Goon
Iprobablysuck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:33 am

Post by Iprobablysuck »

beautiful
Show
Do I REALLY suck? That's up to you to decide.

Retiring from LSG's and Mish Mash, for the most part. If you want to contact me, I suggest going outside and enjoying what the world has to offer, instead.

Definitely DID suck, in the end...Probably.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:41 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

I have no regrets
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:00 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

Save the Dragons gets five votes and is eliminated. Nobody else gets any votes.

Round Ten begins now, deadline is Wednesday at 1pm, in (expired on 2017-11-01 13:00:00). 71 votes, 14.2 per player, remain in play.
“The assumption of good faith is dead”

(profile pic by datisi)
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:34 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

Forgot about this, sorry. Results around 4:30 this afternoon.

(profile pic by datisi)
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:40 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

Results time. Five players are left.

Two of them got no votes. The three that didn't are...

Spoiler:
Mjollnir.

Spoiler:
PrivateI.

Spoiler:
And Chevre. That means Raya36 and StrangerCoug are safe and got no votes.

Spoiler:
PrivateI, with four votes, you are safe.

Spoiler:
Four votes separate Mjollnir and Chevre.

Spoiler:
Mjollnir got...

Spoiler:
Ten votes.

Spoiler:
Chevre got...

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Six votes. Mjollnir has been eliminated.

Round Eleven, the penultimate round, begins now. 47 votes remain in play, 11.8 per person. Deadline is 4:45pm Friday, in (expired on 2017-11-03 16:45:00).

(profile pic by datisi)
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:39 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

The votes are in.

Spoiler:
All votes were on one of two players...

Spoiler:
They were:

Spoiler:
Chevre

Spoiler:
and...

Spoiler:
StrangerCoug.

Spoiler:
Chevre got...

Spoiler:
four votes.

Spoiler:
StrangerCoug got...

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
fifteen votes. StrangerCoug is the second-to-last Juror.

The final round begins. 26 votes, for an average of 8.7 per player, remain in play.

(profile pic by datisi)
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:41 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

HOWEVER!

One player has a majority of the votes remaining, meaning that he or she will have complete say in who goes home this round. That player is...

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
PrivateI.

Spoiler:
PrivateI now has to make his decision as to who will join him in the Final. Please make your decision in this thread by Sunday at 5pm EST, in (expired on 2017-11-05 18:00:00).

(profile pic by datisi)
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:14 am

Post by PrivateI »

Oh my gosh.

Not trying to draw this out, but I'm about to head out of state for the weekend, so it may be a little bit before I can post the official decision. I want to talk to Raya and Chevre first.
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:11 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

Fair enough

(profile pic by datisi)
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:23 am

Post by PrivateI »

Let's end the suspense--the sooner I do this, the sooner we can get everyone here for the final vote!

So, I started this game with a group of people, and we formed an alliance which, in large part, lasted until the end of this game. Having to make this decision now, though, is the most difficult vote I've had to be a part of thus far, since I was really close with both Chevre and Raya.

Ultimately, I want to make the decision that will most benefit me, and I hope that this one is it:

I vote to eliminate...

Spoiler:
Raya. Raya, we've already talked about this, but you've been a superb player, no one has ever really come after you, and you have absolutely crushed this game. Phenomenal job!
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:34 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

And that’s it, Raya you have been eliminated. You’ll be the final member of our Jury as well.

The Finale begins. Jurors have 72 hours to ask questions of the finalists, which the finalists should answer. Following the questioning the seven jurors will vote for who they want to win Allocate/Execute II.

The deadline for questioning is Tuesday at 1pm EST, in (expired on 2017-11-07 14:00:00).

(profile pic by datisi)
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:13 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

Remember, all questioning should occur in thread. Please do not communicate privately with the finalists.

(profile pic by datisi)
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:14 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

All questions are to both of you:
  1. How well do you think our alliance worked?
  2. What are you proud of?
  3. What do you wish you did better?
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:35 am

Question for both of you

I have no ducking clue what happened this game please enlighten me

To chevre: privatei bantered with me in the thread so why should i personally vote you over someone who talked to me slightly
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:01 am

Post by Chevre »

I'm going to answer StD's questions first, since I think his first one frames the game better.

So what happened this game, from my perspective: I came into it not really sure what was going to happen; there were a lot of people who I have had interesting interactions with in the past (Shrek, IPS, even Monty). There was that game where everyone had an idol a while back, and in that game I completely melted down after trying to make a big move and failing spectacularly. So I wanted to go into this game with the absolute #1 perspective of "just stay calm". I didn't want to go for big moves unless they were necessary to maintain my stay in this game.

Anyway, so what happened was I chatted with a few people who I had rapport with, like mallowgeno, Aronis, and StrangerCoug, and Mjollnir contacted me on Skype and we talked a bit. Essentially, that led an alliance of myself, Cheery Dog, Mjollnir, PrivateI, Raya36, StrangerCoug, and Vijarada being pulled together. Barring major voting such as you placing all 42 votes on Cheery Dog, that gave us control of most of the votes. From there, it was just deciding what order to go in and how many votes to place. With you (Save the Dragons) and Mauthe using the bulk of your votes early on, it was best to have you guys hang around and get the other people with votes out first.

We were fortunate to have no opposition. Even though we lost Cheery Dog and Vijarada along the way, the five of us stuck together all the way until the final five. To me, it was a constant thought process of: is anyone scheming to flip on the five? No? Then I shouldn't either. That being said, I definitely did undervote on a few of our plans, and I threw hinky votes out to try to stir up some drama. At the final 8 I considered blowing up everything and asking randomidget if he wanted to take someone out to stir things up a bit, but I didn't.

A major concern was you, StD, and Mauthe never being the targets of our votes and being carried to the Final 7. This was definitely a game of "don't rock the boat". In our alliance's Skype chat, I always just agreed with the names brought up. Of course, I was worried that the people who had used all their votes would be dragged to the end as goats, but I just kept my ears open and realized that that wasn't going to be the case.

Part of all of this quiet gaming was a realization that at Final 5, Mjollnir would be target #1. There is no question that he was spearheading this alliance, planning meetings, giving directives. If myself or Monty or anyone of the alliance were sitting next to Mjollnir, we would've lost. So at Final 5, the big consideration was when to ice Mjollnir. Monty came to me asking what if any plans were out there, and I just went for it. We put votes on Mjollnir, and got him out, opening the game up a bit. It was obviously a sound move for me, as the next highest number of votes was on my head.

From there, it was tricky. I had 6 votes at the Final Four, and StrangerCoug had said he was gunning for me (probably because of Elizabeth and Tokugawa <3 ). Monty and I worked to make sure that Raya was on our side for the vote. Then, at Final Three, I believe Monty and I's working together from F5 onward was what made PrivateI take me to final two, but that is his story to tell.

For those looking for flashy gameplay, I'm not your girl. But I don't think either of the Final 2 are, and I hope I've shown that even if it looked like I wasn't doing much, I was constantly considering the game and consciously choosing not to act. This ensured that the boat wasn't rocked, and that I could ride the tides until I needed to make the major move that got me to this point.
There will be no kisses tonight
There will be no holding hands tonight
'Cause what is now wasn't there before and should not be
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:21 am

Post by Chevre »

StD, to your second question: my not interacting with you, whether it be in-thread or privately, was purposefully done.

Once you used all your votes, I realized what game you would be playing, as you looked for people to take you to the Final 2. And I totally thought those types of people were out there and planning on it, but I guess not. I just knew that I could not be that person who could take you to the end in that way. I wouldn't win if I had done it. So several times throughout the game I was like "I should talk to StD to see what he'll tell me" but I didn't because I knew that gave you artillery for other people looking to do the same. For example, I thought about talking to you to see if anyone else was considering a Mjollnir or Raya blindside and you could be our mutual contact, but I was afraid that Mjollnir was someone who you were in close contact with; you'd then rat me out, and I'd be the one blindsided in the alliance.

I definitely did not banter with you in the thread like Monty did, that's for sure. If that is what decides your vote, bummer! I've learned for next time. But I will say that at least when you were hail-marying at F6, I chose not to respond to you because I didn't want to publicly broadcast anything. I mean, look who did interact with you at that time: Mjollnir. And you were wholly right about it!

---

@StrangerCoug

1. I'm going to say it worked very well! I do think that unfortunately this game didn't receive the same level of heraldry as a queued LSG and thus, people maybe weren't looking as hard as they could've been for alliances. I'm fortunate to have found one and stuck with it. I also have to say that the eliminations of Cheery and Vija could've been any one of us, and they could just as easy be sitting here. That's the way a game like this is going to go.
2. I'm very proud of making it here, obviously! But mostly, I'm proud that I managed to keep it calm and not stir stuff up until it was necessary. Even still, I did toss hinky votes from time to time just to see if anything was riled up. Maybe that could've been a mistake. But I think it told me that this game wasn't the type to have a lot of shakeups.
3. Honestly, I wish I had skimped on a few more of the alliance votes. For the very first vote, I actually dropped 7 instead of the 6 we agreed on. when I saw 35 votes instead of 42, I knew keeping your word was a choice not a requirement there :P I definitely submitted less than required on subsequent votes, but never to the extent others did I guess, as I was below the average at F5. If I had done that on some votes, I definitely would've held more objective power in the endgame.
There will be no kisses tonight
There will be no holding hands tonight
'Cause what is now wasn't there before and should not be
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:54 am

Awesome chevre, thanks for taking the time to answer. Good luck to you

Privatei, did you consider talking to me about game at all
Mjollnir
Mjollnir
Goon
Mjollnir
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:11 am

Post by Mjollnir »

Chevre pre-empted both my questions :P so this is just to Monty

1) In your words, why was I taken out first?

2) Why did you have so many votes left at the end of the game?
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:38 pm

Post by PrivateI »

I'm still in another state, which limits my availability, but rest assured, I will be writing responses to all of you.

Let's begin with a synopsis of events from the game, as I saw it, which will hopefully address some of STD's questions.

In this style of game, I knew that being a "big player" wasn't going to end well. I didn't want to be someone who everyone believed was talking to everyone else, and simultaneously, I didn't want to be SO taciturn that I ended up being taken out because of a perceived lack of effort. So I went with a middle ground--talking to a small group of people, and working to ensure that I could make it further from within that group.

Once I was in an alliance, consisting of some people I knew and had prior connections with, and some people I had never met, and was a little leery about, things started to take shape. The alliance came together much as Chevre describes it. I would characterize Mjollnir as someone who really spearheaded the movement in getting everything together, which was perfectly fine with me, so long as I was included in the final plans. Because this was a game which involved relatively low activity, we made it further with very no cohesive alliance challenging us. The only kinks in our plans were when people would spend all, or a large number, of their votes in a single round, which ended up taking out Cheery Dog and Vijarada.

I'll talk a little more about my general strategy in the early and mid-game in a moment, but for now, I want to jump to some of the most crucial votes, which were really from Final Six onwards. I took active steps in each of those rounds to get me further in the game. First off, at Final Six, I knew it would be very easy to turn the tide. I could have put 5 of my (then) 32 or so votes on someone I considered to be a threat, such as Mjollnir, and keep STD in the game. However, I didn't see any real utility in STD making it any further, partially because he had no voting power left, and the simple fact that he used that as a strategy from the very beginning could be just the thing that would earn him a win if he sat next to me or anyone else in the finals.

The next round, where Mjollnir was eliminated, saw one of my biggest moves of the game. I needed to take out Mjollnir, there was no question about that. As I said before, he had really laid the groundwork for bringing our alliance together, and I found it unlikely that anyone, especially myself, could win against him. So we had to take him out. However, I also knew that Raya was theoretically going to be close to Mjollnir, based on their interactions in our alliance chat. So I made an agreement with Raya to vote for Chevre, and simultaneously made an agreement with Chevre to vote for Mjollnir. It's important here to note that I did not violate any aspect of my agreements with either individual. I placed the agreed-upon number of votes on BOTH Chevre and Mjollnir that round, in order to secure my alliance with Chevre, and my "general understanding" with Raya. My rationale was--either way, I would be fine. If Mjollnir went home, I would be able to work with Chevre going forward, and if Mjollnir and Raya really were working together, Raya would have no choice but to join with me in future rounds--even if they weren't, Raya would know I was keeping my word when they saw the number of votes on Chevre. If Chevre had gone home, I would have lost one ally, but would have gained one in Raya. At that point, I would only need to survive one round to make it to the Final Three, where I would still have more than enough votes to end up making the final decision.

At Final Four, I spoke to StrangerCoug and found out that he was targeting Chevre. When I initially spoke to Raya, they were planning on voting for Chevre as well, but I convinced them to vote for SC instead. This was because there was no utility in having SC move further. He and I had never spoken to one another about an "alliance" per se, and I saw a benefit to keeping Chevre around, which I will elucidate later.

Finally, I've already kind of spoken about my rationale for dealing with the Final Three decision. The answer is simple: Chevre was a constant target toward the end, and Raya was not. If Raya made it to the end, I would have difficulty rationalizing explicitly why I played a "better" game, but in Chevre's case, I feel like I played a similar game, but better. We both played under the radar--but I did it without being seriously targeted. We both played this game with resource allocation in mind, but I played with full control of many of the votes toward the end of the game, while Chevre admits that he had fewer votes than he might have liked at the end of the game. We both played with alliances, but I made strategic alliances which would secure my spot here in the endgame, while I do not feel like Chevre would be here were it not for me bringing him further along.
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:46 pm

Post by PrivateI »

Now, some specific questions.

"How well do you think our alliance worked?"--I think it worked great! There were two votes which didn't go our way, that I already noted, but in general, most of us stayed on track with what we were supposed to do, and it ended up getting many of us to Final Five!

"What are you proud of?"--I'll be honest, I've never been more proud of a game that I've played. From early game to late game, I felt as though I was in a pretty comfortable spot, especially since others didn't realize how comfortable I was. In the early to mid game, I was one of the biggest champions in our alliance of being sure to "all vote together" and to "vote the number that we all agreed on". While preaching this message, however, I was myself not always sticking to the plan. I was usually using about one vote per round, depending on the round, and I left myself a sizable number of votes for the endgame. Additionally, I am still really proud of how I played the Final Five round. It was one time in my Survivor/LSG/Mish Mash career when I felt like I thought through all the options, took a risk (that I was able to take because of decisions to save votes that I had made beforehand), and had it pay off just like I imagined.

"What do you wish you did better?"--With that said, this is by no means a "perfect game", or anything remotely approaching it. Too many times in the early game, my fate was at the whims of someone else, like STD in round 1, and I didn't do anything to circumvent that risk. Additionally, I didn't play much of a social game, partially because I was mirroring everyone else, and only talking to people when it was directly relevant in a given round. Finally, I could have played the final rounds a little bit better. By making explicit Final Two alliances with both Raya and Chevre, I created a situation where I was going to have to personally piss off one of them. Raya, as you know, I spoke to you before posting my decision, and I hope you understand it, but I certainly would understand if you just had no interest in voting for me.
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:50 pm

Post by PrivateI »

"Privatei, did you consider talking to me about game at all"--Of course, man. You were one of the only people in this game who I had interacted with extensively beforehand. Going in, just looking at the playerlist, it would have been phenomenal to work directly with you. Unfortunately, you forced my hand. When you made your gambit in round one, there was just no way I could work with you. As much as I might want to approach you about getting further, I would have been incredibly surprised if that conversation didn't get spread to everyone else, leaving me as the number one target. And again, even if I entertained the notion of bringing you to the Final Two, I don't think it would have worked out. I'm not convinced that I could have won against you in the end, so there was really just no reason to talk game with you, giving you ammunition that you might not already have. I hope that answers your question, but I'm more than happy to provide clarification if needed.
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:55 pm

Post by PrivateI »

"1) In your words, why was I taken out first?"--I addressed this a little bit when talking about the game, but I'm happy to state it here too: if you made it to the end, you would have won. There's no question in my mind. You had done so much work in bringing the BOSS alliance together, and in keeping it together, that if you made it further in the game, it could pose a serious threat to me. In addition, eliminating you first at the Final Five gave me an additional benefit. If you and Raya really were working together, like I suspected, Raya would have no choice but to rely on me to get further. Whether you actually were working together or not, my actions had the desired effect, and Raya trusted me in the next round, which let me save votes for the very last round.

"2) Why did you have so many votes left at the end of the game?"--I had a lot of votes left in the end. Nineteen of the twenty-six votes in the Final Three belonged to me. This is because I saw this largely as a resource allocation game. By allocating fewer resources (votes) to a given round, I would have more for later, and by using other resources (alliances, etc.) I could effectively let the group collective do my dirty work for me. Despite me not contributing significantly to a majority of rounds, we still eliminated our target comfortably in a majority of rounds. This left me with a lot of votes once we made it to the Final Five, which allowed me to have a lot more options as we began to look at the endgame.
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:56 pm

Post by PrivateI »

I hope I've answered all of the questions that were in the thread to your satisfaction. If I have not, I look forward to providing further clarification tomorrow.
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:00 pm

Post by PrivateI »

I thought I was done, but one other thing I should have done better was not miss a round of voting! I literally had composed a pm to D3f to ask how many votes I had left, and was going to include my vote distribution for that round, but just completely forgot. So that was idiotic of me.
Mjollnir
Mjollnir
Goon
Mjollnir
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:23 am

Post by Mjollnir »

Thank you Monty :)

Also Chevre, what kind of "hinky votes" did you send out there, how often and for what purpose?

Monty, how come you chose to eliminate Std instead of backstab me in the final 6?

Return to “Social Game Archive”