Newbie 1821: The Newlywed Game [Game Over][

Huntress
Mafia Scum

Pronoun: She

Post Post #1375  (ISO)  » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:18 pm

I was still trying to make my mind up.

If you were scum, I think you would have voted Assembler there. That, and your play toDay makes me think you're more likely to be town than he is, which cancels out Plus's later play.

So I'm going to decide based on your play and Assembler's play toDay.

Vote: Assembler

Cabd
Every Breath You Take

Pronoun: He

Post Post #1376  (ISO)  » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:20 pm

Votecount 4-8

It is currently day four. With 3 players alive, it will take 2 votes to lynch or force a no-lynch.

Huntress (1): Sunlit Diamond
Assemblretrotws (1): Huntress

Not Voting (1): Assemblerotws

The deadline for day four was set at 2 weeks from the start of the day. The current timer can be seen here: (expired on 2017-10-29 21:32:24)
Rule Breaker: a weapon that materializes the divinity of the witch of betrayal. It will find your ribs eventually.

Sunlit Diamond
Mafia Scum

Pronoun: They

Post Post #1377  (ISO)  » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:22 pm

You could win by default by just sitting there for ten minutes. Maybe you're still trying to get a true win, not a default win, but like I said a bit ago- I'd rather lose by design than lose by default, and if Assembler's town those are my only options for the future.

VOTE: Assembler
Bipolar • ADHD • Call me Sunny • GTKAS
May your past be the sound of your feet upon the ground - carry on.

Cabd
Every Breath You Take

Post Post #1378  (ISO)  » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:28 pm

Eating dinner with some scummers; flips once I give them the boot.
Rule Breaker: a weapon that materializes the divinity of the witch of betrayal. It will find your ribs eventually.

Cabd
Every Breath You Take

Post Post #1379  (ISO)  » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:24 pm

Will edit this fancy when tomorrow rolls around, but..

Assmeble, Vanilla TOwn, lynched day four.
Sunlit Diamond, vanilla town, was endgamed.

The mafia team of Huntress and Nictis has won Newbie 1821.

Sunlit Diamond
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1380  (ISO)  » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:28 pm

Well.

I am comforted that my read was accurate.

Could kick myself for getting impatient and not waiting. :P

Assembler, why did you vanish??

UC Voyager
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1381  (ISO)  » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:43 pm

lol....damn it assemble
so...i don't get enough sleep

Keychain
Goon

Post Post #1382  (ISO)  » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:59 pm

gg scum! Well played.

Sunlit Diamond wrote:Well.

I am comforted that my read was accurate.

Could kick myself for getting impatient and not waiting. :P

Assembler, why did you vanish??

You were the hero we needed, even though it didn't pan out. Thank you for replacing in! We'll eventually play in the same game at the same time, I'm sure :wink:

Yeah I agree, better to vote and lose than lose via no lynch.
Keychain#9808 :]

He aha te mea nui o te Ao? He tāngata, he tāngata, he tāngata. || speak for yourself, I am IMMORTAL thankyouverymuch

UC Voyager
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1383  (ISO)  » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:00 am

i would have probably voted assemble if i were in that situation. His lurk game style gets him lynched so often....
so...i don't get enough sleep

Sunlit Diamond
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1384  (ISO)  » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:14 am

I struggled hard. There was a lot to go through in RC's history, but really it came down to knowing I was town, realizing that in order for RC to be scum he'd have to be running like seven gambits at once, and Huntress's reasons for townreading me were shoddy. :P

Sunlit Diamond
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1385  (ISO)  » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:15 am

But the disappearance made my brain hurt because we were so close to deadline. I started questioning myself, and wondering if he'd just decided to ignore the game and win that way. Bah.

Sunlit Diamond
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1386  (ISO)  » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:21 am

Also: 53 fucking pages in 12 hours. THAT WAS A HELL OF A MARATHON.

Sunlit Diamond
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1387  (ISO)  » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:24 am

Plus Minus: Please come back. You and I think similarly.
NSG: Can you explain why you were scumreading huntress the entire game, but didn't visit her?
Keychain: Should definitely play together soon! What queues do you like to play in?

Sunlit Diamond
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1388  (ISO)  » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:26 am

Huntress: Your choices for lylo player were masterful. I had to bend my brain into pretzels before I found the patterns I needed to make a read because all the stuff that usually helps me (ISOs, VCA, associations) was profoundly unhelpful until I started examining RC's motivation and the thing clicked where I realized he was trying to put the PR into lylo. How did you know to NK NSG, or was that a lucky guess?

Now I stop spamming. I think. :P

northsidegal
no expectations

Post Post #1389  (ISO)  » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:30 am

In post 1387, Sunlit Diamond wrote:Plus Minus: Please come back. You and I think similarly.
NSG: Can you explain why you were scumreading huntress the entire game, but didn't visit her?
Keychain: Should definitely play together soon! What queues do you like to play in?

my main scumread day one was moisto but other people didn't share my opinion on that. i knew if i was going to be useful to town i either had to get myself out of that tunnel or confirm it, so i visited moisto night one. night two i was really annoyed at rc's hammer so i visited him for pretty much the same reasons - if i didn't know that he was innocent i would've wasted everyone's time pushing him. i did visit huntress night three but it seems she saw through rc's smokescreen attempt for me.

northsidegal
no expectations

Post Post #1390  (ISO)  » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:31 am

also, i definitely agree and hope that plus minus comes back some day - i'm certain he'll be great whether town or scum.

Sunlit Diamond
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1391  (ISO)  » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:35 am

To be honest Plus Minus and I think so similarly that I had a really hard time not aligning myself to his thought process exactly and inadvertently giving off newbscum signals. *snort*

I didn't even factor in that you believed RC because you knew he was town, NSG. herp-derp. There I go being all logical when there was a black and white practical explanation. Whoops.

northsidegal
no expectations

Post Post #1392  (ISO)  » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:40 am

yeah, it seemed weird to me that nobody seemed to pick up on that. maybe i'm just not used to gambits, but i think i definitely would have said something if i didn't know rc was town there and that he was trying to draw the nk away from me.

northsidegal
no expectations

Post Post #1393  (ISO)  » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:41 am

good job solving the game though, even if it didn't end up working out. you had a lot to read through but you still came out with really nice conclusions!

Sunlit Diamond
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1394  (ISO)  » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:54 am

In post 1392, northsidegal wrote:yeah, it seemed weird to me that nobody seemed to pick up on that. maybe i'm just not used to gambits, but i think i definitely would have said something if i didn't know rc was town there and that he was trying to draw the nk away from me.

I am betting Huntress picked up on this even if I didn't.

RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1395  (ISO)  » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:05 am

Not showing up to LyLo to vote before endgame is beyond lurking it's completely unacceptable.
If you're Macho and someone tries to rolestop you, you never realise you're being targeted for a kill, so your machismo never gets challenged

Sunlit Diamond
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1396  (ISO)  » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:10 am

It was incredibly frustrating, as someone who puts a lot into my games, even if I'm only in them for a few days.

RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1397  (ISO)  » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:19 am

In post 1388, Sunlit Diamond wrote:Huntress: Your choices for lylo player were masterful. I had to bend my brain into pretzels before I found the patterns I needed to make a read because all the stuff that usually helps me (ISOs, VCA, associations) was profoundly unhelpful until I started examining RC's motivation and the thing clicked where I realized he was trying to put the PR into lylo. How did you know to NK NSG, or was that a lucky guess?

Now I stop spamming. I think. :P

Huntress would always have seen through that claim. My CC was insurance for the universe where it was +/- because he wouldn't have known.
If you're Macho and someone tries to rolestop you, you never realise you're being targeted for a kill, so your machismo never gets challenged

WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1398  (ISO)  » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:45 am

In post 1395, RadiantCowbells wrote:Not showing up to LyLo to vote before endgame is beyond lurking it's completely unacceptable.

^^

SD kudos to you for replacing in so late and managing to get the correct reads. Reading 50+ pages, making good arguments, and being analytical so close to the end of the game is something I'll never be able to do. It's a shame assemble didn't come on :/
Well played to everyone

I hope we play together some day from start to finish :P

Keychain
Goon

Post Post #1399  (ISO)  » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:37 am

Sorry for not following through on your Huntress read WhyM :lol:

In post 1387, Sunlit Diamond wrote:Keychain: Should definitely play together soon! What queues do you like to play in?

Micros are my favourite, I enjoy opens and mini themes as well though. Won't be joining any new games for a while though.
Keychain#9808 :]

He aha te mea nui o te Ao? He tāngata, he tāngata, he tāngata. || speak for yourself, I am IMMORTAL thankyouverymuch

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to Completed Newbie Games