northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #24 (isolation #0) » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:24 am

Post by northsidegal »

hey all! hope i'm not too late for some random voting.
VOTE: bory
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #35 (isolation #1) » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:35 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 33, Kokichi Oma wrote:So how about instead of RVS. We actually start some conversation. I think Lapsa's vote looked a bit opportunistic.
opportunistic in what way?

VOTE: kokichi
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #37 (isolation #2) » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:56 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 36, Kokichi Oma wrote:Because he didn't even say anything about it, just voted.
how does that make it opportunistic, or scummy? other people did the same thing or something similar, would you say the same thing about them?
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #40 (isolation #3) » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:03 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 38, Kokichi Oma wrote:
In post 34, Lord Gurgi wrote:The darker blue is preferable. I'm in sepia and often further redden my screen. The teal is difficult to read.

I think Kokichi is scum. Reading opportunism into a vote against them on page 1.
Why would I wait to look into things?
why would you look into something that likely doesn't have a lot of meaning behind it? why look into only the vote on yourself, specifically?
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #48 (isolation #4) » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:15 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 42, Kokichi Oma wrote:Why not? I'm trying to get the game going. And guess what? It's working~
i think it's an artifical way to get the game out of rvs, like people who self vote just so they can have the conversation about why self-voting in rvs isn't scummy. you're trying to force the game out of the low-information stage without providing any meaningful information to do so. yeah, saying "i'm scum" in rvs is certain to get people to react which generates content, but is that content really meaningful? what exactly have you gained from this endeavor? what i'm seeing from it are exactly the kind of weak conclusions that i would expect from the kind of content that claiming scum generates - voting someone just because they voted you.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #86 (isolation #5) » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:13 pm

Post by northsidegal »

no, i think nero's right here. questioning another player's logic if they're making weak points makes you look like you're trying to solve the game, when the reality is that mafia isn't a debate competition and townies can make mistakes or have fault logic too. obviously this doesn't mean that questioning another player's logic is pointless, always a scumtell or even likely to be one, it's just that an argument centered around logic rather than around scumhunting probably shouldn't form the basis for your reads on a player.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #94 (isolation #6) » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:37 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 89, Bory wrote:
In post 88, Shinobi wrote:
No, I get it - some people don’t like RVS and that’s fine. I also don’t think there’s a page of the game that people have posted plans, which is also fine.

What I’m asking is how are you intending to go about solving this game? If you haven’t found something worth talking about, how are you intending to create the lead you want/need?
I can wait. Peaple are already talking and I hope that soon will sameone post samething which will catch my eye.
so nothing so far has been enough for you to comment on? what exactly
are
you waiting for?
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #97 (isolation #7) » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:46 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 95, Kokichi Oma wrote:North, don't you find it weird that Lapsa pointed that out to just Bora?
huh, i had actually glazed over that. that
is
strange. lapsa, you don't feel any need to defend yourself now?
In post 96, Impede wrote:
In post 86, northsidegal wrote:no, i think nero's right here. questioning another player's logic if they're making weak points makes you look like you're trying to solve the game, when the reality is that mafia isn't a debate competition and townies can make mistakes or have fault logic too. obviously this doesn't mean that questioning another player's logic is pointless, always a scumtell or even likely to be one, it's just that an argument centered around logic rather than around scumhunting probably shouldn't form the basis for your reads on a player.
RIP. Ok, I can eat crow. I definitely wasn't scumhunting with those posts, more just getting after KO for what I thought was an annoying and unfruitful tactic. I see why Nero would want to jump on that since I'm getting after KO for being anti-town while essentially not contributing meaningfully to the discussion with my posts either.

I stand corrected. :oops:
i never really know how to interpret people just straight up admitting that they were wrong in mafia games. you don't really see it that often! for what it's worth i wasn't even making a point against you, i was just agreeing with nero in general about scumhunting vs debating.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #143 (isolation #8) » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:45 pm

Post by northsidegal »

i sympathize with kokichi here becuase i've been in the same position. noticing things that are strange isn't necessarily some attempt to avoid scumhunting, it can just as easily be town attempting to point out what they're noticing about the gamestate, even if not all of it falls immediately into town/scum.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #215 (isolation #9) » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:18 pm

Post by northsidegal »

UNVOTE:

this was left over from pressure / questioning earlier, had forgotten it was there.

i'm really not sure how to approach this game so far - there's been a lot of conversation that seems really weird to me and seems out of place in a regular mafia game, although i couldn't really point to anything in specific. perhaps it's just my infamiliarity with larger games. i've been a little busy so i haven't had time to comment but from what i can tell kokichi's wagon seems to be due to mostly personality or playstyle differences rather than scum behavior. i'll have to reread closer.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #316 (isolation #10) » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:53 pm

Post by northsidegal »

sorry for the lack of activity.

so it seems like there's really only two options for a lynch today - impede and kokochi. of the two i think i'd prefer impede - while i have a townlean on kokichi i don't really get a lot of town vibes from impede, and there's some feeling in the back of my mind that i can't get rid of when i look back at . i'd rather contribute to a wagon than not, and my gut is telling me that this is the better option.
VOTE: impede, l-2
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #337 (isolation #11) » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:55 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 328, mozamis wrote:
In post 257, Transcend wrote:UNVOTE:

Nvm impede is a dog

VOTE: Kokichi

L2
what do you mean "dog"?
i'm pretty sure he's just talking about his avatar.
In post 334, mozamis wrote:
In post 285, Nero Cain wrote:Then he caved in to pressure and was like "opps, I wasn't scumhunting, just barking at him."
yeah but why as scum would he say that? why admit that?
to get the pressure off, perhaps? if you're making a bad push as scum and others are calling you out for it, just admitting they're right pretty much stops the conversation.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #394 (isolation #12) » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:27 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 392, Flavor Leaf wrote:Good work saving me, Nero.
i mean, that's the million dollar question now isn't it? did scum shoot nero or did nero save someone else?

what makes you think nero protected you? even more, what makes you think scum took a shot at you? from his iso it doesn't seem like he crumbed in any way who he was going to protect.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #405 (isolation #13) » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:45 pm

Post by northsidegal »

i think he was probably just joking.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #407 (isolation #14) » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:50 pm

Post by northsidegal »

would any of you mind sharing a reason? i'm trying to be more active here and it'd get discussion going.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #416 (isolation #15) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:42 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 413, Lapsa wrote:
In post 410, Shinobi wrote:Stop throwing naked votes around and start making your logic known, please.
it's a waste of time explaining vote reasons to scum
if you want to get scum lynched you'll need to convince other people to vote them, too. typically i've found that explaining your reasoning is more effective in getting people to believe you than just repeating your opinion. also, nobody is always right on their first guess - talking through your reads is a great way to make sure that they make sense and stand up to scrutiny.

anyways, just a suggestion.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #420 (isolation #16) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:11 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 419, Sunlit Diamond wrote:I am utterly perplexed by this exchange.
i presume that i'm being made fun of. i was really just trying to find a polite way to say that the naked votes aren't worth much if nobody plans to ever explain them or if you don't follow up on them in some meaningful way.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #423 (isolation #17) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:36 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 422, Lapsa wrote:@northsidegal what you might not realize is that you essentially defended Shinobi in a risk free way
PlayerX wrote: Hmm... Why should I vote Shinobi? Oh, I member - he's the dude being naked voted. Ain't worth bothering.
mozamis gave a read
yeah, i realize that and i think that's entirely valid. i don't want to get into a lot of theory talk but without even the pretense of a reason i'd default to not voting someone over voting them. i'm not even questioning your vote on him, i'm just asking you to explain something behind your vote. i presume you have reasons for who you're voting so i'm interested in hearing what they are.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #430 (isolation #18) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:02 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 429, Flavor Leaf wrote:Why are you assuming naked votes don’t have reason behind them? This isn’t RVS. If there’s a naked vote, then there’s reason behind that, just not directly stated. Might not have the words to explain it yet either. To me, this seems like an indirect stab at people voting you and it brushes off credibility. Scum like to have reasons for why they are being voted, typically. Town generally shouldn’t care, because if there aren’t reasons behind the votes, why should it matter? Playing the game will have people realize that.
i never said that there wasn't any reason behind their votes - i understand that transcend just plays like this and it seems like lapsa plays similarly. i know (or at least, presume) that they have reasons for their votes, which is what i said if you'll look at what you quoted. what i was trying to say is that while they personally might have reasons for their votes, nobody else knows what those reasons are - i'm not really sure why they're voting shinobi and without a reason i'm not going to vote shinobi myself. really, i'm just trying to be a larger part of the conversation today because i didn't really do anything yesterday, so i wanted to hear people's thoughts - that's why i asked for their reasoning.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #432 (isolation #19) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:17 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 431, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 430, northsidegal wrote:
In post 429, Flavor Leaf wrote:Why are you assuming naked votes don’t have reason behind them? This isn’t RVS. If there’s a naked vote, then there’s reason behind that, just not directly stated. Might not have the words to explain it yet either. To me, this seems like an indirect stab at people voting you and it brushes off credibility. Scum like to have reasons for why they are being voted, typically. Town generally shouldn’t care, because if there aren’t reasons behind the votes, why should it matter? Playing the game will have people realize that.
i never said that there wasn't any reason behind their votes - i understand that transcend just plays like this and it seems like lapsa plays similarly. i know (or at least, presume) that they have reasons for their votes, which is what i said if you'll look at what you quoted. what i was trying to say is that while they personally might have reasons for their votes, nobody else knows what those reasons are - i'm not really sure why they're voting shinobi and without a reason i'm not going to vote shinobi myself. really, i'm just trying to be a larger part of the conversation today because i didn't really do anything yesterday, so i wanted to hear people's thoughts - that's why i asked for their reasoning.
Hmm, my obvious implications that I wasn’t talking about Shinobi didn’t go through.
if you're talking about your vote on me, where did i imply that your vote didn't have any reason behind it?

if you're going to point to , that was me talking about your "arrogant" comment, not your vote.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #435 (isolation #20) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:27 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 434, Shinobi wrote:Plausible, but there's just no way I lynch him before players like Assemble and ASP.
why so focused on the lurkers?
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #438 (isolation #21) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:04 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 437, Shinobi wrote:
In post 435, northsidegal wrote:
In post 434, Shinobi wrote:Plausible, but there's just no way I lynch him before players like Assemble and ASP.
why so focused on the lurkers?
Why are you not?
Is there some kind of lurker aversion here that I wasn't aware of until just this game or what?
i mean, are the lurkers your top scumreads? why do you place them at the top of your "lynch list"?
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #476 (isolation #22) » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:02 am

Post by northsidegal »

VOTE: not mafia

i was reviewing a bit and lord gurgi didn't do anything to convince me he was town day one - it was almost entirely information instead of analysis and tunnelling kokichi. for other people, even if they had a low amount of contributions, they at least gave the appearance that they were trying to solve the game - not so with gurgi.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #478 (isolation #23) » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:05 am

Post by northsidegal »

this'd be quite an interesting game, then!
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #482 (isolation #24) » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:12 am

Post by northsidegal »

why's that, on the vote being bad and it being scum?
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #484 (isolation #25) » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:26 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 483, A Simple Plan wrote:NM is town. Gut read, but I believe him to be town.
and you're getting that from gurgi's day one posting, right?
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #493 (isolation #26) » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:33 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 489, Shinobi wrote:Can I get a comment from someone that isn't scum?
Preferably from NSG because she was asking about it.
it seems to me like you're scumreading a playstyle moreso than the actual reasons behind what people are doing. some people play the game dismissively, lurking or voting without giving much reason behind it - it doesn't necessarily mean that they're scum. i think you should always look at the reason behind what people are doing - why is asp giving seemingly "dismissive" votes? well, it could be that he's scum just hopping on easy wagons, but i think the more likely scenario is just that he might be busy, same for assemble, whose lurking playstyle is consistent across most of his games. for scum, as a strategy always just hopping on easy wagons isn't likely to get them very far - people will notice it just the same as you have. this doesn't preclude asp or assemble from being scum, i'm just saying that i don't think the reasons that you've given make them scum.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #517 (isolation #27) » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:37 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 501, Transcend wrote:so this vc is interesting

my top 3 scumreads are being voted in the top 3 lynches

which rarely means that all 3 of them are scum

~HOWEVER~

all 3 of them are vanity voting as well

why are all three of them resisting each other

the game cannot be this easy, can it?
i'm not voting shinobi because i townread him. i would be willing to vote kokichi, mostly as a compromise lynch though.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #522 (isolation #28) » Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:06 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 521, Shinobi wrote:We're just going to end up on another last minute compromise and it feels bad.
I need to spend time figuring out how to fix that.

Speaking of which, what do people think of Flavor?
he hasn't done much and the sales pitch vote in seems lazy/scummy but the vote on me at the start of today seems unique enough that i'd townread it, even if transcend had already expressed a scumread on me the previous day. i don't think i'd be willing to lynch him.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #527 (isolation #29) » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:00 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 525, mozamis wrote:it just seemed like shade throwing
i could do assembles, its a bit of a lurker lynch but he certainly doen nothing town, decent chance of him being scum?
i know it's not going off of a lot, but i think assemble is town this game.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #535 (isolation #30) » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:07 am

Post by northsidegal »

like i said, it's not a lot to go off of but it seems like assemble's made more of an effort to put opinions forward this game, at least for him. whereas i think he could normally just skate by on his lurker meta if he were scum, from these posts it seems like he's made just a bit more effort to look at the game:
In post 332, Assemblerotws wrote:
In post 33, Kokichi Oma wrote:So how about instead of RVS. We actually start some conversation. I think Lapsa's vote looked a bit opportunistic.
In post 36, Kokichi Oma wrote:Because he didn't even say anything about it, just voted.
He RVSed someone who scumclaimed. The postcount hadn't broken double digits. You calling this opportunistic scum beggars belief.
In post 93, Kokichi Oma wrote:Also why did you point that out to just Bory? That's a bit weird.
Because Bory was the only one I saw defending him.
In post 54, Kokichi Oma wrote:
In post 49, Impede wrote:
In post 46, Kokichi Oma wrote:I just wanted to see who would have a weird reaction, and I think I found the person.
Make up your mind. I wasn't the one who suggested a PL on you page 1.

I still don't know what you were hoping to achieve. I can't see any response to that, organic or fabricated, being AI... especially because anyone in their right mind already suspects that you only posted it to stir the pot, so any reactions you get are WIFOM.
This post is a bit weird, cause I wasn't talking about you. But, the way you answered it is weird for someone you are suspicious of.
What's weird about it? He's explaining why your every action so far makes him scumread you.

You are crap-full of OMGUS and BS here, and you have the nerve to call my vote on you for that bad?
In post 460, Assemblerotws wrote:
In post 446, mozamis wrote:@ assembles what r your reads?
Readlist, from town to scum:
mozamis
Lord Gurgi
Sunlit Diamond
Flavor Leaf
Lapsa
Northsidegal
Transcend
A Simple Plan
Shinobi
Kokichi Oma
VOTE: Kokichi
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #536 (isolation #31) » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:12 am

Post by northsidegal »

i guess i'll stop "vanity voting" and vote the only likely wagon i'd be okay with going through today.
VOTE: kokichi
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #544 (isolation #32) » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:46 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 539, Sunlit Diamond wrote:
In post 526, Kokichi Oma wrote:So I'm your top scumread but you are okay with lynching who I've been pushing on for 2 days? Are you saying we are teamed or what?
I'm no longer over gamed. Expect better play from me.
please try to get into it as soon as possible - i'm doing pretty rough this game and hopefully some more discussion can fix that.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #547 (isolation #33) » Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:42 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 545, Sunlit Diamond wrote:Define "doing pretty rough."

I don't have a clue what's going on, rereading now.
not really sure how to contribute or advance the game in a meaningful way.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #562 (isolation #34) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:17 pm

Post by northsidegal »

VOTE: a simple plan
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #565 (isolation #35) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:13 pm

Post by northsidegal »

so are people willing to try talking today after that dose of reality?
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #583 (isolation #36) » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:19 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 575, Sunlit Diamond wrote:I'd like an answer from NSG.
the main difference is, among other things, that was my first game on the site. there's a bit more nuance to it, though - that game had a higher proportion of obvious townies and was far easier to sort by poe than this game, where i'm less confident about anything. anyone taking what you said as some kind of meta scumread is entirely ignoring the different contexts of the two games.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #584 (isolation #37) » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:20 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 570, Lapsa wrote:northsidegal
- lots of bullcrap
- first to call out asp
- sunlit's #548 (meta)
what a lazy read.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #595 (isolation #38) » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:56 am

Post by northsidegal »

what makes you think asp was intended to be framed? where does the flash lynch part of that come in?
In post 594, Lapsa wrote:I expect scum to be extremely cautious and lurky this day.
situation is fragile and one sentence can ruin their game
(keep an eye on "oh, I was so busy" excuse posts in following days)
you realize saying this is entirely counterproductive, right?
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #598 (isolation #39) » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:45 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 596, Lapsa wrote: I believe that Shinobi was a juicy scum target

I personally tunneled him out of fear.
his play seemed eerily subpar to what I expect from him yet big picture didn't come together and there really wasn't strong scumtells
i don't think this makes sense - presumably a juicy scum target would be someone that was obvious town, right? are you trying to say that you actually townread shinobi yesterday and day one?
northsidegal jumped on ASP vote pretty much immediately

I find such reaction fitting for panicking scum

NB:
in case that's not obvious - I'm speaking of framing in a general sense (vs actual Framer role)
why are you talking as if i wasn't the one who asked you (referring to me in the third person)?

it's certainly true that i voted asp as the first thing of the day, but i don't think at all that that shows an attempt by me to get a flashwagon going. surely if i were scum and that was my plan then i would have typed something up over the night and actually started pushing him today, wouldn't you think? also, what does "panicking" have to do with anything? if i'm scum here, why am i scared?
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #601 (isolation #40) » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:44 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 599, Lapsa wrote: sometimes

if obvtown is influential and correct - then it's a juicy target.
I guess Nero would qualify

in Shinobi's case - I believe motive to be different.
which is - to make contagious chain of town scumreads on each other
but do you have any reason to believe that?
mix of always oscillating null, slight town/scum lean.
sounds convenient but I can't help that
this is entirely inconsistent with everything you've been saying since about the end of day one - why should i believe you?
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #604 (isolation #41) » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:05 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 602, Lapsa wrote: WIFOM more
"wifom" is a lazy excuse for a point that doesn't make sense. you're saying that my plan here was to frame asp and to get a flashwagon on him - my play today isn't consistent with that theory.
In post 598, northsidegal wrote: also, what does "panicking" have to do with anything?
this is what I mean by bullcrap

I can't figure out town intent for such a question
i'm trying to figure out what you're saying - i didn't see the clear connection between me voting asp and me panicking.
vig + dead encryptor + calling out possibility of ASP framing => lack of plan, fear
and what does this have to do with me voting asp?
also - your question seems to be logically broken.
it sort of implies that you admit being scared

are you losing coherence on purpose to look like you are scum hunting?
my question isn't logically broken, nor does it imply that i'm admitting to being scared, nor am i losing coherence at all. if you were more specific i could give you a better response than this but you've just stated things that aren't true. you implied that i'm scared scum; "why would i be scared if i were scum?" is a perfectly valid question - your reasoning on that wasn't entirely clear.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #605 (isolation #42) » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:15 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 603, Lapsa wrote:
In post 601, northsidegal wrote: but do you have any reason to believe that?
yes
mind telling me why?
In post 601, northsidegal wrote:
mix of always oscillating null, slight town/scum lean.
sounds convenient but I can't help that
this is entirely inconsistent with everything you've been saying since about the end of day one
please, be more specific
you know what i'm referring to. the entire game you've been treating shinobi as if he's scum - there's never been any indication that your read on him was oscillating or that it was a slight town/scum lean.
In post 601, northsidegal wrote: why should i believe you?
seriously?
yes, seriously - like i said, what you're trying to tell me is entirely inconsistent with your play the entire game. is there some reason i should believe you? some indication that you actually held this opinion before?
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #611 (isolation #43) » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:25 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 608, Lapsa wrote:why shouldn't you believe me?
just because at the moment i'm not convinced that you're scum doesn't mean i'm taking everything you say as the truth, nor should i. my disbelief of your opinion on shinobi is unrelated to my read on you - it comes from being inconsistent with your play.
Lapsa wrote:another interesting scumtell is that you claim not to understand me

perhaps that's true. perhaps not

thing is - town usually don't emphasize that at all
i'm not sure i'd really call that "emphasis". i was explaining why i had asked the "panicking" question - the reason was clarification. i've never claimed to not understand you in general, just on specific points that were unclear to me.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #613 (isolation #44) » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:38 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 606, Lapsa wrote:1 it does make sense. you basically asked me to defend you in your place
2 not anymore for sure
3 perhaps there wasn't intent at all and you were just panicking
4 I see it as a scum slip. hasted reaction - as if it's completely obvious that ASP must be scum and everybody should unquestionably follow
1 i wasn't asking you to defend me - the question was largely rhetorical. i don't think there's a good answer as to why i wouldn't have something typed out or why i wouldn't have actually pushed for asp's lynch if i was scum, and i'm trying to say that that shows that i'm town.

2 but was it ever really? if you believe that it was, where are you getting that from with relation to me being scum specifically?

3 let's say i'm scum panicking here becuase my partner just got shot - why do i make the first post of the day as just a naked vote? why do i make the first post of the day at all? let's say you believe that i wasn't thinking clearly, just panicking. i still don't see your reason for
why
you believe this - it feels like you've just decided that i'm scum and you're coming up with reasons to explain it, rather than the other way around.

4 this really makes me think that you're confbiased on me at this point. like, you're reading so much into something so small and most importantly you're constructing narratives to fit your viewpoint.

i'm asking a lot of these rhetorical questions here - the main point i'm trying to illustrate is that i don't think you're really thinking through the reasons as to why you believe i'm scum.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #615 (isolation #45) » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:42 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 607, Lapsa wrote: mostly PoE. it's the only scenario I got that makes complete sense

assuming you are questioning events of this particular game and not game theory in general
i think it would do you well to reevaluate. it seems to me like the mozamis and shinobi flips should have shaken up your reads but you seem to be in the exact same place that you were in yesterday.
best reason there is is that nothing really forced me to share my read on Shinobi
when you say this, are you referring to today or previous days? like, are you saying that nothing forced you to share today or previously?
then again - so far you are doing crap job for me to care.
it feels like you are just using affirmation to sow doubt
could you explain what you mean by this? i'm not sure what "using affirmation to sow doubt" means. the confusion mainly comes from the "using affirmation" part.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #617 (isolation #46) » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:43 pm

Post by northsidegal »

why?
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #624 (isolation #47) » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:54 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 619, Lapsa wrote:then why do you even expect there to be a good reason that somehow magically confirms genuineness of my Shinobi read?
i don't expect there to be one, i was asking if there was one that you wanted to show.
that leads to my next point

we are going back and forth for quite awhile - yet somehow you haven't really revealed anything.
this is precisely what I mean by panicking. either lurking (which I'm sure you did) or "discussion" full of doubt, questions and vagueness

for Christ's sake - I'm calling you a scum. there's a huge pink elephant in the room

at the very least vote me and shout out loud:

Lapsa is lying, he's clearly making things up to cover his ass!
i'm trying to understand where you're coming from - what your read is based on, what your thought process is, et cetera. it's part of how i form my reads on people - that's why i felt so useless yesterday. tons of people were unwilling to interact or even give reasons as to their reads. i'm trying to look at things objectively here, or at least from your perspective. just because you're pushing for my lynch doesn't necessarily make you scum.
Transcend wrote:Hard
oh, i thought this was a gambit at first but i was confused - i wouldn't think you'd gambit a fake guilty. gunsmith, right?
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #627 (isolation #48) » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:59 pm

Post by northsidegal »

could you be a bit more specific here? i'd rather not give away more information than necessary.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #633 (isolation #49) » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:01 pm

Post by northsidegal »

really, i don't. you shot me night one? i have no clue why i would have lived through that. the obvious thought is that nero guarded me but not only do i find that doubtful, but it would also imply that scum shot him as well. perhaps there's a second protective role?

of course, there's always the explanation that you're just lying, but i really don't believe that here.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #636 (isolation #50) » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:04 pm

Post by northsidegal »

vigilante. there's more to it but again, i don't think it's beneficial to reveal everything - it'd allows scum to plan their play accordingly.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #639 (isolation #51) » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:05 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 637, Transcend wrote:And if you claim vig then I'm power lynching the shit out of you as you validated my fake claim.
what? i have no idea what this means.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #647 (isolation #52) » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:23 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 643, Lapsa wrote:
In post 624, northsidegal wrote: i don't expect there to be one, i was asking if there was one that you wanted to show.
^ bullshit
In post 599, Lapsa wrote: mix of always oscillating null, slight town/scum lean.
sounds convenient
but I can't help that
that quote is quite clearly saying that you can't help that your reads sound convenient. even if you can't help that they sound convenient, there might have been something you could point to as evidence - there's no inconsistency there.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #650 (isolation #53) » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:55 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 648, Lapsa wrote:and you are scum. there is no inconsistency in that

it's this scrutiny of pointless bullshit that gives you away

scum has to fabricate stuff so they do
i don't know how you haven't realized the obvious fact that you and i simply play the game differently. like, it's obvious that you and transcend are players who don't focus a lot on explanations and that i am. i'm not scrutinizing "pointless bullshit", i'm literally just trying to talk to you about your read on me. talking things through helps you refine a read and should allow you to see if there are any flaws in your thinking.

i'm not feigning ignorance when i ask you questions, i'm making an effort to not misrepresent what you're saying.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #652 (isolation #54) » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:17 pm

Post by northsidegal »

funny how you quote a post originally accusing me of defending shinobi - i seriously think you have issues with confirmation bias.

let's talk something other than just reads then - what do you make of my claim?
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #653 (isolation #55) » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:21 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 626, Transcend wrote:I wonder why you didn't die n1 :thinking:
oh, wait - this is obvious. i don't know how i had missed this before - shinobi must have jailed me. i mean, i'm still not sure why you think i should have died night one but that would explain it.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #656 (isolation #56) » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:33 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 655, Lapsa wrote:do you believe Nero was a vig hit?
no, it's almost certain that i was the vig shot and nero was the scum shot. it's possible that nero protected whoever scum were shooting but i think they probably just shot him.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #658 (isolation #57) » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:11 pm

Post by northsidegal »

i'm not sure why transcend is /saying/ that i should have died night one.

the second question was also a choice you asked me about - given the idea of mafia or the vigilante shooting me the vig shot seems more likely, but i still don't know.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #663 (isolation #58) » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:13 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 659, Lapsa wrote:
In post 658, northsidegal wrote: i'm not sure why transcend is /saying/ that i should have died night one.
so you just casually baited transcend to admit he's a vig for no good reason, correct?
transcend has already said that he's not the vig, but keep looking for reasons to scumread.
In post 661, Lapsa wrote:
In post 658, northsidegal wrote:given the idea of mafia or the vigilante shooting me
who gave it to you?
i thought it was implied in your question of if i thought nero was the vig shot. if nero was the vig shot and i was shot but didn't die night one then it would imply that i was the mafia shot - i didn't think that was true so the inverse seemed likely to me, that i was the vig shot and nero was the mafia shot.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #664 (isolation #59) » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:15 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 662, Transcend wrote:
In post 633, northsidegal wrote:really, i don't. you shot me night one? i have no clue why i would have lived through that. the obvious thought is that nero guarded me but not only do i find that doubtful, but it would also imply that scum shot him as well. perhaps there's a second protective role?

of course, there's always the explanation that you're just lying, but i really don't believe that here.
In post 635, Transcend wrote:Aite I'm not vig but you literally have a gun as you thought i was gs.

So hard claim lady.
In post 636, northsidegal wrote:vigilante. there's more to it but again, i don't think it's beneficial to reveal everything - it'd allows scum to plan their play accordingly.
i'm really not sure what i'm missing here.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #666 (isolation #60) » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:04 pm

Post by northsidegal »

what did you mean when you said "validated my fake claim"? why do you think i'm lying about being vig?
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #668 (isolation #61) » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:33 pm

Post by northsidegal »

is there a reason you're being so deliberately obtuse? unless you explaining would require revealing something about your role you don't want to, all you're accomplishing is clouding the truth and potentially furthering a misconception.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #673 (isolation #62) » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:35 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 670, Transcend wrote:the fact that you treated my vig claim as anything but bullshit as seen in 633 shows that your vig claim is also bullshit.
the modifier of my role makes it entirely clear to me that there is another vig out there. that person should know that i'm not lying.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #712 (isolation #63) » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:37 pm

Post by northsidegal »

oh, what? i had definitely thought for sure that asp was hammered and we were just waiting for the mod.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #715 (isolation #64) » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:04 pm

Post by northsidegal »

i'm voting there - i'm for it.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #725 (isolation #65) » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:50 pm

Post by northsidegal »

i shot sunlit diamond / luv. lapsa is a weird kill, i need a second to think about this.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #727 (isolation #66) » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:53 pm

Post by northsidegal »

of note is that novice isn't an explicitly normal modifier.

i'd like a massclaim from everyone else.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #728 (isolation #67) » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:54 pm

Post by northsidegal »

i mean, i don't think you ever win as scum here doing this unless you can somehow kill two people next night phase so i'm probably voting transcend here, but it always pays to be certain.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #729 (isolation #68) » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:00 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 726, Not_Mafia wrote:You don't, I'm a novice cop, inspected Mozamis night 2, Transcend last night
pretty sharp reads, by the way, if you're telling the truth.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #730 (isolation #69) » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:09 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 382, Dunkerdoodles wrote:
VC 1.9
Vote Count 1.9 (Final)

There are 13 players alive, it takes 7 votes for a lynch

(7)
Impede
:
Nero Cain
Sunlit Diamond
A Simple Plan
northsidegal
Kokichi Oma
Shinobi
, Transcend
LYNCH

(4)
Kokochi Oma
:
Lord Gurgi,
mozamis
Impede
, Assemblerotws,
(1)
Shinobi
:
Lapsa

(0)
A Simple Plan
:

(0)
mozamis
:

(0)
Sunlit Diamond
:

(0) Flavor Leaf:

(0)
Lapsa
:

(0) Bory:

(0) Assemblerotws:

(0)
Nero Cain
:

(0)
A Simple Plan (this was actually me)
:

(0) Lord Gurgi:

Not Voting:
Flavor Leaf

Mod Notes: Send in all actions by night end! Updated countdown below.

Night ends in (expired on 2017-11-18 20:00:00)
In post 558, Dunkerdoodles wrote:
VC 2.6
Vote Count 2.6 (Final)

There are 11 players alive, it takes 6 votes for a lynch

(6)
Kokochi Oma
:
mozamis
, Assemblerotws,
northsidegal
, Not_Mafia, Transcend, Flavor Leaf
LYNCH

(2)
Shinobi
:
Lapsa
A Simple Plan

(1)
A Simple Plan
:
Shinobi

(1)
mozamis
:
Kokichi Oma

(0)
northsidegal
:

(0) Assemblerotws:

(0) Not_Mafia:

(0) Transcend:

(0)
Sunlit Diamond
:

(0) Flavor Leaf:

(0)
Lapsa
:

Not Voting:
Sunlit Diamond

Mod Notes:

Night ends in (expired on 2017-11-28 19:00:00)
In post 720, Dunkerdoodles wrote:
VC 3.4
Vote Count 3.4 (Final)

There are 8 players alive, it takes 5 votes for a lynch

(4)
A Simple Plan
:
northsidegal
, Not_Mafia, Transcend, Assemblerotws,
Lapsa
LYNCH

(2)
northsidegal
:
Sunlit Diamond
L-3

(1) Assemblerotws:
Flavor Leaf
(0) Not_Mafia:

(0) Transcend:

(0)
Sunlit Diamond
:

(0) Flavor Leaf:

(0)
Lapsa
:

Not Voting:
A Simple Plan

Mod Notes: Not starting night until a replacement is found for Sunlit Diamond
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #740 (isolation #70) » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:45 am

Post by northsidegal »

i don't think nm is the type of player to fake a guilty. either he's lying or you're scum, transcend.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #759 (isolation #71) » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:32 am

Post by northsidegal »

for what it's worth scum had very good day play. like, i was totally demoralized day two and day three i still didn't really do anything productive. my only real contribution this game was probably the vig shot.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #760 (isolation #72) » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:34 am

Post by northsidegal »

i know the game technically hasn't been confirmed over yet, but when you get a chance - lapsa, why did you doubt my claim even after i hinted at the modifier?
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #763 (isolation #73) » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:49 am

Post by northsidegal »

i was just a night three vigilante, @flavor.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #774 (isolation #74) » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:41 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 96, Sunlit Diamond wrote:NSG is like a bulldog with her scum reads once she gets a lock AND she's pretty damn good at hiding PR status.
i'm pretty sure i should take this as a compliment, so thanks! :D
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #775 (isolation #75) » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:43 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 113, Transcend wrote:LUV!

I don't think we've been scum together.
In post 114, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:We haven’t! This is a dream come true!
sorry about killing your dream, luv. :wink:

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”