Jamiet99uk
Jamiet99uk
Goon
Jamiet99uk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:12 am

Post by Jamiet99uk »

@Lalendra: You are not sure of your read on me, but you are voting for me. Why is your vote on me if you don't necessarily scumread me?
Jamiet99uk
Jamiet99uk
Goon
Jamiet99uk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:14 am

Post by Jamiet99uk »

In post 158, Maki Harukawa wrote:
In post 43, Jamiet99uk wrote:Also, you guys, I'm sorry if I'm coming across badly because I'm new, but there are now 5 votes on me and two more would end the day while it's still in the random shitposting phase. I don't think that's a good idea.
I have no idea how to take this comment it doesn't feel that genuine that I would expect from a new player wouldn't mind a wagon on this still

@Maki - Could you explain this statement please? I don't understand what you mean by "that I would expect from a new player wouldn't mind a wagon on this still"
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:17 am

Post by Lalendra »

In post 166, Maki Harukawa wrote:Alright all caught up, for the most part, liking my vote need to see more from Aubrey also keeping a closer eye on Cheeky I don't really understand the Jamie townreads and I'd like to hear more on that.
Were you saying you don't understand why people are townreading Jamie, or you don't understand why he townreads the people he does?
In post 176, Maki Harukawa wrote:Cheeky and Awoo are people I both scumread but Cheekys jump on Awoo feels super slimy
UNVOTE:
I don't know who I want to vote in the 2 because I doubt it's scum vs scum
If Cheeky and Awoo both feel scummy to you, but Cheeky's jump feels "super slimy" and you don't think they're SvS, wouldn't it make sense to vote Cheeky? What is the hesitation? Just trying to understand your thought process.
In post 182, northsidegal wrote:
In post 179, Maki Harukawa wrote: alright! for now my vote will be staying where it is but i can definitely believe what you're saying here.
If you see what they're saying why are you still voting them? Are you saying the logic makes sense but you're still not getting a town vibe?
In post 187, Maki Harukawa wrote:I don't mind a wagon doesn't mean I sr Jamie I want to know why people tr Jamie because from what I'm getting he's very towny to some people that I'm not seeing.
Why wouldn't you mind a wagon on someone you don't scumread? Is he null for you at the moment?
Assemblerotws
Assemblerotws
Goon
Assemblerotws
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:29 am

Post by Assemblerotws »

In post 199, CommKnight wrote:UNVOTE:

Gotta finish up my paper for my next class then I'll be back after the class is over. But I think gut is gonna kick in for a while here for reads.
Your gut is good when you're town. Just make sure to prove to me that you are.
Show
Check my wiki for my meta.
"Yeah, when I see an intelligent paragraph, I'll know it's Assemble" -Jay
"I thought Assembler was quite good. I was surprised he was the NK because he's often in the lynch pool, but tunnelling scum will do that to your life expectancy!" -ffery
"assemble GOAT mod" -Mulch
"Anyone who plays with assemble knows silence is NAI" -Maki
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:31 am

Post by Aubrey »

In post 194, Epic Fial wrote:Maybe scum are lurking weebs in this game. Another possibility is that they are posting a lot but are not weebs. So I'm going to be considering both weebs and non-weebs, and people who are lurking and people doing the opposite of that, whatever it is called. On the other hand, they might be in the middle somewhere. Nearly certain we can hit scum in one of those groups.
Jamiet99uk
Jamiet99uk
Goon
Jamiet99uk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:05 am

Post by Jamiet99uk »

Aubrey that image isn't loading properly.
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:47 am

Post by Aubrey »

Sass overload.
Maki Harukawa
Maki Harukawa
Mafia Scum
Maki Harukawa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:10 am

Post by Maki Harukawa »

In post 201, Jamiet99uk wrote:
In post 158, Maki Harukawa wrote:
In post 43, Jamiet99uk wrote:Also, you guys, I'm sorry if I'm coming across badly because I'm new, but there are now 5 votes on me and two more would end the day while it's still in the random shitposting phase. I don't think that's a good idea.
I have no idea how to take this comment it doesn't feel that genuine that I would expect from a new player wouldn't mind a wagon on this still

@Maki - Could you explain this statement please? I don't understand what you mean by "that I would expect from a new player wouldn't mind a wagon on this still"
Newer players from what I see have a certain tone when they're town and I don't see it from you I feel like I would normally townread that line but from you I don't it feels like a victim woe as me post other people townread you so I want to hear what makes you so towny
In post 202, Lalendra wrote:
In post 166, Maki Harukawa wrote:Alright all caught up, for the most part, liking my vote need to see more from Aubrey also keeping a closer eye on Cheeky I don't really understand the Jamie townreads and I'd like to hear more on that.
Were you saying you don't understand why people are townreading Jamie, or you don't understand why he townreads the people he does?
In post 176, Maki Harukawa wrote:Cheeky and Awoo are people I both scumread but Cheekys jump on Awoo feels super slimy
UNVOTE:
I don't know who I want to vote in the 2 because I doubt it's scum vs scum
If Cheeky and Awoo both feel scummy to you, but Cheeky's jump feels "super slimy" and you don't think they're SvS, wouldn't it make sense to vote Cheeky? What is the hesitation? Just trying to understand your thought process.
In post 182, northsidegal wrote:
In post 179, Maki Harukawa wrote: alright! for now my vote will be staying where it is but i can definitely believe what you're saying here.
If you see what they're saying why are you still voting them? Are you saying the logic makes sense but you're still not getting a town vibe?
In post 187, Maki Harukawa wrote:I don't mind a wagon doesn't mean I sr Jamie I want to know why people tr Jamie because from what I'm getting he's very towny to some people that I'm not seeing.
Why wouldn't you mind a wagon on someone you don't scumread? Is he null for you at the moment?
1) the former the ladder would be nice to hear though.
2) Because Awoo's posts feel worse on an overall level than Cheekys so it's a bit of a conflict on who I'd rather lynch in the 2 but I don't see my vote moving from there (at the moment)
3) He's nullscum but wagons on a new player that are srs and rvs stage wagons would help a lot and I think you should know the reason why (as everyone here should)
Kids are...weird. They come to me on their own. I'm not that good at taking care of them... I'm not that friendly either."
lucca261
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:11 am

Post by lucca261 »

let me get back in the game by making a quick "what I think of each player":

CommKnight
: so, this guy has less content than assembler, right out of the gate. his only meaningful post is , where he comments on something NAI, in a unneeded post. no stances, no gamesolving. normally, this would be null (or at least I would meta him), at least on this phase of the game. but his 103 is very bad. I see nothing to gain out of the post. the only logical conlcusion to gain from that is that he needed to appear active. not liking his content, but before voting, I want him to come back.

Assembler
: meh.

Jamie
: yeah, I'm kinda of torn about his slot. he's using the newbie card a lot, more that I would like. when I was a newbie, the last thing I wanted was to people to point I was a newbie. he's using subtle language to point how he is a new player since the start, on things like , and . and the mix of an apologetic approach, seen on , with an agressive approach, seen on the rest of his posts, especially against Aubrey, concerns me, and makes me think that the tone on 43 was the tone of a concerned player, that was using the newbie card to at least get more air, when he had five votes against him.
on the other hand, I think that the things he is questioning are ok, and I liked his response to me about why he scumreads me. I also don't think that a player that seems so eager to fit in with the meta would be such an eager scum player, with lot of posts and questions. so right now, I would say that the slot is on the complete middle to me.
question: what do you think of Maki vote/unvote on awoo?

Cheeky
: the thing I didn't like from cheeky was at , right before I voted her slot. I can see you voting awoo to get us out of RVS. I just can't see what motivation someone would have to point that out. it nullifies any pressure you make on awoo, when you agree with Chisa that it's probably nothing. it only makes sense as a cheap excuse to get out of a failed push. you didn't use this just one time, you also gave the same explanation (I want Lucca to answer me) when pressured about your OMGUS on me. also, when you say you want a "response" from me on , I don't see you concerned with my alignment. I see you concerned about why I'm voting you and how can you defend yourself against that.

it's raining right here and I don't want to lose stuff so i'll post this and continue.
lucca261
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:48 am

Post by lucca261 »

northsidegal
: hey, so, reading your posts, your vote should be on me. continuing: I think northside is town. regardless of how wrong she is, her posts show me she's trying to create content, purposeful content, and is trying to scumhunt. I like her discussions with Maki, which I thought was a reasonable discussion, in which north was trying to present her point without misrepping what maki was saying. it says to me that she believes in what she's writing.
: i'm not so keen on this post, but I can see where she's coming from. my point is that stating "my vote is a reaction test with OMGUS and I want a reaction" would give me the option to ignore the vote and just continue playing, because, of course, it's not a serious vote. this, combined with the lack of pressure, not to react, but to talk (cheeky only asked me something when pressured by other players to do so) makes cheeky vote useless. when I ask her what response, I'm trying to see what she gained from voting me. what changed between then and now.

maki
: I don't see what people are seeing about Maki slot. in fact I think her catchup is pretty townie. maki is questioning stuff she didn't like and advancing game state. I also like her votes on awoo. the only comment from her I don't like is one from the post , about chisa. I don't see the need about asking this, and I don't see how someone reading up on the game would have this as a question.
question: explain your unvote. I don't see cheeky jumping on awoo anywhere.

lalendra
: I did not know that this person was on the game until I started making this post. overall, I liked her questions. waiting more from the slot before giving a more coherent thought.

quick
: I'm liking quick posts. no bullshit, just reacting to things around him. his reads and thought process seem to align with mine, so I think he is reading things from a town perspective. I like the jump from to about Jamie. it's a reasonable reaction to have considering Jamie response to that question.

aubrey
: I'm also liking aubrey posts. his answer to me on was one of the best posts at the game, at the time. I think Aubrey is trying to look for scum, and I agree with . level-headed player. townlean for me.
question: what do you thought about jamie explanation of the readlist?

will post chisa/fial/awoo later.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:59 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 202, Lalendra wrote:
In post 182, northsidegal wrote: alright! for now my vote will be staying where it is but i can definitely believe what you're saying here.
what i was saying was that i can see how the reasoning that maki was just making those posts as a catchup or to get her bearings makes sense. the reason i kept my vote there is because her post was essentially a promise of more content later, and i wanted my vote to serve as a reminder of that.
Jamiet99uk
Jamiet99uk
Goon
Jamiet99uk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:08 am

Post by Jamiet99uk »

@Lalendra: I asked you a question (at the top of page 9) and you seem to have ignored it or missed it. Can you answer it please?
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:11 am

Post by Lalendra »

You're right, I missed it. My vote was on you at the beginning and I have yet to change it because I have yet to decide on a better place to park it.
Jamiet99uk
Jamiet99uk
Goon
Jamiet99uk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:12 am

Post by Jamiet99uk »

In post 208, lucca261 wrote:let me get back in the game by making a quick "what I think of each player":

Jamie
: yeah, I'm kinda of torn about his slot. he's using the newbie card a lot, more that I would like. when I was a newbie, the last thing I wanted was to people to point I was a newbie. he's using subtle language to point how he is a new player since the start, on things like , and . and the mix of an apologetic approach, seen on , with an agressive approach, seen on the rest of his posts, especially against Aubrey, concerns me, and makes me think that the tone on 43 was the tone of a concerned player, that was using the newbie card to at least get more air, when he had five votes against him.
on the other hand, I think that the things he is questioning are ok, and I liked his response to me about why he scumreads me. I also don't think that a player that seems so eager to fit in with the meta would be such an eager scum player, with lot of posts and questions. so right now, I would say that the slot is on the complete middle to me.
Good question. Maki's vote on Awoo wasn't very well explained. It seemed to just be a vote because Maki thought Awoo's comment to me was a bit shitty, rather than necessarily scummy. So I wasn't that surprised when Maki was unvoted - didn't appear a very sincere vote in the first place.
Jamiet99uk
Jamiet99uk
Goon
Jamiet99uk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:13 am

Post by Jamiet99uk »

@Lalendra: Right, so just to be clear, your vote on me is from the early game shitposting, and you don't actually have a case against me or anything?
Maki Harukawa
Maki Harukawa
Mafia Scum
Maki Harukawa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:16 am

Post by Maki Harukawa »

In post 213, Jamiet99uk wrote:
In post 208, lucca261 wrote:let me get back in the game by making a quick "what I think of each player":

Jamie
Good question. Maki's vote on Awoo wasn't very well explained. It seemed to just be a vote because Maki thought Awoo's comment to me was a bit shitty, rather than necessarily scummy. So I wasn't that surprised when Maki was unvoted - didn't appear a very sincere vote in the first place.
This feels
really
convenient that you chose to comment on me after someone else makes a statement on it. I voted Awoo because they said the game was slow while doing nothing to advance the game just placing a naked vote it didn't serve any meaning or purpose. I unvoted because I saw cheeky's comment on Awoo and scumreading both slots I didn't think both were scum so I unvoted and thought it best I wait a bit.
Kids are...weird. They come to me on their own. I'm not that good at taking care of them... I'm not that friendly either."
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:16 am

Post by Quick »

In post 185, Epic Fial wrote:MY NAME IS ERIC BUT POEPLE CALL ME EPIC BECAUSE OF MY LAST NAME.
OK, that is funny.
Jamiet99uk
Jamiet99uk
Goon
Jamiet99uk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:19 am

Post by Jamiet99uk »

@Maki: "This feels really convenient that you chose to comment on me after someone else makes a statement on it."

Uh, no. I chose to reply to a question that Lucca asked me. Would you prefer that I ignore questions and refuse to answer them??
Maki Harukawa
Maki Harukawa
Mafia Scum
Maki Harukawa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:23 am

Post by Maki Harukawa »

Ah I didn't see that he asked you to comment on me my mistake.
Jamiet99uk
Jamiet99uk
Goon
Jamiet99uk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:30 am

Post by Jamiet99uk »

@Maki: Okay - no worries.
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:36 am

Post by Quick »

A lot of people went into some depth about things like reads and such. This is good.

I am kinda torn on Assembler atm. He isn't posting, which makes me think he might possibly be Scum lurking. That said, he's fell under some suspicion for that so given that he is yet to post that kinda makes the first point moot.

Due to the good content a lot of people are producing (which makes me think either Town is doing well or Scum is playing well), I think Aubrey is kinda suspect for not giving as good of content. I kinda feel the same way about Jamie, but its not as severe. Still think I like Jamie for Town, but this read can change.

I still am Scum reading Cheeky and I don't have a reason not to move my vote right now.

Lucca kinda a little reminds me of a game a played with them under a hydra with Transcend. I don't remember if they were Scum or not in that game, but it looks pretty similar nonetheless. I will have to hunt for the game and will come back with hopefully some more info on this.
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:40 am

Post by Quick »

OK, yeah, Lucca was Town in that game. Overall I think he is playing fairly Pro-Town, but for some reason I was thinking he was Scum in the game I was thinking of. Turns out that he was Town that game so I am feeling better about him.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:41 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 209, lucca261 wrote:
northsidegal
: hey, so, reading your posts, your vote should be on me. continuing: I think northside is town. regardless of how wrong she is, her posts show me she's trying to create content, purposeful content, and is trying to scumhunt. I like her discussions with Maki, which I thought was a reasonable discussion, in which north was trying to present her point without misrepping what maki was saying. it says to me that she believes in what she's writing.
: i'm not so keen on this post, but I can see where she's coming from. my point is that stating "my vote is a reaction test with OMGUS and I want a reaction" would give me the option to ignore the vote and just continue playing, because, of course, it's not a serious vote. this, combined with the lack of pressure, not to react, but to talk (cheeky only asked me something when pressured by other players to do so) makes cheeky vote useless. when I ask her what response, I'm trying to see what she gained from voting me. what changed between then and now.
it didn't seem like you were around, so i thought i'd use my vote a bit more productively. like i said, pretty happy with the outcome of that. you say that explicitly saying your vote is a reaction test defeats the purpose (and i agree), but did cheeky really do that? assuming we're both talking about , all she said was "serious omgus vote". you could take it that any vote that explicitly announces omgus isn't serious, but i would say it could also be used as just a term for voting the person who just voted you. you could just ignore the vote, but like i said in 171, choosing not to react is still a reaction in itself. not sure i get your point on "lack of pressure to talk". someone voting you usually necessitates some kind of answer. if you're trying to make the point that cheeky's lack of follow-up questions makes the vote useless, i'm not sure i agree. i guess a big problem i have with you is this interaction here:
Spoiler:
In post 113, lucca261 wrote: hey, cheeky, how a naked omgus vote without any pressure would give you a reaction? talk to me.
In post 116, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 113, lucca261 wrote:hey, cheeky, how a naked omgus vote without any pressure would give you a reaction? talk to me.
I'll show you mine if you show me yours. Why did you naked vote me?
In post 117, lucca261 wrote:because I think you are scum. who says I wanted a response.

you, on the other hand, wanted one. what response?

you're not being forthcoming here, and i don't think it shows town-motivation. it's not always bad to secretive with your reads or the reasons, but here you make it seem as if you know for a fact that cheeky is scum and you don't need any further evidence or reactions. why not elaborate on why you scumread cheeky? why would you not want a response from voting someone? if you believe cheeky is scum then certainly you would want to convince other people, so why be so quiet in your confidence? the reason i would suspect from your meta is because you plan to point out all the reasons later, without giving scum a chance to change their behavior mid-day, but i haven't really seen that yet. 208 doesn't entirely satisfy that for me, so unless there's something spectacular later i think i'll keep my eye on you.
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:45 am

Post by Lalendra »

In post 214, Jamiet99uk wrote:@Lalendra: Right, so just to be clear, your vote on me is from the early game shitposting, and you don't actually have a case against me or anything?
Correct. I don't generally bother unvoting (especially this early in the day), I just move my vote elsewhere.
In post 217, Jamiet99uk wrote:@Maki: "This feels really convenient that you chose to comment on me after someone else makes a statement on it."

Uh, no. I chose to reply to a question that Lucca asked me. Would you prefer that I ignore questions and refuse to answer them??
Okay I know you hate quoting but wouldn't it be easier to do that than copy-paste and/or retype? Also gives good context if you're quoting an exchange between multiple people.
lucca261
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:19 pm

Post by lucca261 »

In post 213, Jamiet99uk wrote:

Jamie
so, if it wasn't a sincere vote, what's your opinion on maki slot?

Return to “Completed Open Games”