Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:26 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 376, Wossi wrote:Derpy and Xiao are so loud and so distracting. Scum is hiding, but not necessarily by not posting. Judging scumminess by activity level is a slippery slope. Town and scum are equally likely to have real life conflicts.

I want to dissect Animetrix and see if I can explain what's making me feel ick about his play....Nauci actually has similar vibes too. Kinda naive and kinda seeking affirmation a bit too much. Animetrix's "Are you sure you want to town read me?" was so bad and then Nauci actually gave him town points for it!. But I need to be on my computer. So tomorrow. But yeah, we need to stop allowing Derpy and Xiao to hog the spotlight
When have I ever sought affirmation? (ಠ_ಠ)

Town and scum are equally likely to be unable to post but only one group actively benefits from lurking. It's ridiculous smokescreening to give lurkers a pass and it makes the game shittier if you don't care about half of the game posting.

It's perfectly valid to ask someone why they read a person as town even if it's themselves. It means not letting scum lazily get away with town reading town for Towny credit and pocketing. Scum and town reads are both suspicious if baseless.

This was a super scummy post!
Wossi
Wossi
Goon
Wossi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:30 pm

Post by Wossi »

No. Town should read town as town. Animetrix is mafia trying too hard to overcompensate. And Nauci is encouraging and supporting it.
Xiao Long
Xiao Long
Mafia Scum
Xiao Long
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:32 pm

Post by Xiao Long »

Well ideally town should read town as town, but they often read scum as town as well.
I keep going back and forth on Nauchos and Anime, plus not enough interaction from others to get a real read on them, which is frustrating.
"The only way to get smarter is by playing a smarter opponent."
Apple Jack
Apple Jack
Mafia Scum
Apple Jack
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:34 pm

Post by Apple Jack »

In post 423, Wossi wrote:You're self-aware enough to realize your play is problematic but make no effort to correct it?
My play is only problematic to scum and players who play bad on purpose or rely on stupid/bad/ineffective tactics.

I call things as I see them. I hold players to a high level cause I’m sick and tired of coming across players who care so little about the integrity of mafia.

If xl is town. He said “fuck the game integrity “ the moment he said he may be scum. Town should never joke about that. It looks like a scum trick because people will be all “scum would never do that” but imo town should never do it.
I love MUFFINS!!!
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:36 pm

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

derpy hard tunnels town as town therefore derpy and xiao are both town

now lets lynch wossi
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:37 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 410, Apple Jack wrote:
In post 8, Apple Jack wrote:for the sake of not ruining the game on day 1, I’m probably just going to ask questions and process information and won’t actually start pushing to lynch my scum reads until day 2. This is unorthodox and some will find it scummy but I’m not really worried about that.
It’s almost like I warned people about me and yet people still wanted to tangle with me
You correctly identified your problem in your disclaimers but didn't go through with your fixes. Knowing is *half* the battle. Please deliver on the other 50% because as it is, you are simultaneously not using your votes to pressure anybody *and* tunneling 2 people and not providing reads on the other 10 people in the game, which is anti town.

Even if we do lynch one of your reads today, there's no reason you shouldn't be prodding at everyone else for information. Half of your contributions involve calling scum hunting tactics bad instead of scum hunting. Maybe if you cared about the integrity of mafia you'd contribute something useful instead? Ffs I read XL as scummy and he's gotten more info out of players this game than you have despite word count.
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:38 pm

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

In post 379, Flavor Leaf wrote:VOTE: Porkens

I’m not going to have much time today or tomorrow, but I will get to this game.

I think Porkens is scum taking advantage for a mislynch on Wossi.
kinda want to sheep this tbh
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:38 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 429, Dunkerdoodles wrote:derpy hard tunnels town as town therefore derpy and xiao are both town

now lets lynch wossi
I have a dream

That one day

I'll see a dunk post with more than 140 characters

Dunk what are your other reads? What do you think of Porkens and Anime?
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:39 pm

Post by Nauci »

Every post Wossi makes is giving me scummier vibes but I'm still quite paranoid this could be true.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:40 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 431, Dunkerdoodles wrote:

kinda want to sheep this tbh
I keep not seeing post updates on mobile :/

Missed a whole hammer page because of it once

Wtfff
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:40 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Hello, I'm replacing Sheep. Mod hasn't announced it yet, hope this is okay.

Gonna call Derp Hooves/Xiao Long team.
  1. Xiao Long claimed scum in his first post.
  2. When feuds aren't actually trying to lynch each other, it's a distancing technique. Seriously, they've been feuding since Derpy's first post.
  3. First post admitting that they won't be lynching their reads. In this case, we even get an explicit admission that they won't lynch their read/feud in Derpy's first post. Second post admits to a desire to cast the hammer. Scum behavior.
  4. Couching scumreads as "I don't like anti-town behavior". This is an attempt to build deniability for leaving the wagon if it accidentally grows. Calling it now that Derpy will attempt to defuse any Xiao Long wagon. "I just dislike him, that's not a reason to lynch him".
  5. Always wagon "fake" hammers.
VOTE: Xiao Long. Starting with the one I'm more confident on.

PS. Hey Porkens, long time.
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:43 pm

Post by Nauci »

What does #5 mean?

Also I like that post. Hmmm.
Xiao Long
Xiao Long
Mafia Scum
Xiao Long
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:44 pm

Post by Xiao Long »

In post 428, Apple Jack wrote:
In post 423, Wossi wrote:You're self-aware enough to realize your play is problematic but make no effort to correct it?
My play is only problematic to scum and players who play bad on purpose or rely on stupid/bad/ineffective tactics.

I call things as I see them. I hold players to a high level cause I’m sick and tired of coming across players who care so little about the integrity of mafia.

If xl is town. He said “fuck the game integrity “ the moment he said he may be scum. Town should never joke about that. It looks like a scum trick because people will be all “scum would never do that” but imo town should never do it.
Dawg, let's get really real. You've taken one post I made as a joke in rvs and applied your opinion of it to every one of my posts since then. It really doesn't matter what I post because you're going to keep your opinion no matter what.
In post 429, Dunkerdoodles wrote:derpy hard tunnels town as town therefore derpy and xiao are both town

now lets lynch wossi
He's hard-tunneling on Wossi too though, so wouldn't that make Wossi town?
In post 430, Nauci wrote:
In post 410, Apple Jack wrote:
In post 8, Apple Jack wrote:for the sake of not ruining the game on day 1, I’m probably just going to ask questions and process information and won’t actually start pushing to lynch my scum reads until day 2. This is unorthodox and some will find it scummy but I’m not really worried about that.
It’s almost like I warned people about me and yet people still wanted to tangle with me
You correctly identified your problem in your disclaimers but didn't go through with your fixes. Knowing is *half* the battle. Please deliver on the other 50% because as it is, you are simultaneously not using your votes to pressure anybody *and* tunneling 2 people and not providing reads on the other 10 people in the game, which is anti town.

Even if we do lynch one of your reads today, there's no reason you shouldn't be prodding at everyone else for information. Half of your contributions involve calling scum hunting tactics bad instead of scum hunting. Maybe if you cared about the integrity of mafia you'd contribute something useful instead? Ffs I read XL as scummy and he's gotten more info out of players this game than you have despite word count.
Spoiler:

Holy moly, it's a Christmas miracle! Someone actually sees what I'm saying!
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:45 pm

Post by Nauci »

I don't think he town read you just because derp tunnelled you. I think he town reads derp because of that.
Apple Jack
Apple Jack
Mafia Scum
Apple Jack
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:46 pm

Post by Apple Jack »

In post 430, Nauci wrote:not providing reads on the other 10 people in the game, which is anti town.
Well I don’t remember asking anyone my reads on others. I don’t share all my reads though cause I don’t give scum more info than they need. If I’ve found 2 scum and I’m fairly certain they will flip scum, why not just worry about getting them lynched?

My neighbor partner is scum guaranteed. It’s not even a shadow of a doubt at this point. I’ll concede XL could be town but I think it’s a low percentage. That’s why I endorse a vig shot. Not having to sort him day 2 helps the game imo.
I love MUFFINS!!!
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:48 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

In post 436, Nauci wrote:What does #5 mean?

Also I like that post. Hmmm.
This.
In post 361, Xiao Long wrote:Fuck it, I'm hammering
VOTE: Wossi
In post 365, Apple Jack wrote:That wasn’t a hammer
In post 366, Xiao Long wrote:VOTE: Derpy
I know
As a general rule, don't trust someone who dismisses criticism in one breath with "I was joking" and then complains in the next that people do not take them seriously. It's manipulative behavior that attempts to provide cover in advance for future errors. This is a read of Xiao Long, if that's not obvious.

Also, y'all post too quickly and don't think before posting. It's annoying. Consolidate your responses to a single post please.

Thank you to Derpy for reminding me that htey called for vigilante kills. This is a classic scum move.
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:48 pm

Post by Nauci »

VOTE: Porkens

I've seen you scum hunt a lot more than this, Bacons!
Xiao Long
Xiao Long
Mafia Scum
Xiao Long
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:50 pm

Post by Xiao Long »

In post 435, Lord Gurgi wrote:Hello, I'm replacing Sheep. Mod hasn't announced it yet, hope this is okay.

RVS throw away post. Unless you think I trust tell?

2. When feuds aren't actually trying to lynch each other, it's a distancing technique. Seriously, they've been feuding since Derpy's first post.
    I'm literally voting him now trying to get others to vote him.

3. First post admitting that they won't be lynching their reads. In this case, we even get an explicit admission that they won't lynch their read/feud in Derpy's first post. Second post admits to a desire to cast the hammer. Scum behavior.
    This was Derpy, not me

4. Couching scumreads as "I don't like anti-town behavior". This is an attempt to build deniability for leaving the wagon if it accidentally grows. Calling it now that Derpy will attempt to defuse any Xiao Long wagon. "I just dislike him, that's not a reason to lynch him".
    Then this is also about Derpy and not me?

Why tho?

Apple Jack
Apple Jack
Mafia Scum
Apple Jack
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:51 pm

Post by Apple Jack »

In post 435, Lord Gurgi wrote:First post admitting that they won't be lynching their reads. In this case, we even get an explicit admission that they won't lynch their read/feud in Derpy's first post. Second post admits to a desire to cast the hammer. Scum behavior.
Couching scumreads as "I don't like anti-town behavior". This is an attempt to build deniability for leaving the wagon if it accidentally grows. Calling it now that Derpy will attempt to defuse any Xiao Long wagon. "I just dislike him, that's not a reason to lynch him".
3 is actually non AI and something I’m doing in every game regardless of alignment.
4. Is what I do as either alignment also so it is also non AI.

You are right about XL, wrong about me. 50% is ok. Nice try.
I love MUFFINS!!!
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:51 pm

Post by Nauci »

Sorry I multi post because it's 100000000x easier than multi quote posts when on mobile, and I'm mostly on mobile this week in bed with a 102 fever.
Apple Jack
Apple Jack
Mafia Scum
Apple Jack
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:52 pm

Post by Apple Jack »

Btw scum have been caught in rvs so nothing is excluded in this game
I love MUFFINS!!!
Xiao Long
Xiao Long
Mafia Scum
Xiao Long
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:55 pm

Post by Xiao Long »

In post 438, Nauci wrote:I don't think he town read you just because derp tunnelled you. I think he town reads derp because of that.
Maybe I'm confused, I thought he was saying I'm town because he thinks Derp is town and is hard tunneling me, which would mean he should think Wossi is town as well.
In post 439, Apple Jack wrote:
In post 430, Nauci wrote:not providing reads on the other 10 people in the game, which is anti town.
Well I don’t remember asking anyone my reads on others. I don’t share all my reads though cause I don’t give scum more info than they need. If I’ve found 2 scum and I’m fairly certain they will flip scum, why not just worry about getting them lynched?

My neighbor partner is scum guaranteed. It’s not even a shadow of a doubt at this point. I’ll concede XL could be town but I think it’s a low percentage. That’s why I endorse a vig shot. Not having to sort him day 2 helps the game imo.
How is your scum partner guaranteed to us?
In post 440, Lord Gurgi wrote:
In post 436, Nauci wrote: As a general rule, don't trust someone who dismisses criticism in one breath with "I was joking" and then complains in the next that people do not take them seriously. It's manipulative behavior that attempts to provide cover in advance for future errors. This is a read of Xiao Long, if that's not obvious.

Also, y'all post too quickly and don't think before posting. It's annoying. Consolidate your responses to a single post please.

Thank you to Derpy for reminding me that htey called for vigilante kills. This is a classic scum move.
The only thing I've dismissed as joking was my rvs posts. AND I didn't call for vig, that was Tyrrion. Try again.
Xiao Long
Xiao Long
Mafia Scum
Xiao Long
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:56 pm

Post by Xiao Long »

In post 445, Apple Jack wrote:Btw scum have been caught in rvs so nothing is excluded in this game
I will concede this is true, but it doesn't apply to me because I'm not scum.
Wossi
Wossi
Goon
Wossi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:57 pm

Post by Wossi »

In post 433, Nauci wrote:

Every post Wossi makes is giving me scummier vibes but I'm still quite paranoid this could be true.
Too basic that my scumminess increases at the same time I start calling you out....too obvious.

And Derpy, your play is problematic to me and I'm not scum nor playing badly on purpose. You made a judgement call sooooo early and then brickwalled me. How am I supposed to work with that? I read on the wiki that it's best play for neighbors who don't know each others alignment should just play uhder te assumptions their both town, so thats what I did. Then I voted for you. That's the chain of events that got us here. It's crazy that you've gotten to I must be scum with zero doubt from that. Your play is problematic
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:58 pm

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

In post 435, Lord Gurgi wrote:Hello, I'm replacing Sheep. Mod hasn't announced it yet, hope this is okay.

derpy's town meta is to bus other townies
i saw a game where derpy was scum though and talking about wanting to manipulate his meta by hard tunnelling someone
could be happening here, i''d see him hard bussing early

you seem smart, i'll trust you for now
VOTE: xiao

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”