Open 695: Making Friends and Enemies [Mafia Win!]

CheekyTeeky
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 04, 2017
Pronoun: She

Post Post #525  (ISO)  » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:53 pm

Eh I think you're just itching for me to be scum in a game with you Awoo. I really don't think you're scum so I'm not even going to OMGUS you. I think I'm going to troll you again anyway because all my posts are going through some far reaching scum filter.

Quick why aren't you voting me if you're so convinced?

northsidegal
no expectations
 
User avatar
Joined: August 24, 2017
Pronoun: She

Post Post #526  (ISO)  » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:12 pm

In post 524, Quick wrote:
In post 522, northsidegal wrote:
In post 521, Quick wrote:
In post 520, CheekyTeeky wrote:You're the one who is ringing alarm bells through my catch up. I noticed you jumped on my wagon agreeing with everyone instead of creating your own argument. I already said it looked like you're cruising through the game and I'm not super convinced you're town by your line of questionning here either. Why would I vote with a town read? One of my town reads is voting my other town read lol. I will go into more detail on my reads at some point. Sorry I keep putting it off, I've been super useless this game.


What are you even talking about? Why do people keep saying I am voting for people without my own reasoning when I most certainly am.

perhaps you're not doing a good enough job of making that clear. i thought your vote in was just sheeping me. if you had your own reasons for it i didn't really pick up on them.


Than you missed the post directly above yours.

My reason was that Awoo was advocating a PL on someone who in my mind is clearly Town.

right, but in that post you're just saying how bad you think the vote is. it isn't until i make my post and jamie sheeps me too that you hop on the wagon. through a certain lens someone might even call it opportunistic, or a scummy hop-on. what stopped you from voting in your first post and what caused you to vote in your second post? to me it seemed like you were scared to draw attention to yourself and you only voted in the comfort of a crowd.

Quick
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: October 11, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #527  (ISO)  » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:23 pm

In post 526, northsidegal wrote:
In post 524, Quick wrote:
In post 522, northsidegal wrote:
In post 521, Quick wrote:
In post 520, CheekyTeeky wrote:You're the one who is ringing alarm bells through my catch up. I noticed you jumped on my wagon agreeing with everyone instead of creating your own argument. I already said it looked like you're cruising through the game and I'm not super convinced you're town by your line of questionning here either. Why would I vote with a town read? One of my town reads is voting my other town read lol. I will go into more detail on my reads at some point. Sorry I keep putting it off, I've been super useless this game.


What are you even talking about? Why do people keep saying I am voting for people without my own reasoning when I most certainly am.

perhaps you're not doing a good enough job of making that clear. i thought your vote in was just sheeping me. if you had your own reasons for it i didn't really pick up on them.


Than you missed the post directly above yours.

My reason was that Awoo was advocating a PL on someone who in my mind is clearly Town.

right, but in that post you're just saying how bad you think the vote is. it isn't until i make my post and jamie sheeps me too that you hop on the wagon. through a certain lens someone might even call it opportunistic, or a scummy hop-on. what stopped you from voting in your first post and what caused you to vote in your second post? to me it seemed like you were scared to draw attention to yourself and you only voted in the comfort of a crowd.


TBH, it was that I agreed with what Jaimie said that was more the thing that made me want to vote Awoo. I've seen plenty of Scum try and get a PL on someone so they don't have to actually Scum hunt as well.
Wiki analyzed practically from scratch for consistency and accuracy 05/19/2018

Quick
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: October 11, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #528  (ISO)  » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:25 pm

In post 525, CheekyTeeky wrote:Eh I think you're just itching for me to be scum in a game with you Awoo. I really don't think you're scum so I'm not even going to OMGUS you. I think I'm going to troll you again anyway because all my posts are going through some far reaching scum filter.

Quick why aren't you voting me if you're so convinced?


Because right now I a looking at Awoo.. I think it was Maki that said that you and Awoo can't both be Scum, but that you are both fairly Scummy. I agree with that now.
Wiki analyzed practically from scratch for consistency and accuracy 05/19/2018

CheekyTeeky
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 04, 2017
Pronoun: She

Post Post #529  (ISO)  » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:03 pm

In post 528, Quick wrote:
In post 525, CheekyTeeky wrote:Eh I think you're just itching for me to be scum in a game with you Awoo. I really don't think you're scum so I'm not even going to OMGUS you. I think I'm going to troll you again anyway because all my posts are going through some far reaching scum filter.

Quick why aren't you voting me if you're so convinced?


Because right now I a looking at Awoo.. I think it was Maki that said that you and Awoo can't both be Scum, but that you are both fairly Scummy. I agree with that now.


But why do you think I'm scum?

Quick
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: October 11, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #530  (ISO)  » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:10 pm

In post 529, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 528, Quick wrote:
In post 525, CheekyTeeky wrote:Eh I think you're just itching for me to be scum in a game with you Awoo. I really don't think you're scum so I'm not even going to OMGUS you. I think I'm going to troll you again anyway because all my posts are going through some far reaching scum filter.

Quick why aren't you voting me if you're so convinced?


Because right now I a looking at Awoo.. I think it was Maki that said that you and Awoo can't both be Scum, but that you are both fairly Scummy. I agree with that now.


But why do you think I'm scum?


Because I think your reasoning is not fleshed out enough. I think you talk like you are Scum and not Town. I can do an ISO case, but I don't think I need to yet.
Wiki analyzed practically from scratch for consistency and accuracy 05/19/2018

Awoo
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: September 01, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #531  (ISO)  » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:25 pm

I've got no grudge against you if that's what you want to believe, cheeky. But maybe I do have some issues with your play.

I just called your read on me weak and I explained why. You respond with "ehh, i'll just troll you, you're town btw". Believe me, I'm trying to find some reason to townread you so you aren't just a wasted day 1 lynch like you say you usually are, but if you're just going to give up what's the point?

Your read on me reads like it comes from an informed perspective. Your post about me reads flippantly. Can't you do anything remotely town-motivated?

And now quick is onto questioning you, getting ready for a hop on himself, so maybe I am off the mark on voting you. But shit man, it's not town's job to act high and mighty "don't question my reading methods" "i'll just troll you, you're so stupid cant you see im town?" then blame town for mislynching them when it inevitably happens, and you need to get that through your towngame's head. Yes you are antitown. I don't know what you look like as scum.

VOTE: Quick

Quick
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: October 11, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #532  (ISO)  » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:26 pm

In post 531, Awoo wrote:I've got no grudge against you if that's what you want to believe, cheeky. But maybe I do have some issues with your play.

I just called your read on me weak and I explained why. You respond with "ehh, i'll just troll you, you're town btw". Believe me, I'm trying to find some reason to townread you so you aren't just a wasted day 1 lynch like you say you usually are, but if you're just going to give up what's the point?

Your read on me reads like it comes from an informed perspective. Your post about me reads flippantly. Can't you do anything remotely town-motivated?

And now quick is onto questioning you, getting ready for a hop on himself, so maybe I am off the mark on voting you. But shit man, it's not town's job to act high and mighty "don't question my reading methods" "i'll just troll you, you're so stupid cant you see im town?" then blame town for mislynching them when it inevitably happens, and you need to get that through your towngame's head. Yes you are antitown. I don't know what you look like as scum.

VOTE: Quick


You basically gave a reason to vote Cheeky, but in that same post you vote me. I am not getting this one...
Wiki analyzed practically from scratch for consistency and accuracy 05/19/2018

Awoo
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: September 01, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #533  (ISO)  » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:28 pm

Instead of looking for scummy posts I am looking for scum.

Quick
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: October 11, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #534  (ISO)  » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:56 pm

In post 533, Awoo wrote:Instead of looking for scummy posts I am looking for scum.


K. So I am Scum for being opportunistic, is that what I am hearing?
Wiki analyzed practically from scratch for consistency and accuracy 05/19/2018

Awoo
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: September 01, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #535  (ISO)  » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:02 pm

Yeah. Whatever's popular, you're on it. This is my observation.

Quick
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: October 11, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #536  (ISO)  » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:05 pm

In post 535, Awoo wrote:Yeah. Whatever's popular, you're on it. This is my observation.


K, but I switched my vote from Jamie who was at L-1 to you who I have no idea how many votes you had but it wasn't even close to L-1. Why would I switch off Jamie like that if that is what I was doing?
Wiki analyzed practically from scratch for consistency and accuracy 05/19/2018

Awoo
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: September 01, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #537  (ISO)  » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:06 pm

Because a new opportunity arose and the jamie wagon was collapsing? Why did you even ask this?

Quick
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: October 11, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #538  (ISO)  » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:10 pm

In post 515, Lalendra wrote:Sigh. I really don't want to townread Jamie after all that, but UNVOTE:

I already had some doubt, and his last few posts felt very Towny to me. And now I'm back at square one.


Was it you before who didn't want to unvote and kept their vote on someone because you didn't know where else to stick it? Why unvote now? What changed?
Wiki analyzed practically from scratch for consistency and accuracy 05/19/2018

Quick
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: October 11, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #539  (ISO)  » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:11 pm

In post 537, Awoo wrote:Because a new opportunity arose and the jamie wagon was collapsing? Why did you even ask this?


What do you mean the Jamie wagon was collapsing? YOU put them at L-1...
Wiki analyzed practically from scratch for consistency and accuracy 05/19/2018

Awoo
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: September 01, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #540  (ISO)  » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:21 pm

You literally hopped on a new forming wagon. Where is the jamie wagon now? Where is it GOING to be in a few pages?

"What do you mean it was collapsing?" I'll spell it out for you, since you're intentionally playing dumb:

Before you voted: Jamiet99uk (6!!): Aubrey, Lalendra, Epic Fial, Quick, CommKnight, Awoo

Your vote comes onto me: Jamiet (4): Aubrey, Lalendra, CommKnight, Awoo

Present day: Jamiet99uk (2): Aubrey, CommKnight

And then shortly after that after that lalendra unvotes. If 6 -> 2 isn't a collapse I don't know what is. Everybody still on the wagon is there because they haven't posted yet. Why did you post this? Why are you spreading misinformation?

Awoo
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: September 01, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #541  (ISO)  » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:21 pm

In post 538, Quick wrote:
In post 515, Lalendra wrote:Sigh. I really don't want to townread Jamie after all that, but UNVOTE:

I already had some doubt, and his last few posts felt very Towny to me. And now I'm back at square one.


Was it you before who didn't want to unvote and kept their vote on someone because you didn't know where else to stick it? Why unvote now? What changed?


SvS

Awoo
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: September 01, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #542  (ISO)  » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:27 pm

actually maybe not i take that back

northsidegal
no expectations
 
User avatar
Joined: August 24, 2017
Pronoun: She

Post Post #543  (ISO)  » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:32 pm

hmm, i was a little hesitant on giving awoo a free pass just because he recognized that "oops i made a mistake", but then i realized that he's been doing exactly what i said he should be doing in - analyzing jamie's wagon without the need for lynching jamie first. maybe it's just scum changing their play to adapt to my reads (a problem i should really work on), but either way i'm liking the push. for now,
VOTE: quick

my thoughts on this are in .

Quick
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: October 11, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #544  (ISO)  » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:39 pm

In post 540, Awoo wrote:You literally hopped on a new forming wagon. Where is the jamie wagon now? Where is it GOING to be in a few pages?

"What do you mean it was collapsing?" I'll spell it out for you, since you're intentionally playing dumb:

Before you voted: Jamiet99uk (6!!): Aubrey, Lalendra, Epic Fial, Quick, CommKnight, Awoo

Your vote comes onto me: Jamiet (4): Aubrey, Lalendra, CommKnight, Awoo

Present day: Jamiet99uk (2): Aubrey, CommKnight

And then shortly after that after that lalendra unvotes. If 6 -> 2 isn't a collapse I don't know what is. Everybody still on the wagon is there because they haven't posted yet. Why did you post this? Why are you spreading misinformation?


I don't usually pay too much attention to votes but I did here and you are just wrong here. Jamie was one vote that voted you and they weren't voting themselves, and the other was Noth, who wasn't voting Jamie either. The only person who unvoted or switched votes was epic and I. It was L-1 and then Epic unvoted (which I didn't see because it was a small post and they have no avatar).

This is the unofficial VC and all the votes and unvotes after that:

In post 450, Jamiet99uk wrote:VOTE COUNT 1.6.1 (UNOFFICIAL)

Jamiet99uk (5): Aubrey, Lalendra, Epic Fial, Quick, CommKnight
CommKnight (2): Chisa Yukizome, lucca261
Lalendra (2): Awoo, Jamiet99uk
Maki Harukawa (1): northsidegal
Epic Fial (1): CheekyTeeky
Lucca(1): Flavour Leaf
CheekyTeeky(1): Maki Harukawa


I hope that's correct...

In post 454, lucca261 wrote:UNVOTE:

In post 459, CheekyTeeky wrote:Ok up to page 13

Reads to that point are:

Awoo, Jamie, Comm
NSG, Aubrey, Chisa
Fial, Assemble,
Quick, Maki, Lalendra, Lucca

VOTE: Quick

In post 468, Awoo wrote:Jamie is becoming a policy lynch.
A policy lynch that I support.
VOTE: jamiet99uk
Because otherwise it's too obvious who's getting mason'd, and that's bad. At least when we remove this from the game there is a good layer of ambiguity who the copshot lands on.

Is it bad if I think this slot isn't reaaaaaaly going to flip scum? I don't think this lynch is terrible for town as we also get some info on who's on wagons and stuff, who pushed him throughout the day, etc. But I don't reaaaly think it's going to flip scum.

A lot of my scumreads are on this wagon and I feel bad in that regard but read above.

:!: :!: I THINK THIS IS L-1 :!: :!:

In post 469, Epic Fial wrote:UNVOTE:

Content within twelve hours, I am hoping. Busy trying to order a new Hilary Clinton waifu pillow on eBay, after the old one underwent terminal deflation last night. Waifu pillows are inflatable and more or less anatomically correct, right?

In post 496, northsidegal wrote:
In post 468, Awoo wrote:Jamie is becoming a policy lynch.
A policy lynch that I support.
VOTE: jamiet99uk
Because otherwise it's too obvious who's getting mason'd, and that's bad. At least when we remove this from the game there is a good layer of ambiguity who the copshot lands on.

Is it bad if I think this slot isn't reaaaaaaly going to flip scum? I don't think this lynch is terrible for town as we also get some info on who's on wagons and stuff, who pushed him throughout the day, etc. But I don't reaaaly think it's going to flip scum.

A lot of my scumreads are on this wagon and I feel bad in that regard but read above.

:!: :!: I THINK THIS IS L-1 :!: :!:

i'm not going to ask the obvious question of "why push a lynch you think will flip town", because you've answered that. the thing is, i don't think your answer is a good enough reason. like, what do we actually gain from lynching jamie? you say that you can analyze the wagons and see who pushed him and such, but you can do all of that today. if, like you said, you already believe jamie is town, then analyze the wagons and the interactions today with that in mind. you don't need him to be dead before you can start looking at, for example, players that may have opportunistically pushed his wagon. finally, if some of your actual scumreads are on the wagon, is there some reason that you're not attempting to get those players lynched? we have about 6 days left, more than enough time for a good case to change some people's minds.
VOTE: awoo

oh yeah, what's the deal with the bold? seems like a fairly weak reason to lynch somebody. it also assumes that jamie is town and that the masonize turns him into a mason instead of confirming him as scum, which i would say could be a slip except you're already assuming that he's town. i don't give too much weight to slight slips like that anyways.

In post 497, Jamiet99uk wrote:Awoo must be certain I am town, and yet is trying to lynch me. The whole theory that I'm trying to get masonized makes no sense if you think I'm scum - because there's no way scum would want the masons to confirm their role. Thus Awoo knows I am town and is nevertheless attempting to lynch me.

There is only one sensible conclusion. Awoo is scum.

VOTE: Awoo

In post 498, Quick wrote:Yeah, I don't mind that at all.

VOTE: Awoo

Choooo chooooo!!!

In post 508, Awoo wrote:UNVOTE: oof

In post 512, Awoo wrote:VOTE: Quick Nope, votes on my wagon look good. Except for quick. 344 was just a wagon building vote. Your vote on me is just a wagon building vote. is weak reasoning for joining the wagon. Like the other guy said, it's a weak hypothetical that relies on... what? I like him for scum here.

You vote him since his content is not deep enough but he's pretty town though? voting, pressuring for good reasons. I was just despairing in my post over jamie being doomed not to live to endgame because of silly/annoying things he does and that town won't look past that. But we can though, you know? So I'm happy I made that post.

In post 515, Lalendra wrote:Sigh. I really don't want to townread Jamie after all that, but UNVOTE:

I already had some doubt, and his last few posts felt very Towny to me. And now I'm back at square one.

In post 517, Epic Fial wrote:That reminds me...


VOTE: CommKnight

Rationale to follow when I think of it.

In post 523, Awoo wrote:Okay, but really cheeky,

I said that post was scummy as hell not you're scum. That's a suicide post if you are. Main reason I townread you is because of your response to my meta argument. Scum don't say "don't townread me" lol. Yes I am all over the place I'm in too many games :/ but I don't want to replace and be that guy. I think 3 should be my limit.


Do scum really not say "don't townread me"? That's reaaaaly not that hard to fake, considering the result I got out of it.

When you say my post is scummy as hell, ok you're not wrong, but what do you really mean by it if you're townreading me? What does this add to the game? This just reads like you have are looking at the game through an informed point of view to me. See this post in here for an example of what I mean. (taken from my scumgame, you were there ;))

For the record my vote on jamie wasn't supposed to be a reaction test, just a classic LapseInJudgement (TM)

VOTE: Cheeky

In post 531, Awoo wrote:I've got no grudge against you if that's what you want to believe, cheeky. But maybe I do have some issues with your play.

I just called your read on me weak and I explained why. You respond with "ehh, i'll just troll you, you're town btw". Believe me, I'm trying to find some reason to townread you so you aren't just a wasted day 1 lynch like you say you usually are, but if you're just going to give up what's the point?

Your read on me reads like it comes from an informed perspective. Your post about me reads flippantly. Can't you do anything remotely town-motivated?

And now quick is onto questioning you, getting ready for a hop on himself, so maybe I am off the mark on voting you. But shit man, it's not town's job to act high and mighty "don't question my reading methods" "i'll just troll you, you're so stupid cant you see im town?" then blame town for mislynching them when it inevitably happens, and you need to get that through your towngame's head. Yes you are antitown. I don't know what you look like as scum.

VOTE: Quick


If anything, It looks like you are panicing with how you are switching your vote every half hour.
Wiki analyzed practically from scratch for consistency and accuracy 05/19/2018

Awoo
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: September 01, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #545  (ISO)  » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:44 am

Are you really going to nitpick over something super obvious? You're not going to convince me. Lol @ the panic though, I think I'll be keeping me vote here for a while.

Aubrey
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 17, 2016
Location: Southern USA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #546  (ISO)  » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:45 am

Hey guys, I'll hopefully be catching up sometime today. Been enjoying Halloween weekend activities. :dead:

Torque
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: April 04, 2017
Location: Nakano Mansion
Pronoun: He

Post Post #547  (ISO)  » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:23 am

Votecount 1.8

Jamiet99uk (2): Aubrey, CommKnight
Awoo (2): Jamiet99uk, Quick
CheekyTeeky (2): lucca261, Maki Harukawa
CommKnight (2): Chisa Yukizome, Epic Fial
Quick (3): CheekyTeeky, Awoo, northsidegal
lucca261 (1): Flavor Leaf

Not voting: Lalendra

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch!

Day 1 will end in (expired on 2017-11-03 10:00:00)
Don't feel like you should be the only one holding you back. Do whatever you want to do.

CommKnight
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: January 07, 2017
Location: Canada
Pronoun: He

Post Post #548  (ISO)  » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:43 am

In post 546, Aubrey wrote:Hey guys, I'll hopefully be catching up sometime today. Been enjoying Halloween weekend activities. :dead:


Same, I was completely out of it last night.

VOTE: Quick

You're dropping down deep on my list.
Modded
Open 691 (Mafia Win)
Open 700 (Town Win)
Mini 1976 - Filled (Currently setting up)

Awoo
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: September 01, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #549  (ISO)  » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:54 pm

CHOO CHOO

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to Completed Open Games