Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:00 am

Post by Transcend »

To me the first quote has a clear, transparent stance

The second is a bs associative that is so early in the game and it conveniently pins two of the preferred lynches together

The third is just blatant fencesitting and waiting for others to mislynch him.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:01 am

Post by Transcend »

But please, give your feedback

Tell me something I don't know
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:13 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

But the second one is true
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
PMysterious
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:25 pm

Post by PMysterious »

Okay, back. Still not comfortable about Trans being Town, but he's showing a bit more development as of late.
In post 91, Assemblerotws wrote:
In post 88, PMysterious wrote:Looks through Trans' ISO, and here's what I see.

21 posts, all one liners, but only 3 of them are of any substance, or anything that really sticks out.
In post 11, Transcend wrote:rvs ends now

VOTE: keychain
In post 37, Transcend wrote:North is town
In post 84, Transcend wrote:sheep feels tonally empty
The first one is for being a vote on Keychain, no explanation given since then, and the only times it is brought back up is in one word posts with "Keychain".

The second one for making a read on North, again, no explanation given.

The final one, is an accusation on play, but like before, Trans gives no explanation or any extension on this whatsoever.

The remaining 18 posts fall under one of these criteria.

1. Just a quote.
2. Something that is meant to mock another player.
3. Has very little if any relevance (like lmfao, woof, or anything of that type.)

This is suspicious behavior, and it is leading me to believe that Trans is Scum or SK, just trying to stay under the radar and constantly prod dodge at the same time.
It's definitely shit he's pulled as scum in the past (most notably in Large Normal 204), but I'm not sure if he does it as town or not.
That's what I am suggesting. If there is a Town Trans that uses the first 20 posts or so as fluff, then I would really love to see it at this time (and yes, I know this is extremely late).
Show
PM, here with a calmer nature.

Modded Games
Open 469: Medical Mafia
Open 698: Stack the Deck

Currently Modding Games
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:27 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 135, Keychain wrote:
In post 133, Almost50 wrote:My lynch pool is in UC Voyager/Assemblerotws/northsidegal for today. I'd say one gets the rope, one gets blocked and one gets checked or vigged.
I don't like this pool, mostly because it's got North in it and I've been able to follow her thought process and it seems solid. However it does make me scumread you further because it seems like you just want her dead in reaction to her questioning you.
I'd much rather have Godel in there instead. Or you :wink:
Several people have questioned me and that includes YOU, yet I don't want you dead, so... *Shrug*

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:32 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 136, Transcend wrote:
In post 133, Almost50 wrote:
In post 124, Transcend wrote:i don't like the association nm made with ass-ucvoy
I do. My lynch pool is in UC Voyager/Assemblerotws/northsidegal for today. I'd say one gets the rope, one gets blocked and one gets checked or vigged.
Yet, you're voting me and I have the highest total of votes

:thinking:
Chillax!

1- My vote on you was RVS that turned into a pressure vote to get you talking. Now I'm considering moving it to a nore serious target.

2- You only have 3 votes out of 7 needed for lynch. In other words you were never in real danger of getting lynched even if all scums decided to join it for a speed lynch. I thus didn't feel the need to unvote before I did decide on whom to vote for the lynch.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:38 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 138, Transcend wrote:Right well his vote still sucks given his stance

Kinda looks like "Hey I fos x, y, and z and x has the most amount of votes, but I'm gonna vote w instead and let you guys tear apart x so i can get away without any blood on my hands."
Something calling something something!!

U mean, this from the guy who has parked his vote on someone and never even made a case, and is still voting them even though it looks like a vanity wagon for all practical purposes.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:54 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 147, northsidegal wrote:
In post 124, Transcend wrote:i don't like the association nm made with ass-ucvoy
I do. My lynch pool is in UC Voyager/Assemblerotws/northsidegal for today. I'd say one gets the rope, one gets blocked and one gets checked or vigged.
would you mind explaining your read on me and providing your own opinion on assemble? i assume your opinion on ucv is unchanged from .
You were easily triggered by me saying I was hunting "cannibals". I won't go through too many details but I'd say you're either the Vig or the SK at this point (Keychain can be the other one but he handled it a bit more subtly).

Assemblerotws is more of a gut feeling, and yes I had been following my initial thought process for UCV up until now. However, I'm starting to consider a Transcend+Keychain scum team (which also coincides with Transcend scum play of distancing with his p) and that would put Assemble on the clear as the other 2 cannibals would still be you and UCV.

Gun to my head I'd say you are the SK because the Vig would not be as jumpy to someone hunting them as they (a) would know that bringing down all cannibals = Town win, and (b) do not have a "you must outlive everyone else or you're toast" kind of a win con.

Now YOU need to explain why you made (and still are making) such a fuss about how I opted to phrase my thoughts and how does "hunting scum" differ from "hunting cannibals" in your own dictionary.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:56 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 148, Maki Harukawa wrote:
In post 54, Assemblerotws wrote:VOTE: UCV
There's no way you're actually this bad.
Bad post UC is bad town.
A50's reaction is shit vote these 2
Bad post Maki is bad town. His deductions are shit but don't vote him for them.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:56 pm

Post by Almost50 »

*HER (SORRY) :oops:

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:59 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 154, PMysterious wrote:Okay, back. Still not comfortable about Trans being Town, but he's showing a bit more development
as of late
that feels fake
Fixed that for ya :wink:

sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:04 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

In post 159, Almost50 wrote:
Bad post UC is bad town.
them is plural but his is singular
Almost50 wrote:
In post 154, PMysterious wrote:Okay, back. Still not comfortable about Trans being Town, but he's showing a bit more development
as of late
that feels fake
"
feels
fake"
so what's happening here is youre arguing about gut
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:08 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 162, sheepsaysmeep wrote:
Bad post UC is bad town.
??????????????
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:13 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 158, Almost50 wrote:You were easily triggered by me saying I was hunting "cannibals". I won't go through too many details but I'd say you're either the Vig or the SK at this point (Keychain can be the other one but he handled it a bit more subtly).

Assemblerotws is more of a gut feeling, and yes I had been following my initial thought process for UCV up until now. However, I'm starting to consider a Transcend+Keychain scum team (which also coincides with Transcend scum play of distancing with his p) and that would put Assemble on the clear as the other 2 cannibals would still be you and UCV.

Gun to my head I'd say you are the SK because the Vig would not be as jumpy to someone hunting them as they (a) would know that bringing down all cannibals = Town win, and (b) do not have a "you must outlive everyone else or you're toast" kind of a win con.

Now YOU need to explain why you made (and still are making) such a fuss about how I opted to phrase my thoughts and how does "hunting scum" differ from "hunting cannibals" in your own dictionary.
i initially questioned you for because it doesn't make a lick of sense how you go straight from talking about your scumread on ucv to talking about some weird percentages and cannibals. like, even still looking back on that i find it hard to understand - i now know the thought process behind some of the things you're saying, but it didn't make any sense. i don't even mention cannibals in my initial questioning in , because that it wasn't cannibals specifically that i was concerned about. also, do you think the vig would be okay with being lynched just because the vig is a cannibal and all scum are also cannibals, so lynching cannibals is good? it's easy to see just on a purely logical level how that doesn't make sense. finally, where in my posts do you see evidence that i have an "outlive everyone else" wincon?

as for hunting scum vs hunting cannibals, this feels to me like some kind of mistake that you made that you're doubling down on. not all cannibals are scum, so why would you be more interested or even phrase something as hunting cannibals instead of hunting scum (scum here referring to both the mafia and the sk)? actually, this argument is probably mostly semantics at this point, so hopefully we both can move on to something more productive.

i don't think anything i've done this game can be reasonably called "making a fuss". i'm just trying to follow up on things that stand out to me or things that don't make any sense.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:16 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

Bad post UC is bad town.
them is plural but his is singular
??????????????????
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:16 pm

Post by northsidegal »

oh yeah, here's the relevant parts of 49 for reference.
In post 49, Almost50 wrote:@Keychain: "The how long does RVS last" bit is fake pretension, and continuing to argue about it is overly so. It gave me the impression Voyager is trying to cover up for something but he miscalculated his move.

However, I was ONLY thinking of the "cannibals" when I said that, which would have given us a 75% hit rate on scum if we lynched him (2 Mafia + 1 SK vs 1 Vig). I now realize it could also be the other 2 TPRs, so the hit rate is 50%, and to add the possibility that it just might be a play style (I don't know him and never played with him before) I'd say LESS than 50%.

So, still the best lynch IMHO but I'm not going to vote him right away. Instead I'll wait for Transcend to engage me, N_M to keep on lurking, or someone else to start something or look more suspicious.
if anything,
your
concern with cannibals from the start of the game would incriminate you more. i approached this game as a traditional game of mafia, whereas you had the cannibal mechanic on your mind from the very start. of course, just like your argument, that point makes a lot of assumptions from a very weak starting point.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:27 pm

Post by Almost50 »

Almost50 wrote:
as of late
that feels fake
"
feels
fake"
so what's happening here is youre arguing about gut
You can call it that if you like, but I believe I've got enough experience with Transcend to know if his trolling, faking, or being serious and sincere. I also know a thing or two about his scum game (and he knows about mine which makes me even more suspicious of him for trying to throw dirt on me).

I'll try to elaborate a little for you all (so I won't end up being asked the same exact question in multiple phrasing styles): Transcend is parking his vote on someone who has no one else voting them. He doesn't make a case but keeps calling for people to vote there. Naturally people won't listen if there is no case, as it would be considered trolling. It's NOT though. It's DISTANCING. If said "target" flips at any stage of the game people will go back to analyze VCs and would find that Transcend has always been "opposed" to this person. The same applies if Transcend is the one who flips as everybody tends to think "Transcend was scum so his target was Town".

Also, Transcend is being manipulative with his recent posts about/directed at me. He is indirectly trying to get me to move my vote off him and unto Assmebler instead while Transcend himself isn't voting there. It would have been more suitable if he just tried to promote Keychain for an alternative target (as he IS voting Keychain) OR of he decided to vote Assembler himself. In short, it all smells like fart to me but I can't provide "solid" evidence on it being the case, so "gut" is fine by me.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:32 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 163, Not_Mafia wrote:
Bad post UC is bad town.
??????????????
Maki claims my reaction was shit, which I see as a shitty conclusion myself. You messed up the quotes though as I don't see how you managed to include sheep in the quotes.

sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:52 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

In post 168, Almost50 wrote:I don't see how you managed to include sheep in the quotes.
cus im pr0
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:54 pm

Post by Almost50 »

@northsidegal: You keep spewing jusnk all over, again and again.

1- First you do not understand but you claim it doesn't make sense. Then you say you managed to understand but it still doesn't make sense. Well, perhaps you need to check on your own definition of sense and/or readjust.

2- The Vig would not be OK getting lynched, but they would not be going after the one who suggested getting rid of all cannibals either. The one more likely to do so is the one who is most threatened by the concept, which I perceive to be the one who is working all alone.

3- Not all cannibals are scum, I agree. However ALL BLOODY SCUM ARE CANNIBALS. Now if you don't understand what I'm saying still you need not respond to me at all. Just vote me or ignore me. I'm not here to babysit you. If you do have a brain I suggest you use it.

4- Obviously I don't have evidence to your win con as I didn't get your role PM. Asking me to provide evidence to your win con being that of the SK is one of the silliest defences that could ever be made against the accusation. Reread point #2 in this response for more illustration (which will probably still make no sense to you).

In short, you need to push for my lynch today as hard as you can. If not; you had better kill me tonight (I initially typed "eat me" but realized it could be mistaken for an insult under the circumstances). If I'm still alive tomorrow I'm likely to keep pushing you, or -at the vfery least- grace you with more stuff that just "doesn't make sense at all" whether you understand them or not.

In the mean time...

VOTE: Transcend

for now.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:59 pm

Post by Almost50 »

Btw, the VIG would probably be paying attention to all of this so they can make an enlightened decision regarding their target tonight, and especially so if the Vig IS in if those I suspect, because scum are going to shoot within that pool too most assuredly, so there's a big chance the Vig won't make it through the night.

Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:01 pm

Post by Keychain »

In post 155, Almost50 wrote:
In post 135, Keychain wrote:
In post 133, Almost50 wrote:My lynch pool is in UC Voyager/Assemblerotws/northsidegal for today. I'd say one gets the rope, one gets blocked and one gets checked or vigged.
I don't like this pool, mostly because it's got North in it and I've been able to follow her thought process and it seems solid. However it does make me scumread you further because it seems like you just want her dead in reaction to her questioning you.
I'd much rather have Godel in there instead. Or you :wink:
Several people have questioned me and that includes YOU, yet I don't want you dead, so... *Shrug*
... Uh huh?
In post 158, Almost50 wrote:
In post 147, northsidegal wrote:
would you mind explaining your read on me and providing your own opinion on assemble? i assume your opinion on ucv is unchanged from .
You were easily triggered by me saying I was hunting "cannibals". I won't go through too many details but I'd say you're either the Vig or the SK at this point (
Keychain can be the other one but he handled it a bit more subtly
).

Assemblerotws is more of a gut feeling, and yes I had been following my initial thought process for UCV up until now.
However, I'm starting to consider a Transcend+Keychain scum team
(which also coincides with Transcend scum play of distancing with his p) and that would put Assemble on the clear as the other 2 cannibals would still be you and UCV.

(bolding mine in both quotes)

You try and refute the fact that you scumread (or cannibalread :roll: ) the players that questioned your thought process, then follow it up by doing exactly that.
Also I don't know if was referring to me as well as Maki but I'm going to pretend it was!

VOTE: Almost50

The last attempt to reverse the pressure onto North reads very badly.

PEdit : whoa that settled any doubt I might have about this vote
You're under no obligation to be the same person you were 5 minutes ago.
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:11 pm

Post by Keychain »

In post 150, Transcend wrote:Which of these 3 posts is the worst to you

"There is no way you're town"
"Ass is scum with UC"
"UC is in my scumpool but I'm not gonna lynch him :p"
In post 151, Transcend wrote:To me the first quote has a clear, transparent stance

The second is a bs associative that is so early in the game and it conveniently pins two of the preferred lynches together

The third is just blatant fencesitting and waiting for others to mislynch him.
I don't like the first one because I was interested to see how the UCV wagon developed - UCV, if town, would probably be an easy mislynch. Assemble's vote was opportunistic, underexplained and scummy because of it.

Going with the flow and staying under the radar is also very much what I'd expect from him as scum, though I believe his scumgame will have developed from the little experience I have with him.
You're under no obligation to be the same person you were 5 minutes ago.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:22 pm

Post by northsidegal »

let's go through this, point by point.
In post 170, Almost50 wrote:@northsidegal: You keep spewing jusnk all over, again and again.

1- First you do not understand but you claim it doesn't make sense. Then you say you managed to understand but it still doesn't make sense. Well, perhaps you need to check on your own definition of sense and/or readjust.
i like to think that i have a pretty good grasp on the english language, and on communications in general, but that's not always the case. when i don't get something, usually i ask for clarification. i now understand the point you were trying to make in , although if i were to look at the post without taking into account things that you have said later in the game, it would make no sense to me. also, one can understand a point but recognize that it doesn't make logical sense - if you told me you were going to take your life's savings and bet it on black at the roulette tables, i could linguistically understand what you're saying and yet recognize that, as a decision, it does not make sense.
2- The Vig would not be OK getting lynched, but they would not be going after the one who suggested getting rid of all cannibals either. The one more likely to do so is the one who is most threatened by the concept, which I perceive to be the one who is working all alone.

3- Not all cannibals are scum, I agree. However ALL BLOODY SCUM ARE CANNIBALS. Now if you don't understand what I'm saying still you need not respond to me at all. Just vote me or ignore me. I'm not here to babysit you. If you do have a brain I suggest you use it.
these two go together, so let's talk about them together. i'm going to go through this on the most basic logical level that i can. ready?

all squares are rectanges. not all rectanges are squares. i give you a set of shapes among which includes squares, rectanges and triangles, and you're tasked with finding all of the squares. now, would it be a correct strategy to look for all of the rectanges? well, you would find all of the squares in the process because all squares are rectangles, but it wouldn't be the most efficient process and you would end up with some rectanges that you didn't need to find.

do i need to explain how this connects to this game? yeah, all scum are cannibals, but there's no reason to focus on cannibals instead of scum. it doesn't make any logical sense. how can you possibly suggest that
i'm
the one not using my brain - this is
incredibly
, incredibly basic logic.

it doesn't even matter to me that much becuase you're right, there really is only one cannibal that isn't scum. but i just don't get the continued, bullish insistance that you didn't make a mistake or that your point makes sense.
4- Obviously I don't have evidence to your win con as I didn't get your role PM. Asking me to provide evidence to your win con being that of the SK is one of the silliest defences that could ever be made against the accusation. Reread point #2 in this response for more illustration (which will probably still make no sense to you).

In short, you need to push for my lynch today as hard as you can. If not; you had better kill me tonight (I initially typed "eat me" but realized it could be mistaken for an insult under the circumstances). If I'm still alive tomorrow I'm likely to keep pushing you, or -at the vfery least- grace you with more stuff that just "doesn't make sense at all" whether you understand them or not.

In the mean time...

VOTE: Transcend

for now.
i'm not asking you to quote my role pm or something, i'm asking you to just make an argument that i'm the sk. like, usually when people accuse others of being scum they have some kind of reason behind it -
any
kind of reason. when they don't, that's called the rvs stage of the game. i actually get the sense that you're scum here just because of how awkward your response to this question was. really, it wasn't difficult. all i was asking for was some evidence that i had the mentality of "stay alive until the endgame" - quote a post, make some kind of meta analysis, anything. this entire game i feel like you've done nothing but dodge reasonable questions. i like to think that i'm not an obstinate person - typically i don't get such an overreaction to the questions that i ask.
VOTE: almost

Return to “Completed Open Games”