Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:27 am

Post by CommKnight »

And what mechanics have I manipulated?
Modded
Open 691 (Mafia Win)
Open 700 (Town Win)
Mini 1976 - Filled (Currently setting up)
Jamiet99uk
Jamiet99uk
Goon
Jamiet99uk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:35 am

Post by Jamiet99uk »

In post 825, CommKnight wrote:And what mechanics have I manipulated?
You scolded me for allegedly denying you the chance to do it. I already talked about this within last 2 pages. Go and read.
CommKnight
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:36 am

Post by CommKnight »

That isn't manipulating mechanics or cheating. That's perception that it was a hammer vote and getting someone to confess.

I know, crazy. But it happens on this site.
Modded
Open 691 (Mafia Win)
Open 700 (Town Win)
Jamiet99uk
Jamiet99uk
Goon
Jamiet99uk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:37 am

Post by Jamiet99uk »

In post 827, CommKnight wrote:That isn't manipulating mechanics or cheating. That's perception that it was a hammer vote and getting someone to confess.

I know, crazy. But it happens on this site.
Yes, it is manipulating the mechanics. It absolutely is.
CommKnight
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:41 am

Post by CommKnight »

I think the next game you play should be a newbie.
Modded
Open 691 (Mafia Win)
Open 700 (Town Win)
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:52 am

Post by Lalendra »

Not manipulating mechanics. At this point idc if you're scum or not, we can go about sorting that out once you're gone. If you're scum, great - if you're just toxic, rude and anti-town, then that's good too. I don't understand why people insist on self-voting, attacking others personally, etc. It's not just playing against your wincon, it ruins the game for everyone else. Take your toxicity elsewhere.

VOTE: jamiet
Jamiet99uk
Jamiet99uk
Goon
Jamiet99uk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:09 am

Post by Jamiet99uk »

I've spent 13 days trying to help town while the likes of CommKnight and Eric stroke their egos and tell fairy tales. I'm self voting because we might as well end this phase now. My flip might at least give you some information. If you don't want me dead, vote for someone else.
Jamiet99uk
Jamiet99uk
Goon
Jamiet99uk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:11 am

Post by Jamiet99uk »

In post 829, CommKnight wrote:I think the next game you play should be a newbie.
Been in the Newbie game queue since early September and still waiting.
Maki Harukawa
Maki Harukawa
Mafia Scum
Maki Harukawa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:36 am

Post by Maki Harukawa »

Can we not wagon the most obv town in the world
Kids are...weird. They come to me on their own. I'm not that good at taking care of them... I'm not that friendly either."
Awoo
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:10 am

Post by Awoo »

Been in the Newbie game queue since early September and still waiting.
Not sure how to break this to you but... you're not actually in the queue
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:58 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 515, Lalendra wrote:Sigh. I really don't want to townread Jamie after all that, but UNVOTE:

I already had some doubt, and his last few posts felt very Towny to me. And now I'm back at square one.
In post 798, Lalendra wrote:I would not be opposed to a Jamie wagon, I have thought his play was anti-town at best from the beginning (and if I'm being honest, the complaints about the site are wearing on me).
In post 814, Lalendra wrote:
In post 799, Aubrey wrote:
In post 798, Lalendra wrote:I would not be opposed to a Jamie wagon, I have thought his play was anti-town at best from the beginning (and if I'm being honest, the complaints about the site are wearing on me).
I thought you were wavering on him throughout the day?
If you look at my ISO, I wavered on him VERY early, but for the remainder of the game I have been pretty unimpressed with his play.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:03 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 830, Lalendra wrote:Not manipulating mechanics.
At this point idc if you're scum or not, we can go about sorting that out once you're gone.
If you're scum, great - if you're just toxic, rude and anti-town, then that's good too. I don't understand why people insist on self-voting, attacking others personally, etc. It's not just playing against your wincon, it ruins the game for everyone else. Take your toxicity elsewhere.

VOTE: jamiet
In post 496, northsidegal wrote:
i'm not going to ask the obvious question of "why push a lynch you think will flip town", because you've answered that. the thing is, i don't think your answer is a good enough reason. like, what do we actually gain from lynching jamie?
you say that you can analyze the wagons and see who pushed him and such, but you can do all of that today. if, like you said, you already believe jamie is town, then analyze the wagons and the interactions today with that in mind. you don't need him to be dead before you can start looking at, for example, players that may have opportunistically pushed his wagon. finally, if some of your actual scumreads are on the wagon, is there some reason that you're not attempting to get those players lynched? we have about 6 days left, more than enough time for a good case to change some people's minds.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:05 am

Post by northsidegal »

VOTE: lalenda
looks like it's time to start my own wagon. will be around for the rest of the day if needed.
Jamiet99uk
Jamiet99uk
Goon
Jamiet99uk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:12 am

Post by Jamiet99uk »

VOTE: Lalendra

This is an ok wagon for me.

@Awoo: I've put my name in the newbie game sign up thread, my name is listed in the P1 post where the queue is held, and I've exchanged PMs witg the penguin that runs the queue. What am I missing?
Awoo
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:13 am

Post by Awoo »

have you tried double checking that P1 post where the queue is held? :shifty:
Awoo
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:18 am

Post by Awoo »

maki opinion on lalendra? btw we're not lynching comm lol lol lol

I'm going to be asleep when DL hits. Should be awake about T - 9 hours
Torque
Torque
Mafia Scum
Torque
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:20 am

Post by Torque »

Votecount 1.14

CommKnight (3): Epic Fial, Quick, Maki Harukawa
Quick (2): Flubbernugget, Aubrey
lucca261 (1): Flavor Leaf
Jamiet99uk (4): CommKnight, lucca261, Awoo, Lalendra

Lalendra (2): northsidegal, Jamiet99uk

Not voting: Chisa Yukizome

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch!

Day 1 will end in (expired on 2017-11-03 10:00:00)
[/color]
Jamiet99uk
Jamiet99uk
Goon
Jamiet99uk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:31 am

Post by Jamiet99uk »

In post 839, Awoo wrote:have you tried double checking that P1 post where the queue is held? :shifty:
Yeah. A game just started with me in it. Only took two whole months.

viewtopic.php?p=9718132#p9718132
Jamiet99uk
Jamiet99uk
Goon
Jamiet99uk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:33 am

Post by Jamiet99uk »

Has Chisa Yukizome posted in the last 3 or 4 days?
Jamiet99uk
Jamiet99uk
Goon
Jamiet99uk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:03 pm

Post by Jamiet99uk »

Of the 4 people currently voting me, Lalendra thinks I might be town and is basically policy lynching me for being "rude". Jeebus, don't be such a petal.

The other three I ask this question: Did you see my post about my gambit to draw the NK (which you have all now fucked) and if you did see it, doesn't my behaviour make more sense now? Was such a gambit just too complex for the regimented "you-must-play-our-way" attitude some of you seem to have? Because I don't care about your site meta.
Awoo
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:07 pm

Post by Awoo »

Bully all those who do not conform to our culture of peace and harmony
Jamiet99uk
Jamiet99uk
Goon
Jamiet99uk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:19 pm

Post by Jamiet99uk »

In post 845, Awoo wrote:Bully all those who do not conform to our culture of peace and harmony
No such thing exists. Are you willing to answer my actual question, or are you confirmed scum?
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:22 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 844, Jamiet99uk wrote:Of the 4 people currently voting me, Lalendra thinks I might be town and is basically policy lynching me for being "rude". Jeebus, don't be such a petal.

The other three I ask this question: Did you see my post about my gambit to draw the NK (which you have all now fucked) and if you did see it, doesn't my behaviour make more sense now? Was such a gambit just too complex for the regimented "you-must-play-our-way" attitude some of you seem to have? Because I don't care about your site meta.
seconding this point - i read what you said you were trying to do and had an instant moment of "oh, that makes sense". if there are people who believe jamie's behavior earlier this game is due to incompetence or to scum awkwardness, to reconcile that view and this claimed strategy you would have to believe that in the time period between then and now jamie gained enough knowledge of the game or experience to both realize how awkard what he was saying sounded and to come up with a believable explanation for it. i think the far simpler and more likely answer is that it was a planned strategy, as claimed. it just makes a lot of sense looking back that it was a deliberate attempt to put forward a newbie image. of course, it's not as if this strategy
couldn't
have come from scum, but again - i'd say the far more likely answer is that it shows a town thought process / motivation.

relevant quotes:
In post 421, Jamiet99uk wrote:
In post 417, Lalendra wrote:
In post 410, Jamiet99uk wrote:Excellent.

The reaction to my challenge to CommKnight was very interesting. Everyone who said it was a bad idea is entirely correct. Of course I don't want CommKnight to commit to suiciding if he's town and gets his D1 read wrong. That would be a waste.

My intention in proposing this apparently mad idea was twofold. First of all, to dissuade CommKnight from being too cocky about his gut, and anyone else from just slavishly following him. Secondly, I wanted too see people's reactions. I'm going to spend some time assessing those later today.

For the record I do stand by my assertion that a VT should not be afraid to die. A VT dying is not as good as scum dying, for sure - but it's way better than a PR dying. Plus, flips are informative. A lot of people have interacted with me today and if I died, those interactions could provide many clues.

That said, all things considered I'd prefer to stay alive, and I'm definitely town, so if you've got a good scumread, go for them - and tell us why. It's time to start bringing this phase home, my fellow townsfolk.
1) Not sure if I believe this was all a ploy, or if this is backpedaling and "I MEANT TO DO THAT."
2) Remember how we were trying not to out the masons? Saying you're VT is narrowing the pool. We already talked about this. Stahp.
3) "I'm definitely town, fellow townsfolk" is the most LAMIST post I've ever seen.

I'm not trying to out the Masons or narrow the pool. Maybe you are.
In post 425, Jamiet99uk wrote:@Lalendra: You're mistaken about what I'm trying to do. I'm not scum.
In post 431, Jamiet99uk wrote:
In post 428, Lalendra wrote:It's easy to say you're not scum, but you didn't refute my points.
If I did that, I would have to explain myself. That would be counter-productive at this time. Don't vote for me tho. Thanks.
In post 438, Jamiet99uk wrote:Who is claiming VT? Me? Nonono.

(Aubrey I am using a computer)
In post 447, Jamiet99uk wrote:
In post 446, Lalendra wrote:Yes, my continuing to push you on things you've said and refuse to defend, and calling you out on your unwillingness to explain yourself, is obviously just unfounded tunneling.
Perhaps your intention is well-founded
and you just have no idea what I might be doing
, but it's still tunnelling and it's not very helpful at this point. It's just becoming repetitious.
Jamiet99uk
Jamiet99uk
Goon
Jamiet99uk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:24 pm

Post by Jamiet99uk »

@Awoo, CommKnight, etc: Either you re-analyse my behaviour on the basis of the additional information I've now revealed, or you confirm you're not interested in solving the game or finding scum.

It should be 95%+ clear to everyone now that I'm not scum. I don't care if you like my attitude. I don't like yours.
Jamiet99uk
Jamiet99uk
Goon
Jamiet99uk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:39 pm

Post by Jamiet99uk »

@Mod: Has Chisa been prodded lately or are they meeting the participation requirements?

Return to “Completed Open Games”