Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #950 (ISO) » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:29 pm

Post by Aubrey »

In post 947, Quick wrote:Besides that, his whole theory on who is Scum is pretty much a shot in the dark because it doesn't really point to anyone specific except who he chose out of a hat if you are to believe he is being truthful when he voted for Lucca. Beyond that, pretty much everything he says is baseless and we shouldn't really just take him at his word because if you start just trusting gut then you lose every time you play against a decent Scum player who uses gut. It just does not make sense to listen to anything Comm says really.
I'll agree he could do some more frontal work with explaining, even if he were to say something like "tonal read," but having played with him, I'm not overly shocked. Ask and he'll
usually
be glad to explain deeper, but you need to be specific. I never said we should take him at his word, nor blindly follow him, but he is a somewhat competent player. I think I've said this once in a round about way, but it's best to hold him to a certain degree of standards regarding those reads, and just watch how they are pushed. I'd say more, but should he actually be scum, I'd rather him not know any more than what I've already said.

--

This is probably a topic for another thread, but I'd argue gut is better than logical analysis. It's just harder to push those cases, and even harder to have self belief in those gut feelings at times.
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:34 pm

Post by Aubrey »

Battle of the meta reads. LOL. What has this game come to. Now that I think about it, we're both basically arguing, "THEY ARE'NT EXPLAINING SHIT, BUT I KINDA TOWN-READ THEM SORTA. WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU!"
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:38 pm

Post by Aubrey »

In post 915, CommKnight wrote:Will build my case later.
While it's on my mind, Comm. I initially assumed you had a case btw. Am I correct, or are you just waiting for him to fly off the lid?...
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:12 pm

Post by Quick »

In post 950, Aubrey wrote:
In post 947, Quick wrote:Besides that, his whole theory on who is Scum is pretty much a shot in the dark because it doesn't really point to anyone specific except who he chose out of a hat if you are to believe he is being truthful when he voted for Lucca. Beyond that, pretty much everything he says is baseless and we shouldn't really just take him at his word because if you start just trusting gut then you lose every time you play against a decent Scum player who uses gut. It just does not make sense to listen to anything Comm says really.
I'll agree he could do some more frontal work with explaining, even if he were to say something like "tonal read," but having played with him, I'm not overly shocked. Ask and he'll
usually
be glad to explain deeper, but you need to be specific. I never said we should take him at his word, nor blindly follow him, but he is a somewhat competent player. I think I've said this once in a round about way, but it's best to hold him to a certain degree of standards regarding those reads, and just watch how they are pushed. I'd say more, but should he actually be scum, I'd rather him not know any more than what I've already said.

--

This is probably a topic for another thread, but I'd argue gut is better than logical analysis. It's just harder to push those cases, and even harder to have self belief in those gut feelings at times.
That's all fine and well, but I can't really trust you at your word either. So just to cover my bases I'd like to ask others who have played with him if this is accurate or not.
https://youtu.be/LRkYiRnRzY0

Wakie, wakie. Eggs and Bacie.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:33 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

Quick v awoo is scum theater
Awoo
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:34 am

Post by Awoo »

uhhhhhhhhh
Awoo
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:36 am

Post by Awoo »

damn, I really could not care less about playing mafia
Awoo
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:40 am

Post by Awoo »

IDK why I thought playing a game like this would be fun and tbh not sure why people subject themselves to this modding seems like it might be fun though

@mod
replace me DD-X
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:56 am

Post by Aubrey »

meta is such an easy thing to check, I'd be shocked if ppl really ever lied about it Quick. I've already given proof about his associative tells to boot so :roll:
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:03 am

Post by Aubrey »

*Waits for Jamiet's replace out commentary*
Torque
Torque
Mafia Scum
Torque
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:01 am

Post by Torque »

Votecount 2.2

Quick (1): Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget (1): Maki Harukawa
lucca261 (4): CommKnight, Lalendra, Awoo, Flavor Leaf
Awoo (2): Jamiet99uk, Quick
Lalendra (2): lucca261, Aubrey

Not voting: Chisa Yukizome, Epic Fial

With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch!
[/color]

Kay, looking for a replacement.
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:46 am

Post by Lalendra »

In post 940, Quick wrote:I'm not completely sold on Lalendra. I need more of a case than this. I will say that she isn't really explaining... well, anything really, but that's her meta IIRC.
This is true.
In post 944, Aubrey wrote:Real talk, you say explaining/doing little to nothing is Lalendra's meta (which is lynch-able regardless IMO).
I will explain a little bit here. Being a newer player, I have very little confidence in my reads, and I am easily manipulated. As a result, I try not to post long drawn-out analyses of everyone's play, because in doing so I frequently open myself up to manipulation by scum. I also have a track record of being FOSed when I post these drawn-out analyses and change my reads later (even though that should be the natural progression of the game, but whatever). So, to avoid drawing too much attention or being manipulated, I tend to just sheep the people that I trust, and don't push hard unless something REALLY seems off to me. This game has been difficult for me to sort, which is why I'm taking a backseat.
In post 959, Aubrey wrote:*Waits for Jamiet's replace out commentary*
Ugh :dead:
Maki Harukawa
Maki Harukawa
Mafia Scum
Maki Harukawa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:18 am

Post by Maki Harukawa »

VOTE: lalendra

That lucca vote was gross
Kids are...weird. They come to me on their own. I'm not that good at taking care of them... I'm not that friendly either."
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:19 am

Post by Lalendra »

Kayyyy, still town.
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:27 am

Post by Lalendra »

I feel like one of you or awoo is scum and I just can't put my finger on which one.
Maki Harukawa
Maki Harukawa
Mafia Scum
Maki Harukawa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:35 am

Post by Maki Harukawa »

better figure out fast lovely
Kids are...weird. They come to me on their own. I'm not that good at taking care of them... I'm not that friendly either."
CommKnight
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:38 am

Post by CommKnight »

In post 952, Aubrey wrote:
In post 915, CommKnight wrote:Will build my case later.
While it's on my mind, Comm. I initially assumed you had a case btw. Am I correct, or are you just waiting for him to fly off the lid?...
Let me put this to you Aubrey. Anything I say publicly, will null and void any plans I cook up because whatever I tell you, I also tell scum.

That's the problem with playing mafia, even those you are certain are town, you cannot fully relay any information to without also relaying that same information to scum. So once you town read someone and want to know their plans, if you want those plans to work, you need to read between the lines of said plans to look for what they're really after. This is to keep scum having to be constantly on their game with figuring out if they're trapped or not.

If I were to reveal my plan to you here and now, then they'd know whether or not they're trapped and could weasel their way out. If I keep my mouth shut for a while longer, they could be already in the trap or they could walk into it thinking they were in it to try and get out of it.

Sneaksies townies we are.
Modded
Open 691 (Mafia Win)
Open 700 (Town Win)
Mini 1976 - Filled (Currently setting up)
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:46 am

Post by Lalendra »

In post 965, Maki Harukawa wrote:better figure out fast lovely
I find this response interesting. No defensiveness at all. Hm.

@Comm - It's good to know I'm not the only one who thinks this way. Though I find it interesting that I am scumread a lot more for it than Comm appears to be. Guess I have to be more aggressively confident.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:14 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

Not even close. There's an ocean of difference between 964 and 967
CommKnight
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:20 am

Post by CommKnight »

I always play in a way that I never show my full hand in any given game. Occasionally I'll show a few cards or even talk about my plan from another game. But I'll never show a full hand in an ongoing game.

Sometimes it might come off negatively. But I play with the thought process that only I will be able to understand what I'm going after because a lot of people lack the analytical skills required to break down my tactics here. It's nothing on them, but it's the fact they aren't use to this sort of playstyle for the most part.

A Simple Plan has been one of the few people here who seems to be able to break down the code behind what I'm doing for the most part. I think Aubrey is pretty close to that level but also last time we played he was scum. So that might be throwing his reads for a loop because back then he was trying to figure me out as town or traitor. But he knew I wasn't goon. Now this game where he's town, that certainty is gone from him because he now needs to compare this play to the last time we played. This time he has less information about me than he did back then. So it'll be interesting to see if he can figure out what I am doing here or not.
Modded
Open 691 (Mafia Win)
Open 700 (Town Win)
Mini 1976 - Filled (Currently setting up)
lucca261
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:03 am

Post by lucca261 »

In post 932, Lalendra wrote:
In post 919, Lalendra wrote:I think Comm is right, yesterday we got pretty distracted by Comm v Quick and even if there is scum there, we still have 2 others to find. I like where his head is at, and my confidence was shaken by a recent resounding loss, so I'll sheep this.

VOTE: lucca
You can infer and misrep all you want but I literally stated my reasons prior to voting you. Whether you agree with them or not is irrelevant, they are there.
I'll ask. Why do you think I'm scum? Your words, please.

---

@flub, : maybe. I would like the wagon on me evolve, to see the progressions and who will vote me/who won't. Currently, Awoo vote sucks, but it can't be four scum on my wagon, right? So I'll wait right now. questions: what do you think of Lalendra?/what's your read on my slot?

@quick, : agree that her lack of explanations could be a meta question. what is scummy, regardless of meta, is her convenient posts and opinions. she is going with the flow of the game. her votes are Jamie (when he was the biggest wagon), Quick (when you were the biggest wagon, after asking for reasons to vote him = a reason to easily sheep) and me (when I am the popular wagon). she is keeping her options open with hyper soft opinions and easy questions, as seen in , , . Her interactions with Comm are also strange, as she's sheeping his opinions and stating them again.
It's not a strong case, but it's what I have at the moment.

---

I would say there's at least one scum on me. The only players with explicit reads on me before today were Flavor, Quick and maybe Comm. It's an easy vote for scum, because they can hide in ambiguity and easily sheep a confident player such as Comm, taking themselves out of his suspicion now. Sadly for them, I'm not going down without a fight.
lucca261
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:06 am

Post by lucca261 »

In post 967, Lalendra wrote:
In post 965, Maki Harukawa wrote:better figure out fast lovely
I find this response interesting. No defensiveness at all. Hm.

@Comm - It's good to know I'm not the only one who thinks this way. Though I find it interesting that I am scumread a lot more for it than Comm appears to be. Guess I have to be more aggressively confident.
why do you think that is? the Maki quote, I guess.

---

I could go Awoo. her vote is also bad, and a lot of what I said about Lalendra can be applied to him. But I think his day 1 was stronger. But he is definitely not a townread of mine.
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:50 pm

Post by Quick »

In post 963, Lalendra wrote:Kayyyy, still town.
Completely pointless comment.

Lalendra, do you remember what I went over last game? If you thought I didn't have a point that would be one thing. I would like to know where you stand on the issue currently.
https://youtu.be/LRkYiRnRzY0

Wakie, wakie. Eggs and Bacie.
Torque
Torque
Mafia Scum
Torque
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:50 pm

Post by Torque »

Due to discussing this game in another thread, Jamiet99uk will be mod killed. They were a
Vanilla Town
turned
Neutral Survivor.

:(
Epic Fial
Epic Fial
Goon
Epic Fial
Goon
Goon

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:53 pm

Post by Epic Fial »