Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:51 pm

Post by Aubrey »

In post 234, Aubrey wrote:He's still voting Awoo for a early day 1 vote that has changed. I'd like to know what he thinks about newer events regarding Awoo a bit more, and how those events are effecting his stance on the slot.
@Jamiet, This was the indirect question I mentioned btw.
CommKnight
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:21 pm

Post by CommKnight »

In post 272, Maki Harukawa wrote:
In post 269, CommKnight wrote:
In post 250, Maki Harukawa wrote:
In post 246, CommKnight wrote:Maki Harukawa
Vadim

Lalendra
Awoo
Epic Fial

Gut is telling me that 2/4 of the above are scum. The other remains in the ones not on this list.

VOTE: Awoo

Your comments thus far have been bugging something in the back of my head. I can't quite place it but I know it's usually right.
Why do you think Lalendra could be scum really not getting that read
Gut is telling me that 2/4 of the above are scum. The other remains in the ones not on this list.

Gut is telling me that 2/4 of the above are scum.

Gut

I know, crazy right? Ask Assemble, it's pretty dangerous (my gut feelings that is).
Even if I can't logically argue it out, it's the vibe I get from people.

Also Quick is weak. Can't even read gut and feels the need to comment on it like he's adding some value. Either say why Awoo is town or gtfo. :yawn:
I understood you said gut but you must have some reasoning for any of these reads yes?

it's the vibe I get from people.

vibe

I feel like this is an effective form of communication with this group. Even the limited amount of what I have said is being overlooked, so pointing it out by breaking down my own posts might help.

@Quick, what does my gut add? How about being on the right track 9 times out of 10. What have you added so far in figuring anyone out besides scumreading town players who are scumming it up because you can't read them worth a lick and are taking the easy route out. I can actually talk about my last game since it finished not too long ago and guess what. Town kept going for the easy mislynches when I kept saying to them it wasn't those people. But am I ever listened to when I'm town? No. But when I'm mafia it's like everyone listens to me and I don't need to do diddly squat all then. But games like this where I'm town, I'm just stuck with a bunch of "why" people.

When my reads start flipping how I told you they would flip and we talk about it post-game, then you can ask yourself "Why didn't I listen to Comm, he's odd but he's a brilliant mofo when it comes to solving who scum are and scum probably should've killed him N1 unless they want to be outed by the time D3 rolls around, because by then he has the whole puzzle together. His D1's are a bit sketchy and he might not have zeroed in properly, but gee golly, his late-game play is like something out of the holy mafia scripture. I sure wish I could be just like him when I grow up."

You know what will help me get more solid reads? Flips. Flips. Flips. And the dumbass remarks people tend to make after them to distance themselves from it. I'm fine with being wrong once or twice, but based on how others react to my pushes when those pushes are flipped, it sure as hell paints a clear picture on what they are.

Now then, I'm going for my nightly nap. My brain is constantly running 19/7 with 5 hours of sleep max each night. My morning class is cancelled so I'm sleeping the **** in for an extra 3-4 hours. Just work on your townreading game of me and you're guaranteed to win 9 times out of 10 with believing in my gut.
Modded
Open 691 (Mafia Win)
Open 700 (Town Win)
Mini 1976 - Filled (Currently setting up)
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:27 pm

Post by Quick »

In post 301, CommKnight wrote:
Vadim

Lalendra
Awoo
Epic Fial

Your comments thus far have been bugging something in the back of my head. I can't quite place it but I know it's usually right.

Gut

I know, crazy right? Ask Assemble, it's pretty dangerous (my gut feelings that is).

Also Quick is weak. Can't even read gut and feels the need to comment on it like he's adding some value. Either say why Awoo is town or gtfo. :yawn:
I understood you said gut but you must have some reasoning for any of these reads yes?

vibe

I feel like this is an effective form of communication with this group. Even the limited amount of what I have said is being overlooked, so pointing it out by breaking down my own posts might help.

@Quick, what does my gut add? How about being on the right track 9 times out of 10. What have you added so far in figuring anyone out besides scumreading town players who are scumming it up because you can't read them worth a lick and are taking the easy route out. I can actually talk about my last game since it finished not too long ago and guess what. Town kept going for the easy mislynches when I kept saying to them it wasn't those people. But am I ever listened to when I'm town? No. But when I'm mafia it's like everyone listens to me and I don't need to do diddly squat all then. But games like this where I'm town, I'm just stuck with a bunch of "why" people.

When my reads start flipping how I told you they would flip and we talk about it post-game, then you can ask yourself "Why didn't I listen to Comm, he's odd but he's a brilliant mofo when it comes to solving who scum are and scum probably should've killed him N1 unless they want to be outed by the time D3 rolls around, because by then he has the whole puzzle together. His D1's are a bit sketchy and he might not have zeroed in properly, but gee golly, his late-game play is like something out of the holy mafia scripture. I sure wish I could be just like him when I grow up."

You know what will help me get more solid reads? Flips. Flips. Flips. And the dumbass remarks people tend to make after them to distance themselves from it. I'm fine with being wrong once or twice, but based on how others react to my pushes when those pushes are flipped, it sure as hell paints a clear picture on what they are.

Now then, I'm going for my nightly nap. My brain is constantly running 19/7 with 5 hours of sleep max each night. My morning class is cancelled so I'm sleeping the **** in for an extra 3-4 hours. Just work on your townreading game of me and you're guaranteed to win 9 times out of 10 with believing in my gut.
This is such bullshit.

VOTE: Comm
Maki Harukawa
Maki Harukawa
Mafia Scum
Maki Harukawa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:08 pm

Post by Maki Harukawa »

In post 301, CommKnight wrote:
Vadim

Lalendra
Awoo
Epic Fial

Gut

vibe

Can you show me other games where you've done this
Kids are...weird. They come to me on their own. I'm not that good at taking care of them... I'm not that friendly either."
Epic Fial
Epic Fial
Goon
Epic Fial
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:15 pm

Post by Epic Fial »

Based on general impressions so far:

Awoo null.
Lalendra weak scum lean, not really contributing much real content.
Quick weak town lean.
Epic Fial
Epic Fial
Goon
Epic Fial
Goon
Goon

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:22 pm

Post by Epic Fial »

Since Assembler hasn't posted much i decided to meta.

Open 698 town
Mini normal 1951 town
Micro 739 town
Micro 732 scum.

Low activity as both alignments so NAI. Never contributes much, not late game material, but not today's lynch obviously.

Comm also was in Open 698 and there was a VERY interesting town v town exchange between them early on. I'll leave it ro others to see if they see what i see. Comm and other reads coming up after a break...
Epic Fial
Epic Fial
Goon
Epic Fial
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:27 pm

Post by Epic Fial »

Almost forgot. I think his name means 'Assemble, Rulers Of The World's Scum. Why? Because of Frank Sinatra's mafia connections.
Jamiet99uk
Jamiet99uk
Goon
Jamiet99uk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:47 pm

Post by Jamiet99uk »

@Aubrey - Okay sorry, I really had just missed your question there... kinda buried in a big block of text and not directly addressing me.

I think you are right that since my vote is still on Awoo it would be prudentbto re-read her. Give me a little time to do that.
Jamiet99uk
Jamiet99uk
Goon
Jamiet99uk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:59 pm

Post by Jamiet99uk »

In post 227, Awoo wrote:
so, let's talk: what's my motivation as scum to accuse cheeky without any reasons here?
Don't like this line. Do you think it mattered if you had a reason or not that early in the game? To me you're pushing something either alignment could have done forward and saying "scum wouldn't do it".

More later, I owe this game some actual content.
Having re-read Awoo I no longer scumread him (not her, sorry it was the female picture). Awoo seems to be looking carefully at people's reactions which is good scumhunting play. I particularly agree with this response to Lucca261. It's egregiously scummy to want to know what people think you would do or say as scum (so you can later avoid doing or saying things that will get you scumread).

VOTE: UNVOTE until I can properly reread Lucca.
CommKnight
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:44 am

Post by CommKnight »

In post 303, Maki Harukawa wrote:Can you show me other games where you've done this
TimeShift Mafia 3 - Called fake cop out since D1. Town didn't believe me, nearly ended in my mislynch D3. We nearly lost because town refused to decide between cops for 2 whole days when I tore him apart.

Bill Wurtz - This one was my first game and is very similar to this set-up (it had 2 masons and 2 mafia though with only 5 VTs). My gut was leading me down the right path D1 when calling out a player "too townie to be town." They ended up replacing out, but the CloudKicker/Morningtweet slot I had pegged D1 in my radar.

Simpsons Mafia - To be fair, with only 4 town and 1 being recruited N1, guessing scum was pretty easy, not even I knew how bad we were screwed by the time I could push lynches through. I correctly called Vax, 1SVT and Hiraki out though, even though all 3 were separate anti-town alignments.

Dayless IV - Literally it was no talking, some PMs that helped toward the end, but it was for most of the game 100% gut. Especially my very first shot on N3 to take out the Mafia Universal Roleblocker.

UPick - Called Yu and Drealm out based on logical gut.

Kill All Townies - Out of my scum list, the last post before I died, i was right on two of them. Not only that but I specifically said I was keeping one scum around to find out who was and wasn't scum yet that obv!Scum to me was never lynched afterward.
In post 1798, CommKnight wrote:Town: Sesq, MariaR, Mario, Balki & Kawso
Scum: Tenshii, Flubbernugget, Siblings Pet Doggo, EchoVision

Kinda neutral-ish on the rest for now.

Honestly, using Siblings to know which people to kill off. I think Siblings and Flubber are mafia while Echo and Tenshii are werewolves.
Diffusion of Power - This one is hilarious. So I got lynched D1, but I called out it right with my gut early on. With the entire mafia being on Sesq, I correctly TR'd Sesq but went after literally the only person I could've been wrong about on the wagon. The other 3 were scum and I said scum was on it. This is both gut and irony.

Jungle Ogliarchy
In post 2034, CommKnight wrote:If I had to hard-place bets right now.
Set-up 1:
WW - Vedith & Realeo
Mafia - kmd
Town - RC, fitz & myself

Set-up2:
WW: RC & havingfitz
Mafia - Vedith
Town - kmd & Realeo

Vastly different but if it's set-up 1 like I hope, it should be a breeze for town to win. If it's set-up two, town is fucked.
^ Set-up 2 was legit the actual setup and I called this out after replacing into the game. Hell, I called RC out before anyone else but people tend to TR RC for some stupid reason. RC is easy to read to me now after multiple games with him.

C9++ - Have fun reading this one. I was onto both Narna and Umlaut before I was lynched D2.

Stacking the Deck - Legit had one scum pegged at the very beginning of D2 with no physical evidence. Had the traitor called out in a either A or B is scum. Aubrey was the only one who really got past me. (I tend to TR one scum most games, but the rest of the scum I always get in my scumdar).

Villain Mafia - Another fun one. I told town the vig was town and who he poisoned is probably scum. But hey, don't listen to me.

Bondage Mafia - Legit, my early reads were fantastic. This is a case of my second guessing my gut.

Shiba Inus - Actually this one is kinda funny. Town ended up digging their own grave when mafia was set up to die D2. But both N1 and N2 my predecessor and I jailed mafia. But I didn't jail the right mafia to survive. :(

Cosmopolitan - Called iisq out early in the game. No one helped me gain traction on him though.

Unpick - This one STILL pisses me off. So using both my gut AND logic, I narrowed down the two best lynches D1 to make it almost impossible for town to lose going into D2. (RC and Kingmaker). So if they went with my plan, both Scylla and Duck would've been cleared. Two of the easier mislynches of the game. Aside from myself, it would've also left RC with only 3 potential partners. With 1 mislynch available to us and assuming town TR'd me after getting scum lynched. We would've had a 66% chance of winning if we even just random lynched into those 3.

Tit for Tat - So before school started up, I had to replace out of a game because I was just too busy to commit the time. But in the 8 posts I made in this game. My pick one in which I said 2 scum are between the wagons and one was off. I was 100% right in. Gut, proven right.

Stack The Deck (Again) - So another run of Stack The Deck where we didn't get a single mafia lynch because every single day town worked against me. Look at all the lynches. Town did not help me at all trying to push high information lynches through. Then to make it worse, I was finally piecing it together on the final day before a townie placed a vote in his very first post of the day to make room for mafia to quick-hammer.
Modded
Open 691 (Mafia Win)
Open 700 (Town Win)
CommKnight
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:46 am

Post by CommKnight »

Anyway, you wanted some examples. Well those are some examples where my gut had a major role in helping me figure some things out. My late game play is usually stronger than my early game play.

Have doubts? Ask Assemble. It's not pretty, but it works.
Modded
Open 691 (Mafia Win)
Open 700 (Town Win)
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:58 am

Post by Lalendra »

I am TRing Quick but holy hell, Comm is convincing. I'm currently thinking Quick v Comm is TvT.
CommKnight
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:24 am

Post by CommKnight »

You can just call me Buckley.

Spoiler:
Modded
Open 691 (Mafia Win)
Open 700 (Town Win)
Assemblerotws
Assemblerotws
Goon
Assemblerotws
Goon
Goon

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:36 am

Post by Assemblerotws »

Can confirm. Trust Comm's gut. I was in Cosmopolitan, Tit for Tat, and the second Stack the Deck, and he was good there. Town really should have listened to him.
Unfortunately,
I'm going to have to replace out of this game
due to other commitments, so this is going to be my last post here.
Show
Check my wiki for my meta.
"Yeah, when I see an intelligent paragraph, I'll know it's Assemble" -Jay
"I thought Assembler was quite good. I was surprised he was the NK because he's often in the lynch pool, but tunnelling scum will do that to your life expectancy!" -ffery
"assemble GOAT mod" -Mulch
"Anyone who plays with assemble knows silence is NAI" -Maki
Jamiet99uk
Jamiet99uk
Goon
Jamiet99uk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:14 am

Post by Jamiet99uk »

Dammit this game is packed with quitters.

That's like the 5th replacement in a 13 player game. Is that normal here?
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:21 am

Post by Lalendra »

Depends on the game, but this one is exceptionally slow. A week in and only 13 pages.
Jamiet99uk
Jamiet99uk
Goon
Jamiet99uk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:21 am

Post by Jamiet99uk »

@CommKnight:

Do you trust your gut enough to stake your own neck on it?
Awoo
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:22 am

Post by Awoo »

Chisa, your vote is still on comm, and he now has 3 votes on him. How do you read him now?
Awoo
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:23 am

Post by Awoo »

Depends on the game, but this one is exceptionally slow. A week in and only 13 pages.
Hey maki? This is what complaining about slowness and not doing anything looks like.
Awoo
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:23 am

Post by Awoo »

oh shit I did it again, that quote is from lalendra
Jamiet99uk
Jamiet99uk
Goon
Jamiet99uk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:24 am

Post by Jamiet99uk »

Assemble tells us to follow CommKnight's gut / Assemble's vote is not on the same target as CommKnight....

Hmm.
Awoo
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:31 am

Post by Awoo »

If you're picking up on scummy (questionable?) things why aren't
you
voting?
Jamiet99uk
Jamiet99uk
Goon
Jamiet99uk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:39 am

Post by Jamiet99uk »

@Awoo: Who are you addressing?
Jamiet99uk
Jamiet99uk
Goon
Jamiet99uk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:45 am

Post by Jamiet99uk »

If it's me you're talking to, I'd just say that if I changed my vote every time someone said something suspect, I'd have to move my vote at least once a page. I don't like throwing my vote around willy-nilly, like some other people seem to enjoy. Plus voting for Assemble at this point might not give very much info since he's asked to be replaced. Having said that, I don't like replacements getting a free pass.

I'm about to do a full re-read of Lucca.
Jamiet99uk
Jamiet99uk
Goon
Jamiet99uk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:45 am

Post by Jamiet99uk »

In the meantime I'm waiting for CommKnight to answer my last question to him.

Return to “Completed Open Games”