Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:20 am

Post by Luca Blight »

I thought you were making a wall post for a minute there Sheep - I nearly spat my coffee out!
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:26 am

Post by Ectomancer »

In post 199, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 196, Ectomancer wrote:
In post 194, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 185, mutantdevle wrote:I doubt this matters but just saying I’m no longer prepared to lynch Yuria. Since my initial reads they’ve contributed a lot more and all of their contributions seem town to me.
Just my opinion, but I don't really like posts like this - Just think if Yuria is scum, what confidence and relief your post will give to her! I know when I'm scum and people say 'not lynching Luca today' I can then relax and play with confidence, rather than having to tread on eggshells.

Always better to keep everyone on their toes rather than write them off for the lynch so early in the day.
Funny. You don't seem to be on eggshells.
Probably because I'm Town.
Good explanation.

Could you straighten out sheep for me then? Because even though he messed up the spoiler tags he seems to be implying that my posts are devoid of any content of their own and instead are mere (mere, like taking stances on others words are practically useless), as I was saying, mere fluff directed at quotes from others. I'm older now. Calmer. I don't just go off on people for being stupid anymore. No. I make polite requests of others to do it for me.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:33 am

Post by Luca Blight »

To be fair you did give your own opinions in that post as well.

Only thing I would say is to answer why you say Mutant is Town based on ?
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:35 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

In post 176, sheepsaysmeep wrote:
In post 169, Ectomancer wrote:
In post 141, mutantdevle wrote:VOTE: Elmo TeH AzN

I’m also currently willing to vote for havingfitz if the wagon was to switch to him. Both of these players strike me as scummy but as Elmo currently has a bigger wagon on them, and I just see them as generally less useful for the town, that is where my vote lies.
mutantdevle is town.
what's town about that post?
oi i asked dat first <o/
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:37 am

Post by Luca Blight »

I know - 'answer why' meaning answer Sheep's query.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:41 am

Post by Ectomancer »

In post 202, Luca Blight wrote:To be fair you did give your own opinions in that post as well.

Only thing I would say is to answer why you say Mutant is Town based on ?
Oh, it wasn't actually his 141 post. It was his dorky list. His 141 was just a convenient spot to say, "Oh yeah, mutant = town" since he was doing the sensible thing and wagoning Elmo.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:50 am

Post by Luca Blight »

Are you still maintaining that IceGuy is scum? To be honest I thought the early wagon was just for pressure purposes and to get the game out of RVS.

His posts since RVS haven't really pinged me at all.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:52 am

Post by Luca Blight »

Note - I just finished a game with IceGuy where he was heavily suspected and vig-killed as Town, so maybe I'm just used to his awkward style.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:04 am

Post by Ectomancer »

In post 206, Luca Blight wrote:Are you still maintaining that IceGuy is scum? To be honest I thought the early wagon was just for pressure purposes and to get the game out of RVS.

My wall of quotes detailed two instances after I made my accusation against him where he could have directly answered to my reasoning. I felt as though I had given the first vote out of the RVS stage. By definition, that means an actual reason. Specifically, it was the "I'm a helpful townie" tell because it felt forced to me given Transcend's experience and it was a "duh" type of post. If you are town I expect you to tell me why, right? It is a reasonable expectation. But what did he do?

#1 - Question me about whether I am serious after 2 posts in RVS.
#2 - Question whether I am scum hunting at all.

So a simple "you are being too helpful" tell; blew up quickly to a "wow, you've avoided answering to our first serious accusation" twice now.

By the way, the following is just a technical game comment. - Transcend skipped the RVS stage and he was first post. There was no RVS stage this game.

Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:07 am

Post by Luca Blight »

Just to reply to this bit directly:
In post 169, Ectomancer wrote:
Do you know why IceGuy is so scummy? Because my vote on him was, I think, the first vote of the game with a real, actual scumtell for a reason.
But instead of addressing that reason he responds with (paraphrase):

"Are you really going to vote me seriously 2 posts into RVS?"

And that was followed by (paraphrase):
"Oh, he isn't serious about scumhunting" (in spite of being the first vote with a real reasoning) "he'll just lynch anybody"

lynch Iceguy
Underlined - To be fair, how is he supposed to respond to being accused of being overly helpful? It's not something he can exactly disprove.

Italics - He didn't say vote, he said scumread - quite a big difference as far as RVS goes.

Bolded - Here you have a point; it was an awkward comment, although I think it refers as much to the Transcend wagoning as much to his own.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:15 am

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 208, Ectomancer wrote:
In post 206, Luca Blight wrote:Are you still maintaining that IceGuy is scum? To be honest I thought the early wagon was just for pressure purposes and to get the game out of RVS.

My wall of quotes detailed two instances after I made my accusation against him where he could have directly answered to my reasoning. I felt as though I had given the first vote out of the RVS stage. By definition, that means an actual reason. Specifically, it was the "I'm a helpful townie" tell because it felt forced to me given Transcend's experience and it was a "duh" type of post. If you are town I expect you to tell me why, right? It is a reasonable expectation. But what did he do?

#1 - Question me about whether I am serious after 2 posts in RVS.
#2 - Question whether I am scum hunting at all.

So a simple "you are being too helpful" tell; blew up quickly to a "wow, you've avoided answering to our first serious accusation" twice now.

By the way, the following is just a technical game comment. - Transcend skipped the RVS stage and he was first post. There was no RVS stage this game.
You can't really say there was 'no RVS stage' when myself and others made posts of an entirely RVS nature.

You have a fair point to say IceGuy's start wasn't impressive and was perhaps slightly scummy the way he got defensive so quickly, but am I sold on him being scum? Honestly, no. The last game I played he was Town and he looked scummy as hell right from the get-go. Some players you have to make some allowances for in that respect.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:26 am

Post by Luca Blight »

Here is a post of a similar nature from the other game I mentioned:
In post 139, IceGuy wrote:
In post 133, Luca Blight wrote:I really don't like Iceguy's start, his vote for Grapes or his subsequent unvote.
So basically, you've decided that you want to start a wagon on me, and then tried to find reasons for it.
I made a big case on him (which he cut out of the quote) and he completely disregards it and says I'm just trying to find reasons to wagon him which, let's be honest, could be said about any wagon!
IceGuy
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:21 am

Post by IceGuy »

@Mod: Please check DeasVail's vote. The VC shows him as voting Elmo, but he's voting me.

In post 161, Elmo TeH AzN wrote:
In post 160, IceGuy wrote:So, you don't think it's alignment indicative, but you voted him when pointing it out and still say your vote is in the right place. How does this make sense?
Personally I found it to be fluff at best. Im going to contradict myself here I'm completely aware of this.
Okay, so this is not a satisfactory answer. I'm still not going to vote you, because my vote would be the hammer, but I wanted it to be a pressure vote.

I don't really see a reason to hammer you, because I fail to see a scum motivation for your actions. What I also don't see is a town motivation for your actions.

Also, my point on how fast this wagon came together still stands. The wagon reeks of scum which indicates to me that it's a wagon on town.
In post 169, Ectomancer wrote: Do you know why IceGuy is so scummy? Because my vote on him was, I think, the first vote of the game with a real, actual scumtell for a reason. But instead of addressing that reason he responds with (paraphrase):
"Are you really going to vote me seriously 2 posts into RVS?"
And that was followed by (paraphrase):
"Oh, he isn't serious about scumhunting" (in spite of being the first vote with a real reasoning) "he'll just lynch anybody"

lynch Iceguy
The problem was that your reasoning was very flimsy. As in, you claimed something was a scumtell that isn't. There was a good reason for me to behave as I did.
In post 184, Fishythefish wrote: Sure. IceGuy said something that didn't sound true (I quote it inline in post 94 above). He said it in a context where he had motivation to call ecto scummy, as ecto had voted him. I wanted to work out whether:
- It made more sense than I thought, and was neutral for IG
- It didn't make sense, and was a weak excuse to vote his voter. You can argue about how much that speaks to IG's alignment, but weak excuses for OMGUS are at least worth following up.
But I didn't vote Ectomancer? I actually said that while I considered it a scummy thing to do, I don't necessarily consider him scum for it.
In post 211, Luca Blight wrote: I made a big case on him (which he cut out of the quote) and he completely disregards it and says I'm just trying to find reasons to wagon him which, let's be honest, could be said about any wagon!
But that was actually what happened in the game. You were scum and I was town, and you wagoned me to look more town and probably get me lynched.

So, let's have a look at the wagon on Elmo. The people on it are Ectomancer, Luca Blight, Transcend, mutantdevle and Yuria. DeasVail isn't on it but both the mod and he himself think he is, so I'm going to include him here.

Luca and Transcend look solid town. Yuria was in the scum camp but is getting townier; mutant is null to me.

DeasVail is scummy, though. Few posts, hopping with little justification (or attempted hopping, to be precise), no commitment to town reads and "strong suspicion" on Transcend for the fake hammer. Hammering without a claim should elicit a harsher reaction than a rather quiet post.

I also don't like Ecto. He still defends his RVS/non-RVS vote on me and he had absolutely no problem with putting Elmo on L-1. Ironically he's being "helpful town" in 172, the same thing he called me scum for. I'm no longer ready to see his behavior as "scummy town", I believe it's "scummy scum".

VOTE: DeasVail
and ready to also vote Ectomancer if that wagon turns out to be more successful
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:01 am

Post by DeasVail »

IceGuy, I knew that Transcend was already on the wagon.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:14 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 212, IceGuy wrote:
@Mod: Please check DeasVail's vote. The VC shows him as voting Elmo, but he's voting me.
Thanks, VC's corrected!
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:21 am

Post by davesaz »

Elmo TeH AzN(5) - Luca Blight, Transcend, mutantdevle, Yuria, Ectomancer
IceGuy(2) - Fishythefish, DeasVail
mutantdevle(2) - Elmo TeH AzN, havingfitz
DeasVail(2) - sheepsaysmeep, IceGuy
Luca Blight(1) - Viome
Ectomancer(1) - kelbris

not voting (0)

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch
(expired on 2017-11-12 15:00:00)
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:35 pm

Post by Transcend »

Guys Elmo
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:37 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

In post 216, Transcend wrote:Guys Elmo
what
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:18 pm

Post by mutantdevle »

Wow still 8 days left to lynch... it’s really going to take me a while to get used to these long day phases :/
I mostly just lurk now.
Elmo TeH AzN
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:34 pm

Post by Elmo TeH AzN »

In post 217, sheepsaysmeep wrote:
In post 216, Transcend wrote:Guys Elmo
what
Hes wanting to go into night one already
Stats not in the wiki. I'm That Crazy Panda.
I Speak Engrish Not English Leave My Grammar Alone.

Permanently V/LA
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:01 pm

Post by Transcend »

Well you're the one who encouraged me to lynch you so
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:07 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

Elmo, what circumstances are you referring to in 166?
Elmo TeH AzN
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:36 pm

Post by Elmo TeH AzN »

Oh posting a recap of my thoughts
Stats not in the wiki. I'm That Crazy Panda.
I Speak Engrish Not English Leave My Grammar Alone.

Permanently V/LA
IceGuy
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:58 pm

Post by IceGuy »

In post 213, DeasVail wrote:IceGuy, I knew that Transcend was already on the wagon.
Re-reading your post, you're right.

UNVOTE:

VOTE: Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:41 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

In post 218, mutantdevle wrote:Wow still 8 days left to lynch... it’s really going to take me a while to get used to these long day phases :/

Somebody else smack me.

Return to “Completed Open Games”