Your voting system. What??

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #12 (isolation #0) » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:32 am

Post by zoraster »

The simplest answer is that a deadline of 48-72 hours is different than a deadline of 14 days. Generally speaking, everyone would PREFER not to go to the deadline every single Day. If you use a pure plurality lynching system (with no hammer ever) you make games very long when they don't, strictly speaking, need to be. If you've got a game with 48-72 hour Days, you don't mind if every Day goes to deadline. In fact, with such a short turn around, that's probably PREFERABLE because it makes timing predictable.

That said, plenty of people have used plurality lynch system for when there isn't a majority at the deadline. But in truth, regardless of plurality or no lynch at deadline, it's rarely used. Town usually realize they don't need or want a day to end on a plurality lynch. excepting possible "multiball" games, because there should always be a way to get a majority for town. And there is some utility in making people make a hard choice at the end of the Day.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #14 (isolation #1) » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:35 am

Post by zoraster »

if games were going to deadline a lot, i'd probably agree. No lynches ending days is bad. But a plurality system adds an additional level of complexity that isn't really necessary and no lynch puts the game on a lot of pressure to act before time is out.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #18 (isolation #2) » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:49 pm

Post by zoraster »

In post 16, Jamiet99uk wrote:Thanks everyone for your views.

On webDip, where I've come here from, the standard format is:

- 48 hour day phases
- plurality lynch at EoD
- players can hammer the phase end if the majority of players are on the same target, and the majority vote "end".

In my experience (8 games as a player, 2 as GM) that works really well.

JT
We don't prohibit moderators from running games like that. Some people here still like that. But if your goal is to make us change altogether, you should probably wonder why you're doing that.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #22 (isolation #3) » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:11 pm

Post by zoraster »

In post 21, Jamiet99uk wrote:
In post 18, zoraster wrote:
In post 16, Jamiet99uk wrote:Thanks everyone for your views.

On webDip, where I've come here from, the standard format is:

- 48 hour day phases
- plurality lynch at EoD
- players can hammer the phase end if the majority of players are on the same target, and the majority vote "end".

In my experience (8 games as a player, 2 as GM) that works really well.

JT
We don't prohibit moderators from running games like that. Some people here still like that. But if your goal is to make us change altogether, you should probably wonder why you're doing that.
No. I'm not trying to make anyone change.

I'm merely puzzled, and trying to understand why your default approach is such a pile of shit.
I’m sure you see why that’s incompatible.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”