Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:53 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

It's unlikely Elmo is IC as she would have claimed that shit with joy by now. It's unlikely she is vig as she would be holding out hope for putting a bullet in Transcend's head. It's unlikely she is JK because of her first post.

That kind of whittles it down. So yeah, I guess it is unlikely she would be a PR.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:55 pm

Post by Transcend »

It's unlikely she is vt because she's claimed scum in every post lol
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:07 pm

Post by davesaz »

Elmo TeH AzN(6) - Luca Blight, mutantdevle, Ectomancer, kelbris, Transcend, DeasVail
mutantdevle(3) - Elmo TeH AzN, havingfitz, sheepsaysmeep
kelbris(2) - IceGuy, Fishythefish
Luca Blight(1) - Viome

not voting (1) - Yuria

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch
(expired on 2017-11-12 15:00:00)

Elmo TeH AzN requested replacement
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:22 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

I don't think the case on Elmo is strong enough that it's not worth hearing from a replacement. While there are some OK reasons for it, I think this wagon has largely happened through Transcend repeating "Elmo is scum" often enough.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:32 pm

Post by Transcend »

I just have that much impact
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:37 pm

Post by mutantdevle »

Transcend has had no impact on my vote for Elmo. I genuinely think she is scum and if she isn’t then I don’t see it as too much of a loss for town due to how little she has contributed.
I mostly just lurk now.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:46 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

^Same. Although I agree with Fishy that the case against her in of itself isn't that strong.

She just hasn't tried to quash my suspicions of her for whatever reason.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:50 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

But yeah...not sure how many people are gonna want to replace into a L-1 slot.

Maybe give it another day and if no-ones joins, someone hammer.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:02 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 378, Fishythefish wrote:I don't think the case on Elmo is strong enough that it's not worth hearing from a replacement. While there are some OK reasons for it, I think this wagon has largely happened through Transcend repeating "Elmo is scum" often enough.
I am happy with that compromise.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:46 am

Post by havingfitz »

In post 380, mutantdevle wrote:I genuinely think she is scum
But you do not think she is scum. You think she is useless. It's more of a policy lynch for you than an actual scumread.

If you think Elmo is genuinely scum....what are your reasons for thinking so?

And Elmo is more useless than others? Why not unvote and see what Elmo's replacement's "usefulness" is?
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:45 am

Post by davesaz »

Please welcome
boring
who replaces Elmo.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:56 am

Post by boring »

I'm going to need a few of you to unvote for a little bit.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:13 am

Post by boring »

Holy fuck... I'm tempted to let you guys lynch me just so Transcend can apologize to Elmo before she leaves the site for good. This is supposed to be a game, not a Mean Girls reboot.

Frankly, I don't know how the town on my wagon would actually believe that the lowest hanging fruit Day 1 is just coincidentally scum. It's baffling.

If 6 days out is too close to deadline for y'all, I think Fitz and Mutant are my best bets right now for town, and I'm most suspicious of Luca and Deas. I'm waiting to judge Transcend because right now, I'm thinking his alignment is "poopy face".

I'll be back in about 12 hours.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:23 am

Post by Luca Blight »

This game is so boring at the moment.....;)

As for your second line, so what, I should just accept you're town because your wagon was easy? I probed Elmo but she has given me no reason to even consider unvoting.

I look forward to your explanation for your reads.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:28 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Let's drop this bullshit plotline where Transcend was being mean to Elmo. He was calling for a lynch on someone who he believes to be scum and
in a humorous fashion!
. Transcend does NOT need to apologize before Elmo leaves the site for good. Elmo needs to take a break from mafia. Playing mafia means being pressured and Transcend's images were PG-13 at worst and made me chuckle.

FYI, the Elmo turns town means Iceguy scum theory was already laid out by me as soon as IceGuy voted and ties in Yuria-scum.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:13 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 384, havingfitz wrote:
In post 380, mutantdevle wrote:I genuinely think she is scum
But you do not think she is scum. You think she is useless. It's more of a policy lynch for you than an actual scumread.

If you think Elmo is genuinely scum....what are your reasons for thinking so?

And Elmo is more useless than others? Why not unvote and see what Elmo's replacement's "usefulness" is?
You say "It's more of a policy lynch for you than an actual scumread." as though you know it as a fact. And the question of reasons why Elmo is considered scum should be asked to the town in general since I am not the only one with this belief. But if it is really me individually you want to hear from then allow me to give my personal reasons:

First of all, her posts basically consist of nothing. This is not just about being useful but could also be seen as a scum thing to do. Scum would not want to help the town out at all and so far I don't believe she has done that. There have been a few of her posts where she does offer some opinion but overall her posts just really don't seem to contribute much to the town and as a result, I have nothing to consider here town by.

I did not mind the vote on me. It was not necessary though as I had already come under pressure for posting reads so early in the game (which is what I am used to doing), so if the vote was not a pressure vote then it must have been to get my lynched right? So basically her reason for wanting me lynched was I posted reads too early. Furthermore, she claimed that my early reads post and the general idea of trying to look town is not alignment indicative, yet votes for me for it? And then, later on, she changes her mind and claims it is alignment indicative:
In post 247, Elmo TeH AzN wrote:
In post 237, Fishythefish wrote:@Elmo: Why did you vote mutant in the post quoted above?
In previous games that Ive played granted its been a while. Normally when people post walls or reads it to get people to look the other way at them.
A bit hypocritical if you ask me. This whole ordeal just seemed a little scummy and inconsistent.

Next, as people became more and more suspicious of her and started asking questions she never really answered them; at least, not adequately. She was purposely uncooperative with the town and just made things more difficult for herself and us. If she had answered the many many questions asked to her properly then perhaps her spot would not be at L-1.
In post 222, Elmo TeH AzN wrote:Oh posting a recap of my thoughts
Unless post #247 was this (which came 2 posts later) we never received these thought recaps.
In post 238, Transcend wrote:also you got to L-1 and another one of my foses unvoted you so rofl mayo
Grats? If I paided attention I would have self hammered.
I believe that this was just straight up a lie. This is because she reached L-1 again after this and decided not to self-hammer.
In post 239, Luca Blight wrote:And Elmo, if you are Town could you try and step it up a bit? You're giving me absolutely no reason to reconsider my vote on you.
Feeling like a dead man walking. Not really seeing much as towns setting up this nice mislynch.
From this point on Elmo had basically just given up. Regardless of alignment, this is an incredibly scummy thing to do.

Finally, I think these points by Luca are worth keeping in mind:
In post 190, Luca Blight wrote:It might be worth noting that Elmo has been online since being put on L-1.

Normally this isn't the sort of thing I comment on, but given scum have day chat and she has been asked to claim, it could be that she is seeking advice before responding.
In post 259, Luca Blight wrote:Another thing we have to constantly bear in mind here is that scum have day chat - this affects everything.

Could the reason Elmo isn't trying to save her own bacon be because her scum mates are devising a way out without her having to give out too much info?

A scum member who is about to be lynched will be reluctant to give out too much information in case it impacts negatively on their teammates post-flip - Town have no reason to do this.
So basically no, I'm not going to unvote simply because Elmo has been replaced by someone potentially more useful. Usefulness is not my main reason for voting Elmo. I'm open to the idea that boring could be more useful and could potentially redeem Elmo's spot but as they haven't really said anything either my vote remains where it is.

In post 387, boring wrote:Holy fuck... I'm tempted to let you guys lynch me just so Transcend can apologize to Elmo before she leaves the site for good. This is supposed to be a game, not a Mean Girls reboot.
Please point out where Transcend is being mean. He has just been heavily pushing for Elmo to be lynched which is part of the game. From looking through Transcend's meta this isn't even the first time he's repeatedly posted images to get someone lynched.

Also @boring, I challenge you to isolate Elmo's posts and try to find one that looks clearly town motivated. I then challenge you to try not to panic as you realise the position you have replaced into. I kinda feel sorry for you that you have literally just joined a game you're probably about to be lynched in but I'm not going to let my empathy effect how I play the game.

My vote stays on Elmo / boring as I genuinely believe their role is scum.
I mostly just lurk now.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:07 am

Post by Fishythefish »

mutant: almost all those reasons seem to be about Elmo being unhelpful, or bad at convincing people she's town, rather than actually being likely scum. In particular, none of these seem to have any scum motivation:
- Not posting content
- Being uncooperative
- Not answering questions
- Not posting content after saying she would
- Giving up
From your posts, I feel like you don't really think these things are actually alignment-related. This sums it up:
In post 390, mutantdevle wrote:From this point on Elmo had basically just given up. Regardless of alignment, this is an incredibly scummy thing to do.
When I say someone is "scummy", I mean "likely to be scum". So being scummy can't be "regardless of alignment". What do you mean by scummy, and why is it a good thing to lynch someone for?
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:17 am

Post by Transcend »

In post 389, Ectomancer wrote:Let's drop this bullshit plotline where Transcend was being mean to Elmo. He was calling for a lynch on someone who he believes to be scum and
in a humorous fashion!
. Transcend does NOT need to apologize before Elmo leaves the site for good. Elmo needs to take a break from mafia. Playing mafia means being pressured and Transcend's images were PG-13 at worst and made me chuckle.

FYI, the Elmo turns town means Iceguy scum theory was already laid out by me as soon as IceGuy voted and ties in Yuria-scum.
Btw thanks
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:18 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 386, boring wrote:I'm going to need a few of you to unvote for a little bit.
Why?
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:21 am

Post by Transcend »

Because she's gonna attempt to draw out a pr lol
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:26 am

Post by boring »

See highlights for the Tl;dr!
Read further at your leisure..

I got a break at work!

I will admit first that I'm feeling awfully OMGUSy right now. There's no reason to have a player run up this high this early with a serious wagon based on literally nothing. You don't get this many "town" on a wagon based on just hunches. Second, I'm not open to "defending" my slot, unless something worth my time is brought up against it.

Fitz and Fish
are earning good
town
points from me because either of them, as scum, can easily just go with the mood of the game, pretend to be convinced I'm scum, and get a free lynch. If I was lynched right now, there's relatively little content outside my lynch that would help town interpret the NK, that it gives scum a huge leg-up going into tomorrow.

I think
mutant is town
because he's playing so poorly. I don't mean that to be unkind. He's cumbersome in a way that scum rarely are. As has already been pointed out by two players now, he's trying to policy me, and he doesn't even seem to realize it. He's looking to lynch and not scum hunt. I know that's traditionally a big scum tell, as was that big read list on something like page two. It's so crazy scummy, and he's not even trying to backtrack. I'm not thrilled that he's town, but he's town. Also,
@mutant
, this isn't my first time subbing into L-1. I think this is like the 4th time. I've never been lynched as town, so if nothing else, I'll get a new experience. Just remember to come back to this post later.

I don't like the way
Luca
is playing. I think he's just going along to get a lynch. I know he's first on the wagon on the VC, but he definitely wasn't the first to start circling Elmo, and that's exactly what this has been. Circling. To be more specific, he's playing the way I play when I'm scum. I try to buddy the most aggressive "town" player so they leave me alone, and then I Knit-pick. One can find some little detail wrong with just about anyone. He leaves questions and directions just hanging out there, then he collects on the "so-and-so didn't answer me" or "so-and-so couldn't explain x". He looks kinda like he's scum hunting, but he's just looking for weaknesses. tl;dr:
he's clearly capable of thinking critically about the game state, but he's not doing it.

VOTE: Luca Blight

I take back scum reading DeasVail
. Reading him in context, I got scummy vibes, but reading his ISO, he seems town. I'll have to wait until I'm actively playing with him before I go further.

IceGuy, Ectomancer, kelbris, Viome, I have no opinions on yet.

Yuria pings me a little, but I've got no reason to actually scum read her.

Transcend
: I don't want to town read him, but
I'm not open to lynching him today

Effort, activity, and even rage-quits are NAI,
and most of you should know that. Some people are drawn to this game for the puzzle, and others really enjoy being aggressive in their scum-hunting. That doesn't always mix well. Elmo was clearly a puzzle-person. Having to be on the defensive from the beginning over someone's "gut", is the opposite of fun for a puzzle person. I sympathize. Luckily, I'm a puzzle person who's also a bit of an asshole, so we should all get along fine.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:26 am

Post by boring »

In post 393, DeasVail wrote:
In post 386, boring wrote:I'm going to need a few of you to unvote for a little bit.
Why?
Because I don't want a lolhammer.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:29 am

Post by Transcend »

In post 395, boring wrote:
See highlights for the Tl;dr!
Read further at your leisure..

I got a break at work!

I will admit first that I'm feeling awfully OMGUSy right now. There's no reason to have a player run up this high this early with a serious wagon based on literally nothing. You don't get this many "town" on a wagon based on just hunches. Second, I'm not open to "defending" my slot, unless something worth my time is brought up against it.

Fitz and Fish
are earning good
town
points from me because either of them, as scum, can easily just go with the mood of the game, pretend to be convinced I'm scum, and get a free lynch. If I was lynched right now, there's relatively little content outside my lynch that would help town interpret the NK, that it gives scum a huge leg-up going into tomorrow.

I think
mutant is town
because he's playing so poorly. I don't mean that to be unkind. He's cumbersome in a way that scum rarely are. As has already been pointed out by two players now, he's trying to policy me, and he doesn't even seem to realize it. He's looking to lynch and not scum hunt. I know that's traditionally a big scum tell, as was that big read list on something like page two. It's so crazy scummy, and he's not even trying to backtrack. I'm not thrilled that he's town, but he's town. Also,
@mutant
, this isn't my first time subbing into L-1. I think this is like the 4th time. I've never been lynched as town, so if nothing else, I'll get a new experience. Just remember to come back to this post later.

I don't like the way
Luca
is playing. I think he's just going along to get a lynch. I know he's first on the wagon on the VC, but he definitely wasn't the first to start circling Elmo, and that's exactly what this has been. Circling. To be more specific, he's playing the way I play when I'm scum. I try to buddy the most aggressive "town" player so they leave me alone, and then I Knit-pick. One can find some little detail wrong with just about anyone. He leaves questions and directions just hanging out there, then he collects on the "so-and-so didn't answer me" or "so-and-so couldn't explain x". He looks kinda like he's scum hunting, but he's just looking for weaknesses. tl;dr:
he's clearly capable of thinking critically about the game state, but he's not doing it.

VOTE: Luca Blight

I take back scum reading DeasVail
. Reading him in context, I got scummy vibes, but reading his ISO, he seems town. I'll have to wait until I'm actively playing with him before I go further.

IceGuy, Ectomancer, kelbris, Viome, I have no opinions on yet.

Yuria pings me a little, but I've got no reason to actually scum read her.

Transcend
: I don't want to town read him, but
I'm not open to lynching him today

Effort, activity, and even rage-quits are NAI,
and most of you should know that. Some people are drawn to this game for the puzzle, and others really enjoy being aggressive in their scum-hunting. That doesn't always mix well. Elmo was clearly a puzzle-person. Having to be on the defensive from the beginning over someone's "gut", is the opposite of fun for a puzzle person. I sympathize. Luckily, I'm a puzzle person who's also a bit of an asshole, so we should all get along fine.
Scum claim
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:30 am

Post by boring »

In post 394, Transcend wrote:Because she's gonna attempt to draw out a pr lol

Hard Claim: Innocent Colombia!
Transcend