Open 695: Making Friends and Enemies [Mafia Win!]

Maki Harukawa
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: September 30, 2017
Pronoun: She

Post Post #475  (ISO)  » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:21 am

I wouldn't call it a tunnel per say I'd just say I'm more confident then your flip over others. If you have something you want to show me then by all means.
Kids are...weird. They come to me on their own. I'm not that good at taking care of them... I'm not that friendly either."

CheekyTeeky
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 04, 2017
Pronoun: She

Post Post #476  (ISO)  » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:25 am

Awoo is scummy as shit.

Maki Harukawa
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: September 30, 2017
Pronoun: She

Post Post #477  (ISO)  » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:27 am

Consider it this way Cheeky.
I sr you over Awoo who I think has 1 wolf in it. I'd lock tr the other if the other flipped scum. That is my pov
Kids are...weird. They come to me on their own. I'm not that good at taking care of them... I'm not that friendly either."

CheekyTeeky
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 04, 2017
Pronoun: She

Post Post #478  (ISO)  » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:28 am

In post 475, Maki Harukawa wrote:I wouldn't call it a tunnel per say I'd just say I'm more confident then your flip over others. If you have something you want to show me then by all means.


Can you sum up the main points that make you confident?

Pedit - ok but why?

Maki Harukawa
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: September 30, 2017
Pronoun: She

Post Post #479  (ISO)  » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:32 am

I don't think you're solving the game you're asking questions to look busy but you seem to have no follow up to the questions getting answered I also feel a few of your votes (the ones on awoo are big ones) felt slimy and opportunistic you also have this air of confidence I don't understand you having.
Kids are...weird. They come to me on their own. I'm not that good at taking care of them... I'm not that friendly either."

Maki Harukawa
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: September 30, 2017
Pronoun: She

Post Post #480  (ISO)  » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:34 am

The reason I think it's 1 scum in u2 is I have a sr on Awoo as well but given your interactions together it doesn't look like SvS so I'm wrong somewhere.
Kids are...weird. They come to me on their own. I'm not that good at taking care of them... I'm not that friendly either."

Maki Harukawa
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: September 30, 2017
Pronoun: She

Post Post #481  (ISO)  » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:35 am

I don't know if I want to focus on u2 or the scum outside the both of you because asking "hey Maki who do you sr outside those 2" makes me go "uh I just tr these people more" because it's hard to pinpoint reasons.
Kids are...weird. They come to me on their own. I'm not that good at taking care of them... I'm not that friendly either."

CheekyTeeky
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 04, 2017
Pronoun: She

Post Post #482  (ISO)  » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:56 am

In post 479, Maki Harukawa wrote:I don't think you're solving the game you're asking questions to look busy but you seem to have no follow up to the questions getting answered I also feel a few of your votes (the ones on awoo are big ones) felt slimy and opportunistic you also have this air of confidence I don't understand you having.


I haven't followed the game since page 5. I also don't see any questions I've posed that haven't been answered. Nor have I had to ask any to create content because there's plenty here that I have to analyse. I think a lot of your issues with me are you not being used to my playstyle / not having played with me, which I should probably townread you for but your push does feel like an opportunistic tunnel on me that I'd expect coming from scum. There are other points I want to make on all my scumreads. Lol yes I have an air of crazed confidence/arrogance which I love about me ;)

CheekyTeeky
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 04, 2017
Pronoun: She

Post Post #483  (ISO)  » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:58 am

In post 480, Maki Harukawa wrote:The reason I think it's 1 scum in u2 is I have a sr on Awoo as well but given your interactions together it doesn't look like SvS so I'm wrong somewhere.


I think you're going wrong because it's most likely TvT...

Maki Harukawa
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: September 30, 2017
Pronoun: She

Post Post #484  (ISO)  » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:59 am

What feels opportunistic about it? Even if I haven't played with you I should still be able to see what you're doing. Do you think your playstyle is so dif that I should tr you for it or? What should I be expecting?
Pedit: Do you tr them?
Kids are...weird. They come to me on their own. I'm not that good at taking care of them... I'm not that friendly either."

CheekyTeeky
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 04, 2017
Pronoun: She

Post Post #485  (ISO)  » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:00 am

In post 481, Maki Harukawa wrote:I don't know if I want to focus on u2 or the scum outside the both of you because asking "hey Maki who do you sr outside those 2" makes me go "uh I just tr these people more" because it's hard to pinpoint reasons.


Well you don't have to stay locked focus on anyone. Clearly you've made your mind up about me and aren't going to change your mind but don't use that as an excuse not to sort other people.

Epic Fial
Goon
 
Joined: October 07, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #486  (ISO)  » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:03 am

In post 467, CommKnight wrote:{CheekyTeeky}
{Awoo, Aubrey}
{northsidegal, Maki Harukawa, Chisa Yukizome}
{Flavor Leaf, Quick, Epic Fial}
{Jamiet99uk, Lalendra, lucca261}

Definitely a bit firmer of a readlist than before. I want to brush Jamiet off as a noob!Town. But his play is just soo scummy. Like I don't know any other site that I have ever played on that would read his play as town. So I can't even say "Oh, it's the culture over there." Because I bet if I entered the site, it definitely isn't.

Also his bitching about the mod and replacements seems like he's trying to push the topic away from himself. Blaming it on the community when every mafia forum I used before this has always had a reserve list in case of site flakes or people taking on more than they can handle at the time. This is the first site where the game begins without a reserve list already made up that I've been to though. But that also means a lot of other sites are use to people replacing out or bailing as well. So his attitude is unneeded.

I think I'm just waiting to see some flips though before I can get into figuring this one out. There's a few ways it can go and I'm trying to do it where mafia are forced to out themselves.


Wtf is this shit? How is that possibly ai? And are you always this obsessed with your gut? Is it because you are up your own ass so far? I read through one of those games you boasted about, and you were freaking clueless. And in that game you were boating about yet another game where you caught Assemblerotws because of some dumb crumb thing. I bet you'll be telling your grandkids about it one day?

In short, this game is boring as shit. Let's fight! Have at you!

CheekyTeeky
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 04, 2017
Pronoun: She

Post Post #487  (ISO)  » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:03 am

In post 484, Maki Harukawa wrote:What feels opportunistic about it? Even if I haven't played with you I should still be able to see what you're doing. Do you think your playstyle is so dif that I should tr you for it or? What should I be expecting?
Pedit: Do you tr them?


The timing of your push being buried under others pushing me. You had the advantage of coming in after people had already pushed me for the same bs. No my playstyle almost always gets me lynched early, I do plan on working out why that is at some point. Like I said I would tr you for it if that was the only issue.

Epic Fial
Goon
 
Joined: October 07, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #488  (ISO)  » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:04 am

More when i get home. Probably.

CheekyTeeky
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 04, 2017
Pronoun: She

Post Post #489  (ISO)  » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:07 am

About to give my bubba a bath I'll bbl.

Maki Harukawa
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: September 30, 2017
Pronoun: She

Post Post #490  (ISO)  » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:30 am

In post 485, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 481, Maki Harukawa wrote:I don't know if I want to focus on u2 or the scum outside the both of you because asking "hey Maki who do you sr outside those 2" makes me go "uh I just tr these people more" because it's hard to pinpoint reasons.


Well you don't have to stay locked focus on anyone. Clearly you've made your mind up about me and aren't going to change your mind but don't use that as an excuse not to sort other people.
I'm not using this for an excuse at all and of course, my opinion on you could change on you at any moment mafia's a team game if you're town I think you're scum so prove me wrong. Just going I give up won't solve anything I'm always sorting others as should you.
In post 487, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 484, Maki Harukawa wrote:What feels opportunistic about it? Even if I haven't played with you I should still be able to see what you're doing. Do you think your playstyle is so dif that I should tr you for it or? What should I be expecting?
Pedit: Do you tr them?


The timing of your push being buried under others pushing me. You had the advantage of coming in after people had already pushed me for the same bs. No my playstyle almost always gets me lynched early, I do plan on working out why that is at some point. Like I said I would tr you for it if that was the only issue.
The only person who pushed you before me was Awoo correct? and what do you mean timing? I replaced in I couldn't have planned my timing. What is so dif of your playstyle compared to the "normal" (I say normal laughing)
Kids are...weird. They come to me on their own. I'm not that good at taking care of them... I'm not that friendly either."

Jamiet99uk
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: September 09, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #491  (ISO)  » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:44 am

In post 473, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 467, CommKnight wrote:Definitely a bit firmer of a readlist than before. I want to brush Jamiet off as a noob!Town. But his play is just soo scummy. Like I don't know any other site that I have ever played on that would read his play as town. So I can't even say "Oh, it's the culture over there." Because I bet if I entered the site, it definitely isn't.


<cut>

Jamie I know you have experience elsewhere but I really recommend playing in a newbie game where you get people playing who are "trained" to give you a handle on how things work on MS. The games are still competitive and fun imo.


Thanks Cheeky. As it happens, I joined this site in September (I think) and put my name down for several newbie games as well joining this queue. This was just the first one that started. The newbie games don't appear to get set up that oftwn. Certainly I've been in the newbie queue for over a month without a game starting.

I will respond to CommKnight in a moment. Give me a second, I'm posting by phone.

Jamiet99uk
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: September 09, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #492  (ISO)  » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:07 am

In post 467, CommKnight wrote:{CheekyTeeky}
{Awoo, Aubrey}
{northsidegal, Maki Harukawa, Chisa Yukizome}
{Flavor Leaf, Quick, Epic Fial}
{Jamiet99uk, Lalendra, lucca261}

Definitely a bit firmer of a readlist than before. I want to brush Jamiet off as a noob!Town. But his play is just soo scummy. Like I don't know any other site that I have ever played on that would read his play as town. So I can't even say "Oh, it's the culture over there." Because I bet if I entered the site, it definitely isn't.

Also his bitching about the mod and replacements seems like he's trying to push the topic away from himself. Blaming it on the community when every mafia forum I used before this has always had a reserve list in case of site flakes or people taking on more than they can handle at the time. This is the first site where the game begins without a reserve list already made up that I've been to though. But that also means a lot of other sites are use to people replacing out or bailing as well. So his attitude is unneeded.

I think I'm just waiting to see some flips though before I can get into figuring this one out. There's a few ways it can go and I'm trying to do it where mafia are forced to out themselves.


@CommKnight: Which sites have you played on? List them.

Most of my experience comes from webDiplomacy on which nearly all the games are 18-25 player theme games. In that environment gambits are common and are not necessarily alignment indicative.

As for my complaint about replacements - yes, the odd substitution is unfortunately a neccessity. On webDip and vDip we'd have a subs list before the game begins (and I totally agree with you, that ought to be standard practice here). But we've had, what is it, four subs? In a 13-player game? I'm reassured to know that's not normal here, but it did kinda worry me. That's all. Certainly not AI.

I think Epic is right. You are less of a genius veteran super l-player than your ego thinks you are. Now you're voting me for completely non alignment indicative reasons.

Try harder.

Jamiet99uk
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: September 09, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #493  (ISO)  » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:12 am

In post 468, Awoo wrote:Jamie is becoming a policy lynch.
A policy lynch that I support.
VOTE: jamiet99uk
Because otherwise it's too obvious who's getting mason'd, and that's bad. At least when we remove this from the game there is a good layer of ambiguity who the copshot lands on.

Is it bad if I think this slot isn't reaaaaaaly going to flip scum? I don't think this lynch is terrible for town as we also get some info on who's on wagons and stuff, who pushed him throughout the day, etc. But I don't reaaaly think it's going to flip scum.

A lot of my scumreads are on this wagon and I feel bad in that regard but read above.

:!: :!: I THINK THIS IS L-1 :!: :!:


You are misreading my intentions. I'm not attempting to get Masoned. If I am not a Mason the Masons should definitely not attempt to Mason me. I would strongly discourage any such action!

Epic Fial
Goon
 
Joined: October 07, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #494  (ISO)  » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:32 am

I really should stop sprinkling bath salts on my corn flakes. Feeling more mellow now. Too bad i chewed the face off my lifesize Yoda action figure. Anyway, I wrote a poem. Here it is:

Ode to Cheeky
------------------------
Cheeky Cheeky you're so Teeky
But your posts all look so sneaky
And your cases are so weaky
Someone oughta take a peeky.

Quick
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: October 11, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #495  (ISO)  » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:53 am

In post 459, CheekyTeeky wrote:Ok up to page 13

Reads to that point are:

Awoo, Jamie, Comm
NSG, Aubrey, Chisa
Fial, Assemble,
Quick, Maki, Lalendra, Lucca

VOTE: Quick


Why are you Scum reading me? Why did you pick me out of the other Scum reads you have? Why not vote with Jamie, your Town read and vote Lalendra?

In post 468, Awoo wrote:Jamie is becoming a policy lynch.
A policy lynch that I support.
VOTE: jamiet99uk
Because otherwise it's too obvious who's getting mason'd, and that's bad. At least when we remove this from the game there is a good layer of ambiguity who the copshot lands on.

Is it bad if I think this slot isn't reaaaaaaly going to flip scum? I don't think this lynch is terrible for town as we also get some info on who's on wagons and stuff, who pushed him throughout the day, etc. But I don't reaaaly think it's going to flip scum.

A lot of my scumreads are on this wagon and I feel bad in that regard but read above.

:!: :!: I THINK THIS IS L-1 :!: :!:


I think this is like one of Jamies first games here. He's not PL material. This is bad and I am not going to start looking at you a lot more seriously.

northsidegal
no expectations
 
User avatar
Joined: August 24, 2017
Pronoun: She

Post Post #496  (ISO)  » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:49 am

In post 468, Awoo wrote:Jamie is becoming a policy lynch.
A policy lynch that I support.
VOTE: jamiet99uk
Because otherwise it's too obvious who's getting mason'd, and that's bad. At least when we remove this from the game there is a good layer of ambiguity who the copshot lands on.

Is it bad if I think this slot isn't reaaaaaaly going to flip scum? I don't think this lynch is terrible for town as we also get some info on who's on wagons and stuff, who pushed him throughout the day, etc. But I don't reaaaly think it's going to flip scum.

A lot of my scumreads are on this wagon and I feel bad in that regard but read above.

:!: :!: I THINK THIS IS L-1 :!: :!:

i'm not going to ask the obvious question of "why push a lynch you think will flip town", because you've answered that. the thing is, i don't think your answer is a good enough reason. like, what do we actually gain from lynching jamie? you say that you can analyze the wagons and see who pushed him and such, but you can do all of that today. if, like you said, you already believe jamie is town, then analyze the wagons and the interactions today with that in mind. you don't need him to be dead before you can start looking at, for example, players that may have opportunistically pushed his wagon. finally, if some of your actual scumreads are on the wagon, is there some reason that you're not attempting to get those players lynched? we have about 6 days left, more than enough time for a good case to change some people's minds.
VOTE: awoo

oh yeah, what's the deal with the bold? seems like a fairly weak reason to lynch somebody. it also assumes that jamie is town and that the masonize turns him into a mason instead of confirming him as scum, which i would say could be a slip except you're already assuming that he's town. i don't give too much weight to slight slips like that anyways.

Jamiet99uk
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: September 09, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #497  (ISO)  » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:21 am

Awoo must be certain I am town, and yet is trying to lynch me. The whole theory that I'm trying to get masonized makes no sense if you think I'm scum - because there's no way scum would want the masons to confirm their role. Thus Awoo knows I am town and is nevertheless attempting to lynch me.

There is only one sensible conclusion. Awoo is scum.

VOTE: Awoo

Quick
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: October 11, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #498  (ISO)  » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:38 am

Yeah, I don't mind that at all.

VOTE: Awoo

Choooo chooooo!!!

Maki Harukawa
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: September 30, 2017
Pronoun: She

Post Post #499  (ISO)  » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:46 am

You know when I saw Awoo's post I was like *perks eyebrow* myself but I think it's so honest that scum doesn't need to say a line like that I don't think scum Awoo looks at that post and clicks submit
Kids are...weird. They come to me on their own. I'm not that good at taking care of them... I'm not that friendly either."

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to Completed Open Games