Goon
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:35 pm

Post by lucca261 »

In post 222, northsidegal wrote:it didn't seem like you were around, so i thought i'd use my vote a bit more productively. like i said, pretty happy with the outcome of that. you say that explicitly saying your vote is a reaction test defeats the purpose (and i agree), but did cheeky really do that? assuming we're both talking about , all she said was "serious omgus vote". you could take it that any vote that explicitly announces omgus isn't serious, but i would say it could also be used as just a term for voting the person who just voted you. you could just ignore the vote, but like i said in 171, choosing not to react is still a reaction in itself. not sure i get your point on "lack of pressure to talk". someone voting you usually necessitates some kind of answer. if you're trying to make the point that cheeky's lack of follow-up questions makes the vote useless, i'm not sure i agree. i guess a big problem i have with you is this interaction here:
Spoiler:
In post 113, lucca261 wrote: hey, cheeky, how a naked omgus vote without any pressure would give you a reaction? talk to me.
In post 116, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 113, lucca261 wrote:hey, cheeky, how a naked omgus vote without any pressure would give you a reaction? talk to me.
I'll show you mine if you show me yours. Why did you naked vote me?
In post 117, lucca261 wrote:because I think you are scum. who says I wanted a response.

you, on the other hand, wanted one. what response?

you're not being forthcoming here, and i don't think it shows town-motivation. it's not always bad to secretive with your reads or the reasons, but here you make it seem as if you know for a fact that cheeky is scum and you don't need any further evidence or reactions. why not elaborate on why you scumread cheeky? why would you not want a response from voting someone? if you believe cheeky is scum then certainly you would want to convince other people, so why be so quiet in your confidence? the reason i would suspect from your meta is because you plan to point out all the reasons later, without giving scum a chance to change their behavior mid-day, but i haven't really seen that yet. 208 doesn't entirely satisfy that for me, so unless there's something spectacular later i think i'll keep my eye on you.
cheeky really did that, and she say it herself on , when pressured by quick. openly saying she wants a response from me = openly saying her vote is a reaction test. my point is: if cheeky wanted to have a response from me, putting a vote on my slot and then saying she wants a response is counter productive, it redirects the discussion away from why I voted her. she could've, you know, just asked.

there was nothing spetacular, it was my first non-rvs vote, on page 5. I don't need a full case on somebody. my reasons for voting her were expressed on post . at the time, it was the scummiest thing on the game. so I voted her. I never said I know for a fact that cheeky is scum. in fact, I quote: "because I think you are scum". where did I say I know she is scum or that I don't need evidence? I was engaging with her at that moment. I was furthering my read at that moment.

so, let's talk: what's my motivation as scum to accuse cheeky without any reasons here?
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:09 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 225, lucca261 wrote:cheeky really did that, and she say it herself on 87, when pressured by quick. openly saying she wants a response from me = openly saying her vote is a reaction test. my point is: if cheeky wanted to have a response from me, putting a vote on my slot and then saying she wants a response is counter productive, it redirects the discussion away from why I voted her. she could've, you know, just asked.
i think i'd like to hear cheeky's point of view with regard to this. anyone else can chime in, as well, if you've got something to add!
there was nothing spetacular, it was my first non-rvs vote, on page 5. I don't need a full case on somebody. my reasons for voting her were expressed on post 206. at the time, it was the scummiest thing on the game. so I voted her. I never said I know for a fact that cheeky is scum. in fact, I quote: "because I think you are scum". where did I say I know she is scum or that I don't need evidence? I was engaging with her at that moment. I was furthering my read at that moment.

so, let's talk: what's my motivation as scum to accuse cheeky without any reasons here?
you may not have said that you know she's scum, but from your actions it certainly appears that way. i'm thinking more and more that it's a meta thing, but it seemed to me to be unusual behavior towards someone you scumread. when i see someone pushing someone else as scummy and it appears fake or strange, i'm more inclined to think that they're pushing a mislynch. from what i'm gathering from this conversation you further your reads in ways that i can't easily pick up on, so i'm going to keep that in mind going forward as well as when reviewing previous posts.

in response to your last line, that's what i've been turning over in my head. you'll note that i've never explicitly said i scumread you, even if i find it hard to find town motivation in some of your actions. mainly i disagree with the wagon you've started.
Awoo
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:32 pm

Post by Awoo »

Don't like this line. Do you think it mattered if you had a reason or not that early in the game? To me you're pushing something either alignment could have done forward and saying "scum wouldn't do it".

More later, I owe this game some actual content.
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:54 pm

Post by Aubrey »

@Jamiet, Could you please conform to the normal practices of quoting here. Your method is visually and initially confusing. You being an anarchist to the quoting system won't change it. At the very least use quotation marks and italics.
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:28 pm

Post by Quick »

In post 212, Lalendra wrote:You're right, I missed it. My vote was on you at the beginning and I have yet to change it because I have yet to decide on a better place to park it.
You can unvote?
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:30 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 229, Quick wrote:
In post 212, Lalendra wrote:You're right, I missed it. My vote was on you at the beginning and I have yet to change it because I have yet to decide on a better place to park it.
You can unvote?
would you say that unvoting is necessarily better than leaving it where it is?
Torque
Torque
Mafia Scum
Torque
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:34 pm

Post by Torque »

Votecount 1.5

Jamiet99uk (2): Aubrey, Lalendra
Awoo (1): Jamiet99uk
lucca261(1): CheekyTeeky
Epic Fial (1): Assemblerotws
CheekyTeeky (2): lucca261, Quick
CommKnight (1): Chisa Yukizome
Maki Harukawa (2): Awoo, northsidegal

Not voting: Epic Fial, CommKnight

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch!

Day 1 will end in (expired on 2017-11-03 10:00:00)
[/color]
Last edited by Torque on Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:04 pm

Post by Quick »

In post 230, northsidegal wrote:
In post 229, Quick wrote:
You can unvote?
would you say that unvoting is necessarily better than leaving it where it is?
I think its better to have an Unvote than to have your vote on someone who you don't think is Scum.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:07 pm

Post by northsidegal »

@mod
, last two votecounts have been off - they show me as both voting and not voting.

Fixed ;p
Last edited by Torque on Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:28 pm

Post by Aubrey »

In post 202, Lalendra wrote:
In post 182, northsidegal wrote:
In post 187, Maki Harukawa wrote:I don't mind a wagon doesn't mean I sr Jamie I want to know why people tr Jamie because from what I'm getting he's very towny to some people that I'm not seeing.
Why wouldn't you mind a wagon on someone you don't scumread? Is he null for you at the moment?
I feel like this is a question with an obvious answer that doesn't exactly need to be asked. At the end of the day, one shouldn't overly mind wagons on scumleans or null leans. Maki obviously didn't town read the slot, so...What's there to get exactly from this.
In post 203, Assemblerotws wrote:
In post 199, CommKnight wrote:UNVOTE:

Gotta finish up my paper for my next class then I'll be back after the class is over. But I think gut is gonna kick in for a while here for reads.
Your gut is good when you're town. Just make sure to prove to me that you are.
.....Are the two of you friends or something? If you're town, you'll need to actually prove yourself to everyone as well. You are no innocent child. If this isn't friendly banter, it just comes off as an awkward thing to say as town to me.

--

Epic comes off as a joke account. If he doesn't start taking the game semi seriously, he'll probably need to be exterminated at some point. Scum will keep problematic slots around, and problematic slots are not good for the town to have around for the later game. Take that for what you will. I'm not above lynching slots that I think will be unreadable.
In post 209, lucca261 wrote:question: what do you thought about jamie explanation of the readlist?
Post ? I don't remember having a huge reaction to it. They seemed somewhat generic at the time. He's still voting Awoo for a early day 1 vote that has changed. I'd like to know what he thinks about newer events regarding Awoo a bit more, and how those events are effecting his stance on the slot. The Assemble suspicions are understandable, but a safe spot to suspect in general. Your slot in which he didn't like your semi naked vote during the very beginning of the game was another kind of generic place to throw suspicion as well.
In post 220, Quick wrote:I think Aubrey is kinda suspect for not giving as good of content
I mean...Okay. Please, by all means, engage with that not as good content and push it. push it. push it real good.
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:36 pm

Post by Aubrey »

My brain is turning to slush, and I'm starting to just numbly read things. I hope I didn't overestimate the workload on my shoulders.
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:37 pm

Post by Aubrey »

Underestimate*

Fucking slushy brain.
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:12 pm

Post by Quick »

I really want to see more from Epic Fial because I forgot they were in the game until I saw the joke for the second time.
Epic Fial
Epic Fial
Goon
Epic Fial
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:05 pm

Post by Epic Fial »

In post 234, Aubrey wrote: Epic comes off as a joke account. If he doesn't start taking the game semi seriously, he'll probably need to be exterminated at some point. Scum will keep problematic slots around, and problematic slots are not good for the town to have around for the later game. Take that for what you will. I'm not above lynching slots that I think will be unreadable.
In post 237, Quick wrote:I really want to see more from Epic Fial because I forgot they were in the game until I saw the joke for the second time.
Could be that scum lives in a gingerbread house, the forest is dark, and everywhere looks like everywhere else. Really, there is only one way to prepare for that and survive. Understand that, and you are halfway home. Maybe you think I am a joke. But I am not.
Epic Fial
Epic Fial
Goon
Epic Fial
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:35 pm

Post by Epic Fial »

In post 214, Jamiet99uk wrote:@Lalendra: Right, so just to be clear, your vote on me is from the early game shitposting, and you don't actually have a case against me or anything?
I don't like this very much.
Epic Fial
Epic Fial
Goon
Epic Fial
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:43 pm

Post by Epic Fial »

In post 102, Jamiet99uk wrote:I'm thinking about our Masons. Important we keep them alive if we can. They effectively have a 1-shot copscan.
What steps shall we take to keep the masons alive?
Epic Fial
Epic Fial
Goon
Epic Fial
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:47 pm

Post by Epic Fial »

In post 101, Jamiet99uk wrote:@Thomas of the Tiels
@Vadim

The game has been running for two days, why have you still not posted?
This seems off.
Epic Fial
Epic Fial
Goon
Epic Fial
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:55 pm

Post by Epic Fial »

In post 45, Jamiet99uk wrote:Scum love easy lynches.
In post 71, Jamiet99uk wrote:Eww. I don't like lurkers.

Do you ever policy lynch them here?
Yes, scum love easy lynches.
Epic Fial
Epic Fial
Goon
Epic Fial
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:02 pm

Post by Epic Fial »

In post 200, Jamiet99uk wrote:@Lalendra: You are not sure of your read on me, but you are voting for me. Why is your vote on me if you don't necessarily scumread me?
You've played before, you say?
Epic Fial
Epic Fial
Goon
Epic Fial
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:05 pm

Post by Epic Fial »

Lots of fluuuuuuufffffffffffff from Jamie, and his wagon dissolved faster than a fast-relief aspirin in a vat of hydrochloric acid. I'd like to see the pressure maintained longer.

VOTE: Jamie
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:24 pm

Post by Quick »

@Epic Fial, Do you have thoughts on anyone else in the game besides Jamie?
CommKnight
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:18 am

Post by CommKnight »

Maki Harukawa
Vadim

Lalendra
Awoo
Epic Fial

Gut is telling me that 2/4 of the above are scum. The other remains in the ones not on this list.

VOTE: Awoo

Your comments thus far have been bugging something in the back of my head. I can't quite place it but I know it's usually right.
Modded
Open 691 (Mafia Win)
Open 700 (Town Win)
Mini 1976 - Filled (Currently setting up)
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:45 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

VOTE: Epic Fial you say you're deep, but you're only scratching the surface.
Epic Fial
Epic Fial
Goon
Epic Fial
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:00 am

Post by Epic Fial »

In post 247, CheekyTeeky wrote:VOTE: Epic Fial you say you're deep, but you're only scratching the surface.
I didn't say I was deep. I'm not deep, I'm a fialure, so you should be able to fathom me. But you need to pay attention, like prison wardens pay attention to how prisoners begin their sentences.
Epic Fial
Epic Fial
Goon
Epic Fial
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:03 am

Post by Epic Fial »

In post 245, Quick wrote:@Epic Fial, Do you have thoughts on anyone else in the game besides Jamie?
Getting there.

Return to “Completed Open Games”