wouldn't mind a wagon, any reason you aren't voting him?

north, what do you mean by game advancing content?

Welcome to the game epic, please let go of shift.

Maki Harukawa
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: September 30, 2017
Pronoun: She

Post Post #187  (ISO)  » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:49 pm

I assumed both and were srs if they weren't that changes things a bit.

I don't mind a wagon doesn't mean I sr Jamie I want to know why people tr Jamie because from what I'm getting he's very towny to some people that I'm not seeing.
Kids are...weird. They come to me on their own. I'm not that good at taking care of them... I'm not that friendly either."

northsidegal
no expectations
 
User avatar
Joined: August 24, 2017
Happy Scumday!
Pronoun: She

Post Post #188  (ISO)  » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:03 pm

In post 186, Awoo wrote:north, what do you mean by game advancing content?

i assume you probably have an idea of what i mean but it's useful to clarify anyways. if you're having a conversation with your friend in the game thread about some new movie or something, that's non-content, but if you're actively scumhunting or trying to solve the game, that would be game advancing content. sure, you could make the argument that someone talking in the thread could be some kind of meta scumread and thus counts as content, but just in general i would say that posts like that are probably less useful than others, at least from the perspective of trying to scumhunt. although, if someone is constantly not scumhunting then it become useful to recognize and point that out, but then it's not really their content that's advancing the game, it's more their lack of content i suppose. when i used the term in it was as a synonym of "meaningful thoughts, questions or comments that either respond to current points or facilitate discussion".

i hope i don't come off as some kind of super serious person here! it's not like i'm saying it's never okay to just chat with people. i guess this has all just been a really roundabout way of saying that maki's intial posts lacked real scumhunting.

Aubrey
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 17, 2016
Location: Southern USA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #189  (ISO)  » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:32 pm

In post 159, Maki Harukawa wrote:Was this topic important what so ever or more so banter for you Chisa?


Understanding how the world perceives oneself is typical, and all that really read as.

In post 159, Maki Harukawa wrote:I'm scared that I agree with most of this (my) post.

In post 166, Maki Harukawa wrote:need to see more from Aubrey


......Okay.

In post 176, Maki Harukawa wrote:I don't know who I want to vote in the 2 because I doubt it's scum vs scum (Cheeky and Awoo)


I initially had some town vibes from this, but then paranoia set in. Whatever happened to this, "I feel good about my vote on Awoo" thing. I can't help but wonder if this is just a tactic to see how the positions of these two players develop down the line.

In post 185, Epic Fial wrote:MY NAME IS ERIC BUT POEPLE CALL ME EPIC BECAUSE OF MY LAST NAME.


Firts. Poeple. Fial. All caps.
Image
I'm onto you.

Torque
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: April 04, 2017
Location: Nakano Mansion
Pronoun: He

Post Post #190  (ISO)  » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:35 pm

Prodded Assemblerotws.
Don't feel like you should be the only one holding you back. Do whatever you want to do.

Epic Fial
Goon
 
Joined: October 07, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #191  (ISO)  » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:47 am

In post 189, Aubrey wrote:
In post 185, Epic Fial wrote:MY NAME IS ERIC BUT POEPLE CALL ME EPIC BECAUSE OF MY LAST NAME.


Firts. Poeple. Fial. All caps.
Image
I'm onto you.


I fialed again. :cry:

Epic Fial
Goon
 
Joined: October 07, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #192  (ISO)  » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:51 am

Or, did I? :?:

CheekyTeeky
Sneeky
 
User avatar
Joined: September 04, 2017
Pronoun: She

Post Post #193  (ISO)  » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:29 am

In post 176, Maki Harukawa wrote:Cheeky and Awoo are people I both scumread but Cheekys jump on Awoo feels super slimy
UNVOTE:
I don't know who I want to vote in the 2 because I doubt it's scum vs scum
Pedit: Ah alright I understand.


I don't think Awoo is scum here based on my experience of his scum game. I'll admit it's only one game so not the strongest meta, but he feels no where near as try-hard town as I found him in Eyes in the Fog.

I need to reread this game. More eloquent thoughts soon. (In-laws visiting so won't be as active for next day or two).

Epic Fial
Goon
 
Joined: October 07, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #194  (ISO)  » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:23 am

Maybe scum are lurking weebs in this game. Another possibility is that they are posting a lot but are not weebs. So I'm going to be considering both weebs and non-weebs, and people who are lurking and people doing the opposite of that, whatever it is called. On the other hand, they might be in the middle somewhere. Nearly certain we can hit scum in one of those groups.

Epic Fial
Goon
 
Joined: October 07, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #195  (ISO)  » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:26 am

UNVOTE: Maki

Epic Fial
Goon
 
Joined: October 07, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #196  (ISO)  » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:36 am

Spoiler:
Yes, I did fial :?

Awoo
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: September 01, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #197  (ISO)  » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:53 am

Good observation epic, there are a suspiscious number of anime girls in this game.

Cheeky, I want to make this very clear to you about my meta, and to everyone while I only have one completed game: eyes in the fog was an awkward as hell game because I was trying to play scum (and scum emulates town) before I learned to play town. Going over that game is most likely going to be to no use of you or to anyone since I will always be playing differently as both alignments from now and onwards.

So basically, I'm not going to let anybody else use that excuse to townread me in this game.

Torque
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: April 04, 2017
Location: Nakano Mansion
Pronoun: He

Post Post #198  (ISO)  » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:24 am

Votecount 1.4

Jamiet99uk (2): Aubrey, Lalendra
Awoo (1): Jamiet99uk
lucca261(1): CheekyTeeky
Epic Fial (1): Assemblerotws
Chisa Yukizome (1): CommKnight
CheekyTeeky (2): lucca261, Quick
CommKnight (1): Chisa Yukizome
Maki Harukawa (2): Awoo, northsidegal

Not voting:Epic Fial

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch!

Day 1 will end in (expired on 2017-11-03 10:00:00)


Prodded CommKnight.
Last edited by Torque on Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't feel like you should be the only one holding you back. Do whatever you want to do.

CommKnight
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: January 07, 2017
Location: Canada
Pronoun: He

Post Post #199  (ISO)  » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:47 am

UNVOTE:

Gotta finish up my paper for my next class then I'll be back after the class is over. But I think gut is gonna kick in for a while here for reads.
Modded
Open 691 (Mafia Win)
Open 700 (Town Win)
Mini 1976 - Filled (Currently setting up)

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to Completed Open Games