Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:07 am

Post by Luca Blight »

You're not exactly fighting her lynch either though, are you?

Why do you think she's Town?
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:19 am

Post by boring »

Okay kids, I'm ready for hammer. I believe I've done my best with this slot given the game state and composition.

-Iceguy is my best scumread. I don't think he can be scum with kelbris. I think it's possible for Ecto and Iceguy to be on the same team, however.

-I don't get the Yuria + Iceguy connection. It's possible Yuria is scum too, but I don't understand why they have to be scum together.

-I keep going back and forth on Ecto, Luca, and Daes. Keep a watch on the vote counts.

-Please don't overvalue of scum daytalk. It's rarely utilized as well as town imagines.

-There are a lot of conflicting personalities. Personality is NAI.

-Please, please don't develop amnesia on later days. If someone lurks/eeks their way into lylo then suddenly turns ubertown, for the love of puppies, review.
IceGuy
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:22 am

Post by IceGuy »

In post 700, Luca Blight wrote:You're not exactly fighting her lynch either though, are you?
What, exactly, do you expect me to do what I haven't done?
Why do you think she's Town?
I thought Elmo was town because I failed to see the scum motivation in her actions and because her wagon came together suspiciously quick. That read passed over to boring, who has then proceeded to give good, well-reasoned reads (although she did get up too tangled in useless back-and-forth for my tastes, which is not necessarily AI). You might disagree with her read on you, because she says you're scum, but it's obviously to see that even if she's wrong (which I think, because I think you're town), she's not coming from a scum mindset.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:39 am

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 702, IceGuy wrote:
In post 700, Luca Blight wrote:You're not exactly fighting her lynch either though, are you?
What, exactly, do you expect me to do what I haven't done?
Well, the fact I even had to ask you why you think Boring is Town is a sign you're not fighting her lynch. You haven't been trying to convince people Boring his Town, nor have you been pushing your scum reads particularly hard, barring a few passive-looking votes.

In post 702, IceGuy wrote:
I thought Elmo was town because I failed to see the scum motivation in her actions
and because her wagon came together suspiciously quick.
That read passed over to boring
, who has then proceeded to give good, well-reasoned reads (although she did get up too tangled in useless back-and-forth for my tastes, which is not necessarily AI).
You might disagree with her read on you, because she says you're scum, but it's obviously to see that even if she's wrong (which I think, because I think you're town), she's not coming from a scum mindset.
Bolded
- But you also said you didn't see Town motivation in her actions either - why have you conveniently left this bit out?

Underlined
- Yes, the read passed over of her not doing anything town, nor anything scummy. That's what you call a null read, not a Town one.

Italics
- this is wrong - she is no longer saying I'm scum; I am now a null read to her. And why is it obvious it's not from a scum mindset? If it was obvious I wouldn't be voting her.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:44 am

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 701, boring wrote: -Iceguy is my best scumread. I don't think he can be scum with kelbris. I think it's possible for Ecto and Iceguy to be on the same team, however.
This needs to be explained.
Yuria
Yuria
Goon
Yuria
Goon
Goon

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:01 am

Post by Yuria »

There's almost absolutely no way boring is scum rn
In post 692, Transcend wrote:
In post 690, mutantdevle wrote:Transcend why would you role claim... the only way you’d survive the night is if you jail the person who tries to shoot you... you’ve basically just wasted your role...
if it means wasting my role over getting lynched over obvscum then imma do it

believe me i didn't really want to either
hardclaiming at l-3? you're really going to claim you were so in danger of getting lynched? bs. You wanted to lure out the jk for a one for one an i'll gladly do it. My life's worth one scum lynch instead of some shitty one easy.

VOTE: transcend
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:09 am

Post by Luca Blight »

So you're CC'ing?

If so I really would have waited at least until Tomorrow before doing so.
Yuria
Yuria
Goon
Yuria
Goon
Goon

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:12 am

Post by Yuria »

yeah, and i thought about it. I can't let this lynch go through with how hard he's pushing it, I don't see how it could be a bus. might as well get this done now and let the rest of the info help the town than just try to get his lynch without claim.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:14 am

Post by Luca Blight »

To be honest though, given Transcend's play this game, it wouldn't even surprise me if he was VT trying to eat a night-kill.
IceGuy
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:15 am

Post by IceGuy »

In post 703, Luca Blight wrote: Well, the fact I even had to ask you why you think Boring is Town is a sign you're not fighting her lynch.
No, it just means that you haven't been paying attention. See #530 and #569.
You haven't been trying to convince people Boring his Town, nor have you been pushing your scum reads particularly hard, barring a few passive-looking votes.
You should know from 698 that this is my playstyle. I'm no Transcend.
In post 703, Luca Blight wrote:
Bolded
- But you also said you didn't see Town motivation in her actions either - why have you conveniently left this bit out?

Underlined
- Yes, the read passed over of her not doing anything town, nor anything scummy. That's what you call a null read, not a Town one.
You do not get to chop off half an argument. I thought she was town because no scum motivation + scummy wagon makes town in my book.
Italics
- this is wrong - she is no longer saying I'm scum; I am now a null read to her. And why is it obvious it's not from a scum mindset? If it was obvious I wouldn't be voting her.
Because scum would've likely chosen the easy way out (picking any established wagon and making arguments there). Boring isn't and I don't think she's playing a big game.

Also, VOTE: Transcend due to Yuria's counterclaim.
Yuria
Yuria
Goon
Yuria
Goon
Goon

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:22 am

Post by Yuria »

In post 708, Luca Blight wrote:To be honest though, given Transcend's play this game, it wouldn't even surprise me if he was VT trying to eat a night-kill.
then im done with this fucking game. There's no reason to do that ever, especially to get people to unvote you
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:23 am

Post by Luca Blight »

@IceGuy - I have been paying attention. In you merely said:

"boring continues Elmo's tradition of not doing anything that seems to have a scum motivation, while also not doing anything that helps town"

And in you merely said 'she had started to contribute in a towny way' - that hardly justifies a strong townread in of itself.

And I don't see your point then about Elmo (and Boring later on) not having town motivation if you were already hard townreading her based on her 'scummy wagon'? it's a pointless thing to say if you're not actually feeling conflicted over that slot.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:26 am

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 710, Yuria wrote:
In post 708, Luca Blight wrote:To be honest though, given Transcend's play this game, it wouldn't even surprise me if he was VT trying to eat a night-kill.
then im done with this fucking game. There's no reason to do that ever, especially to get people to unvote you
Yes it would be a stupid/risky play, but given his other claims I wouldn't have put it past him if I were in your position.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:28 am

Post by Ectomancer »

@mod - vote count please

unvote

I don't want boring lynched.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
IceGuy
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:30 am

Post by IceGuy »

In post 711, Luca Blight wrote:@IceGuy - I have been paying attention. In you merely said:

"boring continues Elmo's tradition of not doing anything that seems to have a scum motivation, while also not doing anything that helps town"

And in you merely said 'she had started to contribute in a towny way' - that hardly justifies a strong townread in of itself.

And I don't see your point then about Elmo (and Boring later on) not having town motivation if you were already hard townreading her based on her 'scummy wagon'? it's a pointless thing to say if you're not actually feeling conflicted over that slot.
I'm not sure what point you're trying to make here. I had Elmo as town because I failed to see a scum motivation for her actions and because of how the wagon came together. With boring replacing Elmo, I gradually became more confident in that read as boring started to display a town motivation.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:39 am

Post by Luca Blight »

My first point was countering your point that you had been clearly explaining your Boring townread in the posts you mentioned - I proved that wasn't the case.

My second point - I assumed you had Elmo as 'null' at best due to your 'no scum motivation, no town motivation either' line. I certainly did not think you were townreading Elmo based on , nor does do anything to make me think you're townreading Boring.

So my point here is a) the sequence of events seems off; you are not townreading (or at least making your townread clear) when you claimed to be in , and b) your comment of 'I don't see any town motivation' is a strange one to make of someone you're townreading - it's as if you want to leave the door open to wagoning later, but don't want to be held responsible for her lynch.
IceGuy
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:50 am

Post by IceGuy »

So your point is that my reads change as the game progresses. Okay.

By the way, I was suspicious about Elmo's wagon already in #158.

Also, you probably should've noticed that despite all the opportunities, I haven't jumped on Elmo's or boring's wagon. If I wanted a lynch of any of them, there would've been several possibilities to be the hammer.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:54 am

Post by Luca Blight »

No, my point was that your reads weren't as you purported them to be.

And yes, you haven't jumped on Boring's wagon, but as I said I've never been under the impression you've been massively against it either; it hasn't come across that way.
IceGuy
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:57 am

Post by IceGuy »

In post 717, Luca Blight wrote:No, my point was that your reads weren't as you purported them to be.
Direct quote:
In post 212, IceGuy wrote: I don't really see a reason to hammer you, because I fail to see a scum motivation for your actions. What I also don't see is a town motivation for your actions.

Also, my point on how fast this wagon came together still stands. The wagon reeks of scum which indicates to me that it's a wagon on town.
And yes, you haven't jumped on Boring's wagon, but as I said I've never been under the impression you've been massively against it either; it hasn't come across that way.
As I said, playstyle.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:11 am

Post by Luca Blight »

Fair enough, although I still don't like how in (your catch-up post) there is no indication of a townread on Boring, and she was at L-2 at that point I believe.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:12 am

Post by Ectomancer »

vote Iceguy
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
IceGuy
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:14 am

Post by IceGuy »

In post 719, Luca Blight wrote:Fair enough, although I still don't like how in (your catch-up post) there is no indication of a townread on Boring, and she was at L-2 at that point I believe.
At that point, my boring townread was still very much based on my Elmo read.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:18 am

Post by Luca Blight »

IceGuy, does it not bother you that you're Boring's 'best scumread'?

If someone I believed was Town was scumreading me more than anyone else it would probably bother me a bit. Your lack of reaction to it seems a bit strange to me.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:20 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Don't lynch anybody until I come back with a breakdown post on events please.

Nobody else claim!

IceGuy
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:22 am

Post by IceGuy »

In post 722, Luca Blight wrote:IceGuy, does it not bother you that you're Boring's 'best scumread'?

If someone I believed was Town was scumreading me more than anyone else it would probably bother me a bit. Your lack of reaction to it seems a bit strange to me.
No. Town is, without PRs, barely better than random lynching. So town is wrong about X being scum pretty often.

Return to “Completed Open Games”