Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (isolation #3) » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:07 pm

Post by Impede »

In post 39, Kokichi Oma wrote:
In post 37, northsidegal wrote:
In post 36, Kokichi Oma wrote:Because he didn't even say anything about it, just voted.
how does that make it opportunistic, or scummy? other people did the same thing or something similar, would you say the same thing about them?
Nero's vote didn't seem fabricated to me. And his was the second vote. Soooo~
Did you neglect to read your first post? You basically baited everyone in this entire game. If anyone is sus, I'd be more inclined to think it's you.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (isolation #4) » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:10 pm

Post by Impede »

In post 43, Kokichi Oma wrote: So baiting people to see their reactions is scummy? Got it.
Why would scum react to that post???

"Oh ok, sounds good Kokichi. Thank you for the heads up!"
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (isolation #5) » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:15 pm

Post by Impede »

In post 46, Kokichi Oma wrote:I just wanted to see who would have a weird reaction, and I think I found the person.
Make up your mind. I wasn't the one who suggested a PL on you page 1.

I still don't know what you were hoping to achieve. I can't see any response to that, organic or fabricated, being AI... especially because anyone in their right mind already suspects that you only posted it to stir the pot, so any reactions you get are WIFOM.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #50 (isolation #6) » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:18 pm

Post by Impede »

In post 48, northsidegal wrote:
In post 42, Kokichi Oma wrote:Why not? I'm trying to get the game going. And guess what? It's working~
i think it's an artifical way to get the game out of rvs, like people who self vote just so they can have the conversation about why self-voting in rvs isn't scummy. you're trying to force the game out of the low-information stage without providing any meaningful information to do so. yeah, saying "i'm scum" in rvs is certain to get people to react which generates content, but is that content really meaningful? what exactly have you gained from this endeavor? what i'm seeing from it are exactly the kind of weak conclusions that i would expect from the kind of content that claiming scum generates - voting someone just because they voted you.
Exactly. Well put.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (isolation #7) » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:18 pm

Post by Impede »

Not to be devil's advocate, but tunneling is a valid town strategy too
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (isolation #8) » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:56 am

Post by Impede »

@Nero: I don't know if anything you brought up is actually AI. See my earlier posts regarding why KO's scumclaim irks me.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (isolation #9) » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:39 am

Post by Impede »

Are you referring to my comment about the PL?
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #74 (isolation #10) » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:59 am

Post by Impede »

In post 73, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 69, Impede wrote:@Nero: I don't know if anything you brought up is actually AI. See my earlier posts regarding why KO's scumclaim irks me.
but it's not worth a vote b/c?
Did you read my post? It's WIFOM just like any reactions he gets from It. I'm More inclined towards newbtown on KO than newbscum. Not super interested in drumming up a PL wagon early in D1... that seems Very counter-productive when we could instead focus on more promising scumreads.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (isolation #11) » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:11 am

Post by Impede »

Read the thread. It's super clear why I was getting after him. It's not smart play and he was trying to defend his position against northsidegal's questioning.

As far as scumreads, I personally don't have anything terribly compelling at this stage.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (isolation #12) » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:52 am

Post by Impede »

In post 78, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 76, Impede wrote:It's not smart play and he was trying to defend his position against northsidegal's questioning.
I think this comes from scum alot. Attacking bad or poor play to make themselves look useful but it serves no purpose in scumhunting. I like my vote.
I'm curious to hear how questioning anti-town play is scummy. If I was scum, wouldn't I stfu and let bad town players take the game into a pointless rabbit hole?
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (isolation #13) » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:40 pm

Post by Impede »

In post 86, northsidegal wrote:no, i think nero's right here. questioning another player's logic if they're making weak points makes you look like you're trying to solve the game, when the reality is that mafia isn't a debate competition and townies can make mistakes or have fault logic too. obviously this doesn't mean that questioning another player's logic is pointless, always a scumtell or even likely to be one, it's just that an argument centered around logic rather than around scumhunting probably shouldn't form the basis for your reads on a player.
RIP. Ok, I can eat crow. I definitely wasn't scumhunting with those posts, more just getting after KO for what I thought was an annoying and unfruitful tactic. I see why Nero would want to jump on that since I'm getting after KO for being anti-town while essentially not contributing meaningfully to the discussion with my posts either.

I stand corrected. :oops:
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (isolation #14) » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:57 pm

Post by Impede »

In post 98, Nero Cain wrote:Why did northsidegals words make sense but you got upset with me?
Because you were annoying me :D . Also, sometimes helps to have a second person confirm that you're being stupid :igmeou: . In any event... duly noted on the scumhunting vs just going after someone for their jankity logic.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (isolation #15) » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:11 pm

Post by Impede »

In post 102, Bory wrote:
In post 94, northsidegal wrote: so nothing so far has been enough for you to comment on? what exactly
are
you waiting for?
I am waiting for sameone to counter his own posts or make a visible try to manipulate with samebody and I hope I will notice it.
Aw crap look what you've done. Now no one is going to do either of those things because they know you're looking for it. :wink:
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (isolation #16) » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:50 pm

Post by Impede »

I misread your statement. "I think I found the person" could very easily have been interpreted as referring to me. Hence the "make up your mind". Also, how is my answer weird? I've since explained myself.

What's your goal here KO? I think that's what everyone is trying to understand. Your line(s) of questioning are distinctly directionless, as was your opening scumclaim. If you really want to investigate Lapsa you would be better off focusing your effort rather than chasing rabbit holes. We have enough time to evaluate potential scum that certain leans can be followed up on as we gain additional content. Fence sitting and contributing to town directionlessness is scummy behavior.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (isolation #17) » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:25 am

Post by Impede »

In post 167, Kokichi Oma wrote:
In post 166, Lord Gurgi wrote:Kokichi Oma's deliberate refusal to engage with Sunlit Diamond is scummy and anti-town
Are you not reading or? I explained already.
This rings scummy to me. Although I fully recognize I did the same thing in my reactions to Nero. Could just be annoyed town lol.

Townreading Gurgi, Shinobi, Bory, SD. Their scumreading seems genuine. Of course, competent scum would also endeavor to display the same behavior, so time will tell if this will persist.
Null for the most part on everyone else. Working up a more comprehensive readslist as time permits!
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (isolation #18) » Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:23 pm

Post by Impede »

In post 186, Kokichi Oma wrote:How is it scummy? Read that contradiction within his whole post.
I have to agree that this is really a stretch. I saved you the time of pointing out the contradiction by
pointing it out myself
. I even qualified the entire thing by saying you could be annoyed town.

The very fact that you'd jump on this with a statement like "this one needs rope" is so incredibly scummy.

VOTE: Kokichi
KO at L-2
(provided I'm not terrible at math)
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (isolation #19) » Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:55 pm

Post by Impede »

In post 193, Kokichi Oma wrote:Impede is my #1 scumread now.
Makes sense. You wouldn't want to townread someone who's calling you out if you're scum.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (isolation #20) » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:16 pm

Post by Impede »

In post 196, Kokichi Oma wrote:Can anyone else see how his posts seem staged?
This looks a lot like recruiting so you can get attention off yourself. Your phrasing comes off a little manipulative and desperate too, implying anyone who doesn't see your point is somehow missing something.

I'm happy to jump right off this wagon as soon as you start looking town, but I haven't seen anything that comes off as genuine scumhunting from you.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (isolation #21) » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:08 pm

Post by Impede »

How did I get to L-2 lmao? And why am I the subject of such a delicious sales pitch?

Sorry for being LA. Nutty weekend.

Nero, mind explaining why you're back on the Impede wagon? The sales pitch was nice and all, but there wasn't any substance to it.

Not a very towny way to get a wagon formed.
In post 218, Flavor Leaf wrote:Well, can’t beat that deal.

VOTE: Impede

Had me at attractive saleswoman. Nice ploy.
In post 219, Sunlit Diamond wrote:Does the saleswoman have red hair and talk with a slight Texas drawl? #priorities

VOTE: Impede
What a goon squad. Do either of you have any actual rationale for your vote? Forming a wagon like this does nothing to benefit town... especially since I've already gone to my own defense. I hope you're ready to lynch this time because I really don't have anything else to say besides that I hope you are OK with getting scumread for the rest of the game when I flip.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (isolation #22) » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:10 pm

Post by Impede »

In post 302, Shinobi wrote:I agree with your bit on Sunlit but I still think that what Impede said made sense.
Regardless, I think both of them need to post right now.
Crap I was drafting a much longer response and I could've sworn I posted it. Annoying.

Anyways. By "post right now" what are you looking for exactly? I promised a readslist a couple days ago, but I still haven't gotten around to it. Need to set aside a half hour or so to do some ISOs.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (isolation #23) » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:24 pm

Post by Impede »

In post 257, Transcend wrote:UNVOTE:

Nvm impede is a dog

VOTE: Kokichi

L2
Woof
In post 269, Nero Cain wrote:STOP
IMPEDING
MY SCUM LYNCH!
welp
In post 288, Nero Cain wrote:he's saying that it was scummy of Impede to threaten Flavor and Sunlight with being scumreads.
In post 293, Shinobi wrote:I'm going to bed.
Impede or ASP explaining things would make this a lot easier.

Pedit: Yeah, maybe. I'll think it over during the day and come back later.
Regarding "threatening scumreads" I was just making a logical if/then statement. If you form a jankity wagon that doesn't stand up to scrutiny (it doesn't) and lynch me, then you will all be scumread for the rest of the game when I flip town. That would be just fine if you're actually scum (you being Nero, Flav, and SD), but if you're town, it's going to make sorting you really hard and probably directly result in at least one ML.

That's the reason why having truly towny motives doesn't matter at all if you make it look scummy. You want to throw together a wagon on me? Fine. At least make an effort to not look like scum.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #779 (isolation #24) » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:10 pm

Post by Impede »

Good game all! Sorry for encouraging the D1 ML on me by being MIA!

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”